~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Did you know...

...the name of Kim's company is called: kimsaprincess...?

Uh-oh, my boyfriend's annoyed, again, that I'm glued to my phone, and he just sneered at me, "I know, you have a weekend event." <glare> Well, it's a nasty, gloomy day (we happen to like gray days tho), and I suggested earlier we go to dinner and the movies, but he doesn't feel like it, sooooo....I mumbled in not too many words, "...yellow dress..." Well, *I* was going to pay for dinner and whatever movie or other, what else can a person want from me?? I usually don't play most of Saturday, plus we usually go out on Saturday nights too, and I only go for the last earnable if I really want it....And I knew a few hours ago already that we were going to stay home and order in, whatever he wants, and I'm going to pay, so, again. And he's watching some stupid movie about boxing anyway. <oh, this reminds me of eselle :( >
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Ah, land life confounds the merman. He was out on land one day and met a most enchanting doll on the beach, one so smart and beautiful that he couldn't bear to leave her. And so he stayed. And he found firewater; unlike any they had in his underwater kindom of Atlantis. Soon, they had little merbabies. And he loved them and his gorgeous, brilliant wife so much that he would never again live underwater all his waking--and sleeping--hours. He's not quite sure what to do when she's busy on catwalks, hosting major events, or filming music videos...so he hatched a plan. He needed some human friends (I do wonder that the one slugging Jack isn't a merman himself). He didn't know how to use the Party function in their homes...but that was ok because he didn't know any of his wife's friends or contacts to invite. So he invited the only friends he knew, and thought that would be a good thing; although he wasn't sure what to do when they got there. It ended up being every man for himself, together, yet still alone. But alas, I have no explanation for the rac o o n s....

Ooooo... I love stories! This one is so special, thank you so much!
    It actually deserves an extra bonus.. I'll get back to you on this <3
    Keem wrote: »
    Ooooo... I love stories! This one is so special, thank you so much!
    It actually deserves an extra bonus.. I'll get back to you on this <3

Hee! I'm glad you liked it. The picture was incredibly inspiring!
    I just finally have to say this, and I'm not a apologetic over it. For people who keep asking for elements of K&K--or in one case, even suggesting Glu "update" KKH to look like K&K (**** *** *** ***** ******* ****** Which? Which one is it? I'm curious.)--why don't you just stick with K&K instead of trying to maneuver changes and the whole dynamics of KKH, and its sophistication among other things--because it's clear *** **** ****** ************* ***** --why don't you just play K&K then, if that's your ideal? Which came first, the chicken or the chicken? Kim herself is not a teenager. She's in her 30s. K&K is great for tweens, teens, and I guess younger twenty-somethings. For me, it was some measure of fun but ultimately childish and boring. It's also designed and executed for a different audience than that of KKH. So it'd be great if you stopped asking for K&K attributes, in particular since it's become increasingly annoying. If you want a full and all-around K&K look, hey--guess what?! It already exists. In THAT game app. Eye and lip options, more hair colors and makeup colors, and an option for different brow colors, sure, sounds good to me, why not? I don't care one way or the other. I'm completely happy with how my doll looks. And the one I have still languishing in K&K has a K&K look. And there it stays. Along with a cartoon world, dwarfed caricatures of NPCs with either mean, unpleasant, or just plain hostile-looking expressions. Play one or the other. Play both. But comparing two different games and trying to make them one and the same--what exactly *is* your point?

**** I x'd out some rude comments, but the rest had validity. Thanks ~ Koko
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    lol sometimes you're quite scary isabeau!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    lol sometimes you're quite scary isabeau!

Muahahahaha! Unfortunately I'm one of those people who holds too much in, until I just can't hold it in anymore and the fireworks go off. And sometimes issues go too far (including with me, I know; sometimes it all really just makes me laugh). Often enough it's things that need to be said, but people either don't or can't say them. I know you've noticed there are threads viewed by as many as a few hundred people, but so few say even a single word. Plus, a lof people avoid conflict by nature. If things get to a point too far, I've never been afraid to say what I think. You, on the other hand, Vats, are always, always evenly balanced in what you say. You're diplomatic and have a great sense of humor. Me? I'm just me; unfortunately an extremist, all one way or the other. I try to be even about things. I try to just keep my mouth shut, I really do. But sometimes...out it tumbles!

EDIT: As a note, sometimes I write posts...that I never post; others I let sit a while before I read them over and more often than not cancel them; and I occasionally post something, give a quick second thought and then delete it. A lot of times I sit here just lmao. Also, Koko will come through with a clean sweep and "X" out what needs to disappear, and while some people get annoyed with their post being altered in one way or the other, I don't mind in the least. She does what is right and just, and that's perfectly perfect. Also, I get out what I felt needed to be said; Koko will take out anything that needs to come out; and we all go our merry way. I'm really a very nice person who basically just likes to have a fun, good time. There are a lot of people here--strangers all of us, yet I know many of us would likely be friends irl...and if nothing else, I always have my friends' collective back. Just as I would have yours. The only thing is, if I see something over and over and over, and eventually enough is enough, I'm going to say something. Because I feel that someone should. :) <oh well *shrug*>
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I just finally have to say this, and I'm not a apologetic over it. For people who keep asking for elements of K&K--or in one case, even suggesting Glu "update" KKH to look like K&K (**** *** *** ***** ******* ****** Which? Which one is it? I'm curious.)--why don't you just stick with K&K instead of trying to maneuver changes and the whole dynamics of KKH, and its sophistication among other things--because it's clear *** **** ****** ************* ***** --why don't you just play K&K then, if that's your ideal? Which came first, the chicken or the chicken? Kim herself is not a teenager. She's in her 30s. K&K is great for tweens, teens, and I guess younger twenty-somethings. For me, it was some measure of fun but ultimately childish and boring. It's also designed and executed for a different audience than that of KKH. So it'd be great if you stopped asking for K&K attributes, in particular since it's become increasingly annoying. If you want a full and all-around K&K look, hey--guess what?! It already exists. In THAT game app. Eye and lip options, more hair colors and makeup colors, and an option for different brow colors, sure, sounds good to me, why not? I don't care one way or the other. I'm completely happy with how my doll looks. And the one I have still languishing in K&K has a K&K look. And there it stays. Along with a cartoon world, dwarfed caricatures of NPCs with either mean, unpleasant, or just plain hostile-looking expressions. Play one or the other. Play both. But comparing two different games and trying to make them one and the same--what exactly *is* your point?

**** I x'd out some rude comments, but the rest had validity. Thanks ~ Koko

I hear what you're saying, however, the newest NPCs in my game are clearly drawn more in the K&K style than the traditional KKH NPCs. I posted photos earlier upthread. It will be lame if all the new/future characters look different and more detailed than the rest of those in KKH - including our dolls.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    Muahahahaha! Unfortunately I'm one of those people who holds too much in, until I just can't hold it in anymore and the fireworks go off. And sometimes issues go too far (including with me, I know; sometimes it all really just makes me laugh). Often enough it's things that need to be said, but people either don't or can't say them. I know you've noticed there are threads viewed by as many as a few hundred people, but so few say even a single word. Plus, a lof people avoid conflict by nature. If things get to a point too far, I've never been afraid to say what I think. You, on the other hand, Vats, are always, always evenly balanced in what you say. You're diplomatic and have a great sense of humor. Me? I'm just me; unfortunately an extremist, all one way or the other. I try to be even about things. I try to just keep my mouth shut, I really do. But sometimes...out it tumbles!

EDIT: As a note, sometimes I write posts...that I never post; others I let sit a while before I read them over and more often than not cancel them; and I occasionally post something, give a quick second thought and then delete it. A lot of times I sit here just lmao. Also, Koko will come through with a clean sweep and "X" out what needs to disappear, and while some people get annoyed with their post being altered in one way or the other, I don't mind in the least. She does what is right and just, and that's perfectly perfect. Also, I get out what I felt needed to be said; Koko will take out anything that needs to come out; and we all go our merry way. I'm really a very nice person who basically just likes to have a fun, good time. There are a lot of people here--strangers all of us, yet I know many of us would likely be friends irl...and if nothing else, I always have my friends' collective back. Just as I would have yours. The only thing is, if I see something over and over and over, and eventually enough is enough, I'm going to say something. Because I feel that someone should. :) <oh well *shrug*>

You talk things from the heart. That's an amazing technique write what you're feeling even if you won't post!

I just think at the end of the day there are things we souldn't stress about, you know? We won't change what is on other people mind...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I feel bad that some people aren't rejoicing about this, but I know most of us are happy. And for those who said now no one will be buying the Weekend Gift boxes, I bought more this week instead of less. And I saw all the same people posting the same number of palette screenshots. A lot has to be said for wanting it now, and wanting better chances of getting it....so we bought giftboxes. But, if another Throwback Event pops up on Tuesday, I will be tap tap tapping my way to up to 4 items I didn't get in the Weekend Events. And for that I'll do Elaine's Happy Dance.

htnj83z.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I feel bad that some people aren't rejoicing about this, but I know most of us are happy. And for those who said now no one will be buying the Weekend Gift boxes, I bought more this week instead of less. And I saw all the same people posting the same number of palette screenshots. A lot has to be said for wanting it now, and wanting better chances of getting it....so we bought giftboxes. But, if another Throwback Event pops up on Tuesday, I will be tap tap tapping my way to up to 4 items I didn't get in the Weekend Events. And for that I'll do Elaine's Happy Dance.

htnj83z.gif

I remember that! Poor Elaine, but she was hilarious.

I too bought more gift boxes this weekend, definitely more than I'd planned, and I got the beloved pink shoes as well as the black top and pants, but not the choker. :( I love the outfit though. I also got three boxes of $4,000 kash each. I'm one of the very few (I'm pretty sure) people who can appreciate a kash box, because there's still a few homes I want to buy and I make a virtual budget for a virtual world, ensuring I have at least three or four times any given home price so still have plenty of loot left after I buy one. There's also some stuff in the wardrobe--some few new clothes, possibly the new blue shoulder bag, and also maybe two pieces of jewelry--all with exorbitant prices--that I don't buy on principle. However, I *need* the new chocolate and black tees, for example, but $20,000 kash for a tee, that's just ridic. A long time ago, when Juicy Couture mattered, I was in the store and saw a pink tee with a gorgeous scrollwork crown in gold and black, and I swear I *needed* it. It was 75 bucks. $75 for a t-shirt. Nothing new, but still, it was ridic. But it was pink. And it had a big, pretty crown. And did I mention it was pink? I loved it and had to have it. I was practically already kicking myself when I went up to the register. But when I got home I was just as enamored of that tee as in the store. It's nicely and well worn these days, but the pink and gold and black have never faded, never dulled, and I still wear it in the house sometimes. It's now so lived-in it's crazy soft. And just as cute as it was to begin with. Oops, digression, sorry! So anyway, also two boxes with 50 energy (yay!), a really nice, gold-K-star red dress--regular wardrobe, not a daily, thank god! A black-gift-box top I'd really been wanting...lets see, that's ten boxes so far. I know I bought one around 4:00 am this morning when I woke up briefly, and one sometime after midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning, but can't for the life of me remember what was in them! It doesn't matter though because I'm really happy with all the things I got. :):) So yep, opened plenty of boxes. And as Koko said, "A lot has to be said for wanting it now..." and "...if another Throwback Event pops up on Tuesday, I will be tap tap tapping..." amen to that!
    Vats wrote: »
    You talk things from the heart. That's an amazing technique write what you're feeling even if you won't post!

I just think at the end of the day there are things we souldn't stress about, you know? We won't change what is on other people mind...

You're so right about that. We really need to pick and choose our battles, and there's so much that's just not worth any given end to it. I never try to change people's minds, I never have. I just say what I believe, and that's all I'm doing is saying. Every person's views matter just as much as the next person's. I think everyone should think whatever they think, believe whatever they believe, and that's the way life is. Every individual is important. If all the people in a position to argue with one another in this world would just go and argue among themselves and leave everyone else alone, we wouldn't have all these wars and political issues and innocent people sent to kill other innocent people, which is just stupid and wrong. But anyway... :)<3
    I hear what you're saying, however, the newest NPCs in my game are clearly drawn more in the K&K style than the traditional KKH NPCs. I posted photos earlier upthread. It will be lame if all the new/future characters look different and more detailed than the rest of those in KKH - including our dolls.

Hey, Charlotte! I agree that the new NPCs look a lot different--the camera man, Skylar, her manager, but I don't think they look like they come from K&K at all. Imo. In fact, they more remind me of Stardom (Hollywood). I also think they look pretty creepy. Ha! They're illustrated in a different way, that's for sure, and stand out in a way they shouldn't. It would've been best to make them match this game, I can't even imagine why they don't. But this game is two years in and it's really unlikely for a two-year base to be changed to such a huge degree. The amount of work would be insane, to overhaul an entire game; and also, I've noticed that when people make suggestions, ask for this or that, etc., that the changes aren't implemented on what already exists, but tend to appear in new additions to the game. I know, right? How do you reconcile the differences? This is really weird, to suddenly turn things upside down right smack in the middle. I'm definitely going to try to find your posted examples. Who could even begin to guess Glu's intentions? But I think it was made pretty clear with update v5, they've got all kinds of fun surprises up their sleeves. I, for one, can't wait to see what they present to us next! :p
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes! The girl especially reminds me of Stardom so much! Tbh they look a little off being in KKH, just a little. Characters like Misty, Andre, the photographers, Jen, Mario, Olivier etc do not look like our KKH dolls but the art style is similar.
    PM to add
    https://youtu.be/IXOw0uDIOMw

An extremist--all one way, and all the other.

https://youtu.be/bgiQD56eWDk
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Yes! The girl especially reminds me of Stardom so much! Tbh they look a little off being in KKH, just a little. Characters like Misty, Andre, the photographers, Jen, Mario, Olivier etc do not look like our KKH dolls but the art style is similar.

^^^This *exactly*^^^
    Ok, I've kept quiet about this (I think, lol. maybe I already posted) but when the reality show popped up in our games, I sat, looked at the cameraman and couldn't take my eyes off him. My heart stopped and my eyes filled with tears, and I thought I'd just explode. The cameraman looks exactly like my brother who passed 20 years ago from HIV. When I say he looks exactly like, I mean the way Kendall, Kylie, Kris, Khloe and Kim look like their dolls. Take my breath away kind of looks just like my brother.

So, whatever the influence of the K&K game in our NPCs, I have absofreakinlutely no complaints with how our Cameraman turned out. I want to kiss that GluDeveloper full on the mouth with tongue, for bringing my brother into my day. Did I mention the goosebumps part? I sat and stared at the NPC in total bewilderment. So, that's one more reason why I love Glu. Now, if they want to bring any other dead relatives into my life, I'll gladly send in pictures. But after the dead on resemblence to my brother, they need no extra help. They nailed it.
    367d40aa-4c58-4238-8d3d-3bf018e35bb9_zps5rpdlgeq.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, I've kept quiet about this (I think, lol. maybe I already posted) but when the reality show popped up in our games, I sat, looked at the cameraman and couldn't take my eyes off him. My heart stopped and my eyes filled with tears, and I thought I'd just explode. The cameraman looks exactly like my brother who passed 20 years ago from HIV. When I say he looks exactly like, I mean the way Kendall, Kylie, Kris, Khloe and Kim look like their dolls. Take my breath away kind of looks just like my brother.

So, whatever the influence of the K&K game in our NPCs, I have absofreakinlutely no complaints with how our Cameraman turned out. I want to kiss that GluDeveloper full on the mouth with tongue, for bringing my brother into my day. Did I mention the goosebumps part? I sat and stared at the NPC in total bewilderment. So, that's one more reason why I love Glu. Now, if they want to bring any other dead relatives into my life, I'll gladly send in pictures. But after the dead on resemblence to my brother, they need no extra help. They nailed it.

Wow. So much to say. And there's also nothing to say at all. I'm so sorry, Koko. This is so shocking to hear, such a dead-on resemblance as that. That you see your brother here is breathtaking.

<3<3<3<3<3

I don't want to put upon Koko's post, so I'll just say, Steve K.: Steve B. and I (yes, always and forever BFFs--you would like that), we never, ever forget you.
    Aw Koko!

I'm speechless too!

So Koko right now we're at what? Two weeks from your B'day, right?

Gosh a whole year cant' believe, it was like yesterday that we were talking about the summer and you passing the time by the pool, while I was under heavy rain here!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Would it be possible to bring Cherrey's game up to page one?
    All you have to do is post, and that brings it up, or bumps it. :)

And no one be sad. It's just nice to see without looking at a dated photo up on a wall or in an album. :)

And I'm sorry for your loss isabeau.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hey, Charlotte! I agree that the new NPCs look a lot different--the camera man, Skylar, her manager, but I don't think they look like they come from K&K at all. Imo. In fact, they more remind me of Stardom (Hollywood). I also think they look pretty creepy. Ha! They're illustrated in a different way, that's for sure, and stand out in a way they shouldn't. It would've been best to make them match this game, I can't even imagine why they don't. But this game is two years in and it's really unlikely for a two-year base to be changed to such a huge degree. The amount of work would be insane, to overhaul an entire game; and also, I've noticed that when people make suggestions, ask for this or that, etc., that the changes aren't implemented on what already exists, but tend to appear in new additions to the game. I know, right? How do you reconcile the differences? This is really weird, to suddenly turn things upside down right smack in the middle. I'm definitely going to try to find your posted examples. Who could even begin to guess Glu's intentions? But I think it was made pretty clear with update v5, they've got all kinds of fun surprises up their sleeves. I, for one, can't wait to see what they present to us next! :p

I'm such a dope. When I said my pics were posted upthread, I had the wrong thread (as usual, I don't know where I am). My post was in the suggestion thread. Also, I said the characters were drawn more like the K&K game, but I've actually never played the K&K game. I said that based on the few pics from that game I've seen in this forum. Anyway, the new NPCs do look strangely different.. don't know why Glu did this and I agree a complete overhaul would be impossible. Maybe, just maybe they will give us some new customizations for our dolls that will make them look more compatible. I'd love some ombre hair or Skylar's cheek dimple. We shall see. Thanks for the reply :)

Hugs, Koko. <3
    I'm such a dope. When I said my pics were posted upthread, I had the wrong thread (as usual, I don't know where I am). My post was in the suggestion thread. Also, I said the characters were drawn more like the K&K game, but I've actually never played the K&K game. I said that based on the few pics from that game I've seen in this forum. Anyway, the new NPCs do look strangely different.. don't know why Glu did this and I agree a complete overhaul would be impossible. Maybe, just maybe they will give us some new customizations for our dolls that will make them look more compatible. I'd love some ombre hair or Skylar's cheek dimple. We shall see. Thanks for the reply :)

The hairstyle options in K&K, as well as the colors--and event hairstyles!--are things that would be great here. There are several I have that I'd love for my doll in KKH. And I don't think I've yet said enough in the forum--I want--my doll *needs*--eyelashes, please! Does Skylar have a dimple?? I have some screen shots of her that I posted in an FAQ and Support thread, but I don't need to double-check; if you're saying it I can totally envision it. Oh, and also in K&K you don't have to pay for pink, blue, lavender, etc., hair. I would like that option here. And I like the pink and blue there, and the lavender, so much better than here, and I'd like the lavender in KKH to begin with. Not sure what else I'd need here, but people have been asking for certain customizations since plenty before K&K even came out. I wasn't able to find the pics here, no--but I did in fact eventually stumble on them just the same. :)
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts

Wow! Koko, talk about making lemonade out of lemons, omg. That was beautiful and deep. I used to fantasize about bringing back dead relatives like in the move A.I. I'd get pieces of hair from my passed away loved ones and somehow their DNA comes to life even if it's just for a day. I cry when I think of this.

Dead people we love are cool.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    Awwww, Don't cry. When we think of them sometimes, it's their spirit being near you, or sending love and thoughts your way. I've read and experienced this kind of thing and especially in dreams. If you think of them, and then realize, it might be them sending love or a hug or something it all makes sense. I love when they come to me in dreams.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hey guys Britney's game is out!

It's BIG!

Go check!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Hilary's always disgusted.

image_zpsgkl1fgdp.png
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vatsy where's your monthly magz. Did you get fired? :p
    PM to add
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Just tried out Britney's game, mainly just customized my Britney doll. And I don't know if it is just my taste, or that I am used to KKH, but I feel like no other Glu game creates avatars that look as good as the ones in KKH. Kylie & Kendall were ok, but I couldn't find a face combo that didn't look kinda mad. Katy Perry avatars were flat out awful, but I think maybe that was supposed to be a more cartoonish look. And with Britney, the avatar choices are good but not great. I feel like the KKH doll facial features really show emotion and change considerably with your choice. In the other games, the choices only slightly alter the face, so it isn't nearly as expressive. I like seeing SMILES or ATTITUDE, not something half-baked.

ALSO - the action of "singing" on Britney's game is just weird looking.
    I'm enjoying the new game, but totally agree with you about the face and look of the dolls. But I'm still enjoying it. I don't think I'll get very far, sigh, my heart belongs to Kimmie's game. Big love there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary