Transferring phones? With game?

Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
I have an iPhone if I transfer to another iPhone will I still have all my progress? Or will it be lost?
I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire

Comments

• TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    Saving it to the computer
    I can't tell if you're saying this doubtfully or just stating lol :S
    Lol I was actually asking lol
    Oh okay lol. So yeah, your game data will be saved to your computer. That way, when you get your new phone, you can just transfer the data over using iFunBox. However, I heard that you can't transfer data if you are upgrading to an iPhone 6.
    Ok so if I don't have a computer its just best to keep my current phone if I don't wanna start over?
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    The best way to transfer game data between iphone devices is by backing up the one with your game on to itunes. Then once you have done this connect your new iphone and click restore from backup. This will transfer all backed up data including game data to the new device :3
    So in Mileys_Mommy's case, it would be better for her to keep her current phone then? I'm using this as a reference, http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1420 , but I could be wrong though. :3
    By the looks of it she would be better off. She will need a computer in order to make the backup on itunes :/ As for the link that isn't it at all for backing up your device. This is what you need to follow: http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT1766 but tbh the one here on the forums is a lot more indepth from my memory and I wouldn't trust the icloud backup completely :/

But Miley could try the icloud way. It wouldn't hurt I guess seeing as she would have her old device still with it on.

The forum thread is this one http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?594-What-is-the-best-path-for-quot-changing-devices-quot&highlight=path+changing+devices
    Ah okay. And sorry for the confusion. I meant to use the link to show that she would need a computer :3

"You need to authorize your computer before you can use it to sync or play content that you downloaded from the iTunes Store ... To authorize your computer, you need to have access to it. You can't authorize a computer using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."
    Ohhh haha! Yeah you need to do that before you can sync your device with itunes. It usually pops up as an alert when you first connect it. Well, it has for me in the past anyway :3
  • tarshhartarshhar Registered Users 4 Posts
    Hi, do you know if this still work if you are upgrading to an iphone 6? Ive read some things that says it doesnt work on there
    Ok thank you guys I currently have the 5s so I think I'll just stick with it until I get a computer I don't wanna lose everything