Moved to new iPad, lost all my kid's stuff

MikeTMikeT Registered Users 3 Posts
I just moved to a new iPad, restored all apps from a backup, but seem to have started back at the beginning of Indestructable. My kid'll be devastated. Any thoughts on how to get back to where he was? I did already sign into Game Center, but that didn't restore anything.

Comments

• Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    MikeT wrote: »
    I just moved to a new iPad, restored all apps from a backup, but seem to have started back at the beginning of Indestructable. My kid'll be devastated. Any thoughts on how to get back to where he was? I did already sign into Game Center, but that didn't restore anything.

Unfortunately their is no icloud mechanism to save data like some other glu games (some also store data on gamecenter), if the ipad has already been restored from a backup made before the update/restore was made and no data is on it you might have lost it :(
    IMG%5D
  • MikeTMikeT Registered Users 3 Posts
    Well, im not sure i understand. most of my apps seem to be fine and working. Candy crush, for example, kept all its settings, as did most other apps.
    Well, im not sure i understand. most of my apps seem to be fine and working. Candy crush, for example, kept all its settings, as did most other apps.

Candy crush pulls the data from facebook, if not im sure there was a save inside of the backup for the game if no facebook login was needed.
    IMG%5D
  • MikeTMikeT Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thanks for trying to help me understand!! So, even though we were signed in to Game Center (although not into Facebook) the data wasn't saved there?
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Candy Crush is indeed data from facebook.

I've done a restore on my ipad before; some will save and some will not, even if from game center.
    In this case, this game probably is not one.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Thanks for trying to help me understand!! So, even though we were signed in to Game Center (although not into Facebook) the data wasn't saved there?

Gamecenter does not store data for this game like some other glu games for example gun bros 2 saves the data on game center. Unfortunately this game does not
    IMG%5D