Options

11-3-16 Kendall's Birthday Event!

2Next

Comments

• Options
    ShannenShannen Registered Users 159 Posts
    ElleS wrote: »
    So, so, so frustrated with the gift boxes. I opened two for now and got $500 in one and 1 Ken sticker in the other.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I hate how the gift boxes system works and the prizes are even worse. I mean spending 80 gems for $500, $750 or $1000? So unfair. The only decent prize is the 100 gems one.

I've been playing since September and I never managed to win the whole outfit in the gift boxes. I wish they'd do it like KKH where you get the event item in one giftbox rather than collecting 454464 of stickers for it.

I hope I'm not sounding ungrateful because I appreciate all the work Glu puts into its games but I feel like the way the gift boxes system in KKG is it makes it hard to collect the items without spending a lot of money.

You are not sounding ungrateful at all, you are telling the truth. I agree so much with what you said
  • Options
    SharknadoSharknado Registered Users 12 Posts
    astray wrote: »
    thanks so much Sharknado now I will try those my shoes were in the area where you found the dress what sucks is the hair is never an option in my boxes just the dress since I got the shoes on the first try.

No problem! I almost never get any of the event prizes, they're usually like RIGHT next to the box I pick, or above it. And yeah, it really sucks when a certain prize doesn't show up, because then that's not really a fair chance... For the Halloween event, the hair never showed up for me though.
  • Options
    Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    I wasn't lucky with giftboxes too. I opened 2 so far and I got 1000$ and 500$. So tragic. No sticker, no clothes, no k-gems.

Still have one more chance!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Sharknado wrote: »
    No problem! I almost never get any of the event prizes, they're usually like RIGHT next to the box I pick, or above it. And yeah, it really sucks when a certain prize doesn't show up, because then that's not really a fair chance... For the Halloween event, the hair never showed up for me though.

Yeah... sobs...

I opened a ton of boxes for Halloween and only ever saw the hair twice, I did finally get the ponytail but my gem bank dropped a massive amount!
    PM to add
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Sharknado wrote: »

Same with me never got the hair in my boxes
  • Options
    Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    I got the boots in my last box! They were in first box. Also saw the dress too - first box, last row.

Happy I got at least one item, because they looked awesome. Even tho I didn't get the dress, I don't mind. The boots perfectly fits with my clothes.
  • Options
    I got the boots and the dress but not the hair since the hair was literally in my last box and i picked the dress instead but i don't mind tbh i have other hairs that can go with the dress i feel like the hair kinda clashes with the dress i thought about opening a box but the last time i did that there were no earnables only stickers, gems, money and energy so I'm not gonna chase that earnable hair but i am gonna try to chase the rest of Kendall's birthday clothes.
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    astray wrote: »
    I got the boots and the dress but not the hair since the hair was literally in my last box and i picked the dress instead but i don't mind tbh i have other hairs that can go with the dress i feel like the hair kinda clashes with the dress i thought about opening a box but the last time i did that there were no earnables only stickers, gems, money and energy so I'm not gonna chase that earnable hair but i am gonna try to chase the rest of Kendall's birthday clothes.

I agree about how the hair clashes. I wanted it so bad unail I saw it on a krew member and then I was like nah, nevermind. It's really not that great. No offense to the krew member. It just didn't look as good as I thought it would lol.
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Registered Users 159 Posts
    I agree about how the hair clashes. I wanted it so bad unail I saw it on a krew member and then I was like nah, nevermind. It's really not that great. No offense to the krew member. It just didn't look as good as I thought it would lol.

I had the same thing with the long straight hair from a previous krew goal event, I was obsessing over it but when I saw it on myself it was like meh ;)
  • Options
    SharknadoSharknado Registered Users 12 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Yeah... sobs...

I opened a ton of boxes for Halloween and only ever saw the hair twice, I did finally get the ponytail but my gem bank dropped a massive amount!

Well at least you got it!! Congrats :D
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    I just went ahead and chase for the hair in the gift boxes ahaha! I'm just wondering though why is the sticker count like 5, 15, and all of the sudden 50. Wouldn't make it more sense to have 30 and it make things more affordable then. Maybe the addition of being able to open more than one box in the palettes... hopefully in the future Glu can make some changes with the gift boxes and make it more reasonable. I hope everyone is doing well on their event and good luck!
  • Options
    Shannen wrote: »
    I had the same thing with the long straight hair from a previous krew goal event, I was obsessing over it but when I saw it on myself it was like meh ;)

That's really the worst. I hate when that happens. :(
  • Options
    lenainclenainc Registered Users 51 Posts
    I just went ahead and chase for the hair in the gift boxes ahaha! I'm just wondering though why is the sticker count like 5, 15, and all of the sudden 50. Wouldn't make it more sense to have 30 and it make things more affordable then. Maybe the addition of being able to open more than one box in the palettes... hopefully in the future Glu can make some changes with the gift boxes and make it more reasonable. I hope everyone is doing well on their event and good luck!

That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. 30 points would be much more reasonable. At 50 you're pretty much relying on chance of the boxes. Definitely hope Glu will make an adjustment toward this in future.. :-)
    Lena
    🌹Retro Rose🌹
  • Options

That's what turned me off of it too, seeing it on Krew members made me realise it just wasn't cute with the dress and boots at all, lol, maybe if they had removed to bandanna and left the hair without it I would have probably liked it and tried to get it.
  • Options
    I'm done the event. Thanks Glu! That was really fun, and I absolutely loved the items I earned/paid for. This event refreshed my enjoyment for the game, and I'm so happy for that. Thanks for putting together this amazing event. :)

Screenshot_20161105-122037_edit_1478363457624.jpeg