Behemoth Thoughts, bring back King of The Hill!

RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
I've been discussing the Behemoth with Alex (Dima) and we have concluded that the Behemoth was in fact a beta right from version 0.1.0. Over the course of the app updates, the Behemoth controls ended up disabled (it moved and fired in 0.1.0, and could only fire in 0.2.0 and so on) and this means we might not be seeing it any time soon. This comes as a disappointing epiphany to Alex and myself, and we've even discussed writing a game using Indesttm as our foundation. After all, Alex thinks the Behemoth is too ugly, like it was meant for another game. I think it should be released in IND, but of course, with higher armor, speed, and a different set of Active and Passive Abilities (descriptions suggest they are identical to those of the IDS_STRIKER {PUMMELER}, and they are...). One thing that makes me laugh about the AA is that when you activate it, it makes the Behemoth self destruct. So not only does the enemy die, but you go down with them. This, of course, can be corrected with a few hours going through the Behemoth Prefab. Hopefully they make this car happen... I really like it.

Now, about King of The Hill. I remember the brief times in which I played this mode, I preferred it over Resource Collection (now called Recover the Charge) and was pretty good at it. It was played on Iceberg, and the center of the map where the Helipad is was the Hill. If you drive over it today, you can still see it. You had to kill the other team and last the longest time alive upon the Hill for a victory, and depending on which team had been on the Hill longest, the letter "H" would glow that color (ex: Red team is winning, the H glows red). I am a big fan of this mode and hope they have the heart to bring it back... Many players don't know the joy of it as this first version of the game was out there briefly. Soon, the Ravager came along and King of The Hill was scrapped. Capture the Flag was implemented, as well as Death Match. INFINITE fuel purchases were scrapped at the release of the Dozer. INFINITE fuel costed 30-40 gold bars if I remember correctly, and most of the components would sell for silver coins (except for T 4) instead of gold. I also miss the red laser sights that shone from the weapon's mechanisms (Explosive Weapons) Having said all of this, I miss the old days of IND. I remember the requirement for Gold League being 1,500 Influence Points, but now all you have to do is win 50 games straight and you're a Goldie. It's depressing.
I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.

Comments

• MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    That's disappointing. I have long thought there would be no more updates to Indestructible, but have still always held out hope and part of that hope was the knowledge that there was another car out there (the Behemoth) that was still being developed. I thought that if they were working on that, perhaps there would be another significant update that introduces that vehicle. What a bummer.

The longer time passes without updates, the more likely it is that players abandon Indestructible. You know how it is - you get a new game, play it, and then eventually get sick of it. Indestructible has been an unusual case for me since I have yet to tire of it. I know, however, that is not the case for everyone. Just in my S&A clan, there are some members I have never even played with because they are "retired." I used to play Gun Brothers a lot and made it to the top-20 list and then completely stopped playing.

In the months that I have been playing Indestructible, I have noticed that it is generally more difficult to get into a multiplayer game than it used to be, so it is without question that Indestructible is on the downslope. That is why I buy gold without hesitation - I want to support the game that I like and nothing speaks louder than money. If Indestructible can continue to be a profit center for Glu, then they will update it. No question about that. If they see that their customers are loyal to the game and believe an update would be worth their while, then they would update it. I have no idea how much they make off purchases or how much they need to make, but I know that nothing speaks louder than money. So if anyone out there is debating whether to make that gold purchase - even if it's only the most inexpensive (0.99 cents?) gold bundle, remember that every little bit helps. You can have a voice regarding the development of Indestructible. Call this the gold drive to save Indestructible, lol.

Aside from that, I am going to be writing an e-mail to Glu about how much support Indestructible has from those who play the game and how much more potential I believe the game has. I will share that here once I send it.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    I just want it to be fun again. Please Glu.
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

• MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    MantaRay wrote: »
    That's disappointing. I have long thought there would be no more updates to Indestructible, but have still always held out hope and part of that hope was the knowledge that there was another car out there (the Behemoth) that was still being developed. I thought that if they were working on that, perhaps there would be another significant update that introduces that vehicle. What a bummer.

The longer time passes without updates, the more likely it is that players abandon Indestructible. You know how it is - you get a new game, play it, and then eventually get sick of it. Indestructible has been an unusual case for me since I have yet to tire of it. I know, however, that is not the case for everyone. Just in my S&A clan, there are some members I have never even played with because they are "retired." I used to play Gun Brothers a lot and made it to the top-20 list and then completely stopped playing.

In the months that I have been playing Indestructible, I have noticed that it is generally more difficult to get into a multiplayer game than it used to be, so it is without question that Indestructible is on the downslope. That is why I buy gold without hesitation - I want to support the game that I like and nothing speaks louder than money. If Indestructible can continue to be a profit center for Glu, then they will update it. No question about that. If they see that their customers are loyal to the game and believe an update would be worth their while, then they would update it. I have no idea how much they make off purchases or how much they need to make, but I know that nothing speaks louder than money. So if anyone out there is debating whether to make that gold purchase - even if it's only the most inexpensive (0.99 cents?) gold bundle, remember that every little bit helps. You can have a voice regarding the development of Indestructible. Call this the gold drive to save Indestructible, lol.

Aside from that, I am going to be writing an e-mail to Glu about how much support Indestructible has from those who play the game and how much more potential I believe the game has. I will share that here once I send it.

This is one reason Manta, why I am a "Gold buyer"like you and not a parasitic hacker; to support the game I love and wanting to see it thrive.

I commend your zeal to write a letter to glu, I sure hope they listen to it. I still hold out hope that Glu will update this game in the future, the question is when.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Ok everyone, king of the hill is something a late comer like myself has never experienced and boy does that sound like fun. If this game were reintroduced I would hope that the spawn times would be decreased to not allow a Ravager/big rig from monopolizing the hill. :eek: The right combination of vehicles on the hill could be devastating so as long as you could spawn fairly quick the fight could continue.

Regarding the Behemoth, I don't care I want it! I want any new vehicle, consumable, AA, or component that GLU can think up. Actually if they ever read these forums we are always throwing ideas around so it's just a matter of programming. Never had a chance to utilize Behemoth in any way yet the pictures alone tells me it would be a very cool vehicle for the game.

I dont mind mind spending some change to support a game yet the company also needs to step up to the plate and update this game even if it were a completely new indestructible. I would rather that GLU put a price on the game which can lead to the game getting frequent updates. This idea of freemium gammon only works if the target audience is very interested and then only lasts for a short duration. Glu needs to put R&D into games like indestructible which will have the desired affect of a large loyal following. Forget the freemium put a price on your work, if it's no good no one will buy it. If it's good everyone will buy it, can you say angry birds?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Ok everyone, king of the hill is something a late comer like myself has never experienced and boy does that sound like fun. If this game were reintroduced I would hope that the spawn times would be decreased to not allow a Ravager/big rig from monopolizing the hill. :eek: The right combination of vehicles on the hill could be devastating so as long as you could spawn fairly quick the fight could continue.

Regarding the Behemoth, I don't care I want it! I want any new vehicle, consumable, AA, or component that GLU can think up. Actually if they ever read these forums we are always throwing ideas around so it's just a matter of programming. Never had a chance to utilize Behemoth in any way yet the pictures alone tells me it would be a very cool vehicle for the game.

I dont mind mind spending some change to support a game yet the company also needs to step up to the plate and update this game even if it were a completely new indestructible. I would rather that GLU put a price on the game which can lead to the game getting frequent updates. This idea of freemium gammon only works if the target audience is very interested and then only lasts for a short duration. Glu needs to put R&D into games like indestructible which will have the desired affect of a large loyal following. Forget the freemium put a price on your work, if it's no good no one will buy it. If it's good everyone will buy it, can you say angry birds?

Well said Dapper!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts

I agree, Dapper. King of the Hill sounds awesome. I wish I had been around for it - what a great concept.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    MantaRay wrote: »
    I agree, Dapper. King of the Hill sounds awesome. I wish I had been around for it - what a great concept.

Greatest thing ever. That mode will be missed by us originals...

• POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    glu>:l why you do this?
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    My guess was that koth was hard to support so they took the easy way out and shut it down. Maybe with upcoming releases or new game koth will once again reign supreme.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

In 0.2.0 (initial Ravager release), the Ravager had the EXACT same AA and PA of Demolisher.

Its a shame then that that only difference seems to be the vehicle so where's our KOTH?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Its a shame then that that only difference seems to be the vehicle so where's our KOTH?

Gone for good I guess...

A question on the iP forums was asked about Oily Industries, tell me what you think of my reply:

Oily Industries being the fictional petrol corporation that the world fell victim to before the collapse, hence the post-apocalyptic setting on the maps, with most of them containing Oily Industries equipment like Observatories, Snow Plows, and J&S Surveillance Satellite Dishes. A sunken submarine here and there. The most prominent example of the brand's placement is in the original version 0.1.0 Rocket Base, as there were shipping crates there (like at the flag bases seen today) in the center of the map and petrol tanks around the board. The barrels used to deal 400 damage upon impact, and are indeed Oily Industries barrels. There were no shipping crates on any of the other maps besides Aircrash and Rocket Base because back in those days, each map had its own mode. They went as follows:

Resource Collection/Recover the Charge: Rocket Base
    King of the Hill/Death Match: Iceberg (no crates at bases because bases did not exist, they were open cliffs)
    Capture the Flag: Aircrash

Good stuff.

I think that Glu has written this game off, it's been a substantial amount of time since any real upgrade. Games like iron force from chillingo have the lions share of players that are paying to play.

Indestructible if updated and upgraded would bring back many players but I think this plea falls on deaf ears.

I am am waiting for the day when I go to play and get a message telling me server unavailable, it seems inevitable.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I think that Glu has written this game off, it's been a substantial amount of time since any real upgrade. Games like iron force from chillingo have the lions share of players that are paying to play.

Indestructible if updated and upgraded would bring back many players but I think this plea falls on deaf ears.

I am am waiting for the day when I go to play and get a message telling me server unavailable, it seems inevitable.

The sound of inevitability.

• Ace#2Ace#2 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I agree. As much as I like indestructible, I'm beginning to give up on hoping for an update. Have all the cars, have all the T4 stuff, hard to get good competition unless in a PwF match, as a result I barely play anymore.

Off to iron force where at least the game is fresh and regularly updated.
    Ace#2 wrote: »
    I agree. As much as I like indestructible, I'm beginning to give up on hoping for an update. Have all the cars, have all the T4 stuff, hard to get good competition unless in a PwF match, as a result I barely play anymore.

Off to iron force where at least the game is fresh and regularly updated.

Is it that good? I might cop it (Iron Force)

• Ace#2Ace#2 Registered Users 10 Posts
    RudyBan wrote: »
    Is it that good? I might cop it (Iron Force)

I like it. It takes some getting used to. Much slower than indestructible being in tanks, so it depends what you like. It does have a lot of playability though due to the time it takes to buy tanks and upgrade them. Without spending money or hacking it will take months to buy a high level tank. I warn you it will be incredibly frustrating at first in a weak tank when others can kill you in one shot.
    Lol I've played for two weeks and still get killed by the one shot wonders. One of the aspects of iron force I like is the ability to go to a map with a few legion buddies and work as a team. This aspect makes the game more pleasing as you have more of a chance for individual and legion points.

The one shot wonders can really leave you frustrated as there are quite a few and I believe these are hacks, just like indestructible hacks have managed to ruin aspects of indestructible. The reason I say hacks is that the top tier tanks take big bucks to buy and also big bucks to upgrade so I have a hard time imagining so many players dropping hundreds yes I said hundreds of dollars on any game.

If if this game were left to be played fairly you might encounter a one shot wonder once in a while and it would be a challenge for everyone playing if they were smart to gang up on the big guy. Typically this doesn't happen as everyone is looking to score points or steal others points so the one shot tank runs rampant through the map killing everyone.

This game has otherwise been enjoyable and there is definite strategy to use while playing, I hope that the game is able to proceed and grow normally. This may be impossible as the links for exploits seems to grow every day.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Lol I've played for two weeks and still get killed by the one shot wonders. One of the aspects of iron force I like is the ability to go to a map with a few legion buddies and work as a team. This aspect makes the game more pleasing as you have more of a chance for individual and legion points.

The one shot wonders can really leave you frustrated as there are quite a few and I believe these are hacks, just like indestructible hacks have managed to ruin aspects of indestructible. The reason I say hacks is that the top tier tanks take big bucks to buy and also big bucks to upgrade so I have a hard time imagining so many players dropping hundreds yes I said hundreds of dollars on any game.

If if this game were left to be played fairly you might encounter a one shot wonder once in a while and it would be a challenge for everyone playing if they were smart to gang up on the big guy. Typically this doesn't happen as everyone is looking to score points or steal others points so the one shot tank runs rampant through the map killing everyone.

This game has otherwise been enjoyable and there is definite strategy to use while playing, I hope that the game is able to proceed and grow normally. This may be impossible as the links for exploits seems to grow every day.

Thanks for weighing in Dapper. About Iron Force, it's one of those more popular Chillingo games, the ones that sell out and become pay-to-play schemes. I'm a big fan of vehicular warfare but if there's no easy way to get up in the ranks and quickly (in game rewards and so on), I'll have to play it during Christmas break. Not enough time to start now..

• Tootzi911Tootzi911 Registered Users 44 Posts
    Rudyban you bastard what's wrong with you I try to be your friend and all you can come up with is telling me to get off your dick what the **** does that even mean you bitch
    Tootzi911 wrote: »
    Rudyban you bastard what's wrong with you I try to be your friend and all you can come up with is telling me to get off your dick what the **** does that even mean you bitch

Hahahaha I find it hard to believe you can't understand something so simple...

It means you want to be my friend and I DON'T (want you to). I don't want anything to do with you. It's that simple. You gotta problem?

Fix it, sunshine. You're not worth my time. And by fix it, I mean don't ever talk to or about me again.

Jamás te voy a respetar, porque sos escoria llena de cobardía. Eres igual a Cali, ¡un gran perdedor!

Pffff dice el Mexicano.
    Pffff dice el Mexicano.

Sigue ladrando perra. Ya te dije que te callarás.

I had to use google translate, too funny!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I had to use google translate, too funny!

It's funny because Google is clueless

Yo no soy una Perra la Perra aqui sos bos rudy.idiota
    Yo no soy una Perra la Perra aqui sos bos rudy.idiota

Jajajaja esta bien si tu lo dices...