How to Wear the New Gladiators?!! Help!

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    This made me laugh out loud. That is the perfect way to deal with pesky, confusing gladiator sandals!

Wow, this is how I'm going to wear those black crocheted type booties. You know, the one where one foot looks closed toed, while the other foot looks open toed? Hmmm, now how do we disquise that awful Bad prize hair?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Wow, this is how I'm going to wear those black crocheted type booties. You know, the one where one foot looks closed toed, while the other foot looks open toed? Hmmm, now how do we disquise that awful Bad prize hair?

Maybe a fortunate glitch will make that handy silver gown appear crumpled on top of your head, like a well-wrapped hair towel after a shower!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Bye the way, totally rocking the hat. How's our guy doing?

Well, for the sake of my sanity, I've given up on getting the guys' final prize, the blazer with white shirt. I did score Stellan the triple-necklace and the super-tight maroon pants. To comfort myself, I've dressed him here in a very similar shirt and blazer that I already had. It's some solace.

What do people think of the pants? Are they good or too tight? I almost think they're making him look chunky! Somehow, I think I liked them better on Moonyuushin's dude.

<Moonyuushin, post a final picture please, hon!>

image.jpg1_zps6fktlbfc.jpg

• ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    I think the look you created looks really good. The pants aren't too tight .Great job :)

*Looking forward to seeing the sexy handsome Moonys final look*

ETA: psst.. Luz, if it weren't for our different OS, I'd totally steal your man, he's hot♡

EtA#2: phew it's nice to know I wasn't the only one having ..erm.. difficulty pairing something with those boots that I liked. perhaps if we were offered a gladiator outfit to go with it, we'd have no problem, lol
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
    I think the look you created looks really good. The pants aren't too tight .Great job :)

*Looking forward to seeing the sexy handsome Moonys final look*

ETA: psst.. Luz, if it weren't for our different OS, I'd totally steal your man, he's hot♡

EtA#2: phew it's nice to know I wasn't the only one having ..erm.. difficulty pairing something with those boots that I liked. perhaps if we were offered a gladiator outfit to go with it, we'd have no problem, lol

Thanks for the kind words, Claire! The platform divide IS such a pain: maybe someday things will change and there can be a hot date! :cool:

The more I look at the prize I missed, compared to the shirt/blazer I already have, the better I feel. I think I like the more-tailored look better, anyway. Of course, that may all change if a male KKH player checks in here looking awesome!

• WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    OMG I'm sooooo tired.... grinded on stars since Friday morning!!

Gladiators aren't my thing & I wasn't going to go for them at all. But the mandatory parties we had to attend gave me a little heap of purple stars & I really wanted to open a gold box (hubby picked it... 25 Stars!) & after that... thought that I might as well go for the shoes, since I was only 16 stars away....

My Gladiator outfit.... Silver dress.... lots of diamonds & silver.. Metallic all the way.
    My doll is dressed in this outfit now & gotta say, it looks pretty hot.

Oh lawd.... this bish is tired after the grind....
    I need a break!!!! :)
    Wow, this is how I'm going to wear those black crocheted type booties. You know, the one where one foot looks closed toed, while the other foot looks open toed??

Ugh.... i haaaaate that it looks like that, might've been cute otherwise!
    Like the New Year's shoes, where one looks 5 sizes bigger than the other one!?
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I saw that several on my friends' list got all of the prizes. Happy for them. I know it took work!

I got my gladiator sandals so am happy with that. As predicted I did not get much past that.

I tried to get the overall shorts but, hit a snag. I did not have the icon or pop ups for the event for a while on Sunday. So the party I had during that time did not count. But I ran out of time anyway so it didn't really matter, in the end.

I paired the silver gladiator sandals with a dress that is kind of like a silver one piece bathing suit with a sheer silver overlay. Looks great! I haven't figured out how to snap a pic on an iPad yet, though. Yes I did google it, but it didn't work.
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I saw that several on my friends' list got all of the prizes. Happy for them. I know it took work!

I got my gladiator sandals so am happy with that. As predicted I did not get much past that.

I tried to get the overall shorts but, hit a snag. I did not have the icon or pop ups for the event for a while on Sunday. So the party I had during that time did not count. But I ran out of time anyway so it didn't really matter, in the end.

I paired the silver gladiator sandals with a dress that is kind of like a silver one piece bathing suit with a sheer silver overlay. Looks great! I haven't figured out how to snap a pic on an iPad yet, though. Yes I did google it, but it didn't work.

A few quick thoughts, hon!

If your icon and popup disappear during an event, it often works to just restart the app. You probably need to force the app closed by quickly double-tapping on that round "home" button just below your tablet screen. When you do that, a side-scrollable parade of your currently open apps will appear. Scroll to KKH, touch it, and quickly swipe your finger upwards towards the top of your screen. That's a forced close, in case you don't already do them! You should fix this as soon as you notice it during the event. I feel like I've received credit for things during events, even when those icons disappeared, but my mind is hazy about it. <and many, many other things>

To take a screenshot on iPad, you need to simultaneously press the "home" button AND the power button at the top right edge of your tablet <top right when you have the tablet held in the tall orientation>. There will be an instant in which your screen image seems to flash, and then your screenshot will be in your camera roll waiting for you.

Even more fun is to take the pictures using KKH's photo booths. Have you been doing that yet? Go to your wardrobe and make yourself look awesome. Then look at the left hand side of your screen while still in the closet. See the icon of a camera? Press it and a new window will open. You can choose backgrounds, poses, partners to be in the pic with you... Then press the camera icon at the bottom of this screen, and your new souvenir photo will be waiting in your camera roll for you, too!

Forgive me if you already know and do each of these things, just thought I'd write this back to you to be sure you did!

Wish wrote: »
    OMG I'm sooooo tired.... grinded on stars since Friday morning!!

Gladiators aren't my thing & I wasn't going to go for them at all. But the mandatory parties we had to attend gave me a little heap of purple stars & I really wanted to open a gold box (hubby picked it... 25 Stars!) & after that... thought that I might as well go for the shoes, since I was only 16 stars away....

My Gladiator outfit.... Silver dress.... lots of diamonds & silver.. Metallic all the way.
    My doll is dressed in this outfit now & gotta say, it looks pretty hot.

Oh lawd.... this bish is tired after the grind....
    I need a break!!!! :)

Congrats on the prizes! Trying to imagine how many stars you won-- I can picture you diving into a locked vault of them, like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his room full of gold!

I know what you mean about the burnout! Sometimes I feel a little like a strung-out junkie after one of these weekends.

I had to completely ignore the kstars-winning aspect of this weekend, because we had some actual real-world commitments scattered throughout. Reality can really harsh your obsessive game-playing buzz, man!

Congrats on the prizes! Trying to imagine how many stars you won-- I can picture you diving into a locked vault of them, like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his room full of gold!

I know what you mean about the burnout! Sometimes I feel a little like a strung-out junkie after one of these weekends.

I think I earned between 150-200 Stars... I know.... I'm insane!

Ack... I told myself I would take a break today...
    then there's a new update, new home... new dog!?!?
    Just bought him.... lovvve!

I need help :)
    No, definitely don't get help. Things would get pretty stale around here if you got help!

150-200 Kstars! That's fantastic. You're an inspiration.

If it makes you feel any better, I think the ability to watch video ads for Kstars is falling apart for many of us spoiled brats. I watched two videos in a row much earlier today, then the wall said "no more". I tried back out of curiosity a few minutes later, and there was 1 more available. And just now, the last three were there. So, yes, I got them, but I think it was the beginning of the end. I've never had a single hiccup until now, and in the other thread, Koko was saying how her iOS game is losing them, too... It was good while it lasted.

awwww.... well that sucks, I'm sorry!

I've been swimming in stars since this last event, plus using my gift cards finally.... playing without ads really is awesome... it's bliss to have so many stars & choices... & the totally awesome gifting goddesses on Google+ had already gifted me every new piece in my wardrobe after today's update... before I even signed in!!!

My madness will continue... no risk of losing me :)
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    A few quick thoughts, hon!

If your icon and popup disappear during an event, it often works to just restart the app. You probably need to force the app closed by quickly double-tapping on that round "home" button just below your tablet screen. When you do that, a side-scrollable parade of your currently open apps will appear. Scroll to KKH, touch it, and quickly swipe your finger upwards towards the top of your screen. That's a forced close, in case you don't already do them! You should fix this as soon as you notice it during the event. I feel like I've received credit for things during events, even when those icons disappeared, but my mind is hazy about it. <and many, many other things>

To take a screenshot on iPad, you need to simultaneously press the "home" button AND the power button at the top right edge of your tablet <top right when you have the tablet held in the tall orientation>. There will be an instant in which your screen image seems to flash, and then your screenshot will be in your camera roll waiting for you.

Even more fun is to take the pictures using KKH's photo booths. Have you been doing that yet? Go to your wardrobe and make yourself look awesome. Then look at the left hand side of your screen while still in the closet. See the icon of a camera? Press it and a new window will open. You can choose backgrounds, poses, partners to be in the pic with you... Then press the camera icon at the bottom of this screen, and your new souvenir photo will be waiting in your camera roll for you, too!

Forgive me if you already know and do each of these things, just thought I'd write this back to you to be sure you did!

Thanks, I appreciate all of that and the time you took to try to help me. :)

Ah this explains why I couldn't figure out how to snap a screen image on iPad. It's in a permanent case that covers all sides.

I haven't set up the pic-taking capability on it either so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I recall trying the photo booth in the past but it didn't seem to work...maybe because of not setting up the iPad properly. Not sure. I have no real interest in photo-taking with it most of the time. But it might be nice to be able to snap a pic of the avatar and use it here, for instance.

I did go in and out of the game when that happened (bit sleepy when I played so I'm not sure I noticed it until almost done with that particular party) and it didn't seem to do anything...When I played again later though the icon and pop ups were back. I thought maybe the event had ended, before. I think I had started that party, then went back in to finish it and that's when the icon etc. were gone, so I figured oh well I blew it but let's finish the party. Then when it reappeared later, I thought pfft it messed up instead.

It shouldn't really have these glitches, right??

I will try that suggestion of sliding up the game icon (if there are problems in future). Thanks.
    Hi again, PolkaDot! Just one question-- why do you think that you need to set up a photo-taking ability on your iPad? I think everything comes ready to use.

All I ever do is tap on the icon of a camera, on the first screen in the upper left corner. The camera app opens, and I can just press the white circle on the right-hand side of the screen to snap a picture. The only changes I can make are to toggle between photo and video, or to turn the HDR on or off. <I don't know what an HDR is. Really should google that soon.>

Is there something else related to the app that you know about and want to do?

And yeah, the glitches are obnoxious. But I do continue to be amazed by all that the game does right-- I mean, I can't imagine the complexity that goes into designing and producing this monster game, and having it function even marginally well! And KKH really functions splendidly, despite the occasional hiccups we all see sometimes...

Nice new avi Luz!!!
    Hi, Wish! I was a little torn, because I liked having a smiling face for my forum avatar, but this hat looks better with a serious face... Thanks for your vote!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

I had to completely ignore the kstars-winning aspect of this weekend, because we had some actual real-world commitments scattered throughout. Reality can really harsh your obsessive game-playing buzz, man!

Don't look now Luz, but I think Wish laundered the KStars already. Talk about a counting room.1190837_Room-full-of-cash_620-2.jpg

You didn't have to do that Wish. It just seemed like the offer of a star for each 5Star gig was too good to be true.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LMAO you guys!! ;)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Sassi wrote: »
    image_zpsv2wkq6fx.jpg

This is solid.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Here are some more outfits I think kinda go with the gladiator sandals. They definitely don't got with a lot of stuff but I think they work with these outfits?

By the way we should totally do this every weekend!

CF2E182A-7B79-4EAB-892D-DD3C18F539FA_zpsnlo510kc.jpg

7BEDF2C2-BBAF-4104-899C-659FC5C1B253_zpspoy8hgfx.jpg

58BBCCF3-414B-4D1A-AE57-7862A830651E_zpsprjvdbyi.jpg

2C0651F9-2E53-47BE-97ED-AB1CF0AE6F25_zpsw4d3h2ji.jpg

Nice work on these too!!
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Why thank you! You're too kind :D
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Wow these suggestions are just awesome! *carefully studying each outfit* WOW!!!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    c6b5266d-1854-4342-9da9-11a97b096d1f_zpsabtgfrwd.png8e90da20-d01a-4722-b5a0-4bd603c93b3d_zps1mekftf7.png.html3d2691d3-9a13-46cf-8d3b-6bfa6089469a_zps2fuo5cui.pnga7b38144-9f4f-4a3e-879b-c13f8c32b90d_zpssuluodox.png30ea5c05-e1f0-4609-a54a-85195499ba6d_zpstp2duebh.png

These are the ways I style them..not to fancy, but for some reason I like them with white..

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    I never thought to wear them over pants! That looks surprisingly great. Good stuff, Noonaluvfood!

Also, if you wouldn't mind, what is the origin of the handle Noonaluvfood? Is it a funny play on Luna Lovegood, or something else entirely?

Thanks!

I do not know what Luna Lovegood is? The handle Noonaluvfood is from the Korean word Noona, which means older sister, and I also just love food lol. That was how I cam up with the name :)

• moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    c6b5266d-1854-4342-9da9-11a97b096d1f_zpsabtgfrwd.png8e90da20-d01a-4722-b5a0-4bd603c93b3d_zps1mekftf7.png.html3d2691d3-9a13-46cf-8d3b-6bfa6089469a_zps2fuo5cui.pnga7b38144-9f4f-4a3e-879b-c13f8c32b90d_zpssuluodox.png30ea5c05-e1f0-4609-a54a-85195499ba6d_zpstp2duebh.png

These are the ways I style them..not to fancy, but for some reason I like them with white..

Noona is sooooo pretty >w<
    *intentionally borrows from SHINEE*
    Noona is sooooo pretty >w<
    *intentionally borrows from SHINEE*

OMG You just said Shinee!!! Although I have to say I like the oppa's in EXO-k better. :o

Thanks!

I do not know what Luna Lovegood is? The handle Noonaluvfood is from the Korean word Noona, which means older sister, and I also just love food lol. That was how I cam up with the name :)

Luna Lovegood was a sweet little witch from the Harry Potter books who really beat to her own drummer... Wish I was home so I could post a pic of her!

But anyways, she was quirky & a target of bullying, and Harry took her under his wing, became quite fond of her during the series. I could see people riffing on her name sometimes...

Luna Lovegood was a sweet little witch from the Harry Potter books who really beat to her own drummer... Wish I was home so I could post a pic of her!

But anyways, she was quirky & a target of bullying, and Harry took her under his wing, became quite fond of her during the series. I could see people riffing on her name sometimes...

Aww poor girl, at least someone was kind enough to be her friend :D