Asian looking doll?

kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
As someone who is part Asian, I'm a little disappointed that there is no way for me to create a doll that looks Asian. I absolutely love that Glu thought about creating beautiful dark skin tones, afro haircuts (they could be better) and even cornrows for all the beautiful black people that play this game but it'd be nice if I were able to pick asian looking eyes to make it somewhat look like my ethnicity. It just feels a bit weird now to me.

I am not calling out other p.o.c who play this app though because I fully support representation of every race so I hope nobody sees this as an attack to them and I really don't want anyone calling them out or something because that's not why I made this post at all.

Hopefully something can be done about this in one of the next updates?

Comments

• Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    I think that glu is cooperate with all that black people skins/hairstyles because Kardashians/Jenners are dating mostly black men.
    Kim's husband is black, Khloe and Kris are dating with black man, Kylie has black boyfriend, even Kendall has black boyfriends I guess.
    It's not about unpopularity other race. Asians are just not in Kardashian/Jenner family so that's why we don't have any asian features in game.
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    Please check their other games: there are no possibilities either to create an Asian looking character. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Kardashians' obsession with black culture but very much so with the lack of representation of Asian people.

Like you're belittling black people by saying the only reason they are represented in this game is due to the Kardashians constantly appropriating their culture, rather than Glu wanting to represent more than just one race. You're belittling my concern by telling me the only reason I can't make my character look Asian is because the Kardashians haven't dated an Asian guy yet. What kind of nonsense omg what do I even do with this comment?
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    kiko.park wrote: »
    Please check their other games: there are no possibilities either to create an Asian looking character. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Kardashians' obsession with black culture but very much so with the lack of representation of Asian people.

Like you're belittling black people by saying the only reason they are represented in this game is due to the Kardashians constantly appropriating their culture, rather than Glu wanting to represent more than just one race. You're belittling my concern by telling me the only reason I can't make my character look Asian is because the Kardashians haven't dated an Asian guy yet. What kind of nonsense omg what do I even do with this comment?

I thinkkkkk you haven't been around long enough to know that Lulu knows what's she's talking about. And she didn't slight anyone. Truth is truth. Lulu is always very sweet and it's *you* who is insulting *her*. Why don't you contact Glu and tell them you're looking for Asian features? Really? She's belittling black people?? Don't come and start that b.s. in the forum; take it to Twitter and the rest of the haters. smdh This isn't a place for your condemnation. It's a freaking game. Go complain to Glu. Complain to Kim. You are clueless as to what's going on and why. So maybe you ought to be kind to others before you start throwing around all the garbage you've heard and read that you can stuff in a suitcase, and stop harassing other players. We don't care who you are, or what you are. Everyone here in the forum is equal. There are only two kinds of people in this world: good people and bad people. Which one are YOU? Oh wait. Don't bother. I've already guessed. Now I'm smfh. Check yourself. Doll.
    isabeau wrote: »
    I thinkkkkk you haven't been around long enough to know that Lulu knows what's she's talking about. And she didn't slight anyone. Truth is truth. Lulu is always very sweet and it's *you* who is insulting *her*. Why don't you contact Glu and tell them you're looking for Asian features? Really? She's belittling black people?? Don't come and start that b.s. in the forum; take it to Twitter and the rest of the haters. smdh This isn't a place for your condemnation. It's a freaking game. Go complain to Glu. Complain to Kim. You are clueless as to what's going on and why. So maybe you ought to be kind to others before you start throwing around all the garbage you've heard and read that you can stuff in a suitcase, and stop harassing other players. We don't care who you are, or what you are. Everyone here in the forum is equal. There are only two kinds of people in this world: good people and bad people. Which one are YOU? Oh wait. Don't bother. I've already guessed. Now I'm smfh. Check yourself. Doll.

Wow! I really love white people and how much they care about other races 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Honestly I'm not here to pick a fight, I'm too old for that tbh your comment was so extra and childish (harassing lmao?) I don't really know what to do with yours either.
    Anyway, I'll take both your advice and patiently wait for one of the Kardashians or Jenners to date an Asian dude so I, and many other players, can be represented in this game. Because that's basically what you're saying.
    And no, I won't be taking this to twitter: it has no point. I also would like to say that I've contacted Glu before writing my first post: I just wanted to know if there were others thinking the same.
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Oh goodness Isabeau, can you not stick to being a terrible person in one place? You talk about Good and Bad people, but you're right up there with some of the worst. I mean that literally -- every time I see you, it's shocking how a (presumably) grown woman can be the way you are. What happened to make you this incapable of being a decent person? And why do you have to let it out on others? You should not be allowed to interact with people until you get your stuff together. It can't be that hard to attempt to act like an OK human being, just once. I can't even tell you to get therapy, cause it's such an overused, cliché insult, but you have some legitimate issues and I'm assuming you let them out online (or you're one of those crazy people that show up in the news sometimes cause they acted out in public).

Stop harassing people. If you disagree, disagree on a topic, instead of pulling the 3-year-old equivalent of ad hominem. You rarely ever discuss anything, you just spew personal insults at people. If you wanna trash talk, do it in private. Your behavior isn't appropriate for public and it is disgusting.

(And FYI, I'm choosing not to address the original thread topic on purpose. Whether Kiko was right or wrong, your reactions are still mind-blowingly messed up.)
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I think one thing everyone can agree on is that we'd love to see more options for facial features in the game. It would be great to have more eyes, noses, mouths, face shapes, etc. I think it would be great if they included much more options, and were able to reflect more the range of features that people all over the world have.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    haftime wrote: »
    I think one thing everyone can agree on is that we'd love to see more options for facial features in the game. It would be great to have more eyes, noses, mouths, face shapes, etc. I think it would be great if they included much more options, and were able to reflect more the range of features that people all over the world have.

Thank you so much for staying on the topic. This is exactly what I want as well because now it is just too limited.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey guys,

Please be respectful of each other on the forums.

As for your suggestion to add Asian dolls to the games, I will share your idea with the team. Thanks for your input.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    Thank you KalindaKing! I think it could be interesting feature in game.

I have never said I don't want it. So calm down the emotions. I just represented my opinion and you were the one who disagreed with it, kiko.park, by saying "What kind of nonsence omg" and get angry immediately.

People these days... 😕
  • lenainclenainc Registered Users 51 Posts
    Sahbd wrote: »
    I miss that too and and I'm not even asian. Representation matters

It most certainly does, regardless of whom dates whom. I'm sure there would be a much larger backlash if the Kardashian/Jenners only dated white people, where Glu would only implement white skin tones.

I agree with Kiko, she has a point. It was only a suggestion and there's no need to throw personal attacks on anybody else. Give people some space for freedom of expression/suggestion instead of entering irrelevant points that have gone off topic.

Thanks @KalindaKing for putting it forward, I'm sure we're going to see some great updates in the future. :-)
    Lena
    🌹Retro Rose🌹
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    I definitely agree with kiko.park and Kalinda. We do need more facial features of different ethnicities, Asian being one of them. And we should all be respecting each and everyone on here, ladies & gents. Let's not turn a fun experience into something that is no longer enjoyable.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Cmon guys, big hug.

H0OjTZT.gif

Ok I'm Asian too and I like the idea of having to make my doll more Asian looking. I remember I had this issue when Vats made his Wed thread and we had to dress our KKH dolls like our RL selves and... I couldn't lmao. I actually think Emily, our BFF, look Asian. Right? At least to me.

Thx Kalinda for suggesting to the team!

If it does happen, I hope Asians do not get stereotyped into only having tiny slit eyes or something. But if it doesn't, I'm like totally okay with my current dolls' appearances.
    PM to add
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I want to encourage you all to be civil to each other. Further public arguing and name-calling between members will result in bans. If you are unable to stay on topic and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, please use the private messaging system. We want to keep the Glu communities welcoming to all members, old and new, and this kind of behavior is not something we condone. Thank you for understanding.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I want to encourage you all to be civil to each other. Further public arguing and name-calling between members will result in bans. If you are unable to stay on topic and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, please use the private messaging system. We want to keep the Glu communities welcoming to all members, old and new, and this kind of behavior is not something we condone. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for this reply. I honestly didn't expect things to get this out of hand and I'd like to apologise for it. The fact that someone even explicitly said they would not give their opinion on what I posted but rather wanted to call someone out for god knows what is just really disappointing to me..

Thank you for telling Glu about us wanting more racial diversity in the game, I really appreciate it. And again, sorry for things getting out of hand.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Cmon guys, big hug.

H0OjTZT.gif

Ok I'm Asian too and I like the idea of having to make my doll more Asian looking. I remember I had this issue when Vats made his Wed thread and we had to dress our KKH dolls like our RL selves and... I couldn't lmao. I actually think Emily, our BFF, look Asian. Right? At least to me.

Thx Kalinda for suggesting to the team!

If it does happen, I hope Asians do not get stereotyped into only having tiny slit eyes or something. But if it doesn't, I'm like totally okay with my current dolls' appearances.
    omg I thought the same thing! Even her last name sounds Chinese :) I really can't wait to make my characer look more like myself.
    Thank you for this lovely reply btw ��