Comments

• Options
    LittlemsJojoLittlemsJojo Registered Users 40 Posts
    I'm also not really a purse gal but wow those are stunning purses o.o
    Hiii do add me on Game center: joyceetejada
    Would love to play with you soon :)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I stumbled in here after inhabitting a forum about purses for 4 years, alternately qvelling over purses, and well, posting about the Kardashians. Some of the Dolls over there decided to try the very mocked KKH. I said, ok, I'll check it out. And, well, I sort of set up camp here. I filled my walk in closet with about 40 or so contemporary designer bags, mostly purple during those 4 years. And aside from a select few, I'm pretty much done. I love Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Botkier, Treesje, Bal and a few Coach. I can't really pick a favorite. My 2 best story bags.....I saw an Alligator Purple RM Nikki bag. But, they were sold out, and never thought I'd score one. I looked all over. Ebay, Amazon, HauteLook, Saks, Neimans, Nordstrom, Bloomies, nothing. I bought other bags. About a year later, I was sitting at my computer, doing something unrelated to bags. I said, try BagBorrowandSteal.com (heard about them, never visited the site.) I did a search for Rebecca Minkoff, 1 bag popped up. And it was the Grape Alligator Nikki. That site doesn't usually have RM, let alone Purple, NWOT Alligator sold out bags. But the only time I ever went there, it had the bag I wanted. Clear blue sky, something said go there.

AlligatorGrapeNikki.jpg
    Here it is with the matching cosmetic case. And I found the same leather in RM's Morning After Bag Mini.

2nd Miracle Bag - Saw a Sample RM Purple Alligator Python Embossed on Ebay. Basically one of a kind, it was a sample that never went into production. 14 seconds before I won the auction, chick swoops in and grabs is out of my hand. So, I looked all over, no more. Then one morning I had 4 pms, friends asking "Is this the bag?" and it was the bag, same photos, back on Ebay. I contacted the seller, and turns out, when she got the bag, it was too big, so she never carried it, and when she heard I was the one she grabbed it from, she sold it to me for the last bid I had made on the bag. Free Shipping from Canada. That was the only transactions the person ever made. Just popped up hoping to find me, and the bag after a year, got to it's intended place. The crook of my arm. lol.
    PythonSample.jpg

I love this one, because the embossing process gave the leather a water resistant finish. This is a bag you can beat someone with, and it will look none the worse for wear. ;)
    So......bring on the purse pics. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LittlemsJojoLittlemsJojo Registered Users 40 Posts
    I stumbled in here after the forum about purses I'd inhabited for 4 years, alternately qvelling over purses, and well, posting about the Kardashians, some of the Dolls over there decided to try the very mocked KKH. I said, ok, I'll check it out. And, well, I sort of set up camp here. I filled my walk in closet with about 40 or so contemporary designer bags, mostly purple during those 4 years. And aside from a select few, I'm pretty much done. I love Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Botkier, Treesje, Bal and a few Coach. I can't really pick a favorite. My 2 best story bags.....I saw an Alligator Purple RM Nikki bag. But, they were sold out, and never thought I'd score one. I looked all over. Ebay, Amazon, HauteLook, Saks, Neimans, Nordstrom, Bloomies, nothing. I bought other bags. About a year later, I was sitting at my computer, doing something unrelated to bags. I said, try BagBorrowandSteal.com (heard about them, never visited the site.) I did a search for Rebecca Minkoff, 1 bag popped up. And it was the Grape Alligator Nikki. That site doesn't usually have RM, let alone Purple, NWOT Alligator sold out bags. But the only time I ever went there, it had the bag I wanted. Clear blue sky, something said go there.

2nd Miracle Bag - Saw a Sample RM Purple Alligator Python Embossed on Ebay. Basically one of a kind, it was a sample that never went into production. 14 seconds before I won the auction, chick swoops in and grabs is out of my hand. So, I looked all over, no more. Then one morning I had 4 pms, friends asking "Is this the bag?" and it was the bag, same photos, back on Ebay. I contacted the seller, and turns out, when she got the bag, it was too big, so she never carried it, and when she heard I was the one she grabbed it from, she sold it to me for the last bid I had made on the bag. Free Shipping from Canada. That was the only transactions the person ever made. Just popped up hoping to find me, and the bag after a year, got to it's intended place. The crook of my arm. lol. So......bring on the purse pics. lol.

All I could say is.. that bag must've been made for you seeing that even if you lost it, it went back for you hahaha
    Hiii do add me on Game center: joyceetejada
    Would love to play with you soon :)
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Love the purple stuff, Koko! I'm noticing that you and I are polar opposites: I love a severely-structured bag, and you love the slouchy-goodness type of bag! But somehow we can meet in the middle, I bet. If you're bored, submit a picture of the most structured bag you have. I'm curious. I have a squishy Sigrid Olsen bag, but it probably isn't your thing. I'm going to take a picture...

Meanwhile, because this IS the Appropos of Nothin' thread, and because you said the word Coach, here's more of my rumblings about my own junk.

Here's my classic Coach workhorse bag. It's powder blue on the inside. It always makes me smile to see that.
    image.jpg2_zps5coczen8.jpg

Here's a fun little dark olive-green faux croc Anne Klein bag. Love it! My mother-in-law actually picked this out for me, and I almost fell out of my chair with shock when I saw it. Putting it nicely, we have extremely different tastes. <But we both love her boy>. I've almost beaten this poor bag to death in overusing it!
    image.jpg1_zpsuzsuqse2.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Boo! I just realized that my sister borrowed my Sigrid Olsen, and probably isn't going to return it anytime soon. Funny, because she gave it to me. I think she's miffed that I don't use it much. But it was butterscotch leather, single strap, a hobo style, with shimmering green and yellow flower lining fabric. The incredible thickness of the leather and the shiny lining fabric are the best parts. Since the wide hobo-style mouth often leaves me feeling like stuff could fall out, I never use it. Maybe it's good that she stole it back.

This will be my final purse pic, I think, because it could be getting annoying if you're not a purse aficionado. <just know that I own too many structured leather bags, in various finishes and colors>.

This is my other mistake purse purchase. It's a Dooney Lucy bag, and I like it very much in theory, but it's so darn stiff that wearing it is like poking a hole in a large piece of poster board paper and then shoving that over your arm. Blech! Thinking of giving it to my sister. Jk!

image.jpg1_zpstqhnd2oc.jpg

• Options
    Contrary to public opinion, I'm not all about the slouch, or the puddle, or the smooshy. I like it, but I love all manner of purse. Here are a couple of structured.
    Venice.jpg
    The Botkier Vanice
    TreesjeRevealed.jpg
    The Treesje Revealed
    GreyMattinee.jpg
    and the Rebecca Minkoff Matinee

I have the first two in two colors each, but the RM Mattie I have 3 of so far. ;)

I think the bigger difference Luz, is color scheme. I do live in a purple world. Aside from a little wood, my home is white/purple/teal/grey with a smidge of blue thrown in. Beige just not allowed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Love the purple stuff, Koko! I'm noticing that you and I are polar opposites: I love a severely-structured bag, and you love the slouchy-goodness type of bag! But somehow we can meet in the middle, I bet. If you're bored, submit a picture of the most structured bag you have. I'm curious. I have a squishy Sigrid Olsen bag, but it probably isn't your thing. I'm going to take a picture...

Meanwhile, because this IS the Appropos of Nothin' thread, and because you said the word Coach, here's more of my rumblings about my own junk.

Here's my classic Coach workhorse bag. It's power blue on the inside. It always makes me smile to see that.
    image.jpg2_zps5coczen8.jpg

I love the leather on this bag. It looks thick and chewy. This is a great bag. If I found this bag in purple, I'd be all over it.

Ok, no more purses from me for now. I think we've given the developers enough bags to start adding more to the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I'm so purse envious!
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    Don't be doll. I'm over them. I like what I have but unless one of the Quilted Stams in the game (the black satchel, quilted with a chain hanging down) popped up at the right price in Purple, I think I'm done. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I love the leather on this bag. It looks thick and chewy. This is a great bag. If I found this bag in purple, I'd be all over it.

It IS extremely thick and chewy! That's funny. Happily, we won't be beating each other to death to buy the same bag at Bloomie's! I wouldn't mind the right purple bag, though! Thanks for contributing your purse pics to this thing!

• Options
    Breen819 wrote: »
    I'm so purse envious!

Happy Eselletea's Birthday to you, Breen! <and Happy Saturday!>

It's funny with purses; if you're an addict, you buy a bunch and then maybe you feel guilty when you see them all just sitting here in your closet. At least I do! I use my few favorites to death, while the white elephants stare balefully at me from my shelf...

It's better to have purse envy than purse overload!

• Options
    So, here's where I double-down on a possible mistake! But I'm pretty sure today is Eselletea's birthday!

Now if your name was Andy, I'd have bought you this great cake, but I can't.
    image.jpg1_zpssnfnkeqx.jpg

And if you were Nigel, I'd have bought you this one to celebrate Luz & Jesse's upcoming Vegas adventure...
    image.jpg2_zpsyyvzf61a.jpg

But instead, I bought you this one, so that you'll hopefully be delighted (& slightly confused-- are you eating dirt?)...
    image.jpg3_zpsedelq1qz.jpg

Happy birthday, Eselletea! You can't beat cakes together WITH cupcakes, right?

Many happy returns on the day, hon!

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Awww thank you Luz! All those cakes look fantastic! :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Aww so darn sweet.

• Options
    You're welcome! Obviously, I worked away over a hot stove and all! Glad you like them, and hope you get some nice real-world treats today too!

• Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    Happy birthday Eselletea! :)
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    You're welcome! Obviously, I worked away over a hot stove and all! Glad you like them, and hope you get some nice real-world treats today too!
    I smell a bakery. As someone who bakes hot stove has nothing to do with BAKing. You bake a cup of tea with that stove Luz? (this is Fountaingate all over again!)

And most of all.......Happy Birthday Doll!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Thank you ladies! You're the best! I'm in major relaxation mode today to prepare for the evening activities ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    :p Koko, I can't believe you caught me! And yes, I'm such an awesome chef/baker! <Abused husband is the main chef actually! I'm terrible and he's the domestic one. I tend to handle the money, the taxes>

I'm sending a Bronx Cheer your way, tattle-tale! :p

image.jpg2_zpsuqsymeon.jpg

image.jpg1_zps4roccorm.jpg

Edit: These are not my girls. My kids do this feral demon-face scowl (that I'd never show anybody I cared about) when they're scornful!

• Options
    Ok, now the cuteness factor just broke the internet for me. I can't take my eyes off the 1st one, only to be doublesmacked with the unexpected 'That goes DOUBLE for me' pic.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi there! Is anybody bored, looking for a laugh? My husband found this hilarious page on imgur featuring people's words of wisdom from twitter...

Check it out! I laughed until I cried at a few of them.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0i4Vv

And if you like them, don't forget to click on "Viewing 10 of 26 images, tap to view ten more" at the bottom of the tweets window! It'll load more funny stuff-- don't miss out!

• Options
    Happy happy Monday every one! Hope y'all had a great weekend and got everything they worked for! Hubs is home today and just made me a fabulous breakfast... left me a ton of dishes to do but that's okay, he's downstairs in the spare room turning it into a craft room for me.... I can finally get back to working on my s.c.r.a.pbooking. I've bought hundreds of assorted supplies over the last year and can't wait to get back to it. Haven't touched it since we moved this July... and now I'll have a WHOLE room dedicated to it! I'm excited!

• Options
    That's great, but isn't it really going to turn into a room where you go and play KKH in peace? You're not fooling anyone Doll. By the way, what could have been censored in arts and craft? Lol

And Happy Monday back at ya. You sound like a cheerful person, like me. We wake up cheerful and sometimes those grouchy sleepyheads around us are silently pleading with their eyes that we take it down a notch. lol. That merely makes me go in deep, till I get a smile out of them. Dirty work, but someone has to do it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's great, but isn't it really going to turn into a room where you go and play KKH in peace? You're not fooling anyone Doll. By the way, what could have been censored in arts and craft? Lol

And Happy Monday back at ya. You sound like a cheerful person, like me. We wake up cheerful and sometimes those grouchy sleepyheads around us are silently pleading with their eyes that we take it down a notch. lol. That merely makes me go in deep, till I get a smile out of them. Dirty work, but someone has to do it.

Haha. It censored s.C.R.A.P.booking !! And yes I will be down here playing. Without a doubt. Especially because the laundry room is the next room over so double the places to hide. And I am actually not a cheerful morning person. I hate mornings. I love coffee. I'm not nice before like 2pm. I think a decade of working till 4am messed with my schedule. But I'm definately cheerful when I enter my KKH zone.

• Options
    OMG Coffee! I have never, ever, ever not once ever liked coffee. Love desert, couldn't even try tiramasu? Coffee flavor. Hated that all the summertime Iced drinks are coffee! how about a cold caramel or something? Anyway, I finally decided to try French Vanilla coffee. Yum. Started throwing in 2 caffeine shots, started brewing French Vanilla coffee, and then adding it to the french vanilla instant coffee beverage. Found out this weekend.......I'm allergic. I broke out in a rash on my back, and it's horrible. So, no more coffee, I'm getting a little caffeine boost from diet pepsi. But how cruel, to finally develop the taste, only to break out in a rash? Aaaaaargh. I want my coffee back. Wah Wah Wah
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I can't stand carbonated beverages for some reason but I absolutely love Red Bull. After my four cups of coffee in the late morning...afternoon... I switch over to a Red Bull. Love them. Same caffeine as a coffee but the taste is addicting. Then no more caffeine
    After 6pm.

• Options
    SVDWSVDW Registered Users 98 Posts
    002871-05-red-suite.jpg

Hotel Utopie?
  • Options
    That's the place for me, SVDW!

My mother-in-law actually owns most of those pieces of furniture, but since she's a hoarder, it's all jumbled into a bit of a sad mess. I think they're moldering into ruins. <sigh>

Still, sign me up for this suite!

• Options
    So, I did try to watch the Oscars last night, and was surprised at how lame it seemed. <I think this surprises me every year.> I know there were some good parts, but I ended changing the channel after awhile. The Walking Dead was on, anyway!

But there was a website with some good Oscar memes. http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/2015/02/15-of-the-funniest-memes-from-the-oscars-including-lady-gaga-glove-mania.html/

I stole my favorite ones.

image.jpg1_zps0wotpyco.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsfecfm7ys.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsntetxwlb.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsugzibx4f.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsgmkuojgu.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsxmkajirc.jpg

• Options
    image.jpg6_zpsxy28o656.jpg