BigRig Loadout & Observations

MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
In the perpetual review of loadouts for all my vehicles, I present to you my current BigRig loadout:

- T4 Tornado Cannon
- T4 Prototype Ammo (20% more damage)
- T3 Armor-Piercing Ammo (17% more damage)
- T4 Intake (40% increase in acceleration)
- T2 Melee
- Incendiary Bullets consumable

I am somewhat satisfied with this loadout, but speed always remains an issue with this vehicle. I opted for the intake instead of the exhaust because to me, the BigRig's biggest problem isn't only it's lack of speed - it's the total lack of acceleration. Often times, when forced to stop due to collision or train or whatever, it takes the BigRig what seems like forever to get going again. During those everlasting seconds, it is so easy for an opponent to pound away at the BigRig until it is reduced to twisted and burnt metal.

Also, increased acceleration allows you to turn (which slows you down) and get going quicker instead of making a sharp turn and then having to endure the sloth-like acceleration. Increased acceleration at least gets the BigRig moving again, which will save just as much time as a higher top speed. What good is a higher top speed when it takes you forever to get to it? This is especially true in smaller boards such as the Iceberg and the Plane Crash board. Perhaps not so much on the Rocket Base and Island boards. However, note that increased acceleration in the Rocket Base will rid your BigRig of the "climbing problem" that it can have when you try to climb the ramp up to the flag/charge base without having built up some momentum. Nothing more frustrating than finally getting to your base with the flag only to find yourself struggling to climb the little ramp up to your flag (and then having the reverse mechanism kick in, pushing you further away from your flag and wasting precious seconds).

I chose the top kinetic weapon as opposed to rockets for two reasons. The first is because the BigRig's passive ability, increased rate of fire after taking damage, only works with kinetic weapons. The second reason is that slower vehicles utilize kinetic weapons better because of the distance capabilities of kinetic weapons --- they can shoot vehicles that are further away faster, which is something you need because you don't have the speed to close in on targets.

You'll also notice that I have two components increasing damage for the tornado cannon. My rationale for choosing the increased damage was to overwhelm opponents with firepower. Since the BigRig is not adept at escaping hairy situations, then punish those who choose to stand and duke it out with the BigRig. That thought may be misplaced, sure, but it is misplaced to the tune of 415.2 damage per second. The incendiary consumable magnifies that punishment. Plus, with the high energy capacity of the BigRig (75), it is unlikely that you'll find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being in a close quarters combat without the ability to shoot.

Let's hear your thoughts on optimal BigRig loadouts.

EDIT: I have changed my BigRig's loadout to missiles (T4) and it is sooooo much better it's not even close! My NEW loadout is described in my post on page 3 of this thread.
MantaRay [S&A Co.™]

Comments

• RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    I'm using Intake 4, Window 4, Exhaust 3 (I think) and no Melee. HMT4 Missiles with heat seek cons
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Ive been using the same as you Manta except for intake i substitute t2 kinetic to get max bang for the buck at 400+ Kill power. I've had some success with this load out yet aim for me is my weakness and gets me killed more than I care to admit. I may try the load out from yours as well as Rudy's.

Next post your your dozers cause mine is severely lacking.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    BigRig is easily my worst vehicle, and I say that with confidence because, as some of you know, I keep stats on all my vehicles. My record with the BigRig is worse than my record with the Retro. When I started recording statistics, I would not have guessed that the BigRig would be worse than the Retro, but I've played enough matches now to account for statistical variance and the BigRig remains my worst vehicle. So, take my loadout with a grain of salt - the most recent version seems to work better than some of my previous loadouts, but there is still room for improvement. I might try Rudy's loadout and see how that works.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    MantaRay wrote: »
    BigRig is easily my worst vehicle, and I say that with confidence because, as some of you know, I keep stats on all my vehicles. My record with the BigRig is worse than my record with the Retro. When I started recording statistics, I would not have guessed that the BigRig would be worse than the Retro, but I've played enough matches now to account for statistical variance and the BigRig remains my worst vehicle. So, take my loadout with a grain of salt - the most recent version seems to work better than some of my previous loadouts, but there is still room for improvement. I might try Rudy's loadout and see how that works.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think Steven is using mine. But he uses Groovy. I'm more of a Flamer/Cyber Hurricane driver. I get distracted by the rainbow smoke...
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

@Dapper - I switched from the über fast Dozer with two exhausts to something that better helps me dish out damage without sacrificing maneuverability. Tier 4 Exhaust and Reloading. If you want to survive longer, ditch the T4 Melee and equip a T4 window with the exhaust and mechanism.

RudyBan wrote: »
    I think Steven is using mine. But he uses Groovy. I'm more of a Flamer/Cyber Hurricane driver. I get distracted by the rainbow smoke...

I like the rainbow smoke and switched to Groovy because of it. It would be nice if there was a more menacing paint job for the BigRig.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • GrowlrrGrowlrr Registered Users 29 Posts
    I find the Demolisher hold supreme when it comes to kinetic or thermal weapons (only the lasers, the FT is it's own special category), so all my other vehicles use T4 missles, even my Punisher.

In my opinion, the BigRig is simply outgunned by the Demolisher, & in terms of brute strength, the Dozer is king. I can't seem to find an experimental setup for the BigRig or Punisher that succeeds in it's own special way.
    Growlrr wrote: »
    I find the Demolisher hold supreme when it comes to kinetic or thermal weapons (only the lasers, the FT is it's own special category), so all my other vehicles use T4 missles, even my Punisher.

In my opinion, the BigRig is simply outgunned by the Demolisher, & in terms of brute strength, the Dozer is king. I can't seem to find an experimental setup for the BigRig or Punisher that succeeds in it's own special way.

I agree. The BigRig's limitations are simply too many to hold it's own against most of the other vehicles out there. Even a good Retro player would handle the BigRig easily. However, I feel that if the BigRig has kinetic, it would stand more of a chance against a Retro than a BigRig with missiles would. If you don't have speed, it is easier to beat speed with kinetic than it is with missiles.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • GrowlrrGrowlrr Registered Users 29 Posts
    I concur. The Tornado Cannon w/ knockback consumables is the bane of fast cars.
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    The BigRig is not my go-to vehicle but a heck of a lot of fun to play with. Love blowing cars off the cliffs with its AA and love smashing into and cornering cars with it. Nothing more fun than firing my T4 consumable missiles (not heat seeker) and lifting cars into the air and making them bounce around like popcorn. With that said, I can understand your logic Manta for using the cannon with the BigRig because it maximizes the Passive Ability (PA) but I agree with Rudy that T4 missles are the way to go with it if your aim is good.

The BigRig was not built to be fast so in my opinion to change the inertia of its make-up (i.e. to be a sloth) by making it faster (with exhausts) is a waste of components on it. Why make it into something it is not? If a player is good at using the BigRig's size to corner vehicles and trap them with its AA, the BigRig can be a juggernaut on the battlefield. Players should not be using the BigRig to chase down Ghosts and Mantis' but rather skillfully using its size and AA to trap them and then blow them to smithereens with consumable missiles. The legendary Grim Future, i.e. Victor, who used to be awesome at this game until he retired, (although still plays here and there) used the BigRig with devastating results. I think your T4 intake is a good choice because it increases its maneuverability which is very important if you want to trap opponents. Rudy mentioned taking off the melee which I can understand if you want to add an extra component but I personally don't like to do that to my BigRig because I feel like that is emasculating it. :rolleyes:

My load out is as follows: HMT4 missiles, T4 Melee, T4 missile re-loader, T4 Armor and consumable missiles to pound around those pesky yellow Racecar Mantis' :) Or substitute the the T4 re-loader with T4 intake for maneuverability for trapping purposes. If you can afford it, then heat seeking missiles are awesome for making up for some of the BigRig's slothfulness.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
    Mike wrote: »
    The BigRig is not my go-to vehicle but a heck of a lot of fun to play with. Love blowing cars off the cliffs with its AA and love smashing into and cornering cars with it. Nothing more fun than firing my T4 consumable missiles (not heat seeker) and lifting cars into the air and making them bounce around like popcorn. With that said, I can understand your logic Manta for using the cannon with the BigRig because it maximizes the Passive Ability (PA) but I agree with Rudy that T4 missles are the way to go with it if your aim is good.

The BigRig was not built to be fast so in my opinion to change the inertia of its make-up (i.e. to be a sloth) by making it faster (with exhausts) is a waste of components on it. Why make it into something it is not? If a player is good at using the BigRig's size to corner vehicles and trap them with its AA, the BigRig can be a juggernaut on the battlefield. Players should not be using the BigRig to chase down Ghosts and Mantis' but rather skillfully using its size and AA to trap them and then blow them to smithereens with consumable missiles. The legendary Grim Future, i.e. Victor, who used to be awesome at this game until he retired, (although still plays here and there) used the BigRig with devastating results. I think your T4 intake is a good choice because it increases its maneuverability which is very important if you want to trap opponents. Rudy mentioned taking off the melee which I can understand if you want to add an extra component but I personally don't like to do that to my BigRig because I feel like that is emasculating it. :rolleyes:

My load out is as follows: HMT4 missiles, T4 Melee, T4 missile re-loader, T4 Armor and consumable missiles to pound around those pesky yellow Racecar Mantis' :) Or substitute the the T4 re-loader with T4 intake for maneuverability for trapping purposes. If you can afford it, then heat seeking missiles are awesome for making up for some of the BigRig's slothfulness.

Ha! I love it. Good post, Frenzy. It is such a dilemma for me whether to continue with kinetic or switch to missiles on the BigRig. You make some good points, especially with trying to make the BigRig into something it's not. You can look at it like this - the BigRig has some areas where it is very strong and some areas where it is very weak. In giving it components, do you want to change it so that it is exceptionally strong in some areas and very weak in others, or do you want to make it so that it is very strong in some areas and average in others?

Ahhh, the age-old Indestructible loadout dilemma. Looks like I have some BigRig testing to do.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    Yes, To Be or Not to Be? That is the question. :cool:

I prefer overwhelming firepower (SHOCK) AND armor (AWE) with the BigRig rather than speed which is the weakness in my BigRig's layout. I don't care for meh firepower and meh speed, just my $.02.

Speed is deadly in this game and I have tremendous respect for its capability because with the right vehicles (Mantis, Ghost, even the Retro) it can be down right lethal in the hands of a skilled player. Nothing more annoying than helplessly being circled by a skilled Mantis shooting missiles at you and stinging you like a bee.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I concur. The Tornado Cannon w/ knockback consumables is the bane of fast cars.

Hey Groufus! Glad to see you made it over the bridge. Now, about your observations. I agree entirely. The Demo with all windows, kinetic or thermal and impact consumables is sure to be a ruthless killer. I've been leaning towards using my Dozer and Mantis more lately though. I'll have to use ConCaoCao's load out again soon.

Frenzy, I like the Reloading Mech idea. But I find it to be a must to have at least an exhaust equipped. So I'd have to ditch the window? Maybe

I only see Reloading Mechanism working with Impact Cons to bounce smaller pestilential cars around when they come close.

I agree with you Growlrr. The BigRig is toast against a formidable Demo, period. The only way a BigRig can win against it is possibly cornering it, keeping it off balance as long as possible with its AA and making it hard for your opponent to keep his scope on you while you pummel it faster with heavy missile firepower faster than before begins to siphon off your armor. Otherwise, as the famed Edward Murrow used to Say: "Good night and good luck."
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I will say the big rig is most fun in of all places the train station. There you constantly have people trying to get hold of that power up in the middle which is prime ground for the BR AA to take em out. Had a match the other day where I only had one kill yet I threw 3 to the wind to help my team win, yeah you don't get the kills but it's fun.

Hey Groufus/Growirr nice couple of games, thanks for the heads up on shooter I always am forgetting the nuances.

Frenzy most times rimes I use the BR for my daily quota when I need kinetic kills but I'm thinking that I need to be a more balanced player and use all even cough retro on a regular basis.

Rudy/Frenzy I like the idea of the reloaded and will consider this the next setup with the T4 missiles.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    I will say the big rig is most fun in of all places the train station. There you constantly have people trying to get hold of that power up in the middle which is prime ground for the BR AA to take em out. Had a match the other day where I only had one kill yet I threw 3 to the wind to help my team win, yeah you don't get the kills but it's fun.

Hey Groufus/Growirr nice couple of games, thanks for the heads up on shooter I always am forgetting the nuances.

Frenzy most times rimes I use the BR for my daily quota when I need kinetic kills but I'm thinking that I need to be a more balanced player and use all even cough retro on a regular basis.

Rudy/Frenzy I like the idea of the reloaded and will consider this the next setup with the T4 missiles.

Yes, the BR is fun to use on that map for the reasons you stated. Did not understand the last part of your sentence to me. I think you will come to like the T4 re-load mech on your BR. keep me posted on your thoughts about it.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Frenzy, I like the Reloading Mech idea. But I find it to be a must to have at least an exhaust equipped. So I'd have to ditch the window? Maybe

I only see Reloading Mechanism working with Impact Cons to bounce smaller pestilential cars around when they come close.

I hear that Rudy. The exhaust is important to have on the BR. The reload mech is also good for hitting even Dozers. I know the bounce back does nothing to a Dozer but the faster you hurl those 425+ damage missiles at it, the faster it explodes. The BR is equipped with 75 energy units so unlike other vehicles in this game, it can fire off many missiles fast without fully draining firepower.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Yes, the BR is fun to use on that map for the reasons you stated. Did not understand the last part of your sentence to me. I think you will come to like the T4 re-load mech on your BR. keep me posted on your thoughts about it.
    My bad, I was referring to the reloader and auto correct made it reloaded. Both you and Rudy eluded to the use of the reloader.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I hear that Rudy. The exhaust is important to have on the BR. The reload mech is also good for hitting even Dozers. I know the bounce back does nothing to a Dozer but the faster you hurl those 425+ damage missiles at it, the faster it explodes. The BR is equipped with 75 energy units so unlike other vehicles in this game, it can fire off many missiles fast without fully draining firepower.

I thought about that, Frenzy, and that's (the 75 energy units) my biggest temptation to switching to missiles on the BigRig. But, if I do that, I'm not taking advantage of the vehicle's passive ability with regard to kinetic weapons and, I've maximized my passive abilities on the skills page to boot.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]

I thought about what you said in regards to having a melee tied down.... I did it and I feel all the more tough in my BigRig... Tier 4 Melee with Cap, Window, Reloading.

The energy base is the only reason I use missiles on it. On my Mantis with reloading mech, the energy runs dry for a while and I have to run around for it to regen, and take a bit of damage from the enemies for energy. 'Restoration'

• POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    meh,missles make a bigger difference than tornado cannon,however the passive overmakes the demos:P
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    I changed my BigRig loadout last night to use missiles and won a match I know I would have lost had I used kinetic. Good call, fellas.

My new BigRig loadout:

- T4 missiles
    - T4 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 12%)
    - T3 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 10%)
    - T2 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 7%)
    - No Melee
    - Incendiary Rockets consumable

This loadout gives my BigRig 532.9 in damage, which is obviously substantial. The fact that I can shoot the missiles indefinitely without expending all the energy is huge and makes the BigRig so deadly. Of course, it's size and speed still make it relatively easy to kill, but that was true with kinetics as well.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    I thought about what you said in regards to having a melee tied down.... I did it and I feel all the more tough in my BigRig... Tier 4 Melee with Cap, Window, Reloading.

The energy base is the only reason I use missiles on it. On my Mantis with reloading mech, the energy runs dry for a while and I have to run around for it to regen, and take a bit of damage from the enemies for energy. 'Restoration'

Cool. Yea, as I implied before, the BR is one of the few vehicles that make me squirm when players play WITHOUT its melee. The BR is is meant to be tough as you said :) and when its melee is stripped, well its like stripping a man of his... :( A very sorry site indeed.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I changed my BigRig loadout last night to use missiles and won a match I know I would have lost had I used kinetic. Good call, fellas.

My new BigRig loadout:

- T4 missiles
    - T4 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 12%)
    - T3 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 10%)
    - T2 Loading Mechanism (rate of fire increased by 7%)
    - No Melee
    - Incendiary Rockets consumable

This loadout gives my BigRig 532.9 in damage, which is obviously substantial. The fact that I can shoot the missiles indefinitely without expending all the energy is huge and makes the BigRig so deadly. Of course, it's size and speed still make it relatively easy to kill, but that was true with kinetics as well.

That was crazy firepower you had last night Manta and with the incendiary missiles the pain just kept coming. Do us men a favor, Manta, and strap a melee on your BR will ya? Poor BR without its melee, I feel sorry for it. :p
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    That was crazy firepower you had last night Manta and with the incendiary missiles the pain just kept coming. Do us men a favor, Manta, and strap a melee on your BR will ya? Poor BR without its melee, I feel sorry for it. :p

No room for melee with that loadout. What do I do, put a T1 Loading Mechanism on it instead of a T2? Nah, my BigRig just happens to be a female, so no castration required. And, she's a beyotch to deal with.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    Yet when fighting in an all big rig challenge a T4 window, intake and loader give you lots of advantage over simpler setups. Combine this with incendiary consumables and you are set to go. The AA for the big rig is such an important timing aspect of this vehicle because if used unnecessarily you are vulnerable for quite a spell. If timed properly against other large vehicles it gives you a moment where you have the ability to hammer your opponent with your weapons after AA or thwart an attack on the charge.

I specifically mention larger vehicle because if smaller faster cars are in the mix then the potential of the BR is deminished greatly and can fall prey to hit and run tactics easily.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    No room for melee with that loadout. What do I do, put a T1 Loading Mechanism on it instead of a T2? Nah, my BigRig just happens to be a female, so no castration required. And, she's a beyotch to deal with.

Oh, well excuse meeeee Mrs. BigRig. Sorry to offend the madam. When I see you on the battlefield I will be sure to take you out first...ladies first!! :p
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Oh, well excuse meeeee Mrs. BigRig. Sorry to offend the madam. When I see you on the battlefield I will be sure to take you out first...ladies first!! :p

LOL. Age before beauty, sir.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    Cool. Yea, as I implied before, the BR is one of the few vehicles that make me squirm when players play WITHOUT its melee. The BR is is meant to be tough as you said :) and when its melee is stripped, well its like stripping a man of his... :( A very sorry site indeed.

I had forgotten just how terrible it is to try to move around at 20 or so in speed.... Window is definitely out, exhaust is in.