New maps!

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
One of the best features of indestructible is the maps that the game is played.

I would suggest a tweak to the open land map which would include a dry riverbed where water would flow sometimes thereby slowing the action similar to the trains in train station.

I would also like to see a ramp or two that might allow the quicker vehicles some acrobatics to enhance their gameplay.

Because this is the largest route/map lets add some mines that are never in the same place twice.

Anything you want, let's hear what you have to say?
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    New map called swampland. This is an area that is slippery and bogs down all vehicles. There are small sections that are dry that allow for faster gameplay and maneuverability yet no one is able to get from one base to another without encountering the bogs. This is not got the faint of heart and larger vehicles could be at a disadvantage especially if they choose to stand still while in any of the larger bogs.

This would be a great map for tdm, dm, rtc and ctf gameplay would be off the hook as you would no doubt encounter a few shanties along the way that get in the way of your shooting blindly at your opponents. These shanty wouldn't simply go away after being hit as they are part of the obstacle and spectacle of the swamp. If you have ever been in swamp you know that the shanties are owned or at least operated by people that like their privacy. Get too close to the shanty and you will be fighting more than just your opponent.

Hard to steer in places:eek:
    Hard to keep from sinking in places:cool:
    Obstacles in your way:(
    True swamps have trees did I mention there trees:mad:
    Stay away from dem shanty lol. ;)
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    The Mayan ruins is a place where coordination and patience pay off with big benefits, staying alive and winning.
    The Mayan fortresses were built long before mechanization and are in a state of ruin and now war has come to a once desolate jungle setting. Gameplay directly involves the ruins and the jungle, if you choose to stay out in the open you can go fast if you choose the jungle you will be slowed down but how many will follow you as both you and your opponents are perplexed taking heavy equipment through thick and thin over growth. You could always duck into one of three crumbling fortresses each have four openings you enter one and can exit any of the other three momentarily your opponent is blinded to your where about s and can only guess which entrance you will exit. Even if he or she follows you they will not know where you are going, will it be a crazy Ivan?

Gameplay would be extraordinary and would push players skills to the max as even the newest player could perplex the seasoned master.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Well the update doesn't have any new maps wah!

So I guess in the meantime I will have to use my imagination and live in the world of make believe.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ripped from the headlines, the battle has moved to the desert sands where the fighting is more intense than the heat.

The shifting sands are your enemy as traveling through the desert is perilous. Your speed is slowed as you climb the dunes watching out for funnels that can and will change your direction. Keeping up your speed will help as race for the safety of your base where sand is not a problem. The desert also has an oasis to rest and refuel or lie in wait for your enemies. One of the reasons for the fight in the desert is the oil reserves. There is so much oil it occasionally bubbles up to the surface. Take care and avoid this because it ignites when you drive into it and can destroy your rig. The oil can also be used strategically if you plan your route carefully.

The new map will also add new components for the vehicles such as paddle wheels and tractor treads.

PS if you never played on the beach or the sand dunes in your car or truck you don't know hat your missing.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Ripped from the headlines, the battle has moved to the desert sands where the fighting is more intense than the heat.

The shifting sands are your enemy as traveling through the desert is perilous. Your speed is slowed as you climb the dunes watching out for funnels that can and will change your direction. Keeping up your speed will help as race for the safety of your base where sand is not a problem. The desert also has an oasis to rest and refuel or lie in wait for your enemies. One of the reasons for the fight in the desert is the oil reserves. There is so much oil it occasionally bubbles up to the surface. Take care and avoid this because it ignites when you drive into it and can destroy your rig. The oil can also be used strategically if you plan your route carefully.

The new map will also add new components for the vehicles such as paddle wheels and tractor treads.

PS if you never played on the beach or the sand dunes in your car or truck you don't know hat your missing.

Sign me up for this map buddy! I would imagine Glu could make this a visually stunning map as well as provide the traps, pitfalls, quick sand, sand storms, oil slicks (that would make us lose control) and oil wells that would ignite as you mentioned, to make this into one heck of a stellar landscape IF THEY WANTED TO. I have to admit, as you did, that I am, disappointed that there were no new maps. Ddannen, how could this happen to us and the fans when we are constantly asking for more? Quite a buzzkill! :(
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
    Mike wrote: »
    Sign me up for this map buddy! I would imagine Glu could make this a visually stunning map as well as provide the traps, pitfalls, quick sand, sand storms, oil slicks (that would make us lose control) and oil wells that would ignite as you mentioned, to make this into one heck of a stellar landscape IF THEY WANTED TO. I have to admit, as you did, that I am, disappointed that there were no new maps. Ddannen, how could this happen to us and the fans when we are constantly asking for more? Quite a buzzkill! :(

I agree on the buzzkill for sure yet I firmly believe that the traffic we drum up is like a beating drum to GLU. We need to get this forum rocking! If you look at the number of posts indestructible is one of the leaders in post and threads just trailing behind the newest games. As players we unfortunately have to open GLU eyes to the possibility of making more money, that is the key. If the indestructible forum continues to grow GLU will take notice, it's all about the money.

PS really like the idea about the sand storm, similar in design to the train, something to mix up game play.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I agree on the buzzkill for sure yet I firmly believe that the traffic we drum up is like a beating drum to GLU. We need to get this forum rocking! If you look at the number of posts indestructible is one of the leaders in post and threads just trailing behind the newest games. As players we unfortunately have to open GLU eyes to the possibility of making more money, that is the key. If the indestructible forum continues to grow GLU will take notice, it's all about the money.

PS really like the idea about the sand storm, similar in design to the train, something to mix up game play.

Yes, we have to keep at it in a most gracious and kind way as we have been doing. It will be hard to ignore our call for more. This actually is a very big compliment to Glu which I hope they appreciate. They have a good thing going in this game.

Yes, that was my point before, that INDESTRUCTIBLE is one of the leaders in posts and threads and should be treated by Glu as a higher priority than some of its other games.

Yes, money is where it is at and that is fine. I think Glu should be compensated by us players for their hard work. Paying for things is what makes the world go round. I think as long as they continue to put in the hard work and creativity e in making new vehicles, new maps, weapons, modes and improving online competition for this game, the fans will keep on coming back for more!

Thanks, I am glad you like the sand storm idea and I think it would create an extra twists for the game as the train does. If they make new maps they should definitely make it interactive like the train map or with this sand storm. It generates more strategy and interest for the game.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Ok so I'm gonna take a cue from angry birds and propose a new map "Luna Landing".

The map will take place on the barren moonscape where you become a victim of gravity so speed can make you a victim. If you in your mantis hit a bump going too fast you may be ejected into outer space and the big rigs active ability becomes a tool to be reckoned with! You can and will encounter a crater and will need to navigate carefully because most of the vehicles were not made for the moons lack of oxygen and gravity. Wow did I say lack of oxygen, that takes care of the flame thrower at least out side the bases ;-). The heavy vehicles may have a slight advantage yet if careful the lighter vehicles can still run circle around them. The dynamics of slight gravity will cause all players to be off their game which will shake things up. Bullets and anything that causes rebound or knocking back opponents becomes important. The moons atmosphere lacks just that an atmosphere so the surface of the moon is subject to asteroid collisions more frequently and they don't care where they hit so everyone needs to be aware. An asteroid impact could destroy everything in its path or just knock you to the far side of the moon ;-). Do you dare to venture to the moon?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ok so I'm gonna take a cue from angry birds and propose a new map "Luna Landing".

The map will take place on the barren moonscape where you become a victim of gravity so speed can make you a victim. If you in your mantis hit a bump going too fast you may be ejected into outer space and the big rigs active ability becomes a tool to be reckoned with! You can and will encounter a crater and will need to navigate carefully because most of the vehicles were not made for the moons lack of oxygen and gravity. Wow did I say lack of oxygen, that takes care of the flame thrower at least out side the bases ;-). The heavy vehicles may have a slight advantage yet if careful the lighter vehicles can still run circle around them. The dynamics of slight gravity will cause all players to be off their game which will shake things up. Bullets and anything that causes rebound or knocking back opponents becomes important. The moons atmosphere lacks just that an atmosphere so the surface of the moon is subject to asteroid collisions more frequently and they don't care where they hit so everyone needs to be aware. An asteroid impact could destroy everything in its path or just knock you to the far side of the moon ;-). Do you dare to venture to the moon?

I give you an A for creativity on this one but I don't think I will be venturing to the moon anytime soon. I think the planet Earth maps you suggested before are more practical for our land-based vehicles. Lol!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Who knows what lurks in the hearts of GLU designers and programmers, maybe they are looking for a challenge. I just want to be able to give them lots of new ideas that may cause them to "want" to improve this marvelous game. I think low gravity dynamics could be awesome especially for vehicles that now rely on their girth.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Who knows what lurks in the hearts of GLU designers and programmers, maybe they are looking for a challenge. I just want to be able to give them lots of new ideas that may cause them to "want" to improve this marvelous game. I think low gravity dynamics could be awesome especially for vehicles that now rely on their girth.

True. In retrospect, I think the Luna Landing map could be quite interesting.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    For those that are new to this forum I would hope you would take discussions like new maps as a credible source for GLU developers and programmers to look at and and possibly incorporate into future updates or even a new game iteration. So please consider commenting and thinking what you may like in future games and posting them here in the forum. I am happy that the moderators frequently join our conversations and know if they see something interesting it will be passed on to the next logical person. Thanks for reading!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    All,
    We started this thread tongue and cheek in hopes that the GLU admin would realize the need and desire by people to spend money and time if GLU were to do the same.

If anyone has a new map idea please post so we can share this with the company that "will" update indestructible sometime soon provided they see the activity and interest in the game not wane.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    HOOVER DAM

Drive along the curvy yet treacherous HOOVER DAM to get to the other side of the map. While there are mulitiple ways to get from one side of the map to the other including a bridge, going on the Hoover Dam itself is stunningly beautiful and allows you faster entry and exit to opponent bases to steal charges and flags. Or if you are in the mood use your vehicle to steer your opponent off the dam into the aquatic abyss below to gain a point in the Team Death Match or Death Match modes, getting you even closer to victory.

Beware, because if you are down below on the ground next to the dam while engaging in battle make sure not to hit the dam with your rockets or machine gun more than 3 or 4 times as this may lead to braking the dam and washing everyone away causing a death to each player. Of course, there will be some warning signs before this happens such as progressive cracks in the dam before it burst. There will also be a little ledge at the bottom of the map where vehicles can go quickly go and be free of the bursting dam. By spraying the dam with bullets or rockets, this could be the strategy the little vehicles (Punisher, Mantis) need to wreak havoc and quickly even up the playing field against the bigger behemoths such as the Big Rig or Dozer as it will wash them away similar to how the train hits a vehicle and runs it off the map. Sorry lasers and fire don't do any damage to the steel and cement dam wall.

I envision this map to be stunningly beautiful and I have no doubt that if the Glu designers chose to, they could make this or some of the other maps into artistic masterpieces for us. I have attched some links to the some of the pictures I could see them making for this HOOVER DAM map...

http://img.wedoitallvegas.com/articles/hooverdam.jpg
    http://rmltman.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hoover-bridge-bypass-view-aerial-nv-tower-2009.jpg
    http://www.hdrinc.com/sites/all/files/content/projects/images/246-hoover-dam-bypass-2960.jpg
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Mike wrote: »
    HOOVER DAM

Drive along the curvy yet treacherous HOOVER DAM to get to the other side of the map. While there are mulitiple ways to get from one side of the map to the other including a bridge, going on the Hoover Dam itself is stunningly beautiful and allows you faster entry and exit to opponent bases to steal charges and flags. Or if you are in the mood use your vehicle to steer your opponent off the dam into the aquatic abyss below to gain a point in the Team Death Match or Death Match modes, getting you even closer to victory.

Beware, because if you are down below on the ground next to the dam while engaging in battle make sure not to hit the dam with your rockets or machine gun more than 3 or 4 times as this may lead to braking the dam and washing everyone away causing a death to each player. Of course, there will be some warning signs before this happens such as progressive cracks in the dam before it burst. There will also be a little ledge at the bottom of the map where vehicles can go quickly go and be free of the bursting dam. By spraying the dam with bullets or rockets, this could be the strategy the little vehicles 9Punisher, Mantis) need to wreak havoc and quickly even up the playing field against the bigger behemoths such as the Big Rig or Dozer as it will wash them away similar to how the train hits a vehicle and runs it off the map. Sorry lasers and fire don't do any damage to the steel and cement dam wall.

I envision this map to be stunningly beautiful and I have no doubt that if the Glu designers chose to, they could make this or some of the other maps into artistic masterpieces for us. I have attched some links to the some of the pictures I could see them making for this HOOVER DAM map...

http://img.wedoitallvegas.com/articles/hooverdam.jpg
    http://rmltman.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hoover-bridge-bypass-view-aerial-nv-tower-2009.jpg
    http://www.hdrinc.com/sites/all/files/content/projects/images/246-hoover-dam-bypass-2960.jpg

(sorry lasers and fire don't do any damage to the steel and cement dam wall)

This could be done, I have knowledge of both roads, over the bridge and over the dam. The bridge would definitely be the quickest route yet it's the most dangerous as vehicles passive powers can knock opponents over into oblivion or collisions could do the same. I like it!
    The road over the dam is twisty with pull outs for cars to battle and charges, flags and power ups to be grabbed. This is actually pretty extensive yet really interesting.
    I would like to see how GLU would incorporate the battle at dam base without loosing players completely in games like capture and recover.
    This is a great idea Mike, here hoping GLU looks at this for future maps or Indestructible II, yeah that's the ticket.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me and I think that a new map could be incorporated into the back drop of pyramids and sphinx. As all maps have two bases so shall ancient Egypt, these bases may vary in looks to the uneducated eye but their purpose is identical to protect and serve the home team. The bases will have long stone columns that create a sort of dodging area for battling and could prove helpful to speedier and more maneuverable vehicles. One aspect is the columns can be destroyed and provide openings for persons to enter and exit, these columns can also destroy/damage "any" vehicles close to them when they explode. Each base has an alter that must be scaled to place flags and charges.
    When battling in open sand users are sorely aware of the loss of traction in all vehicle yet multi wheeled vehicles and tractors garner more traction than others.
    Sand storms can mess up battles and will bring uncertainty to any battle.
    I mentioned the sphinx which is the center of the playing field and can be used as a barrier when low on energy but beware the sphinx has been known to breath fire and flick his tail about inflicting damage on unsuspecting vehicles.
    One last aspect is TDM which can get crazy and ancient Egypt makes it even harder for one team to dominate. If one team scores three points to none or none battle is forced into lesser teams home domain until odds are evened or dominating team destroys their opponent.
    No opponent can be killed at their spawn point and must clear ten meters before damage is inflicted.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ok, artist I'm not, just a little bored. :-)
    [IMG][/img]3334f18add139d862a2a639aa1ab9496.jpg
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ok, artist I'm not, just a little bored. :-)
    [IMG][/img]3334f18add139d862a2a639aa1ab9496.jpg

Artist renditions Dapper? You have outdone yourself this time. I think you win the prize for the Indestructible player who most wants new maps. :)

Hey Glu admin, if this is not inspiration then I do not what is.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Give me new maps or indestructible II, I wil settle for either.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    These are good ideas, guys. Frenzy told me to check em out and I was not disappointed. Now if only the Indesttm Dev Team listened!

One that really got my attention was the Lunar Landing. Wouldn't that be something..... The lander there as a decoration, kind of like the sunken sub seen in Iceberg. What if the Lander was big enough to let cars (small to medium) up a ramp, into the Lander, and out the other side? Maybe have a power up in there. Since the moon is small in comparison to earth, it would be cool if you could drive over most if not all of it (this would take quite a while, even in Mantis). The only mode I see working well with my additions to Lunar Landing would be King of the Hill, which I feel should be brought back!

Reduced gravitational pull means more interesting physics, especially when a Mantis is blasted upward with impact cons. If it goes up too high, it explodes and counts it as a suicide!
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • KillerSanKillerSan Registered Users 40 Posts
    Give me new maps or indestructible II, I wil settle for either.

I liked the ideas very much! I hope Glu looks this topic ;)
    My Game Center name: Dr. Koth
    Add me ;)
    Yeah my hope is that maybe someday we will get some feedback from the money changers telling us they will incorporate our ideas.

We might be waiting for a long long long time.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    New map idea and I call it the trap door. This different type of map can be applied to any of the existing maps yet a new layout would be optimal, larger size the better. The idea is simple, during the course of battle trap doors will appear "randomly" and will only be visible for short durations say 10 seconds.

Scenario you are down to your last bars of energy/armor and two Pummelers are closing in for the kill and your on the opposite side of the map with the charge.

Do you fight it out, can you run, what are your options? You need a miracle!

You see a trap door appear and you race for the protection of the unknown.

Will it it take you to the power up?

Will it take you to your base?

Will it take you to your opponents base?

Will it give you temporary sanctuary on top of the hill.

Will it be the ultimate betrayal and sudden death?

If you choose to play this map you do so at your own peril because this is the ultimate field leveler where it's anyone's game.

One car per trap door.
    If you are burning or get hit by enemy fire that kills you upon entering trap door the flag or charge are also moved or reset.

You thought you played epic games, you ain't seen nothing. The trap door coming soon to indestructible.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    INDESTRUCTIBLE players looking for new awesome mulit-iplayer online TANK game that thousands of people are playiog from around the world...look no further. Go to Ddannen's post on the 26th page of the the thread entitled: "FRENZY'S List- The BEST of the BEST INDESTRUCTIBLE Players" Hope to see some of you on the other side!!!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]