Options

Ghost Loadout and Observations

MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
Have you ever heard a mosquito buzzing your ear after the lights have gone off? You swat at it, but it keeps coming back. Then, you turn on the lights and look for it, but can't find it so you turn the lights back off and go back to bed. Then, sooner or later, you hear it again. Yep, that just about describes the Ghost perfectly. I love it's name, I love it's maneuverability, I love it's stealth active avility but I HATE how it flops like a fish against missiles and gets pushed around by strong kinetics.

Here is my current Ghost loadout:

- Flamethrower
- T4 Window
- T4 Resonator (30% longer burn)
- T3 Resonator (20% longer burn)
- No melee
- High-Temperature Laser consumable (40% more burn damage)

In other words, to quote Frenzy, "burn, baby, burn." This loadout gives my Ghost 1,364.7 burn damage. In other words, all my Ghost has to do is touch a vehicle with fire 3 times, and it's done 4,094 worth of damage. That's almost as much armor as the Dozer has.

Of course, as is true with all the other vehicles, the Ghost has a bugaboo - that being it's susceptability to kinetic damage and most of all, high-impact missiles. Get caught once (read it again - ONE TIME) by one of these missiles from even just a below-average player, and it's lights out for the Ghost. So, as you can imagine, it's a high-risk game of cat and mouse for the Ghost with this loadout. I could change its loadout to missiles so at least I could be firing at the vehicle making my Ghost flop like a fish out of water, but I much prefer "burn, baby, burn." Played correctly, the Ghost can be almost unbeatable in a game of Capture the Flag. And, if you play individual death match, all you have to do is race around the board, moving in and out of invisibility and setting fire to anything that moves. It's a dastardly way to win a death match and ensure to enrage opponents wondering how that little Ghost racked up 5 kills in 12.2 seconds.

The key tactic with this Ghost that must be mastered in order to maximize the potential of this loadout is, simply, NOT to get hit. That means not only making the correct maneuvering decisions on the battlefield, but knowing where every single rock or hump is on the landscape that could put you airborne and at the mercy of the deadly Ghost-killing missiles. Also, contrary to the philosophy of the aggressive player, it means sticking and moving. That means, don't set fire to a dangerous opponent unless your Ghost is ready to go invisible. If you fight someone soon after going visible, then your active ability needs to reload and in that few seconds, you will not be able to use the one thing that can save your Ghost from annihilation.

I previously tried to equip the Ghost with more speed and/or acceleration, but those only seemed to make the Ghost more likely to spin out, which can be a death sentence for this car. Also, because its passive ability is repair, you don't need to waste a wrench on this car. Armor is a possibility, but I chose destruction. Normally, all I have to do is light a retro, punisher, ghost and mantis one time, then disappear and let it die. Just one light. Also, this works great on demolishers if you can light them and then get away to let them burn so they cannot hit you and heal. Really, my loadout is awesome for Capture the Flag and Individual Death Matches, but only pretty good for Team Death Matches and mediocre for Recover the Charge.

Let me know what alternatives there are to the "burn, baby, burn" philosophy. Fire away!
MantaRay [S&A Co.™]

Comments

• Options
    MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    This is what I have to say about your load out...burn, baby burn. Getting hit with that flamethrower and those resonators is extreme incineration for those in its path. I like it, I like it a
    lot!

It can be called burn, baby burn when applied to heavy vehicles with lots of armor on them like the Dozer, BigRig, Pummeler, etc. because it takes a bit for the fire to do its job.

For little pesky cars, like the Mantis, other Ghosts (not yours of course), Punishers, Shooters, etc. I think we should officially call this Ghost set up "Live and Let Die" to honor all those Guns n' Roses fans out there. Here is to you Axl, I miss you bro! One second they live and the next they are no more. For players who use this Ghost set up after hitting cars with the fire, you may as well just go to a corner of the game and take a snooze until they blow up.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    This is what I have to say about your load out...burn, baby burn. Getting hit with that flamethrower and those resonators is extreme incineration for those in its path. I like it, I like it a
    lot!

It can be called burn, baby burn when applied to heavy vehicles with lots of armor on them like the Dozer, BigRig, Pummeler, etc. because it takes a bit for the fire to do its job.

For little pesky cars, like the Mantis, other Ghosts (not yours of course), Punishers, Shooters, etc. I think we should officially call this Ghost set up "Live and Let Die" to honor all those Guns n' Roses fans out there. Here is to you Axl, I miss you bro! One second they live and the next they are no more. For players who use this Ghost set up after hitting cars with the fire, you may as well just go to a corner of the game and take a snooze until they blow up.

LOL. Welcome to the Jungle, Mr. Mantis.

Ready! Aim! Burn, baby burn!

:p
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    This is the same load out I use with my ghost and really like it yet, yes I said yet, there are quite a few times I actually run into people spray them with fire and they drive off unscathed. Not sure if this is a glitch but it happens frequently enough to bother me.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    This is the same load out I use with my ghost and really like it yet, yes I said yet, there are quite a few times I actually run into people spray them with fire and they drive off unscathed. Not sure if this is a glitch but it happens frequently enough to bother me.

Yeah, I hear that. I've found the best way to successfully engage in pugilistic arson (Indestructible style) is to spread the fire in the opposite direction that you're moving. Your momentum plus the expulsion of the flame makes for a much longer flame trail than if you project the flame in front of you. I even do that (shoot the flames behind me) when I see someone coming at me head on. Instead of shooting the flame in front of me, I will shoot it behind me at a slight angle, knowing that once the opponent whizzes by me, they will have to travel through a good 20 meters of fire. That usually works to light their wick, so to speak.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    One strategy that I forgot to mention is that always be aware that when the Ghost is invisible, be aware that your opponent can still see your "arrow" if you are off the screen of your opponent. That means that your opponent can still know where you are and can still accurately fire at you. That is especially troubling when your opponent is equipped with kinetic weapons. So, with that knowledge, it behooves you to stay in your opponents' screen once you use your invisibility (unless, of course, you have to urgently attend to matters elsewhere). Then, when you are about to turn visible again (you can see the timer in the upper left-hand portion of the screen), if your goal is to get away from your opponent, make your way in the opposite direction that your opponent is traveling so that when you turn back to being visible you will have momentum and your opponent will have to turn around to pursue.

If, however, you don't want to evade your opponent, then make sure that right before you turn visible you are in a position to burn, baby burn. Make sure you do it with one second because if you turn visible before you shoot the fire, your opponent could take evasive maneuvers and evade you, thereby avoiding your flames and all the while shooting at you too.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    No evading here heh heh heh, I like to go at it with fire I'm just perturbed when I'm obviously burning someone and they are not catching the heat.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    Axl = big N.W.A fan.... Off topic off topic ah

Anyway, I find that Tier 4 Missiles, Capacity, Window, and Reloading Mechanism work best. The PA acts as a wrench, making it a good car to hit and run with. But don't fire from afar the entire time, or they'll come-a-chasin'

The load out you guys were talking about is one of fau's signature configs, along with the Evil Demolisher with T3 Melee (looks really mean!)
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • Options
    MantaRay wrote: »
    LOL. Welcome to the Jungle, Mr. Mantis.

Ready! Aim! Burn, baby burn!

:p

Lol, Welcome to the Jungle...:D
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    No evading here heh heh heh, I like to go at it with fire I'm just perturbed when I'm obviously burning someone and they are not catching the heat.

Dapper, that has happened to me too and it bugs the _____ out of me when that happens, I mean NOT happens.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    One strategy that I forgot to mention is that always be aware that when the Ghost is invisible, be aware that your opponent can still see your "arrow" if you are off the screen of your opponent. That means that your opponent can still know where you are and can still accurately fire at you. That is especially troubling when your opponent is equipped with kinetic weapons. So, with that knowledge, it behooves you to stay in your opponents' screen once you use your invisibility (unless, of course, you have to urgently attend to matters elsewhere). Then, when you are about to turn visible again (you can see the timer in the upper left-hand portion of the screen), if your goal is to get away from your opponent, make your way in the opposite direction that your opponent is traveling so that when you turn back to being visible you will have momentum and your opponent will have to turn around to pursue.

If, however, you don't want to evade your opponent, then make sure that right before you turn visible you are in a position to burn, baby burn. Make sure you do it with one second because if you turn visible before you shoot the fire, your opponent could take evasive maneuvers and evade you, thereby avoiding your flames and all the while shooting at you too.

Great advice Manta. For any new players reading this, this is important an important tip. Manta, if you would like, feel free to add this to my thread I made awhile ago entitled: TIPS to help you WIN. Have not been there lately but I feel that if you posted this info there it would help a lot of new players.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    ViosRViosR Registered Users 17 Posts
    no punisher loadout ? :)
  • Options
    ViosR wrote: »
    Welcome there ViosR you are more than welcome to start that thread if you'd like and everyone else will chime in with their personal bests. :cool:
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    ViosR wrote: »

I was going to do a Punisher loadout tomorrow, but if anyone else has any suggestions, by all means . . .
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Go for it, I really enjoy your in depth write ups.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Go for it, I really enjoy your in depth write ups.

Thanks Dapper. I could talk about this stuff all day long.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    I just use missles:P and don't forget I pack a punch in every missle,since I put only reloading things:P
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • Options
    POLEREX_11 wrote: »
    I just use missles:P and don't forget I pack a punch in every missle,since I put only reloading things:P

No extra speed components on your Ghost, POLEREX?
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    No extra speed components on your Ghost, POLEREX?

used to,till I find that everyone still hits me:P
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER