Help! a few questions

HelphelpHelphelp Registered Users 124 Posts
I got engaged and I don't have enough money for the dress etc,. as long as I don't buy the dress yet I won't have to get married yet and nothing will happen right?

If I chose the money maker option for the comeback would I have made lots of money?

What's the best way to make money quickly? thanks

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I believe you get the event with the venue. Chad and Crystal or some other couple want the venue and they want 7500 for it. I paid, I don't know what happens if you don't pay, but the game can't demand cash you don't have. Maybe someone else refused payments? I think way back, someone said they got the venue anyway, so, I would play it by ear, see what happens if you don't take the venue. But as far as a dress, you don't have to buy a dress, you don't have to pay and decorate the venue. You can do as little or as much, it's all up to you.

But congratulations on your engagement, have you picked up your free engagement ring in the jewelry section of the closet/accessories? Such clarity. lol. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm engaged too, and haven't decided what to do yet-- not totally marriage-minded at the moment, but I do kinda like my fiancée. So I'm just going on daily maintenance dates while I think about it. Since I haven't bought the dress, like you, it's all on pause. It would be the perfect time to save up for the dream wedding options.

Hope it's great when you do it! Take screenshots of the venue and the tiny little ceremony. It's really short, and you'll want the souvenirs.

I'm blanking about the very best way to make money. I'll think about it, hopefully someone else will answer... I do like the shortest shifts at Kardash, the shortest parties, the shortest gigs Simon offers (those fluff gigs, non quest)... I think the most efficient way for me to make funds or fans, etc, is to do the briefest version of a task a few times in rapid succession. I just grind my way through a few tasks an hour. But I have free transportation (bought car, jet), so I can travel to grab more energy without eroding my profits.

I wish Bria would chime in. She's thrifty and efficient in KKH!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• HelphelpHelphelp Registered Users 124 Posts
    I have a mission to buy the dress though? Can I skip to the marriage without doing this? :)

I'm doing the longest party there is. haha
    Well, you'll make money, no matter what.

In the past, with another KKH avatar, I went all out for my wedding, so I can't tell you with authority. But one of Koko's GC friends sent her images of him marrying her in his game, while he wore ripped jeans! She found it funny.

*So I really do think that you can get married in whatever clothes you want.
    **That wedding dress goal won't leave, though, and it may be the trigger for meeting with the wedding planner. I think you can ignore the wedding dress once you buy it, but you have to buy at least the cheapest one. The wedding does require a chunk of money, no matter how few decorations you buy or how cheaply you get the venue. This is probably the most realistic aspect of the game.

• Princess DaisyPrincess Daisy Registered Users 238 Posts
    I didn't pay for the venue because i did't have 7500. I spend my money for the dress. They said i'm a copycat and i lost fans. And thats it. I will have wedding there anyway but now i have to wait for wedding photo shoot.
    And when the wedding planner (or whoever) pressures you to pay $7500 in order to get the venue away from Chad & Crystal, you can supposedly refuse to pay. I heard something about people losing some fans, or you being publicly called a copycat, but the venue itself would be cheaper. Did anyone else choose this path?

I bought the fluffy dress, but I did that before the "You have to buy a dress" edict came down, but just last week someone was verifying that they didn't have to buy the dress. Maybe it was earlier in the game. I know after the initial gowns came out, one (the one that was just like Kim's real dress) was removed, new ones were added and a few white dresses suddenly had the ring icon signifying Wedding Attire. Maybe it changed then. But I married 4 times, the android was married twice now divorced and enjoying the freedom, and the other two are married.

So, if you must buy the dress just save for it, and get the cheapest one. But then you can stall more before the wedding.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I didn't pay for the venue because i did't have 7500. I spend my money for the dress. They said i'm a copycat and i lost fans. And thats it. I will have wedding there anyway but now i have to wait for wedding photo shoot.

Perfect timing! Thanks so much for the information! I'm gonna do that someday, too.

Someone posted how after saying no to paying for the venue, they were allowed to just go in and use it. As you said, they lost fans and got bad press, but they saved the 7500 for the venue. Good luck and congrats again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    but just last week someone was verifying that they didn't have to buy the dress. Maybe it was earlier in the game.

Cool! But I wonder how you initiate the wedding sequence of events without buying the dress? All I have waiting for wedding-type goals seems to be Buy the Dress. Does anyone know this?

If I ever DO marry Luz off, I might have her wear something wildly inappropriate, just for the fun screenshots... It'd be fun to save money on an unused wedding gown.

I bought my dress 2 days ago. After buying a dress i had mission to speak to someone in Florence. You can check if you can enter to the venue in Florence. If not you probably have to buy a dress.
    You can check if you can enter to the venue in Florence. If not you probably have to buy a dress.

That was my memory of my previous experience, too. Thanks!

Edit: so I accidentally went into the Florence real estate option first, and got all excited for a split-second. But no, I can't go into Il Forte yet. Argh! Wedding dress...

Well, if you do have to buy the dress at least there are some options. But that's a good idea to dress wonky for the ceremony. I walked into the venue once, didn't know I was getting married, but I must have hit a wrong button, because there we were, getting married. I owned the dress, but I wasn't ready. ugh. No wonder that marriage didn't last. heh heh heh.

I now really wish I had purchased the white dress showing a lot of skin. I think it had the handkerchief hemline, not sure. It was expensive, but now I wish I had done it. I think it was a special weekend only thing. Sigh. Shoulda Coulda Woulda, right?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Good thing is your fiance will dress up by himself. Mine had a suit. And a baseball hat:/ I made some screenshoots but that hat...Is it possible to take it off? I tried by gifting but i can't see there any hats no more.