No weekend event?

SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
Okay so in my part of the world it's after 6 pm (friday) usually by this time I already get the weekend event. I wonder if it's another glitch in my game (I've been plagued with them recently SMH) or is there really no new event this weekend ?
GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
Prev1

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Where I am, NY, the event usually hits about 12 Noon Eastern. It's 3 1/2 hours till then, and I'm sure an even will be up. If you're used to getting them by now, it's got to be frustrating, but I think it's too early to panic. Maybe it's so good, it is taking extra time to roll out?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Where I am, NY, the event usually hits about 12 Noon Eastern. It's 3 1/2 hours till then, and I'm sure an even will be up. If you're used to getting them by now, it's got to be frustrating, but I think it's too early to panic. Maybe it's so good, it is taking extra time to roll out?

Oohh I sure hope so, koko. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

OMG. Can you imagine how the forum will explode with frantic players if nothing comes through? So, relax, that's like Macy*s saying "Yeah, we're not having any January White Sales this year" (ok, first of all, I've never been to a January White Sale, but I've just heard about them, and read about them, and it's like a major sale when sheets and towels and blankets and things go on a huge sale and women supposedly purse belt each other out of the way while fighting their way through all the linens.) So relax, and let's wait together. Think of this thread as a friendly line outside a venue waiting for a ticket booth to open up. Anyone bring folding chairs? I have a thermos of er.......ice tea. (I'm from Long Island so.........heh heh) we can pass it around and sing songs and tell jokes while we wait.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi Koko! I married into Long Island people, so we visit both the Three Villages area and the Merrick area. It's not the Hamptons (especially not Merrick!) but I always have fun visiting. Jones beach, the eastern harbors, the diners! We don't have 24-hour diners in New England, Wah! Love the food...

Hope this waiting line is someplace beautiful, because I'm joining you! Then again, when you mentioned the 'iced tea', I was in, no matter what!

No event-- I'd be cranky all weekend, and too embarrassed to explain why! Here's hoping!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Lol you guys are awesome. You make waiting so much more fun than it actually is. *hand hugs* LOL

• WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    *waits patiently.. sort of*
  • LisaPizzaLisaPizza Registered Users 20 Posts
    Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, HURRY UP weekend event! I am so impatient! (Would love a bit of that iced tea though while we wait, if you're passing it round, kokokokonut, mmmmm) x
    Long Island Ice Tea is all gone. But I have some Kris Jenner Martinis.
    MartiniKris_zpsdf942293.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    No event-- I'd be cranky all weekend, and too embarrassed to explain why! Here's hoping!

LOL... my hubby already thinks I'm nuts with this game ;)

Him: "So....you're just tapping stars and stuff?"

Me: "Pretty much yeah"
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I feel like there were too few special gigs in this update, so it would be cruel of them not to give us an event this weekend. I'm sure it will be something like "Enjoy our supermegafoxyawesomehot event of buying a dress and a ring for 80 KStars" tho... *sigh*
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Me: "Pretty much yeah"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you're also putting on pretty pretend shoes, and virtual shiny jewelry, and you're having pretend cat-fights with a pixelated bully, and... Um... um... <crickets chirping loudly>

That's why this forum is important. See, now we're doing a silly thing TOGETHER! Now you're being strange with friends, not just strange alone!

I feel like there were too few special gigs in this update, so it would be cruel of them not to give us an event this weekend. I'm sure it will be something like "Enjoy our supermegafoxyawesomehot event of buying a dress and a ring for 80 KStars" tho... *sigh*

Hmm, that might be pushing it--where it was kinda unpopular last weekend-- two weeks in a row. Hope not!

• LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    If Sassi said its after 6 where she's at, on a Friday, then I don't think there's a weekend event. It's already 2 where I am, eastern and so far nothing. She would of gotten it by now.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
    Long Island Ice Tea is all gone. But I have some Kris Jenner Martinis.
    MartiniKris_zpsdf942293.jpg

I'm not sure I could actually put my mouth on a Kris Jenner martini!

If Sassi said its after 6 where she's at, on a Friday, then I don't think there's a weekend event. It's already 2 where I am, eastern and so far nothing. She would of gotten it by now.

Yeah, it's looking pretty doubtful right about now... Ugh!

Yay!!!!!

There's an awesome event starting!!! :)
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Guys, it's here! I was almost right... We can get a pretty dress and a braclet for 87 KStars... But also we are getting a KStar for every 5-star rating on gigs! So yay, something good!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Wish wrote: »

Lol mine is pretty much the same. I do love showing off my pets , tho lol

I don't think we'll be getting a weekend event this time, guys. It's already after 12 AM (Saturday) in Islamabad, where I'm at. *sigh*

Sassi wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be getting a weekend event this time, guys. It's already after 12 AM (Saturday) in Islamabad, where I'm at. *sigh*

Check ONE more time, Sassi!

Wish wrote: »

Now you can tell him you're having virtual martini's with Kris Jenner's head on the olive toothpick. See what he does then. lol.

And the aforementioned dressing up and having your picture taken. When Mr. Kokonut asks why I'm spending so much time on the game, I usually look up and ask sweetly "Shall I turn off the game and start shopping online for another purse?" Then he swallows hard and replies "I'll bring over your other 2 devices Honey."

Check and Mate.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ha ha koko... well played!! ;)
    Yayyyyyyyyy it's here !!! *happy dance* I probably won't sleep all night now lol

• LisaPizzaLisaPizza Registered Users 20 Posts
    Just spotted LuzVarias looking GORGEOUS in the new dress in the game! x
    Ah yes, as my son told me, it's called grinding. It will be a grinding weekend. OMG! Another weekend to fatten up our KStar wallets. Ooooooh Oooooooh. I forgot to tell you all,

I accidentally hit charm instead of chat. :( A box popped up for us to confirm! I was able to say no and save my KStars! Yes, Yes, Yes, (luncheonette scene with Meg Ryan When Harry met Sally) YES! They heard us, and realized it was the right thing to do. Now, don't try it to make sure, we all know devices and games are different, so give it time or unless we get confirmation. So Still be careful.

I'm just wondering....maybe they're helping us earns lotsa KStars....because who knows? A Valentines Sale or something next weekend. OK, A Doll kan dream kan't she? Oh, I just made a pot of French Vanilla Coffee. 3:30 in the afternoon. Who's gonna play till she melts the screen?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LisaPizza wrote: »
    Just spotted LuzVarias looking GORGEOUS in the new dress in the game! x

And you're resplendent in shimmering green! You're too kind...

I'm just wondering....maybe they're helping us earns lotsa KStars....because who knows? A Valentines Sale or something next weekend. OK, A Doll kan dream kan't she? Oh, I just made a pot of French Vanilla Coffee. 3:30 in the afternoon. Who's gonna play till she melts the screen?

Me! Me! And I could do with some coffee too, thanks!

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Incidentally, watching this thread play out... the way it most often goes is iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Facebook. Sometimes Facebook and Amazon switch places. But it will take time for it to propagate through the stores as well- so one person may see it and another won't. Just in case you're wondering for next time. :)
    Sassi wrote: »
    Me! Me! And I could do with some coffee too, thanks!

Ok, up early with another pot of coffee. This time I'm putting those little caffeine shots in the cup as well. And lookie- I made cupcakes for breakfast for everyone. Caffeine, sugar rush - I think a lot of stars are being earned today!
    a99769_win03_cupcakes_xl.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    Ok, up early with another pot of coffee. This time I'm putting those little caffeine shots in the cup as well. And lookie- I made cupcakes for breakfast for everyone. Caffeine, sugar rush - I think a lot of stars are being earned today!
    a99769_win03_cupcakes_xl.jpg

Want one right now!!!! Loll
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p