My Ravager Loadout

MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
As I noted in an earlier post, someone else may have posted a loadout topic at some other time, but I can't find it and in any event, I thought it would be good to get new thoughts and ideas on a new thread.

I have a love/hate feeling towards my Ravager. I love it when I win with it and hate it when I lose with it ::D. Lately, I have been questioning my loadout because I have been losing with my Ravager a lot lately, so if anyone has ideas or suggestions of something that may work better, I'm all ears.

I have always used the flamethrower with the Ravager because the active ability of disabling engines perfectly complements the flamethrower. Freeze them, then burn them. Then get away, because this thing never seems to have enough armor on it - or speed for that matter.

One of my biggest issues with the Ravager is its weight. It can be easily pushed around by kinetic weapons, especially the high-impact bullets consumables. In fact, a player with even a little experience could sit far enough away from my Ravager to avoid the burn, and then just pin the Ravager down and hit it with bullets until the Ravager explodes. In those situations, the Ravager cannot even move and it can be extremely frustrating. The Ravager seems to perform better against rockets, because the bounce back is no longer an issue for it. Of course, too many rockets and the Ravager will show it's eggshell-thick armor. Not good.

So, with that said, here is my current loadout (that has changed twice in the past 3 days):

- Flamethrower
- T4 Window
- T4 Resonator (increased burn)
- T4 Exhaust
- T4 melee
- High-temperature laser consumable (for increased burn)

This loadout gives my Ravager a whopping 1,364.7 in damage, but only 3,184 in armor. I recently added the exhaust in exchange for the intake (acceleration), which had replaced a T3 window that I used to have (which had replaced a T3 resonator that I had before that). As you can see, I can't settle on a loadout for my Ravager, and that is a function of my performance with it - which has been up and down.

I have won a few recent tough matches with this loadout, so maybe I have found something to stick with. Or, maybe the opponents just didn't zero in on the Ravager's weaknesses. Perhaps I should get rid of the flamethrower with this to avoid being pinned down by kinetics - but I sure love the 22 capacity that the flamethrower takes up. Also, I thought about substituting the Exhaust with a T4 Recharge because the active ability of the Ravager makes for such a nice advantage over opponents. I'm still not sure about my decisions in that regard.

I am open to suggestions and ideas if anyone has anything they really like with the Ravager.
MantaRay [S&A Co.™]

Comments

• POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    I use all those except missles edition,note that if your partner is a noob,you gatta do it yourself,sry manta,but you would need a decent partner that knows what to do when your opponents are on fire
    Also note that 10 armor and 10 energy may not really add up to what you think it will,i mean its not exactly that much unless you steal like,1000 armor.but even though why use it when it wont do anything,missles wont activate it,but hell itll pack a **** blow to the face.my ravager used to do 500 damage,lowered it to 450 and I gave it extra speed to make the "recover the charge(edition)" for my ravager.i ain't never gonna release my "team death match(edition)" ravager,its like a beast,some loadout i treasure,rudy,no i will no pwf with my tdm ravager
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    POLEREX_11 wrote: »
    I use all those except missles edition,note that if your partner is a noob,you gatta do it yourself,sry manta,but you would need a decent partner that knows what to do when your opponents are on fire
    Also note that 10 armor and 10 energy may not really add up to what you think it will,i mean its not exactly that much unless you steal like,1000 armor.but even though why use it when it wont do anything,missles wont activate it,but hell itll pack a **** blow to the face.my ravager used to do 500 damage,lowered it to 450 and I gave it extra speed to make the "recover the charge(edition)" for my ravager.i ain't never gonna release my "team death match(edition)" ravager,its like a beast,some loadout i treasure,rudy,no i will no pwf with my tdm ravager

Hahahah why's that? Because you know that I know you play dirty with it?
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    Yeah, I have never found the Ravager's passive ability to be anything to write home about. The strength of the Ravager is its active ability - the ability to disable another car's engine while you're still able to move is a huge advantage. Of course, you have to do something with that precious 3 seconds to make that advantage worthwhile. If there is limited speed, then the active ability becomes less valuable because you can't really get anywhere during the time the opponent's car is disabled. At the same time, with a flamethrower, the active ability will allow you to burn the other car if that car had previously been trying to avoid you and your flamethrower with its speed. If the car you just disabled was a mantis, punisher, retro or ghost, it is likely that the fire you just lit them with will kill them.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    MantaRay wrote: »
    Yeah, I have never found the Ravager's passive ability to be anything to write home about. The strength of the Ravager is its active ability - the ability to disable another car's engine while you're still able to move is a huge advantage. Of course, you have to do something with that precious 3 seconds to make that advantage worthwhile. If there is limited speed, then the active ability becomes less valuable because you can't really get anywhere during the time the opponent's car is disabled. At the same time, with a flamethrower, the active ability will allow you to burn the other car if that car had previously been trying to avoid you and your flamethrower with its speed. If the car you just disabled was a mantis, punisher, retro or ghost, it is likely that the fire you just lit them with will kill them.

Ive played some intense ravagers and wish I knew what their load out was. The encounters I refer to are the obvious T4 laser with knock back consumables. In these instances the passive ability to drain is really apparent especially if the aa is activated between both combatants then the drain is more intense. The laser becomes the conduit and until the Ravager is killed each time he deploys the laser the armor is drained and the opponent is knocked around unmercifully.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!