Why date at all?

morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
I have been married and divorced more times than I can count and only once did I do the divorcing. With the gigs and parties that I want to do that actually help me I never have the energy to do the dates they want to keep them happy. Other than having a rank on the couple board I have not seen a benefit of being a steady couple. Am I missing something?

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I have been married and divorced more times than I can count and only once did I do the divorcing. With the gigs and parties that I want to do that actually help me I never have the energy to do the dates they want to keep them happy. Other than having a rank on the couple board I have not seen a benefit of being a steady couple. Am I missing something?

No, you're not. It can be a big hassle. When I have the energy for it, I like the silly little rush of dating a GC friend who's looking good, though. For me, it's just an added little bit of fun when I feel like it... No big deal.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I'm on my second marriage, but have had multiple boyfriends... the only rewards I can think of are the daily energy & money you get from your spouse, and the rewards when you hit a certain level in your relationship, and the experience points you get during dates... that's really it. I don't move much on the couple's ranking. Been #48 for a while. I totally saved a ton of money being single. But I'll go on a date if its 1 or 2 hrs and I can do it real quick at Oak or if I have full energy and have a free date in Dubai or the Hamptons...
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    Breen819 wrote: »
    the only rewards I can think of are the daily energy & money you get from your spouse,

Yeah, I thought that was going to be great but since a pet can give you energy and money every 4 hours and a spouse only once per day it seems like another way he is a self absorbed drain on my busy lifestyle. :)
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I got second married just in time for v day update but it didn't last very long. I'm trying to do my comeback I need energy for parties. The guys in this game are so silly, my first husband broke up with me because we were 'practically strangers' - like, you're in all of my houses. And my shop. And always waiting for me by that bicycle. Don't think so chummy. If dating got us fans I'd be more interested, but yeah I kind of agree with you.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Thinking of getting divorced in the game. Who can deal with the constant whining for a daily date? :O

Or the output of energy bolts...when they could be used for earning money instead...
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I got second married just in time for v day update but it didn't last very long. I'm trying to do my comeback I need energy for parties. The guys in this game are so silly, my first husband broke up with me because we were 'practically strangers' - like, you're in all of my houses. And my shop. And always waiting for me by that bicycle. Don't think so chummy. If dating got us fans I'd be more interested, but yeah I kind of agree with you.
    I agree with your sentiment 100%. I *hate* forced dating with a passion. I'm engaged now, but I think I'll stay engaged indefinitely as obligatory dates are only once a day, lol. Play the field, Morgaine, break some hearts. My current fiancée is a GC player, so I have fun seeing the new outfits she wears. She's completed this event, for example. :)

ψ(๑⁼̴̀o⁼̴́)੭ु⁾⁾
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Today is a good example. I should be spending my (real) time and the game energy bolts on parties, for the event. Instead, I am checking in every so often in order to fill up one date with the game spouse.

It's really annoying.
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I declined my husband tonight. He needs to understand how busy I am... I don't have time to take him out. He should be taking me out!
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Breen819 wrote: »
    I declined my husband tonight. He needs to understand how busy I am... I don't have time to take him out. He should be taking me out!

LOL.... I'm totally loving the single life.... grinding away on stars... wohoo!! ;)
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    Dating is fun for me. It's nice going home and seeing a handsome guy just standing there. It doesn't matter if it's my 4th time being married. I don't know. I don't look at it as inconvenient but it cost money that you might find annoying to spend.

But after a while, spending 650 on a date isn't so terrible if you're getting hundreds of dollars per gig anyway
  • SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    Well marriage is hard work and our little starlet should learn that :D
    But yeah essentially there's no point to it.
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Currently divorced but IDK, I kind of miss all the excitment of getting married so I'm back to dating again. This weekend though, I've hadn't time to date so I hope my current guy doesn't want to breakup due to neglect. I missed day with my last boyfriend and he broke up with me fast, sheezh
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee