~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    what does the jet and the roadster have to do with it? Don't confuse me. I'm hoping it's an earner/ with a side of special outfit for about 100Stars Not too much to ask, right?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    what does the jet and the roadster have to do with it? Don't confuse me. I'm hoping it's an earner/ with a side of special outfit for about 100Stars Not too much to ask, right?

A VIP event has meant spending Kstars to earn the prizes in the past...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Congrats Koko!!! So happy for you. Sassi, those pics were amazing. I love learning a little about people!! Luz is a biologist so cool!!

Thanks, Maura. It actually is a really exciting & interesting job, though the people I work with are terrifyingly smart and sometimes in meetings I can barely understand them! I soldier along with my flasks of cells.

We'd be curious to know about you, or see pictures of places that you love! How's Chicago treating you these days? I shudder to think... I imagine it's not too toasty.

• Maura AgustinMaura Agustin Registered Users 76 Posts
    Ha! Thanks for the reply and the gift Luz! No it's pretty cold here in Chi-town. I was born and raised here though so I'm used to it. Ummm....ok so, well I'm 35 and just got married at the end of November. My husband and I are both lawyers and went to the same law school over a decade ago, but I barely knew him. We ran into eachother on the El (subway). I come from a big crazy But hilarious Irish family, he comes from a small serious Filipino family. Both are similarly stellar groups of humans. We live in the city (both of us grew up in typical Chicago neighborhoods. Oh! Here is a picture of Chicago now, and one from the summer of the bridges near work.
    E021D017-9CAE-4AC5-8BE7-487AC6FBE227.jpg

C8FD6ABC-1CEF-4859-99EA-6152382303E5.jpg
    GC ID: Maura Agustin
    I love gifting those who gift me! Let's exchange!
    Wow, Very snowy there. Lovely pictures. Congratulations on your marriage, do you and your husband practice the same kind of law? Private practice or firms? My brother was an attorney in Minnesota and NY, and after a lot of school, it was a lot of hard work, but he loved it.

So if Luz ends up in the pokey for her shenanigans, can you help us spring her?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Oh wow very cool to read about what you guys do! A pilots license? Biologists? So interesting. Well I am exactly 6 months away from the BIG 3-0! I consider myself married but I'm technically not. Yet. But it'll
    Come. I've lived in Connecticut my whole life and have only gone to Florida when I was a kid and a few years ago took off to California with my best friend. It was the best time of my life. I'm terrified of flying. I have an amazing rescue pup that I love more than life. Me and my love are trying to have children. I am a professional mixologist (bartender) but a licensed one. I have been retired for two years though since my hubs didn't like me working so late (or the men hitting on me, but dang I made alot of money!!) So now I'm a stay at home mother to my fur baby and play KKH ALL day. I have attempted to go college twice but for different reasons had to withdrawal. My love is a Master Carpenter/ Builder who recently was featured in a magazine called Journal of Light Construction for having built the most energy efficient house in the country (it was actually for the people who created Barney, the dinosaur). So I've taken off some time from working to try and figure out what I want toreally do... and I have absolutely no idea. I suffer from extreme anxiety which really really hinders me at times but my puppy helps. I am also a recovering addict. I abused opiates hardcore among other things for about a decade. I have been sober for 1 year and 3 days. I see the difference in life now but am forced to face my anxiety issues head on because I cannot hide behind a drug any more so that can be hard. But I am thankful to wake up every day as it is. Life is short, very short, hug the ones you love extra hard. AND THAT MY FRIENDS, in short, is my story. Thank you ;) not as interesting as any of yours but we all have our own journeys, demons and angels.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    Good job facing life head-on, Breen! It's a struggle sometimes! My family has a history of anxiety issues; I was miserable as an adolescent, myself. (Then again, maybe that's the definition of adolescence.) Establishing my career and seeing that I could take care of myself calmed me down a bunch over the years! Meeting my husband, who's so chillllllll and unflappable, has also worked wonders for me. Now I feel just about steady, most of the time. Congrats to you on meeting the struggle every day.

Thanks for sharing the ticklish stuff. And good luck with the babies! I'm glad you have a good man to start a family with.

Also, thanks for telling us you're a bartender. You're probably gonna be needed for one of those sexy parties, sooner or later. Watch out for the enormous cakes, they're usually just Samurai or me sneaking in... Don't try to cut them or anything.

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Good job facing life head-on, Breen! It's a struggle sometimes! My family has a history of anxiety issues; I was miserable as an adolescent, myself. (Then again, maybe that's the definition of adolescence.) Establishing my career and seeing that I could take care of myself calmed me down a bunch over the years! Meeting my husband, who's so chillllllll and unflappable, has also worked wonders for me. Now I feel just about steady, most of the time. Congrats to you on meeting the struggle every day.

Thanks for sharing the ticklish stuff. And good luck with the babies! I'm glad you have a good man to start a family with.

Also, thanks for telling us you're a bartender. You're probably gonna be needed for one of those sexy parties, sooner or later. Watch out for the enormous cakes, they're usually just Samurai or me sneaking in... Don't try to cut them or anything.

Thanks a lot doll! Appreciate it. I come from a family who thinks "it's all in your head" so that can be difficult for me and my guy is also in recovery so we keep each other on the right path! Its actually nice to be able to tell someone about these things without feeling like you are being judged ;)

Congrats on your wedding, Maura!!!

It's funny, but I actually looked at your snowy Chicago picture and said, "Oh how beautiful!" and then I wanted to kick myself. That looks like a good place to take public transportation! I spend a lot of work time in Worcester, MA, a city where they don't even seem to WANT to plow down to bare pavement, and it just ruins my good mood everyday. It's driving, and it's ice-skating, and it's scary! At least Boston really tries to take the blasted stuff away. Ugh.

Don't bridges and water add so much to a city? That's so nice.

An Irish-Filipino lawyer family! Those must be fascinating parties with all of the extended relatives in attendance!

And Koko's right, I'm glad to be chatting with a lawyer! ;)

Breen819 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot doll! Appreciate it. I come from a family who thinks "it's all in your head" so that can be difficult for me and my guy is also in recovery so we keep each other on the right path! Its actually nice to be able to tell someone about these things without feeling like you are being judged ;)

"It's all in your head" has got to be one of the worst responses in history. That attitude just makes everything else impossible. Thank goodness your guy would never be saying that to you!

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I found this a year ago and it's soooo appropriate! I also struggle with depression and anxiety.

If people treated physical illness like mental illness

CWFTYoV.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • tamara_sdtamara_sd Registered Users 57 Posts
    I love this thread! You are all some fascinating folks :-D I'm a licensed psychotherapist...lol. See what I do to unwind?? :-D
    Game Center: + (tamara) +
    Breen, I want to give you a hug. Uh, I so want to share. Picture me sitting here on my hands. Just know I think you're all awesome. And, I'm so glad to be here with you guys. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tamara_sdtamara_sd Registered Users 57 Posts
    Breen, you rock. It took courage to share what you did - so much respect to you.
    Game Center: + (tamara) +
    Awww wow the outpouring of love just brought tears to my eyes! All the feels <3 this is definitely a place I come to chill out :) and I absolutely love the image posted above. Love ya all!

• SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    We love you, Breen. You are brave and strong. I suffer from anxiety too.. It gets bad sometimes but I haven't got rock bottom. I hope we all find love and peace with each other :)
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
    Nice to meet you, Tamara! Sending you GC invites, don't think we're friends yet! Forgive me if I'm wrong...

Edit: oh, I just found you in GC-- we already are friends! Well, that was easy then! Now we're better friends!

Morning Dolls! Happy Saturday.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Morning Dolls! Happy Saturday.

Morning, Koko! I'm eating Cheerios w/ blueberries and watching the Curious George movie, for the millionth time, with my smaller girl. She's just beginning to speak in sentences, and said something that sounded very close to "I wan George". So here we are... Hubby & bigger girl are sleeping in. I remember sleeping in... But George and a babbling baby are pretty good, too!

How are you today, hon? Are your fingertips beginning to regain sensation after the Valentine's Event blowout?

SVDW just mentioned a Givenchy bag she loves, which reminded me of the 2005 Dior Detective bag that I adore. So I'm posting it here, to avoid another off-topic infraction. I like Art Deco stuff, which this bag feels like. I'm also intrigued by its apparent ability to hover in mid-air. Of course, I have a mortgage, so we'll never actually be together.

Is there ANYONE else here who has a purse they want to share? I don't think anybody else here likes bags... jk!

image.jpg1_zpselqi6i5q.jpg

now, this is the bag of my dreams. How about adding a nice purple Bal?
    PurpleBal.jpg

Or, how about a nice Treesje Magnolia?
    Magnolias-1.jpg

I have this bag in the purple above, and loved it so much I got it in a nice Charcoal as well.

Shown here is also a mini in Vanilla.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SVDWSVDW Registered Users 98 Posts
    now, this is the bag of my dreams. How about adding a nice purple Bal?
    PurpleBal.jpg

Or, how about a nice Treesje Magnolia?
    Magnolias-1.jpg

I have this bag in the purple above, and loved it so much I got it in a nice Charcoal as well.

The Balenciaga is soooooo nice... I love that in the denim colour as well... so chic!
    These pics are of my real favorite purses, the ones I actually own. Now, because of said mortgage and daycare bills, they're nothing too fancy. But I like posting pictures, so here we are.

This is my favorite purse that I actually use. It's not fancy, just a vintage Dooney in thick rich British Tan leather. I love its look, the way it balances on my shoulder, the way it holds a diaper or two without being obvious about it. It's my love, my purse husband.

image.jpg1_zpsg06fmgcn.jpg

And here's my favorite mistake purchase. Again, pretty humble. One day I saw this random Baggalini (!?!) Dark Cheetah fabric Baguette in a gift shop and bought it on impulse. But it's too small for my life right now, so it sits ignored for the meantime. It has a hot red ("tomato" they say) interior, which makes me smile. I like the juxtaposition of shiny silver hardwear/dark cheetah print/tomato. Someday, when I no longer carry diapers around, I'll use it.
    image.jpg2_zpsgryactf5.jpg

givenchy--medium-tricolour-antigona-tote-product-1-17927900-0-192844037-normal_large_flex.jpeg

Prolly made by God Himself on the 8th day.
    SVDW wrote: »
    Prolly made by God Himself on the 8th day.

I have to agree with you.

If anyone really likes me and is super-carelessly-wealthy, I also like this.

It's the Louis Vuitton Art Deco Trapezio Bag. <sigh>

image.jpg1_zpsmztrbzkt.jpg

Chanel-Boy-Braided-Flap-Bag-Navy.jpg

This is the one I can't live without anymore since I got from boyfriend on Xmas. Maybe the most versatile bag ever made.
    295402_AA61Y_1000_001_web_full.jpg
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    If anyone really likes me and is super-carelessly-wealthy, I also like this.

It's the Louis Vuitton Art Deco Trapezio Bag. <sigh>

image.jpg1_zpsmztrbzkt.jpg

Nicolas Ghesquière is making a FAB job at Vuitton... the bags are awesome.
    Bah. I don't talk purse. But they are all lovely :) good morning dolls!