Weekend event 20-22

2Next

Comments

• Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    In KK:H it costs 60 stars to open a box, that too is more than $5 in real life. So the pricing is fair!

The event starts in 50 mnts, right ?

Hey, Bilal! I love seeing you in the game! K&K Events usually starts every 7 PM Central TimeZone for me... The only event that starts a few hours early is the #KrewGoals events.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Oh I see, thanks for the info! :)

Though I was thinking for the guys ... I can open 6 boxes for 2,880 gems so what's the point in spending 4K gems ?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    Oh I see, thanks for the info! :)

Though I was thinking for the guys ... I can open 6 boxes for 2,880 gems so what's the point in spending 4K gems ?

I'm not really sure... usually they would have new prizes for guys when it comes to SuperStar events. I guess for now you could think of it as buying something that you would usually buy anyways with the addition of being rewarded with a free box! (that is if you spend enough)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Yea I don't mind the freebies, hehe.

Good luck! :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I want to see what everyone gets from their boxes! If you open boxes, post the results here! :D
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    1F81BA53-FD01-40D0-B559-E3B235D7987C.jpg

B614BC69-C7C1-429E-B51A-5E7843159B12.jpg

EBFD664D-C068-40D0-B384-D3CEB474D714.jpg

6E53150C-7476-46D7-82FB-C12E94D4CDD5.jpg

DB11293A-F108-4EBA-A90B-4D295D71F7FD.jpg
    8CED15EB-BF60-420C-9E74-2F51F4960BBB.jpg

BA21B86F-B12A-4015-A9B6-7BF016061A2E.jpg
    I'm really happy with what I got from the throwback boxes. :)
    I'm really happy with what I got from the throwback boxes. :)

Oh, you got some great stuff! :D:D Congrats!!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Why are we not getting 5 Gems for every gig we complete? We used to get that but it was not added with the last Spend Your Gems event either. Right now I have spend the amount of Gems I wanted during this event so now there is nothing to keep me playing the entire weekend...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    I did win some great items:

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Spicyygal wrote: »
    Wow LindaVB, you had a handful of hairstyles available in your palettes! I didn't think Glu would make it possible hah, so I'm in awe. Also, congrats on your winnings doll! I like the multi coloured dress =)

Thank you, I'm very happy with my winnings!
    Yes there were so many hairstyles in my palettes! I'm happy to see they did not put them in the fina palettes, like they did in KKH!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    8CED15EB-BF60-420C-9E74-2F51F4960BBB.jpg

BA21B86F-B12A-4015-A9B6-7BF016061A2E.jpg

I won that pants too. They are terrible honestly. They look like from 70', I know my doll won't ever wear them. Maybe on Halloween :D
    And in my second box I won some earings. I really don't care about them, because I don't like earings in this game. I would prefer rings.

I didn't win anything special, but I do enjoy it and I am looking forward to next throwback event! More throwbacks in future, please.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's what my dolls won:

2hcovp2.jpg

35n1ve0.jpg

I can't even picture myself participating on a V.I.P./throwback event in the nearby future that often. The ridiculously overpriced boxes is just way too much for me. Smh.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    tHK6KvV.png?1
    0TYX2qQ.png?1

Got these 2 hairstyles, unfortunately it wasn't enough to put me in good terms with the game again, not feeling encouraged to play it. I wish I had more things to do than just dress up my doll.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Jane AireJane Aire Registered Users 4 Posts
    I think that throwback boxes are a great idea. There are so many beautiful items we didn't get, this is a real chance to get some of them. There are just two things that aren't working on this event: the 480kgems to spend to open them and no free gems when we get 5 stars to gigs. Glu, please, never forget that this is a game not an online shop, the most important thing is create games we can play. If a game is too expensive, well, most of us prefer take off the game, go outside and do some real shopping.
    Platform iOS
    I agree with Vats. We need CONTENT. Things to do. I am a huge fan of the game and believe so strongly in the potential that it has. Like I said in another post, maybe this update was so tiny because the anniversary one will be huge? V3.0?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • KieranKieran Registered Users 52 Posts
    I was so excited to see Throwback Events but 480 K Gems for one giftbox is an actual insult. I can understand putting the price up from 80 K Gems to, say, 180 K Gems but not that much.
    Major? *nods head* major ...
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    480 k-Gems for one single box is abusive, to say the least.
    Kieran wrote: »
    I was so excited to see Throwback Events but 480 K Gems for one giftbox is an actual insult. I can understand putting the price up from 80 K Gems to, say, 180 K Gems but not that much.
    Paty wrote: »
    480 k-Gems for one single box is abusive, to say the least.

These were my initial thoughts, as well, but then I thought more about it and it actually equals about the same amount you'd pay in KKH for a throwback box. The only difference being that in KKH, there are more ways to earn k-stars. But as far as the actual monetary value, it's the same.
    Daily iOS KKH player
    Oh, and can I just say that I'm glad they included box items too! And not only earnables we missed. I really appreciate that Glu, so thank you. :D
  • KieranKieran Registered Users 52 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    These were my initial thoughts, as well, but then I thought more about it and it actually equals about the same amount you'd pay in KKH for a throwback box. The only difference being that in KKH, there are more ways to earn k-stars. But as far as the actual monetary value, it's the same.

I don't play KKH so I wouldn't really know the difference/similarity, aha.

I'd have no problem paying for K Gems with money, but I found out that the price for those have risen in the UK. It was £14.99 for 1760, now it's £19.99.

On the other hand, these are the items I earned from the six I opened. The last one I didn't screenshot but I won the shoes.

8y9tmw.jpg
    2s7e1eg.jpg
    sc80sk.jpg
    21aeeyv.jpg
    2n7m59c.jpg
    sq09c2.jpg
    Major? *nods head* major ...
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I have been saving my K-gems for a good Super Star event. Really appreciate that we can earn TB items. I believe TB boxes will be in other types of weekend events as earnables. I think that's what Kalinda meant. I spent enough in the closet for Jon to earn 4 TB boxes.
    Glu, could you please change the price tags in the closet. It's always a few gems short to reach the next tier. I would rather have price tags in hundreds instead of ending with 49/99.

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Spent more for Angeline. I really like the faux coat. :)

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

Please bring back earn 5 gems for each gig we do during Super Star events! Thanks!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Same here Angeline! I was so close on my other game to open up the second throwback box that I had bought like one more accessory for my doll; in order to reach the required mark. I realized that I'm way more picky when it comes to my shopping choices on K&K than KKH hahaha :D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Same here Angeline! I was so close on my other game to open up the second throwback box that I had bought like one more accessory for my doll; in order to reach the required mark. I realized that I'm way more picky when it comes to my shopping choices on K&K than KKH hahaha :D

I know right? Same as you, I'm very picky about spending K-gems than KStars. 4000 K gems just seem a lot for each super star event.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    As others have mentioned, Glu would be wise to reintroduce the 5-gems per gig gift from earlier superstar events. We have no incentive to continue playing the game this weekend after spending our gems and opening our boxes. If we had a reason to keep coming back all weekend, if we got to grind for gems, we would be more inclined to want to buy more stuff for our dolls! Maybe we'd be more tempted, or just have more positive feelings about the game in general.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • lizkkglizkkg Registered Users 2 Posts
    i agree. 480 is completely ridiculous without any incentive - a 5 kgem bonus on 5 star tasks or ANYTHING - because without paying real money, there is no real way to save enough from spending them at the last weekend event. there definitely needs to be more ways to win kgems in this game, even if there's just more achievements (can we please have one for buying furniture in houses!!). i struggle every week to even get 80 gems. and of course more storylines because i am so bored lol, the only thing that's saved this game is the krew feature even though it's super buggy.
  • Princess GarciaPrincess Garcia Registered Users 14 Posts
    Well there goes all the kgems I saved up lol. I really do appreciate glu for adding TB event boxes i really do. But **** 480kgems is a little bit too much 😔 if only they could lessen it up a little bit. Not everyone can buy kgems to save up for events like this.