~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    So I got a new job where I need to dress professional. I have nothing to wear. Where can I shop online that’s affordable? I have maybe $100 to build at least 8 outfits. I have no clue where to look.
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @samaaanthaaa sometimes amazon has some really nice stuff for cheap! You have to dig around a little but I was able to find some things on there that worked. Also my suggestion would be to buy like 2 pairs of black dress pants and spend the rest on blouses!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    @samaaanthaaa
    8 professional outfits for $100 is impossible.

But I do have some suggestions ...
    1) Visit your local thrift stores.  Here in Pittsburgh we have both Red, White & Blue and Salvation Army thrift stores.  My mom says she finds better clothes at Red, White & Blue. 
    ** Tips for thrift store shopping -
    - Don't assume that all stores suck if you have bad experience at one 
    - Look for thrift stores near the nicer neighborhoods as you will usually find higher quality items
    - New inventory is always coming in so check back 
    - Don’t assume thrift store clothes are just old/worn out.  The stores are more selective than you think about accepting clothes donations and you can find brand new and barely worn clothes there
    - Really search the racks.  I promise you can find treasures if you put in the effort 
    - Thrift stores reduce prices as inventory stays there so learn their schedule 
    - Thrift stores have discount days.  Some places might have jeans 1/2 off every Wednesday or purses 25% off every Friday so learn them.  
    - Most Thrift stores offer Senior discounts so spend time with a grandparent by taking them with you. 
    2) Online shopping sites like eBay sell new and used clothes at reduced prices.  
    ** Tips for shopping on eBay
    - Learn the acronyms such as NWT (new with tags), NWOT (new with out tags), VG (very good) etc
    - Pay attention to shipping charges!!! This can really add cost
    - Look for a Seller who has multiple items in your size and request reduced shipping 
    - Know your sizes! 
    3) Friends & family - contact them and see if they have anything you can borrow until you can afford to purchase what you need. My guess is some will even give you a few things 
    4) “Professional” can mean a lot of things so make sure you know what’s expected at your workplace.  If you can wear pants, a couple pairs of black pants can get you through the week so you can focus on finding the right tops. 
    5) Marshall’s & TJMaxx sell professional clothes for reasonable prices.  Just like the thrift stores tip, search the racks! Especially Clearance 
    6) I have bought top quality, name brand, professional clothes for great prices by using coupons and searching sale racks at Macy’s and other department stores. 
    7) See if your city/area has non-profit groups that help women enter the workforce. These groups will provide women with the essentials. 

I hope this helps!

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love the thrift shop idea @HollySisk.  
    Indont know where you live @samaaanthaaa , but a lot of areas have programs for women needing to put together professional outfits for interviews and new jobs.  They are donated clothes, specifically geared for women entering/rejoining the work force.  Look at any women’s services in your area.  
    Congratulations. And good luck.   ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I've watched Midsommar 2x and can't wait to be the May Queen.
    Yes, I have insomnia.

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

OMG, how did I miss Vats was here?  @Vats Come, I exercise with you. 
    Except we'll switch hair colors and i'll wear Purple.

Hey, Nuthin wrong with a Dad Bod.  I know lots of Dads with great bods.  :)
    (BTW Dad bod is totally bogus term.  Nothing happens to a guys bod with motherhood. They just see it as an excuse to eat more "WE"RE pregnant"  No moron.  I am.  You could have been a fly by.  lol.

Back to my @VATS y , I'm really glad things are picking up for you.  I was becoming worried and was about to break out the carrier pigeons.   Ok, back to excersize with me.  and when we're done.....

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @samaaanthaaa I want to agree with @HollySisk that thrift stores are a great option for work clothes on a budget! Call and ask when they have their discount days and you can get way more for your money. I think you’ll need 1-2 pairs of shoes, one pair of trousers, one skirt, one dress, one sweater, one jacket/blazer and lots of blouses and tops to layer. Just try everything on and don’t pay much attention to the sizes on the tag — just eye it! 

I also recommend hosting a clothing swap in your living room! You can let your loved ones know that you’re looking for professional clothes. Clean out your closet and set aside whatever you don’t wear, and swap it with friends and family for some new items, and donate whatever’s left over!
    @jhabs @HollySisk @kokokokonut @Rikk Thank you all! Going to for sure wrangle up whatever I can. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I noticed something really fishy, I remembered a post that about the price of the nose highlight compared to k-stars and it was posted by @katiealexandraa and our prices our different so what’s that about?

edit: you notice I don’t have the “free k-stars button”
    @cntarr I might be wrong but I went back and saw the comment you meant, I think hers may be in CAD, which are slightly higher. Could be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @cntarr her prices are in Canadian dollars
    iOS
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos Thank you love!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thank you so much for the supportive words @SisSnappedLikeThanos 😍😍😍

Gosh @kokokokonut I don't even know how cookies taste anymore, my life is flavorless right now LOL

And uh...about that dad body thing... think we have different interpretations of the term, mine involves twinks and daddies, oh well... keep being pure my love😊😊😊

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    when you finally realize you're way hotter than Cassio anyway... 

Well since yesterday was the official day of Mean Girls, I remembered a post I made on an instagram that used to post looks of my doll and it was just when we had access to the wonderful Nars eyes but we still used SG eyes...

• cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    edited October 2019
                 As a tribute to @SisSnappedLikeThanos she made me a beautiful fan art of my doll, it is just really so sad to see a forum legend leave😢😢
    I was not paying attention to the game and Raul called and ask me for a date... I just pressed "lets just be friends" and he was like "ohh ok" IM SO DUMB

• nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    @kkhclarice if it makes you feel better, all of the "dates" with Raul were actually appearances and not real dates 😪

Does anyone else just choose flirt every single time that it's an option? Male, female, cute, ugly, don't matter -- if you give me a pink dialogue button I'm gonna smash it 😘

Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • TaekoNeekTaekoNeek Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    nubcake said:
    @kkhclarice if it makes you feel better, all of the "dates" with Raul were actually appearances and not real dates 😪

Does anyone else just choose flirt every single time that it's an option? Male, female, cute, ugly, don't matter -- if you give me a pink dialogue button I'm gonna smash it 😘

Yup, pretty much me everytime everyday w/ everyone LOL
    nubcake said:

I know! But I love the storylines with him 💕 
    I wish that our in game husby were more interactive. 
    Like Cassio and Raul fighting over me and he is at home with a smile on his face??????

• KatWalkerKatWalker Registered Users 174 Posts
    @kkh_clarice I went into my bel air living room and there was some ghost screaming something bout how Raul would never marry me and my npc husband was watching the whole thing like :-)

Speaking of the living room I updated my family portrait for spooky szn!

join my KK:H Discord chat server here!
    iOS player. add me in game on FB!
    I love this time of year because it's when the beauty world's holiday gift sets come out too. Currently obsessing over Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Moon advent calendar. It's expensive, but it's the first gift set collection where I want literally every product. That never happens! Every shade, beautiful. Every cream, need. 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @MollyMonroe I LOVE beauty advent calendars. Seems like they are finally catching on among US brands. For many years the best ones have all been from UK brands and so hard to obtain. I buy my mother the L'Occitane one every year!
    iOS
    @AliBryant
    Ooo the L'Occitane one is an excellent choice. I bet she feels so dreamy after getting it. 
  • NinellKKHNinellKKH Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Deleted.