11-17 Weekend Event - Dating

With Thanksgiving coming up, it's all about relationships. Focus on bae this weekend and keep the spark alive! The gift box clothes for guys and girls are très chic. What do you think of all the items?

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg
#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.

Comments

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thank you Kalinda for sharing!! I love the items and can't wait for the event to start!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Ari97Ari97 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I'm not feeling the items at all:confused:
    Ari
    Retro Rose🌹🌹🌹
  • Kkh.IceSwanKkh.IceSwan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Nope nope nope....we need more fashionable/cute/elegance items especially SHOES(heels) and accessories in this game..I thought earnable from two weeks ago was the worst but this week is just..

And please make earnable more "usefull" because no one will ever use this shoes or hair, feel like you guys just wasted resources by creating them when no one will use those ugly items.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Thank you Kalinda for sharing!! I love the items and can't wait for the event to start!

Me too! I like the items!

The earnable guys hair is a different story tho.
    PM to add
  • Ewa250365Ewa250365 Registered Users 33 Posts
    I like only the Skirt and tights from giftboxes ��

kkh Nicki lv.39
    kkg Marshall lv.26
    facebook Nicki Nicki
    Kkh lv 57. iOS
    facebook Nicki kkh
    instagram Nicki.kkh_kkg
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yay date events are my fave!

I live for those converse boots, the dress is cool too, think both will look good together with the ponytail from last weekend event, who I'm yet to debut (couldn't remove the pink jacket and the hat+bangs haistyle during this week, they're sooooo cute!).

I like the boxes' items too, always had a thing for vests. Hope luck is by my side this weekend.

I just don't get it the earnable hair, looks like it has a condom over the head.rJREHpU.gif

Thanks Kalinda!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    You dirty boy Vatsy, I just thought it looked more like a swimming cap.

GAJoa7v.jpg
    xVC5E20.jpg

It's supposed to be bandana right?

Vsls0tM.jpg
    PM to add
  • KadieKadie Registered Users 23 Posts
    Not feeling it.. but thank you glu for a dating event, krew events are too exhausting for me :(
  • Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    JACKET! Omg I just love jackets. Just give me more jackets in this game.

I love everything. I love the giftbox clothes of course. But earnables too. The hair are not awesome, but hey, I love getting hair, so I am excited.
  • KieranKieran Registered Users 52 Posts
    The items are okay, I guess. I'm only really liking the gift box trousers for the guys though.
    Major? *nods head* major ...
  • OouulalaOouulala Registered Users 53 Posts
    I wish the jacket was with a shirt and not a dress!! Though we can wear it with tights, I would like to pair it with jeans or something.

But i love it & the shoes.

Just really not feeling the wig....
  • -Casey--Casey- Registered Users 8 Posts
    The items are underwhelming this week. The shoes are dark blue so they'll be hard to match with black stuff. I only like the jacket, the tights, and the giftbox top. The giftbox skirt is a little too similar to the regular black skirt you start the game with :(

I am really grateful for the events though! This week's items just aren't for me.
    Casey, USA (Pacific), Android 🏝
    Level 22, every day active player ☇
    #KingKrewKuties 👑
    Done!
    RVAGhNb.png?1

This event was so smooth and productive, got the skirt and tights from the boxes too, yay!:D

Naimonster wrote: »

Thanks for cleaning up my dirty mind, however still not feeling the hair it has a shape of a roach's shell lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

GAJoa7v.jpg
    xVC5E20.jpg

Vsls0tM.jpg

No, Nai, it's called a do rag. Another grab from black culture. Caused the usual scandal and twitter storm about cultural appropriation when Kylie wore it. I think the look is just bad. And fairly stupid and just wrong. I think Kylie's was an LV, I don't remember, but it looks even worse here than it did irl. Glu's freakish glee at putting so much of KKJ controversial happenings, like this, and the whole trip to Havana, where the media said some not nice things about Kim's intelligence, or lack thereof, is really bizarre. I'm glad I stopped playing K&K. And for myself, I find the whole set of earnables atrocious as well as irresponsible and ill-thought-out. Ten-year-old kids who don't know any better, or are just not old enough to understand and/or make appropriate choices for themselves have their little dolls running around on dates and at photo shoots wearing do rags; unless they're POC they have no idea whatsoever they are, and are being made to look like mini idiots by adults who should know better.
  • ShannenShannen Registered Users 159 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    No, Nai, it's called a do rag. Another grab from black culture. Caused the usual scandal and twitter storm about cultural appropriation when Kylie wore it. I think the look is just bad. And fairly stupid and just wrong. I think Kylie's was an LV, I don't remember, but it looks even worse here than it did irl. Glu's freakish glee at putting so much of KKJ controversial happenings, like this, and the whole trip to Havana, where the media said some not nice things about Kim's intelligence, or lack thereof, is really bizarre. I'm glad I stopped playing K&K. And for myself, I find the whole set of earnables atrocious as well as irresponsible and ill-thought-out. Ten-year-old kids who don't know any better, or are just not old enough to understand and/or make appropriate choices for themselves have their little dolls running around on dates and at photo shoots wearing do rags; unless they're POC they have no idea whatsoever they are, and are being made to look like mini idiots by adults who should know better.

I'm so glad I live in the Netherlands where white girls can wear du rags and black girls can wear blonde wigs without anybody giving a rats *** lol

Edit: I love Kylie's look in real life, I agree the remake is artrocious
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    Shannen wrote: »
    I'm so glad I live in the Netherlands where white girls can wear du rags and black girls can wear blonde wigs without anybody giving a rats *** lol

Edit: I love Kylie's look in real life, I agree the remake is artrocious
    I cannot believe you just compared a black woman wearing a blonde wig to a white person appropriating a culture that isn't theirs. Trust me, p.o.c in the Netherlands don't like it either when whites appropriate their culture. Please educate yourself before you come on here and belittle the concerns of p.o.c.

Thanks for the info isabeau, I didn't imagine what it was about.
    kiko.park wrote: »
    I cannot believe you just compared a black woman wearing a blonde wig to a white person appropriating a culture that isn't theirs. Trust me, p.o.c in the Netherlands don't like it either when whites appropriate their culture. Please educate yourself before you come on here and belittle the concerns of p.o.c.

kiko we're supposed to not talk about politics stuff here, but anyway I think I need to give my two cents since this subject seems to be constantly popping up here in this forum.

Yeah Shannen's comment feels out of the place, however you miss the point saying to her educate herself, the best scenario here would be you point out what's wrong about the post, I'm sure that anyone who posts here is open to hear opinions and learn from them.

Now imagine if she goes educate herself out there and stumbles on the Stormfront for example, they have 'strong valid' points there, and MOST of people can fell for them if they are searching to defend 'their' side.

Cultural apropriation has been discussed a lot these days on USA, for what I'm aware, makes sense since there is a lot of diversity there, but not all places are like this in the world. Yesterday I was watching TV and two black inmigrants from Africa that came to my country were talking that they never faced racism until the arrived here.

Their country has a lot of issues, but not this one since almost everyone shares similar skin tones there. On their words 'We thought that black people from here were complaining for free, that racism wasn't something real, until it happen to us'. I live in a country where half of the population is mixed or black and I asure you that most of the times people aren't aware of what's going on with that half.

However as a member of the LGBT community that is ALWAYS the minority of the minorities wherever we are in this world, I know that exist people willing to hear me and when I have this opportunity I take the chance and maybe those people will change their minds through my words of love instead if they go try to learn via other sources.

Hope you get it what I'm trying to develop, no offense. I'm here to listening to you.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for the info isabeau, I didn't imagine what it was about.

kiko we're supposed to not talk about politics stuff here, but anyway I think I need to give my two cents since this subject seems to be constantly popping up here in this forum.

Yeah Shannen's comment feels out of the place, however you miss the point saying to her educate herself, the best scenario here would be you point out what's wrong about the post, I'm sure that anyone who posts here is open to hear opinions and learn from them.

Now imagine if she goes educate herself out there and stumbles on the Stormfront for example, they have 'strong valid' points there, and MOST of people can fell for them if they are searching to defend 'their' side.

Cultural apropriation has been discussed a lot these days on USA, for what I'm aware, makes sense since there is a lot of diversity there, but not all places are like this in the world. Yesterday I was watching TV and two black inmigrants from Africa that came to my country were talking that they never faced racism until the arrived here.

Their country has a lot of issues, but not this one since almost everyone shares similar skin tones there. On their words 'We thought that black people from here were complaining for free, that racism wasn't something real, until it happen to us'. I live in a country where half of the population is mixed or black and I asure you that most of the times people aren't aware of what's going on with that half.

However as a member of the LGBT community that is ALWAYS the minority of the minorities wherever we are in this world, I know that exist people willing to hear me and when I have this opportunity I take the chance and maybe those people will change their minds through my words of love instead if they go try to learn via other sources.

Hope you get it what I'm trying to develop, no offense. I'm here to listening to you.

I am not talking politics, I am talking about not minimalising the struggles of p.o.c. It's also not my job to educate anybody, not here on the forum and not in real life either.

I respect your approach to situations like these though but as a half Asian, half Belgian person I am not the right person to point out why whites aren't allowed to wear cornrows, durags etc I educated myself by searching up things on the internet so I am sure she can as well.
    I admire your patience to educate others and I hope they truly learn from you.
    Good luck!
  • ShannenShannen Registered Users 159 Posts
    kiko.park wrote: »
    I am not talking politics, I am talking about not minimalising the struggles of p.o.c. It's also not my job to educate anybody, not here on the forum and not in real life either.

I respect your approach to situations like these though but as a half Asian, half Belgian person I am not the right person to point out why whites aren't allowed to wear cornrows, durags etc I educated myself by searching up things on the internet so I am sure she can as well.
    I admire your patience to educate others and I hope they truly learn from you.
    Good luck!

Thanks for all the information ladies, I wasn't trying to make someone mad just pointing out that where I live anybody is allowed to wear anything. Maybe I made the wrong comparison, I'm sorry
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Isabeau it's not that deep tbh it's just a piece of cloth that up until now no one thought or saw as someone else "cultural appropriating" since many people can wear them and I've never known it to be only something that a POC solely wears since they have them in stores and plenty of people wear them they're just sometimes called something totally different in most stores. Not everything is meant to offend.

Shannen please don't apologise you are entitled to your thoughts someone else getting mad over it is their problem not yours continue to give your opinion or your view point, I do along with others get what you were trying to say without getting offended so easily over it but of course want theirs to be heard & valued. As a POC (POC isn't soley a black person it's Hispanics,Latinos, Arabics, Indians etc etc) don't see anything you said that was "belittling "the concerns of p.o.c. I've always stated that if you're not a POC then don't comment on anything you don't understand but think YOU understand, idc who you are IF you've never experienced what we've experienced then don't comment on it as if you have. I'm not chastising you since you are entitled to your opinion & it wasn't a bad one at all, in fact as a POC that "dorag" isn't insulting since some POC don't get mad over every little thing & make everything they see out to be racist which is basically all I seem to see on other social sites lately which quite frankly is getting a bit annoying since we're trying to create change not cause more issues that's gonna push us back , wearing a dorag is definitely not cultural appropriation to me and I'm sure it's not to a lot of other POC, since I see people from different countries and nationalities wearing these things for one dorags are supposed to be tight on the head not lose most men wear them to keep their hair wavy or when they get braids which is called a wave cap not a dorag. If wearing a dorag is such a big deal then it would be pretty interesting to see how a POC who finds that to be cultural appropriation would feel or have to say if someone that isn't a POC would say we're appropriating "french braids" or " goddess braids" which is something I've known only most people who aren't of colour to wear their hair like tbh, POC only really just started to wear their hair in this kind of style.

Kiko.park no comment

Vats i get what you're saying & it's awesome how you didn't belittle or dismiss Shannen's opinion but you did give your insight on it & tried to teach a little which is always a good thing however you're right this forum is supposed to be about the game not political views or whatever i don't understand how this came about tbqf. Just enjoy the game or hey don't play it.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Bikers of all shades shapes and sizes have adopted both the item and the term. 2 words....Helmet Hair. Guys and chicks alike all wear either a bandana turned do rag or a manufactured one like Kylies. So, just another little slant on the highly fashionable accessory at least in the world of Harleys and gas fumes. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts

I personally agree with you. In my opinion, if you're not black & wearing this, you're appropriating from black culture (hope this is the right way of putting it.) I won't be wearing this hairstyle because I'm a white girl and it wasn't meant for me. Us white people have ruined enough stuff throughout history. I do respect different opinions though; it's just not for me.
    Durags trace back to the slavery period, it's something that was only worn by black people for various reasons. Many black people will tell you it's cultural appropriation and as a non black person it's not your (or my) place to say it isn't. Listen to black people and respect their struggles.
    Goddess braids aren't even a white hairstyle..
    Someone voiced (Samurai outfit, seriously?) their concern about the hairstyle appropriating black culture and they had every right to do so. The halloween event outfits were racist as well. We are allowed to be upset about these things.
    All of this isn't even political: this is about respecting other people's cultures and I think the forum is a great place to share concerns since many players are p.o.c.

By commenting you restarted this discussion while I (and Isabeau as well I think) had already let it go since Shannen apologised.
    If you want to reply to this comment you can pm me so we can keep the forum a positive place where people can voice their opinions and concerns without being told it's not that deep.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.