New To the Forum... Love the Game, need some help please!

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm sincerely hoping some of you experts on the game, or Glu admin can help answer a few things for me :)

I'm pretty addicted to the game lol. Started playing in November and am Number #1... on Level 28, have 2 Cars, 5 Homes, 2 Pets, Married Dork (ermm I mean Dirk!), pretty much all the clothes, including all the bonus Xmas & New Years hair, shoes, dresses, etc... whew! Ok... so.... I have a few questions.... I REALLY hope someone can answer for me please.

1) I have been STUCK on Level 3 (Achievements) "Big Spender" at 91% for WEEKS. I saved up and Just spent over $90,000 + over 100 K Stars on clothes, pets, cars, Paris & London lofts, still at 91% WTH??? I also bought rounds of drinks, Vintage wine at Oak -Tons- of times ($650!) threw parties in Paris, London, Miami & LA & still its at 91% (Level 3) doesn't budge!? I'm maxed at Level 5/100% on EVERYTHING ELSE (except the new "Catwalk" Achievement, which is also stuck... at 10%! no matter how many runway shows I do??) Can someone please enlighten me... what's up with this?

2. Was Married to Dirk... no matter how many dates we went on, could Never get out of the Top 40 (figured it was cuz he's a D-Lister)... so I broke up with him. Have gone on many dates with an A-Lister (Anthony Perry) get raving tweets.. yet we stay at #100... Why??? sooo frustrating!

3. Can we change our network contacts, to potential dates somehow? Now that I'm single, all the cute contacts I have are stuck on blue stars... instead of pink hearts. There's no one to date! Do we get to meet new people ever?

4. Simon is only giving me ONE good gig per day now.. there used to be SEVERAL... spaced 4-8 hours apart, daily... now only getting one every 24 HOURS? I worked with that other manager... Ryan Starr... said I liked him etc etc... he told me to think about switching to him, he said he would "be in touch" but I have heard nothing since! Now Simon only calls with these little filler gigs... nothing interesting... it's gotten so boring. Was working with Starr a mistake/trick?

5. There's usually something fun on the weekend, for prizes, stars, etc... lately nothing... just an offer for an outfit (love) to spend 80 K Stars :(

Ohh.... and I'm stuck on 312.5M fans... it never moves!

Thanks so much to anyone who may answer! ;)

Comments

• Rosie99Rosie99 Registered Users 64 Posts
    I filled out a ticket for a similar situation. I am stuck on "catwalk level 1 40%" I am on level 28, #1 A lister and maxed out at the 312.5 million fans (that's the highest we can get on this updated)

I keep doing fashion shows, get 5 stars, but it never moves. :(

I was stuck on big spender too, but got it to move up 2% ( whoo hoo) by choosing to tip on a date with my husband Dirk (he's #202 A lister) at The Oak in SoHo ( not tip the regular waitress , choosing tip as a choice on a date, it was in upper right side)

I'm stuck on couple 52 I think. I wonder if I should divorce him and marry someone closer to #1 to get closer to #1???
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thanks for your reply Rosie.... when I was married to Dirk he was a D-Lister (like #450 or something, while I'm #1 A-List)... I divorced him & started dating an A-Lister... tons of Expensive dates... NO movement from #100 on the couples list... maybe it was better to just stay married & be #41.

No matter how many times I "Buy A Round" or "Tip a Server" ($50) that Big Spender meter does not move! Even "Vintage Wine" for $650 does nothing... Ive tried dating in EVERY location... lots at Oak. ... also... buying 2 pets.. a Rover & Luxury SUV, loft in Paris & London... not to mention about 120 K Stars on hair & clothes... should have moved it some?!?

I'm convinced that buying the private jet wouldn't even move it!!! I mean, the freaking Range Rover was $20,000 & the SUV was $35,000! The dog in Miami was $15,000 (i love him!)

Hopefully the next update will fix things a bit :)

ps. in case anyone wasn't aware, when you go to your garage to change or "place" your vehicles... you can change their color (over & over again!)
  • TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I'm sincerely hoping some of you experts on the game, or Glu admin can help answer a few things for me :)

I'm pretty addicted to the game lol. Started playing in November and am Number #1... on Level 28, have 2 Cars, 5 Homes, 2 Pets, Married Dork (ermm I mean Dirk!), pretty much all the clothes, including all the bonus Xmas & New Years hair, shoes, dresses, etc... whew! Ok... so.... I have a few questions.... I REALLY hope someone can answer for me please.

1) I have been STUCK on Level 3 (Achievements) "Big Spender" at 91% for WEEKS. I saved up and Just spent over $90,000 + over 100 K Stars on clothes, pets, cars, Paris & London lofts, still at 91% WTH??? I also bought rounds of drinks, Vintage wine at Oak -Tons- of times ($650!) threw parties in Paris, London, Miami & LA & still its at 91% (Level 3) doesn't budge!? I'm maxed at Level 5/100% on EVERYTHING ELSE (except the new "Catwalk" Achievement, which is also stuck... at 10%! no matter how many runway shows I do??) Can someone please enlighten me... what's up with this?

2. Was Married to Dirk... no matter how many dates we went on, could Never get out of the Top 40 (figured it was cuz he's a D-Lister)... so I broke up with him. Have gone on many dates with an A-Lister (Anthony Perry) get raving tweets.. yet we stay at #100... Why??? sooo frustrating!

3. Can we change our network contacts, to potential dates somehow? Now that I'm single, all the cute contacts I have are stuck on blue stars... instead of pink hearts. There's no one to date! Do we get to meet new people ever?

4. Simon is only giving me ONE good gig per day now.. there used to be SEVERAL... spaced 4-8 hours apart, daily... now only getting one every 24 HOURS? I worked with that other manager... Ryan Starr... said I liked him etc etc... he told me to think about switching to him, he said he would "be in touch" but I have heard nothing since! Now Simon only calls with these little filler gigs... nothing interesting... it's gotten so boring. Was working with Starr a mistake/trick?

5. There's usually something fun on the weekend, for prizes, stars, etc... lately nothing... just an offer for an outfit (love) to spend 80 K Stars :(

Ohh.... and I'm stuck on 312.5M fans... it never moves!

Thanks so much to anyone who may answer! ;)

Hi. I know this thread was made a week ago, but I wanted to try to answer some of your questions.

1. It sucks that you wasted so much money >.< And don't buy the jet just to get the achievement, it won't help! xD I was stuck on my Big Spender achievement for the longest time until someone on forums mentioned that you could level it by going on dates at Restaurant Asadaux in Dubai. Specifically, I think you get it by doing the action on the table that costs 4 energy (Not relevant, but it's also a great place to date since you don't have to spend any money there lol). And regarding the Catwalk achievement, I think this thread will help http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?112531-catwalk-achievement-still-10-at-lvl20 :)
    2. I have no idea. I'm in the same situation as you were. I've been with my husband, Dirk, since October, but we're only #41. Maybe it just takes time lol. It just sucks that he dropped down to E-list xD
    3. Currently, it's not possible to change a network contact to a dating one unfortunately :/ You do meet new people, but it's not often lol.
    4. I personally didn't work with Starr. But I don't think that choosing him was a mistake, just a choice. The storyline just hasn't been updated yet.
    5. I think weekend events happen occasionally, not every week.

Btw, since you've leveled up all your other achievements, I have some questions lol. Did you level up barfly by buying drinks from waiters or did you do the drink actions during events/dates? I'm thinking the latter, but I just want to make sure since I hate wasting money lol xD Also, how did you level up glam? I'm currently lvl 4 (not sure how though xD). I've bought several clothes with cash and nothing happened. Did you have to buy K-star items?
    Hi Tami! :)

Thank you soooo much for your tips!!!

I will definitely try dating in Dubai to get my Big Spender meter moving.... so cool that it's free to date there... Incidentally so is "The Swan" in The Hamptons.... just finished a 4 hour date there for Free & even got a K Star for some reason.... Yay!

My Catwalk meter will Not move... even when tapping those specific actions. I've hit "pivot" like 10 times... nothing.

It's definitely a glitch :(

To level up on Glam... I'm pretty sure I just tapped change wardrobe & check make-up, on gigs.. buying clothes did help too. My android device does not offer me free K Stars for watching videos... so literally EVERYTHING I own, pets, cars, homes, clothes... I have bought by playing with cash I earned playing the game. I haven't spent any of my own real money yet, but will probably use my gift cards to buy the jet & get rid of the **** ads!

My "Socialite" & "Barfly" were stuck low down forever... until I started throwing tons of PARTIES! I went from Level 3 to Level 5 - 100%.. within a few Days of throwing parties whenever I had extra energy. Totally discovered by accident! Tapping "Social Drink" for Barfly will get you there SO Fast. In a 4 hour party, you can sometimes hit it 3-4 times... that makes things move really quickly... same goes for tapping in a bar. I found that "Buy A Round" or "Do A Shot" did next to nothing.

"Social Drink" is like magic ;)

As is "Socialize" for anyone trying to get "Socialite" Completed.

I wish they would add new achievements... miss working on them!

Me & my A-Lister hubby are currently #89.... at least we started moving after the update... but oh So slow!!! I thought that divorcing a D-Lister would make a difference... Nope.

Gonna try a date in Dubai next... fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again :)
    Just hit "Fancy Meal" (only 4 Energy) in Dubai.....
    Collected Level 3 on Big Spender with that first hit!
    It was FREE.... thinking of all that money I wasted... gah!

Never go on dates there... but all will be now!

Thanks So Much Tami!!!!! :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. Don't know why I just saw this, I'll try Dubai for dates, but, tbh, I'm always busy when Hubby says "I missed you" (As in you weren't there, as opposed to I miss you - which tells me he's thinking about me and can't wait to see me) lol so I pop into Miraggio Grandiose (lol) hit the 450$ bottle of wine (4Energy too) and wow. The hearts tumble down. I've tried to count but they disappear too quickly I've gotten as high as 12 hearts before they disappear and there are still plenty. So, if I have a little cash, but want to save my energy - I have finished a two hour date with 17 Energy left or so. Cost about 1000$, but I know the dates done for a day, and I can get busy earning more Cash for the next one. But, if I have more energy than cash, I will try Dubai.
    And the Catwalk? It seemed to go nowhere and suddenly yesterday morning in the middle of the Misty Levin photo shoot (or was it the fashion show? hmmm) I got the Catwalk Level up. Gave me one or 2 K Stars, some energy, cash, and yellow things. Now I'm on the 2nd Catwalk thing. It didn't appear to be moving at all and suddenly I broke through. So GOod luck. Just keep hitting all the little pivot and model type things in the event.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Just hit "Fancy Meal" (only 4 Energy) in Dubai.....
    Collected Level 3 on Big Spender with that first hit!
    It was FREE.... thinking of all that money I wasted... gah!

Never go on dates there... but all will be now!

Thanks So Much Tami!!!!! :)

You're welcome :) And thanks for letting me know about The Swan! I was afraid that it'd be like the Miraggio Grande lol >.>

Sorry to hear that the thread didn't help. But I'm sure koko's advice will :) Anyways, about doing parties, I didn't have a good experience with the one I did earlier today. I did an 8hr party in Calabasas, but in the 1.5 hours (got lazy lol) it took to finish, I didn't see "social drink" pop up at all. I checked all the rooms at least 4 times each just to make sure xD Maybe it was just that one party though. I'll try again later. I'll also try what you suggested for Glam.
    Have to thank you again Tami.

Ever since your tip, not only am I now at 80% Level 4 on "Big Spender" (will be totally Complete in no time) but dates in Dubai have worked like magic on moving us up the couple list... we've gone from being stuck in the high #90's to currently at #64!!! Nothing else has -ever- really moved that number, sometimes we jump 5-7 places on a 1 hour date! Only take dates in Dubai now... Crazy :)

All my parties that I accumulated "Social Drink" on, were at my place in Miami I believe. It pops up a lot... definitely right side of the screen. Try that!
    And the Catwalk? It seemed to go nowhere and suddenly yesterday morning in the middle of the Misty Levin photo shoot (or was it the fashion show? hmmm) I got the Catwalk Level up. Gave me one or 2 K Stars, some energy, cash, and yellow things. Now I'm on the 2nd Catwalk thing. It didn't appear to be moving at all and suddenly I broke through.

Lucky Duck!! ;)
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    thanks for the tips. i have always wondered about catwalk & big spender
    no i don't have any chill
    Have to thank you again Tami.

Ever since your tip, not only am I now at 80% Level 4 on "Big Spender" (will be totally Complete in no time) but dates in Dubai have worked like magic on moving us up the couple list... we've gone from being stuck in the high #90's to currently at #64!!! Nothing else has -ever- really moved that number, sometimes we jump 5-7 places on a 1 hour date! Only take dates in Dubai now... Crazy :)

All my parties that I accumulated "Social Drink" on, were at my place in Miami I believe. It pops up a lot... definitely right side of the screen. Try that!

Wow, I never got those results from dating at Dubai lol o.o I'm glad it's working out for you :) And with your advice, I'm close to maxing my barfly achievement, so thank you! I'll try going to Miami for my parties.

As for the glam advice, I tried doing the two actions (change wardrobe and check makeup) you suggested during a gig on my 2nd game. But instead of glam, they leveled up the "vanity" and "the look" achievements lol. Maybe it was just buying clothes that leveled up glam then?
    Alkoholiks wrote: »

You're welcome :)
    Glad Barfly is moving for you Tami :)

Glam might be from buying stuff only, can't remember... sorry!
    Alkoholiks wrote: »

You're very welcome... it's awesome to help each other :)
    Tami wrote: »
    Wow, I never got those results from dating at Dubai lol

It's freaking amazing... we're in the Top 50 now!
    We were like #98 less than a week ago... & I'm almost complete on Big Spender!

Given, I'm pretty much only going on dates out of sheer boredom. My game is completely stuck.. After completing the Opening of the Hamptons pop up store with Kim & Kourtney..... NOTHING... no calls, no quests... nada :(
  • Rosie99Rosie99 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Thanks Tami!

I went on a bunch of dates in Dubi and my big spender went way up. Then I did an 8 hour fashion show and pivot came up once and I went up 10%!

Now does anyone know how to make the glam achievement go up?
    Rosie99 wrote: »
    Thanks Tami!

I went on a bunch of dates in Dubi and my big spender went way up. Then I did an 8 hour fashion show and pivot came up once and I went up 10%!

Now does anyone know how to make the glam achievement go up?

You're welcome :) I'm not sure, but I think you have to buy K-star items.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I've been getting pivot up more when I click the little ones around the figure, like 'smile with eyes' 'Head tilt' and another I forgot by but clicking those give me more pivots. And then, I suddenly went to Catwalk 2 over the weekend. Just saying that worked for me.

Glam, I think you get that for KK items in your wardrobe. Maybe not.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary