Options

I know this might sound silly...

xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
...but I want to start my second comeback. I'm at #2 on my game and one of my GC friends is number one. How soon after I delete someone do they disappear from my game? I promise I'll re-add, I just really want to start the second comeback haha
Level 32
#2 spot
#2nd comeback

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It really varies a ton. They could disappear almost immediately or linger for weeks. It might not help you at all for the foreseeable future! Might be more straightforward to just party your butt off, unless there are many millions of fans to gain. It's very annoying to delete somebody and watch them willfully hang around...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    It really varies a ton. They could disappear almost immediately or linger for weeks. It might not help you at all for the foreseeable future! Might be more straightforward to just party your butt off, unless there are many millions of fans to gain. It's very annoying to delete somebody and watch them willfully hang around...

I deleted someone who went inactive a couple of months ago and she's still in my game :( Ughhh. There's at least 50M fans for me to overtake! Maybe I should just buy a bunch of star packages and party through it like you said...
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    That might be more efficient. But devil's advocate-- one thing I love about the Comeback dresses is that they're the ultimate free earner items. It you can hold out a little longer it'll still be free, and buying the energy to race through forty parties is pricey. I'd rather imagine you buying those stars and using them to get yourself a bunch of gorgeous outfits. Can you resist the lure of the comeback just a little longer? Eye of the tiger!

• Options
    As an aside, I had a new GC contact who was male, and when I saw him one day I read his message for the first time: "what's up, s l u t." Now, this person was a stranger to me, and for some reason that just seemed obnoxiously misogynistic, so I hit delete. I didn't feel like reading that, or similar, again & again and feeling icky each time when I was supposed to be enjoying my mindless fun. But then he lingered for months, just to spite me. But at least he couldn't talk anymore.

Doesn't that sound hypocritical? I mean, my guy game uses pick-up lines that would get him slapped in real life, but they are more affectionate and lurid than deprecating. Hopefully he's isn't actually angering other players, just making them laugh and say "loser!"

• Options
    As an aside, I had a new GC contact who was male, and when I saw him one day I read his message for the first time: "what's up, s l u t." Now, this person was a stranger to me, and for some reason that just seemed obnoxiously misogynistic, so I hit delete. I didn't feel like reading that, or similar, again & again and feeling icky each time when I was supposed to be enjoying my mindless fun. But then he lingered for months, just to spite me. But at least he couldn't talk anymore.

Doesn't that sound hypocritical? I mean, my guy game uses pick-up lines that would get him slapped in real life, but they are more affectionate and lurid than deprecating. Hopefully he's isn't actually angering other players, just making them laugh and say "loser!"

First of all, I would hate that. Especially if he lingered in my game. I dunno, it just looks untidy and I hate that. Secondly, I suppose I could wait. Hopefully all the Tokyo quests can boost my fans and I can get to #1 quicker. Thanks for responding :)
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts

Ooh I'm seeing Christian Gray vibes here, at least 20 shades of it. See, I'm totally okay with insane behavior like that if I'm playing with somebody. Sounds fun. Minus the mysoginistic jibe, though.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    That might be more efficient. But devil's advocate-- one thing I love about the Comeback dresses is that they're the ultimate free earner items. It you can hold out a little longer it'll still be free, and buying the energy to race through forty parties is pricey. I'd rather imagine you buying those stars and using them to get yourself a bunch of gorgeous outfits. Can you resist the lure of the comeback just a little longer? Eye of the tiger!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Hold out, get it for free. Just keep going, the people at the top will stay at the top, but when you hit max, no matter how many other people are up in Max as well, you're always number 1 in your game, when others are the same number of fans. I'm slugging away for number 2 comeback as well, and, we'll get there. It's long, and arduous, but otherwise, you'd just be tapping for the sake of tapping. Resist! Save those star packages for bling and dresses and shoes, and bling. Oh, did I say bling twice? If it's sparkly you must have it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, I saw that numbknots. I just refused to interact with him. Why would a real person write that as the greeting? The NPC jacka$$es with "Well you could have dressed better" aren't as bad as that other one. I hope they read this and change it. I don't remember the name, but it's just tasteless.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Why would a real person write that as the greeting?

Wouldn't it be fascinating if a NPC said it! That'd be a different ballgame altogether! Can you imagine the emergency meetings at Glu if the NPCs went wonky? <Kinda like when the Disney animators get mad and put subtle obscenities into the movies>

• Options
    MarikitaMarikita Registered Users 95 Posts
    How soon after I delete someone do they disappear from my game?
    I play in two devices: my phone and my tablet. It was a mess to play with the same account on two differents devices, so I started a new game with a new google account on my tab.. I guess two months ago: I still have that "double me" in my friends list! I've restarted the game another time I don't remember why... and.. now I have 3 "double me" in my friend's list! Luckly they were not over me!!