Options

Dozer Loadout & Observations

MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
Everyone I have talked to has a different loadout for their Dozer. It seems like no one is settled on what constitutes the best loadout on the Dozer and everyone has opinions on why their loadout is better. Let me put it this way --- it is tough to really screw up a Dozer loadout because the Dozer is so tough. If you're lucky enough to have a Dozer, then you know it can be frustrating to drive and there are some significant drawbacks, for sure. But all those frustrations and drawbacks disappear when you hear the scream of the active ability blade attack that just turned your opponent to dust in a quarter of a second.

I used to think my Dozer loadout was great until I played my first all-Dozer clan match with the good folks of S&A Co. My Dozer was turned to dust pretty fast. It went kind of like this: (1) Spawn; (2) get killed within 5 seconds; (3) repeat steps 1 & 2. To date, the toughest Dozer I have ever faced belongs to Careater. I don't know what is in his Dozer, but he is the Dozer master. Careater, if you read this, please feel free to share your Dozer loadout with the public. Pretty please? Lol.

So after that clan match, I changed my Dozer's loadout to the following, which I am pretty happy with:

- T4 Missiles
- T4 Exhaust (increase top speed by 4 MPH)
- T3 Exhaust (increase top speed by 3 MPH)
- T4 Intake (increase acceleration by 40%)
- NO Melee
- Heat-seeking rockets consumables

As you can see, I chose to go with speed for my Dozer because it was just way too slow. Before, I tried to increase its damage output or give it more armor, but I got chewed up and spit out by the faster Dozers out there. Since changing to this speed loadout, I have fared better in clan matches and am able to be an effective flag runner in out-of-clan matches. One of the great things about the Dozer is its intimidation factor. I've had numerous opponents quit when they see how quickly I disposed of an opponent with the blade attack. Plus, when they realize they can't run away from a fast Dozer, it gets rid of any fight they had left in them. It's actually kind of funny.

Anyway, this loadout gives my Dozer a speed of 25.7, which is damn fast for such a big vehicle. I felt that if you're going to be such a big target that can be hit easily by players who aren't very accurate with their weapons, I might as well make it fast to make it not such a sitting duck. At 4,680 armor, there is no need for additional windows. After all, adding a T4 window may only be giving the Dozer the ability to withstand 2-3 more missiles than it would have otherwise withstood. I would much rather give the Dozer the benefit of speed and better handling than the ability to take on a couple of more missiles.

The damage output of 425.5 per missile is more than enough to get rid of opponents quickly and efficiently, especially when you throw in the 500 damage from a blade attack that you're able to unleash once every 3 seconds. That's another area where speed on the Dozer will benefit you - the faster your Dozer is, the better able you will be to catch your opponent and gift them an additional 500 damage with your blade. To me, there is no need for additional damage when you have the benefit of the quickly-regenerating blade attack.

If you can master the maneuvering capabilities of the Dozer, then I think you will benefit more from increased speed than anything else.

Let me know why you think I'm wrong or what your Dozer has to make you think my loadout is not an optimal one. Unless you're Careater, that is - in which case I want an exact recitation of Careater's Dozer loadout! Happy hunting.
MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    As I said in another thread.

Exhaust
    Reloading
    Capacity

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Intake

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Exhaust

Hahahaha the third one is a scary one!
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    The dozer has been underwhelming for me as I get twisted and tweaked and seem to get killed faster than other dozers I've battled. I may just have to use it more often as it might be a skills problem. Use it or loose it. If I knew I was going to be on the beach the three exhausts can be fun but if you are on the smaller map or the train station the lack of acceleration can be excruciating.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    RudyBan wrote: »

Exhaust
    Reloading
    Capacity

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Intake

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Exhaust

Yes, Rudy. I have the second one but I agree, the exhaust-exhaust-exhaust loadout sounds scary and fun as hell to use.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Use it with impact cons as you ram with the AA... leaving the mangled chassis of your opponent flying through the air, only to fall and bounce on the floor, burning.
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

• Options
    POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts

Exhaust
    Reloading
    Capacity

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Intake

Or

Exhaust
    Exhaust
    Exhaust

that's the one I use...(the third one)
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • Options
    007crad007crad Registered Users 16 Posts
    Manta here's the last game from wednesday night. Lol sorry Manta I don't know how to add a picture. Can somebody please explain to me how to add a picture on this forum?
  • Options
    Yeah, try uploading it to another site, and taking the uniform resource locator (URL) and pasting it in your message. I don't like the pasteboard foundation that Glu uses here. Phorum is better for sharing attachments.

• Options
    POLEREX_11 wrote: »
    that's the one I use...(the third one)

Hmmm. I'm not buying it. If you use the third one, how do you have a T3 Melee equipped??

• Options
    Hmmm. I'm not buying it. If you use the third one, how do you have a T3 Melee equipped??
    Good catch Rudy, Poler is so noncommittal when talking about his loads.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Good catch Rudy, Poler is so noncommittal when talking about his loads.

LOL. Come clean, POLER.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    007crad wrote: »
    Manta here's the last game from wednesday night. Lol sorry Manta I don't know how to add a picture. Can somebody please explain to me how to add a picture on this forum?
    Photobucket is what I use, very easy to learn. If you are taking a picture from your ipad you would go to the app, in this case photobucket. There is an up arrow in the top right side of the app after you click on your album. Click on that up arrow and you are given the option of taking a picture or uploading from source (ipad). After you upload your picture select it by clicking you now have options in the same top right corner, choose the chain link symbol. You have several choices I typically use the IMG code and copy then paste into the dialogue box for indestructible forum or other forum.

Sounds convoluted but it's not that hard. Others feel free to chime in if you have a better solution.

PS there here is a caveat with any of these services, once you delete from the app/service the photo is no longer available in the posts.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    I use photobucket too. And here is that last game, Crad, where you disappeared to me - that game was so strange and it likely would have felt epic to me if not for the absence of Crad to only me (everyone else could see my teammate, 007Crad, but I could not):

[IMG][/img]image_zpsc6a88404.jpg
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    That looked like a fun game, what was the challenge and cars?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    It was a Capture the Flag on the Airplane Crash board with all Shooters. It was really fun, and it was me and Crad against Smitty and Frenzy. Smitty actually had 7 kills and Frenzy had 8 kills and Crad was a 9 and 9. But as you can see, it glitched out on me and I couldn't see Crad. It made the game really weird to me but it was a good game. I think my strategy would have changed had I been sure where Crad was the entire time.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    The airplane crash is where I have had the most fun and longest games imaginable. This map allows either team provided both aren't killed precisely at the same time to regroup and attack. So much fun in such a small place, shame we couldn't pick the maps ourselves.

Back to Dozer talk, today I set up my dozer for some speed and missile and encountered and shooter mg and demo mg and lost 5 to 4, I was by myself. What I failed to understand is how easily with two MGs could decimate me as quickly as they did. They chased me down and ran me into the ground lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    I find it easier to upload them to my FB. And then take the "View Full Size" link from the Safari mobile site and pasting it on the boards, as I don't have a Photobucket. There's no access to my profile from the photo, it just shows the raw file in a new tab/page.

• Options
    Well... The last I saw him (POLEREX11), he had Tier 3 Melee. Says his Dozer is "At it's finest"

• Options
    Yeah repast time we dozered he was pretty strong whatever his load out.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Counter it. Run circles around him.

• Options
    His dozer is much faster and quicker than mine, when in mid turn he's already bearing down on me, I can't recover quick enough.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    His dozer is much faster and quicker than mine, when in mid turn he's already bearing down on me, I can't recover quick enough.

Maybe using Intake and Exhaust

• Options
    Thx guys I think I got it, ok Manta hers that photo and I don't know how we lost that game I had the flag it must have just fallen off I didn't get killed, it was there and then it wasn't .fb2a5bf375175538665d4d15a687a935_zps6aff0b24.jpg
  • Options
    Dapper wzup, friend me on Game Center, I went to accept your request and hit ignore by mistake, sorry. gc is 007crad
  • Options
    That's funny Crad. As you could see by the picture from my screen, I saw things totally different and you weren't even listed as a player at the end and I couldn't see what you were typing at the end. I hate that glitch. It also happened again last night.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    MantaRay wrote: »
    Everyone I have talked to has a different loadout for their Dozer. It seems like no one is settled on what constitutes the best loadout on the Dozer and everyone has opinions on why their loadout is better. Let me put it this way --- it is tough to really screw up a Dozer loadout because the Dozer is so tough. If you're lucky enough to have a Dozer, then you know it can be frustrating to drive and there are some significant drawbacks, for sure. But all those frustrations and drawbacks disappear when you hear the scream of the active ability blade attack that just turned your opponent to dust in a quarter of a second.

I used to think my Dozer loadout was great until I played my first all-Dozer clan match with the good folks of S&A Co. My Dozer was turned to dust pretty fast. It went kind of like this: (1) Spawn; (2) get killed within 5 seconds; (3) repeat steps 1 & 2. To date, the toughest Dozer I have ever faced belongs to Careater. I don't know what is in his Dozer, but he is the Dozer master. Careater, if you read this, please feel free to share your Dozer loadout with the public. Pretty please? Lol.

So after that clan match, I changed my Dozer's loadout to the following, which I am pretty happy with:

- T4 Missiles
    - T4 Exhaust (increase top speed by 4 MPH)
    - T3 Exhaust (increase top speed by 3 MPH)
    - T4 Intake (increase acceleration by 40%)
    - NO Melee
    - Heat-seeking rockets consumables

As you can see, I chose to go with speed for my Dozer because it was just way too slow. Before, I tried to increase its damage output or give it more armor, but I got chewed up and spit out by the faster Dozers out there. Since changing to this speed loadout, I have fared better in clan matches and am able to be an effective flag runner in out-of-clan matches. One of the great things about the Dozer is its intimidation factor. I've had numerous opponents quit when they see how quickly I disposed of an opponent with the blade attack. Plus, when they realize they can't run away from a fast Dozer, it gets rid of any fight they had left in them. It's actually kind of funny.

Anyway, this loadout gives my Dozer a speed of 25.7, which is damn fast for such a big vehicle. I felt that if you're going to be such a big target that can be hit easily by players who aren't very accurate with their weapons, I might as well make it fast to make it not such a sitting duck. At 4,680 armor, there is no need for additional windows. After all, adding a T4 window may only be giving the Dozer the ability to withstand 2-3 more missiles than it would have otherwise withstood. I would much rather give the Dozer the benefit of speed and better handling than the ability to take on a couple of more missiles.

The damage output of 425.5 per missile is more than enough to get rid of opponents quickly and efficiently, especially when you throw in the 500 damage from a blade attack that you're able to unleash once every 3 seconds. That's another area where speed on the Dozer will benefit you - the faster your Dozer is, the better able you will be to catch your opponent and gift them an additional 500 damage with your blade. To me, there is no need for additional damage when you have the benefit of the quickly-regenerating blade attack.

If you can master the maneuvering capabilities of the Dozer, then I think you will benefit more from increased speed than anything else.

Let me know why you think I'm wrong or what your Dozer has to make you think my loadout is not an optimal one. Unless you're Careater, that is - in which case I want an exact recitation of Careater's Dozer loadout! Happy hunting.

I agree, Careater wins the prize for the most beastly Dozer I have encountered
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Options
    I use photobucket too. And here is that last game, Crad, where you disappeared to me - that game was so strange and it likely would have felt epic to me if not for the absence of Crad to only me (everyone else could see my teammate, 007Crad, but I could not):

[IMG][/img]image_zpsc6a88404.jpg

I can understand Manta why this game was a bit confusing for you but considering the situation you fought well. From my end, given that the match had no glitches is why I called it epic because the real kills to deaths for everyone on the rest of our screens indicated that we were all very close and everyone was scrapping for the win in the end. These are the ones I enjoy the most.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    After reading everyone's load out specs for the Dozer, I have come to the conclusion that my Dozer needs rehab. My Dozer right now is a little bunny rabbit compared to some of yours. I will have to consider all of your input and make the necessary changes to make it the beast it deserves to be.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    After reading everyone's load out specs for the Dozer, I have come to the conclusion that my Dozer needs rehab. My Dozer right now is a little bunny rabbit compared to some of yours. I will have to consider all of your input and make the necessary changes to make it the beast it deserves to be.

Your Dozer is like this little bunny rabbit, cowering in the corner, and all our Dozers have these big claws and teeth and we're staring at our claws and thinking to ourselves, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny? How am I supposed to kill this bunny?" And we're not hurting your Dozer, we're just kind of poking at it and gently batting the bunny around. And the bunny is scared, man. It's scared of the other Dozers and the other Dozers have these big claws and fangs . . . .

That was for any Swingers (the movie) fans out there.

Good stuff there, Frenzy.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Your Dozer is like this little bunny rabbit, cowering in the corner, and all our Dozers have these big claws and teeth and we're staring at our claws and thinking to ourselves, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny? How am I supposed to kill this bunny?" And we're not hurting your Dozer, we're just kind of poking at it and gently batting the bunny around. And the bunny is scared, man. It's scared of the other Dozers and the other Dozers have these big claws and fangs . . . .

That was for any Swingers (the movie) fans out there.

Good stuff there, Frenzy.

...and then the bunny lifted up its strong, glorious, furry ears and suddenly it became this terrifyingly ferocious ummmm buck and he looked at the Dozers with the big claws and teeth and he said to them, "Shyt, I'm screwed." And the buck was scared man, really scared like shaking...
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    The rise of the bunny dozers so fierce and powerful making grown men cower in the shadows........
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!