Crippled

GrowlrrGrowlrr Registered Users 29 Posts
Recently (10/15/13) I've experienced a bug that makes it nearly impossible to play a tense match. When I drive, it will occasionally "reset" the v-stick controls, as if I had just spawned. This is especially troublesome for fast cars, stopping them in their tracks and allowing me to be killed as the opponent catches up while I try to regain control. That, coupled with bouts of unusual lag, makes the game unplayable. And even after I (with much difficulty) win matches, the game crashes and sometimes does not even register the winnings. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, as I noticed another player called "Wrun" or something using a default BigRig (first w/ T4 kinetic, then with T4 missles) also exhibiting the stuttering in several games.

Comments

• MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    Damn, that doesn't sound good. I have not experienced that issue, but I have had more bugs than usual while playing. It is a disturbing trend but hopefully only a temporary one. Let us know if that issue gets resolved.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    I think there is something definitely amiss as indestructible has been having its share of trouble. I would suggest IOS users update to the latest version and also consider port forwarding within their routers if you are behind a firewall. Will this fix all the problems, no it will not yet I now experience less problems since doing both of these ? Fixes?

One last thing that has helped (game reset) even though I don't think I should have to and would like GLU to update this game.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    The split second in which this happens can mean the end of the match for you.
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • KillerSanKillerSan Registered Users 40 Posts
    i'm also experiencing a lot of boring bugs. I'm having many connection issues during the game, making me change my server configuration constantly. If that's not enough...

- My game is crashing;
    - Sometimes the controls are failing
    - Kills and deaths counter does not work as expected

Is anyone else having these problems?
    My Game Center name: Dr. Koth
    Add me ;)
    Yes we are all in the same boat. We need to be running the same software etc etc. anything else that's helps would be great to hear about from others.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    I got pushed by a Dozer completely off the board on the island map in a game of capture the flag tonight. The thing is, I didn't die - I just kept on falling into oblivion. It sucks because I had the flag and the game was then effectively ended for me. I waited to see if I could drive back on to the board, but to no avail.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    Wow MantaRay that's one I've never encountered, to have flag and be off the map and still live. These bugs are getting more bizarre with each passing day. Haven't had anyone respond to the IOS thread so I am wondering if differences between devices version do software could be the cause for some of the problems.

Consider also that indestructible has not had a bug patch since IOS 7 was released, there could be issues with the OS and the game. My head is spinning!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Wow MantaRay that's one I've never encountered, to have flag and be off the map and still live. These bugs are getting more bizarre with each passing day. Haven't had anyone respond to the IOS thread so I am wondering if differences between devices version do software could be the cause for some of the problems.

Consider also that indestructible has not had a bug patch since IOS 7 was released, there could be issues with the OS and the game. My head is spinning!

i don't think differences between system version could be the problem... We also play with Android users, with various different versions, and that never was a problem. Why the game is with problems just now?
    Add me ;)
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    KillerSan wrote: »
    i don't think differences between system version could be the problem... We also play with Android users, with various different versions, and that never was a problem. Why the game is with problems just now?

Killersan, I would try doing a reset on your device by holding the on/off button until you it asks if you want to reset. Then select that. Then you will see the white apple for a few seconds. Then it will shut off by itself. Then turn it on again. It will not erase the game. I had some recent issues with the game crashing multiple times in the middle of the game which never used to happen to me. However, it has not happened lately. After I did the rest it STOPPED. It that a coincidence or did it actually help. I believe that is what made the difference. If you have lots pictures, videos and games on your device it takes up lots of memory and I feel that the it can affect the game, just my .02. Hope this helps.

Manta, I had the perpetual falling through the floor thing happen to me too. It was annoying but has stopped thankfully
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
    Growlrr wrote: »
    Recently (10/15/13) I've experienced a bug that makes it nearly impossible to play a tense match. When I drive, it will occasionally "reset" the v-stick controls, as if I had just spawned. This is especially troublesome for fast cars, stopping them in their tracks and allowing me to be killed as the opponent catches up while I try to regain control. That, coupled with bouts of unusual lag, makes the game unplayable. And even after I (with much difficulty) win matches, the game crashes and sometimes does not even register the winnings. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, as I noticed another player called "Wrun" or something using a default BigRig (first w/ T4 kinetic, then with T4 missles) also exhibiting the stuttering in several games.

Try doing a reset on your device by holding the on/off button until you it asks if you want to reset. Then select that. Then you will see the white apple for a few seconds. Then it will shut off by itself. Then turn it on again. It will not erase the game. The game may be affected because your device has too much "background" processing all at the same time. I had some recent issues with the game crashing multiple times in the middle of the game which never used to happen to me. However, it has not happened lately. After I did the rest it STOPPED.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    KillerSan wrote: »
    i'm also experiencing a lot of boring bugs. I'm having many connection issues during the game, making me change my server configuration constantly. If that's not enough...

- My game is crashing;
    - Sometimes the controls are failing
    - Kills and deaths counter does not work as expected

Is anyone else having these problems?
    Cold you please tell me which version of software you are using IOS or android, which device are you using samsung xxx Apple xxx Is this single player games, multiplayer games etc.

PS already have you in gamecenter although when we are playing (typically 6pm EST) I usually do not see you actively playing. I do play in mornings as well so I will look to add you into games at that time.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Mike wrote: »
    Try doing a reset on your device by holding the on/off button until you it asks if you want to reset. Then select that. Then you will see the white apple for a few seconds. Then it will shut off by itself. Then turn it on again. It will not erase the game. The game may be affected because your device has too much "background" processing all at the same time. I had some recent issues with the game crashing multiple times in the middle of the game which never used to happen to me. However, it has not happened lately. After I did the rest it STOPPED.

Frenzy I agree with your course of actions and have had to do this occasionally at night to resume our clan matches. I leave this as a last resort because I have to wait for restart which is minutes of wasted play. :mad:
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I just love the way Glu employees reading this thread are just scrambling to help us (the customers) with these glitches and offer us some advice to fix it. The silence is deafening!!!!!!! :mad:
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    erm did you try beating them with a big vehicle like the dozer or shooter?those are the master cars:Poh yeah and ghost
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    It's all because of the servers. Not exactly high end...
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

RudyBan wrote: »
    It's all because of the servers. Not exactly high end...

That makes sense as the servers are the one commonality we all share. Still think we all need to be on the same OS or latest version software and any other thing that we can think of to make this better/smoother.

By the way since allowing port forwarding behind my firewall the connect times have improved as well as actual connect to match.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Mike wrote: »
    I just love the way Glu employees reading this thread are just scrambling to help us (the customers) with these glitches and offer us some advice to fix it. The silence is deafening!!!!!!! :mad:
    Frenzy, just noticed in customer care section that Glamazon is still here and is answering some of the posts, this is actually good news. Unfortunately most of her replies are for players to submit a trouble ticket to GLU so they may track. Not sure how well that process works but it may be our only avenue regarding the troubles we all have been experiencing lately. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?1699-How-to-create-a-ticket
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • GrowlrrGrowlrr Registered Users 29 Posts
    I backed up and reset the game, & it seems to have fixed itself. I need to find a quicker way because I don't want to have to back up my data daily.
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Cold you please tell me which version of software you are using IOS or android, which device are you using samsung xxx Apple xxx Is this single player games, multiplayer games etc.

PS already have you in gamecenter although when we are playing (typically 6pm EST) I usually do not see you actively playing. I do play in mornings as well so I will look to add you into games at that time.

I own an iPad 3, running iOS 6.1.2 ... I know that this version is old, but my device is jailbroken and I don't want to lose jailbreak. I don't have hacks or cracked apps... I only use tweaks like Colored Knob, and Cydia apps like GBA.emu

Oh, by the way, I play at 7 ~ 12 PM EST. But I don't play everyday.
    Add me ;)
  • Ace1997Ace1997 Registered Users 14 Posts
    That seems to happen to me only when the amount of sweat on my fingers build up :O
    Ace1997 wrote: »
    That seems to happen to me only when the amount of sweat on my fingers build up :O

I stop moving sometimes when I'm using my LifeProof case. Not fond.