Finally got 600 Candy & Got Pirate Costume.. Anyone else?

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
I FINALLY got the 600 candies and got the entire pirate costume. Anyone else? I like the Red riding Hood better but I'm not getting Halloween boxes to get it and 75 K Stars is insane for it, so no luck there.

I was worried with all the glitches but I was able to get the red shoes so I wore them and did house parties and used the 1hr "chat" with my 4 guests. That gave me extra candy and then when the party ended I got the candies plus the bonus candies. What a stressful event!!

I'm glad it's OVER!! Anyone else complete it?
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Yay! Congrats! I'm glad you managed it after all the glitches you experienced.

I am edging now :3 Should have it in the next hour or so :)
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Yay! Congrats! I'm glad you managed it after all the glitches you experienced.

I am edging now :3 Should have it in the next hour or so :)

Yay!! This was tough with the glitches. I truly didn't think that I would get it.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Sab4r1elSab4r1el Registered Users 101 Posts
    Completed my pirate costume last night. But I still need the dress to go with the red hood and black tights with red shoes. Hoping tomorrow's Halloween gift box delivers.
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    I am still working on it. I don't understand the house party reference. How does that help you get candy? I thought it was only professional gigs?
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I am still working on it. I don't understand the house party reference. How does that help you get candy? I thought it was only professional gigs?

No house parties do!! You can have a party and then invite guests. So I ised my Miami House which allows 4 guests. Every hour you can "small talk" with your guests. So that gives you extra bonuses, like energy, extra stars and candy. Then if you are wearing any of the pieces of clothing from the riding hood costume you will get 6 bonus candies when it's done. A house party that is 8 hrs would take me less then 4 hours and yielded 20 candies for completing. then I got 6 bonus candies for the tights and red shoes. Then each hours my guests would give me a candy. So 4 guests was 4 candies an hour.

So an 8 hour party was done in 4 hrs with 42 candies :)
    Does it help to wear items from the riding hood costume to the professional events to get extra candy?

Also what is the benefit of doing the party instead of the gigs?
  • CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I FINALLY got the 600 candies and got the entire pirate costume. Anyone else? I like the Red riding Hood better but I'm not getting Halloween boxes to get it and 75 K Stars is insane for it, so no luck there.

I was worried with all the glitches but I was able to get the red shoes so I wore them and did house parties and used the 1hr "chat" with my 4 guests. That gave me extra candy and then when the party ended I got the candies plus the bonus candies. What a stressful event!!

I'm glad it's OVER!! Anyone else complete it?

Yeah I did. I finally completed it last night. So now I have one complete costume, and only need the shoes for the red riding hood costume. Luckily, I remembered where the hood was when I did my Halloween box the first day, and it was in the exact same place the second time, so I got it. I was so relieved.

But does anyone know, once you retrieve the costume, is there any other use for gaining the candies from projects, etc.?
  • CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    Does it help to wear items from the riding hood costume to the professional events to get extra candy?

Also what is the benefit of doing the party instead of the gigs?

Yes, if you have items from the boxes, any of them, wear them to every project, and party. It gives you bonus candies.

Parties are just another way to gain candies/stars when we have these events. Always throw a party! :)
  • TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I was able to get the pirate costume as well. :) I was freaking out that I wouldn't get them in time, because of the Halloween items. But thankfully, they were fixed in time xD
  • wensiewensie Registered Users 62 Posts
    Me too... I've completed the pirate Halloween project today... No luck in opening the Halloween gift box for the red riding hood costume and hood...
    BOOYAHH! Got the completed the Pirate outfit :3 All I need from the Halloween gift boxes is those fangs! But I'm not too fussed about them admittedly xD
    I still need 301 candies. Do I even have a chance with only 14 hours left? Any pointers? I am getting 5 stars on every event and getting the gold exta bonus on each as well it just has been slow with having to wait between events for energy to recharge. Any help is appreciated.
    I found doing 8 hour projects was best and wearing as many of the Halloween giftbox clothing as possible (if you have any). These give you a bonus. Tapping on the Halloween tappables helps too :)
    I have the tights with the red shoes from the gift boxes and so far I have won the pirate hat. I helps to wear those even if it keeps you from getting the bonus star?
  • AndreaxxAndreaxx Registered Users 26 Posts
    finally got them! I thought I want going to get all of the pirate costume and finished 3 8 hour parties in 1 hour each. I did level up in between 2 of them so that helped a lot. So relieved but now I need to get the other dress, mask, and fangs. Hopefully I get them in the last 3 boxes because I only have 15k stats. I would have more but I keep hitting the charm instead of the one where you don't use the stars.
  • AndreaxxAndreaxx Registered Users 26 Posts
    I still need 301 candies. Do I even have a chance with only 14 hours left? Any pointers? I am getting 5 stars on every event and getting the gold exta bonus on each as well it just has been slow with having to wait between events for energy to recharge. Any help is appreciated.

I surprisingly had about that much left around the time you posted this and got the dress and boots with 2 hours to spare. I did the 8 hour parties after I found out they count and did the Miami house where you can have 4 people. I finished the last 3 in 1 hour each.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I won't get it - I miss almost 70 candys and have less than an hour.. :( I got the hat and the boots but the dress no
    I didn't know you get candys from parties.. I'm stuck with this stupid competition with Willow - 6 hours
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I finished up yesterday. I was going so crazy. I had a 24 hour gig - thought it would give me a lot of candies - and in the middle, I'm running around scrounging for candy. Walked away, came back and forgot what I was doing, and ended up taking an 8 hour fashion shoot...........RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 24 HOUR thang. Thought I lost my mind. Now I'm scrambling around trying to finish the 8 hour shoot, so I can go back and finish the 24 hour one. So, it is possible to be doing a poo load of gigs at the same time. Dangerous if your a scatterbrain like me Sassy, I hope you ended up with the dress. If not - how about today's dream of Jeannie number?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • lizanneyounglizanneyoung Registered Users 7 Posts
    I finished up yesterday. I was going so crazy. I had a 24 hour gig - thought it would give me a lot of candies - and in the middle, I'm running around scrounging for candy. Walked away, came back and forgot what I was doing, and ended up taking an 8 hour fashion shoot...........RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 24 HOUR thang. Thought I lost my mind. Now I'm scrambling around trying to finish the 8 hour shoot, so I can go back and finish the 24 hour one. So, it is possible to be doing a poo load of gigs at the same time. Dangerous if your a scatterbrain like me Sassy, I hope you ended up with the dress. If not - how about today's dream of Jeannie number?

I too got the pirate costume yesterday. I have the black lacey mask and red riding hood hood from the Halloween boxes, hoping for the dress and shoes, since there are still three more boxes available. Almost done with the party at Kim's house, so then I should get the genie costume. Hoping to have all three costumes!