~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I read today that Payless Shoes was about to file for bankruptcy. I had just placed an order with them for two pairs of flats so I was thinking how lucky I was to snap them up before they sold out since I can't find that brand anywhere else.

Then I got my package today and I was sent a pair of children's hot pink sneakers.

giphy.gif
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    um. no? Can you try another store? Call customer service? Are they cute? You have little feet maybe?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm going to take them into the store by work and see what they'll do for me. It's showing they have one of the pairs in stock but not the other so I don't know how that will go as far as an exchange. And I bought them on sale so I'd hate to get my money back and then pay more to reorder for something that's not my fault.
  • Lizzy1979Lizzy1979 Registered Users 16 Posts
    @Soundspretty
    Hey I'm pretty new to this forum and in my rambling about stumbled across this post. Lol @ your hoarding dad. I grew up with a collector mom and 4 siblings. My dads not too much on saving everything but key things i.e. Family photos etc. As to your own house, getting rid of stuff I can relate. My hubby and I live in a small studio and unfortunately I'm a clothes horse. My closet has spillath over into his lol. I'm slowly starting to rid my tiny place of excess stuff and I started doing this; turn all your clothes in your closet backwards on the hanger. As you use an item, turn the hanger right ways out. Whatever is unworn after 6months-year should be donated. Hope that helps :)
    I've read that tip before! Only problem is I seem to get rid of stuff then I end up needing it. I do need to get rid of shoes though (as I talk about buying new ones lol). They're all over the house and drives hubs crazy.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I remembered that I used to love wearing Payless shoes when I was a child. I used to beg my mom to buy me those shoes because I always wore it with my uniform lol :D when I was attending private schools at the time. But, when I was a teenager, I started to hate Payless shoes because my shoes had always gotten worn-out and wasn't the best quality. So, now as an adult I've always purchased my shoes from the most popular retailer stores and private shoe shops as well:)☺.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

They do have dubious quality, so I've heard. I just really like these flats and have had really good luck with them and I can only find them at Payless. Other stores sell similar ones but they're double the price and for what they are I don't think it's worth paying $40+ for them. I can't remember if I've actually bought anything else from them, at least in a long time. I tried looking for boots one winter and the ones they had were so unpractical. I just wanted boots I could wear to work when it was cold/icy out, not thigh high stripper boots! lol

Edit: I was going to say and I got sidetracked, that I remember going to Payless with my parents when I was little also. I remember being so jealous/mad because my mom wouldn't let me get jelly shoes which, hearing how awful they were, is probably a good thing.
    Has anyone seen Beauty & the Beast? I'm going to see it tonight and I'm so excited :) It was always my favorite Disney movie.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I want to go see it too. I have fond memories from when I watched the first version in my childhood.

My sister already saw it last weekend and labeled it as 'very romantic'.

Talking about movies and childhood, I also want to go watch the new Power Rangers.:cool:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Me too! But early reports are saying it's not so good so I might wait.

I remember being maybe 8 or 9 when the show was really popular and my friends and I would play Power Rangers at recess. There were too many girls so we made up colors like "baby blue" ranger. We would get in trouble for fighting which we weren't really, but I'm sure all the teachers saw were us kicking and fake punching each other lol.
    hahaha! Who doesn't?

I always used to be the green/white ranger, because of my long hair. I had all collection of their action figures, until one of my cousins destroyed them all! Gosh I never hated a 4 year old kid as when I found out what he did lol, that was like 10 years ago.

Think I'm going to watch it tonight, I'll comeback to tell you if I do this.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I posted in the update thread that I'd love my Android appearances to unfreeze. I started 3 games trying to connect, and I have to try and troubleshoot my own games again. I'm going to try one more things for my Androids. I got 2 new email accounts, and 2 new Facebook accounts. Each Facebook account has one friend. The other Facebook account. One for Kat one for Z (z reveals her full name for the first time). I'm thinking, if I can change their game Facebook signins to the new accounts maybe that will fix them. If it does one by one I'll get my friends over to the new accounts. And this time, I am not adding everyone who asks regardless of platform. It will be a small list of my forum friends. So....anyone think this might work? I have no problem saving to google, it's the friend connection which equals Facebook. So....should I try? I'll ask glu if I can change my Fb logins. Or should I just go ahead and do it? On one hand, they'll be right in a matter of minutes. On the other....who the fudge knows?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    It should work!

Go to settings and remove the account from there. The new one will replace it once you sign-in.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Koko, sounds like a plan, but I truly wish that the update fix this issue too. There are more people frozen in my game, what could culminate on everyone getting frozen at some point if nothing is done.

Hi Serpent! Nice to meet you! Can you be more specifc? That were like 20 of them!

I watched the movie last night and I absolutely love it! It's very nostalgic and at the same time they added so many fresh elements.

I'm not a fan of super-hero movies, they always fail to develop the characters in exchange of doing elaborated action scenes, that's not the case here.

They respect the lore of the series, but is not tacky at all. I hope it does well, definitely it deserves a sequel.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Red Ranger from Wild Force. That was after my time lol

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/power-rangers-star-pleads-guilty-voluntary-manslaughter-article-1.3000349

My jam was the Mighty Morphin team.

I still want to see the movie but I also heard they don't spend very much time fighting as the rangers? Hmph. I think I'm just going to wait.

I will say that Beauty and the Beast was AMAZING
    I hate days when you walk into work to problems :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I know you all love posting photos of Kim on her phone and she just shared a new one! :)

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/849654795845619712
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Link took me to a Twitter page does not exist................now we go in search of....... lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I found it too. You are fast! I couldn't help it. saw Kim with phone......had to add text.

Kimeme.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I found it too. You are fast! I couldn't help it. saw Kim with phone......had to add text.

Kimeme.jpg

Love this!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Did anyone else watched/is watching '13 reasons why'?

It's so touching and sad, I finished yesterday and this is the kind of show that put us on such a reflective vibe, you know?

I definitely recommend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

It's so touching and sad, I finished yesterday and this is the kind of show that put us on such a reflective vibe, you know?

I definitely recommend!
    I am! Think I'm at episode 6 or 7. It is really a heavy but very moving show!
    It really shows you that even the smallest action can have a devistating effect and that we should be more aware of the consequences. Powerful show.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Nope, what is the show about Vats? Maybe I'll have to check it out on Netflix then.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

The plot is about a girl called Hannah Baker who commits suicide and she records these K7 tapes listing the 13 reasons why she did that. We follow her story through Clay Jensen one of her school mates, well and there is a lot more, but I don't want to spoil too much! Go figure Carol!:o
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I am! Think I'm at episode 6 or 7. It is really a heavy but very moving show!
    It really shows you that even the smallest action can have a devistating effect and that we should be more aware of the consequences. Powerful show.

Exactly! Things got even heavier from episode 9 to 13. The show is causing a lot of controversy.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    That is a powerful message. Now one more thing i have to watch. Thanks guys.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Vats wrote: »

I definitely recommend!

Yes! I watched it a couple weeks ago. It's very good. I have a friend who works with a group that's involved with suicide prevention. One of their programs deals has them going to schools and basically holding seminars for teachers and administrators to recognize behaviors and things they can do to help. They're using the show as a stepping stone to raise more awareness and get people talking. It's a really good thing.
    That's interesting SoundsP!

Psychiatrists and psychologist are debating a lot about the impact of the show, some defend it can help to raise awareness, while others say the show romanticize suicide and can have a negative effect on people.

Personally I agree with you, even if it is not the appropriated tool, at least the subject was brought to the table.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I've read those things too. Out of curiosity I read comments on articles and something positive I've noticed is people who are sharing their own experiences and talking about speaking with their own children on what they went through and leaving the door open for that sort of communication. Which is great.

At the same time I can see how it romanticizes suicide and let's face it; who wouldn't want to get revenge to the people who were mean to them in high school? But I think the other side of the show displays how Hannah's actions affected everyone and not in a good way. Yes, she got "revenge" but at what cost?

I'm interested to see if they do a second season and how that would play out since the book had no continuation.