7/28/2016 Event Can Glu Redeem Themselves?

2Next

Comments

• ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Gianna wrote: »
    This worked! I feel so stupid now haha.

I haven't had the hair in any event box & I've opened 3? Not sure if the sticker things go towards the hair or if we get in a gift box? Slightly confused at K&K so far lol.

I'm so glad it worked for you! :o And don't feel stupid, I panicked the first time it happened to me. Plus, as Naimonster said, it simply doesn't work sometimes. So I'm guessing it's a bit of a glitchy feature. :x

I also don't think I've ever seen hair in any giftbox ever. Not only is there never more than one event item in a palette, but I feel like it's weighted to sort of go 'in order'. I see the shoes most often, the dress rarely, and the hair eludes me. I also stick to the first and second boxes in the first row, so it looks like those are the crowd favorites.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I got cash on my last box, no sign of the hair on my 3 boxes too, I would be happy with that hair, from what I saw there isn't much fab hair styles in the wardrobe, those I like are basically the free ones!

LantsPance wrote: »
    Yes! You get bonus points for items that you own from either the gift boxes or the earnables. Also, like in KKH, during each event there are 3 gigs you have the opportunity to get that will award event points upon completion, and those are the 6hour ones. I said to steer clear of them because of the amount of time they take. But you are more than free to do them if you have the patience and time. I'm out of storyline gigs so I have no choice but to do them, but you should have plenty of storyline gigs left so if I were you, I'd just do the storyline gigs to complete the event. Believe me, if I didn't have to do these 6 hour gigs, I wouldn't. Hopefully there will be an update soon that will give more storylines. :D

And I so agree with Nai. Don't buy boxes. Not worth it.

I got the sandals in the second box on the top row. :D I'm happy because they were the only thing I wanted from the boxes.

Congrats on the sandals Lants and thanks for the tips, I'm starting to understand how everything works now!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought that I got few side gigs:confused:

Perry calls me and offer a quest that is not part of the storylines and I can choose between couple of gigs options, pretty much as on KKH...
    Buttiel wrote: »
    Also, a question. I don't play KK a lot, so I let all of my gigs build up for the weekends. However, I'm currently doing the last one in my list. Are there gonna be generic gigs I can do like in KKH, or am I screwed?

Buttiel as I said above I think I got side gigs, but not sure since Lants doesn't have those.

I'm almost getting the boots, don't know how much points to get to the top, but I'm not so willing to get there too, I want this game to be just casual fun without all the crazy commitment that I have with KKH.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Angeline that seriously sucks! I just hate it when I choose a box, didn't get anything, then stupidly decide to switch boxes and there you go, an item appears in the previous spot. Ughhh so that's why I've stuck with top row, middle box. I've gotten a bunch of items in that holy spot.

Vatsy I would drop a bomb for that hair, but without bandanna of course. I don't like it when a hair is stuck with one accessory, waste of money right?

About side gigs, you will get them even if you have current storyline goals. However, Perry must not have called you for it, meaning, it must be on a countdown timer. If you find that you have goals on countdown timer, and Perry didn't call you for a side gig, it is a glitch. Submit a ticket, and then the customer care team will fix it for you.

Work It event point requirement
    10 > 25 > 50 > 75 > 125 > 200

Dating event point requirement
    25 > 75 > 150 > 250 > 375 > 625
    PM to add
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I finally understand why Lants suggests to skip the 6hr event gigs. The first one I did was not easy. It felt like doing an 8hr gig but the second 6hr one I barely made it (less than 7 mins left). I usually don't need to travel around to get energy bolts but for whatever reason (probably because this 2nd 6hr event gig, I couldn't invite a contact to help), it made me travel between Santa Monica and Calabasas to tap. I don't want to use all those energy bolts but not getting any event points.
    Yep, same to you, Vats, I told myself I'm just gonna take it easy on this new KK game. But last night, I had to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night in order to do the only 8hr gig I had available before bedtime. :( I need 15 more points to get to the top! I guess waking up last night paid it off. Good Luck to whoever still grinding!

Edit: Nai, Saw your post just now. Yep, I'm going to follow your advice. Stick to the same one. Thanks so much! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Hmm the 6h gig does take more effort than usual especially if you can't invite a friend. Thx for the heads up about that for the 2nd event gig, Angeline!

Those event gigs do give a whole bunch of points once completed. I haven't really went into detail to calculate if it's worth to do.

Each event item gives extra 4 event points right?
    PM to add
    Not sure if it's worthy of doing 6hr event gigs either but here is my record:
    With two event items, I got 30 points for an 8hr gig and with three event items I only received 40 points for a 6hr event gig.
    And it doesn't make sense that the 2nd 6hr event gig took more energy bolts to finish than the 8hr gig. The 6hr event gigs are on probation. :p

Just started an 8hr gig to finish the event. I will report the event point number later.

Update: With 3 event items after an 8hr gig. I got 32 event points. Only increase 2 points for an additional event item?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Ok so I did the 2nd event gig which doesn't allow friend invite. I actually used the entire 6 hours! I let my energy recharge normally, and then at the last 30 minutes realized I had to tap for energy! I completed at the last 5 minutes, phew! I had 2 event items, and got 35 points. I'm at 172/200 now so should be able to make it.

I think for dating event, it's 4 points per item owned, then maybe for gig events it's just 2 points. It used to be 4 points!!
    PM to add
    Done!
    VTjktfP.png?1

So happy for having finished my first event! Now that Angel is at level 12 and has 26 glorious energy bolts at her bar everything is indeed a challenge, hope it gets easier in the future!

Naimonster wrote: »
    Dating event point requirement
    25 > 75 > 150 > 250 > 375 > 625

These numbers looks like a nightmare!!!
    Yep, same to you, Vats, I told myself I'm just gonna take it easy on this new KK game. But last night, I had to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night in order to do the only 8hr gig I had available before bedtime. :( I need 15 more points to get to the top! I guess waking up last night paid it off. Good Luck to whoever still grinding!

I feel you Angeline! I want to keep cool, but if a fab hair show up at the earnables, what can I do?

I saw lot of you guys talking about the events 6h gigs, but I didn't received any of those this weekend, what triggers them? Should I be concerned that I didn't got them?

Here's how I styled Ms Chocolate's event items:
    c66XsFt.png?1
    DR6whKj.png?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Your doll looks amazing, Vats. Congratulations!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

I saw lot of you guys talking about the events 6h gigs, but I didn't received any of those this weekend, what triggers them? Should I be concerned that I didn't got them?

No not really. I've noticed that I didn't get the weekend event gigs on my new game either. I think that it has to do with probably being at a lower level or maybe a certain location is still unlocked on your game that you had no access for those gigs⁉
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

That makes a lot of sense Carol!

Thanks!
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Your doll looks amazing, Vats. Congratulations!

Zoye <3

My budget is still short, so Angel doesn't have anything fancy yet all her clothes are from a department store, but I'm trying my best:cool:

One question guys, I have a goal that ask me to purchase Jackson's Hole house, is it useful or does serves for something bigger on the storyline?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

It's okay that you didn't get the 6hr event gigs this week. The second one was brutal. Nai and I, we both spent almost the entire 6hrs to finish it. It's crazy. Same as Nai, I started to worry if I was gonna make it to 5 stars with less than 30 mins left. I didn't want to risk it cause it had already cost a lot of energy. I had to get the event points for that! The event is in Beverly Hill at Kendall's place. I picked Calabasas (3 tapping spots, $10) and Santa Monica (2 tapping spots, $1) to go back and forth to get more energy bolts. I never had to do this in KKH. It's totally not worth of doing it.
    Oh well, this is the first event that I have the event gigs. Play and learn. :)
    Last weekend, I didn't participate and will never participate in an event like that. And the week before last week was a dating event. I didn't pay attention if there were any event gigs, I was focus on dating. Plus I was only on level 10 then, so, maybe try to level up this week and see if you get them next weekend. (FYI: I'm on level 15 this weekend event.) Just try to make a guess, it's like in KKH, when a celebrity is involved in the gig, we usually can't invite a contact to help, then skip that event gig in KK.

As for the properties, I haven't purchased any of them. I just let the goal stay there. It doesn't affect any game play so far.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Done!
    VTjktfP.png?1

So happy for having finished my first event! Now that Angel is at level 12 and has 26 glorious energy bolts at her bar everything is indeed a challenge, hope it gets easier in the future!

These numbers looks like a nightmare!!!

I feel you Angeline! I want to keep cool, but if a fab hair show up at the earnables, what can I do?

Here's how I styled Ms Chocolate's event items:
    c66XsFt.png?1
    DR6whKj.png?1

Congrats, buddy!
    Dating events are actually much, much easier, despite what it may look like. :D
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hmm...now that you've mentioned it Vats, nope I've never purchased the Jackson hole home on none of my games. The properties are so insanely pricey and there's no party events yet (I have no clue if party events will be added as a feature on a future update :confused:) so for now the homes serves no purpose on this game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Really tiresome Angeline, I got tired just to read that:p

Thanks Lants!

Carol I bought Malibu's(?!), but yeah I feel that the houses aren't much useful in this game, I think same goes for the pets or am I wrong? I just have the hamster, maybe the dogs are different...

Anyway I don't think that this game is a game to go after the tappables as KKH, the gameplay works better just waiting the energy to recharge at this point.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    When you buy the Jackson Hole house, there's a horse in there that costs a whopping 1499 kgems.

Not worth it at the moment. There's also no subsequent quest after completing that quest, but I just completed so that I can clear up my quest list.
    PM to add
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I forgot I even owned the Jackson Hole house lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College