General Complaints Thread

Comments

• nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I'm frustrated because that pink short dress isn't achievable until level 34 [I don't know why they keep adding levels if they're not gonna release a decent amount of clothing like they used to] and I'm on level 30.

Does it cost K-Stars? Just to lose hope altogether and start watching videos until I reach that level lmao.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok Vats........Cancel the funeral of an android game. Guess who showed up in my list? Jax. So, you must be right around the corner!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm frustrated because that pink short dress isn't achievable until level 34 [I don't know why they keep adding levels if they're not gonna release a decent amount of clothing like they used to] and I'm on level 30.

Does it cost K-Stars? Just to lose hope altogether and start watching videos until I reach that level lmao.

The 34th level dress is 100KStars it's adorable though. Always something else to buy. lol

And for the itchy Android...must because we dated so much last week to get little SamiJ. I must have spoiled him. I shuttled him between Oak, Miraggio Grande (I cant spell this one fo shizzles) and I took him to Dubai and little Sami was ours. Anyway, everytime I do a date with a game, I'm going to screenshot it, and the file name is the date and time. So, if any funny stuff happens, I have proof the game went crazy. And I'll ask THEM for the make up fee.

And final tale in this for the time being. I finally got the time down to 2 hours, a bottle of wine and a kiss at oak and he was done. Phew. Now excuse me I have graphics to make, but I'll swing by SUpport.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok Vats........Cancel the funeral of an android game. Guess who showed up in my list? Jax. So, you must be right around the corner!

I didn't show up on your game yet?

Now I understand why people complained about the slowness.

I added both your games at same time, but only one of the twins appeared so far.

Jax and Moony appeared a few days ago together. With Jax's all perfect, but Moony doesn't change his clothes in my game, I'm happy to have him in my game even though he's starting to smelling lol

Charli appeared today and I already put him to work b*tch!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I just recently started my second comeback and every since then when I date my husband we haven't moved up the list. I've been on probably 15 dates with him and we haven't even moved up a spot. Has this happened to anyone else? I guess it doesn't matter about moving up its just annoying since I have to date him everyday anyways. I was thinking that it could be because I'm on the C list and he is on the B list, so maybe it won't allow us to move up until im on the same level or higher then him? I don't know just thought I'd see if anyone had this happen.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Glu I'd like to not be locked down to 8 hour events.

I am not able to try to hang out with the VIPs, which I did once when I was boycotting all gigs for a few days...and it was fun to hang out with "Kim K" in virtuality for an hour, funny and fun.

Now it's back to grind, grind, grind, tap tap tap. If checking in a few times and flying around to all of the pets I can just about finish an 8 hour gig with 5 stars, otherwise it's 3 stars if I can only make a couple of world tours. It gets repetitive and monotonous, sorry.

Shorter gigs! Let us vary it up! Less grinding, less tapping, more variety, please? By variety, I mean that I can choose the gigs. And tell Simon to cool his jets please :( No sooner do I finally finish one 8 hour job than he immediately phones up wanting me to do another one. What??

(Edit: Oh and I forgot...no matter what I do my fan rating keeps plummeting, sometimes it plummets while I am just standing there, or when I just finished something with 5 stars. Why? It's like a slap with a wet noodle after I tried so hard for some progress.)

I don't want to feel tired after playing, I want to feel giddy and entertained, or relaxed.

Oh and most of the recipients are not getting their gifts, as I see only an occasional person wear any...and none of the people who say "gift for gift" send me a thing and they can't all be lying! So again please...stabilize the gift function and let us have some way to know it was successfully sent and/or received. Not the pop ups...something a bit better. Some of us spend a LOT on those things...game money and K stars both. It's a major source of revenue for you I think? So how about improving the interface for it?

Thanks.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Charli appeared today and I already put him to work b*tch!

As if Simon's jobs weren't enough, now I have another one. Lemme goooo !!!

I can't see you either. Lets just hope it works out. I appeared in DMV Doll's game but I could never see her in mine :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Oh and most of the recipients are not getting their gifts, as I see only an occasional person wear any...and none of the people who say "gift for gift" send me a thing and they can't all be lying! So again please...stabilize the gift function and let us have some way to know it was successfully sent and/or received. Not the pop ups...something a bit better. Some of us spend a LOT on those things...game money and K stars both. It's a major source of revenue for you I think? So how about improving the interface for it?

Thanks.

Dot I tried to gift you earlier and it said you have everything.. But I do agree there should be a pop up telling us if the person received the gifts, because I've had about 3 times when I sent expensive gifts and when I went to check back they claimed the person had restarted their progress even though they didn't :/
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

Charli wrote: »
    As if Simon's jobs weren't enough, now I have another one. Lemme goooo !!!

I can't see you either. Lets just hope it works out. I appeared in DMV Doll's game but I could never see her in mine :(

Oh Charli didn't know you were tired, I just didn't want us to get connected romantically. Good news for now... you're last on my list so until I maximize the professionals points of the others you can take a vacation. At the moment Koko is my slave lol

I hope to soon appear in your game!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Angie7680 wrote: »
    Dot I tried to gift you earlier and it said you have everything.. But I do agree there should be a pop up telling us if the person received the gifts, because I've had about 3 times when I sent expensive gifts and when I went to check back they claimed the person had restarted their progress even though they didn't :/

Thanks for letting me know. The gifts part doesn't matter so much it's just the idea of people wasting money/effort - etc.

That is really weird though because I don't have everything, so something isn't working right. Thanks again for the info. And for trying to gift.
    The 34th level dress is 100KStars

-screams internally-
    I guess I won't get it then, nevermind lmao.
    Also @PolkaDot: If I remember correctly, you sent me a gift, right? If not then ignore this message but if yes, I didn't receive anything. Apparently this is a common issue that gets fixed with updates or something? idk. Well, anyway, if you did, thank you!!
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • ZepengZepeng Registered Users 53 Posts
    Thanks for letting me know. The gifts part doesn't matter so much it's just the idea of people wasting money/effort - etc.

That is really weird though because I don't have everything, so something isn't working right. Thanks again for the info. And for trying to gift.

Hi PolkaDot,

I recently added you as a friend too... Thanks for accepting ☺️. But I found that you also have everything that's gift able. I think I do too because everything unlocked on the pages of gifts I can send you, I have in my wardrobe.

I do find it unfortunate that most of the new clothing we have received through the new updates aren't gift able. I don't have everything but I'd rather send a gift of a nice outfit to a contact than waste my $ or stars on clothes that I think are ugly and would never dress my doll in. lol.
    Add me on GC: zepeng
    Thank you for the feedback :)

zepeng I checked and you were one I had not gifted because it says everything is unavailable. :/

Maybe it depends which level both people are on - not sure.

nebula - what is your user name? I couldn't find a nebula in my friend list. I will check later what the situation is. If I was able to, (if it let me), then I would've sent something, yes.

Edit: After looking at this weekend's event thread - I wish that for the Anniversary weekend, the gift box price would've been half - 20 K stars, not 40. It's too bad Vats spent 120 K stars and did not get his coveted "Brad Pitt" hairstyle.

nebula - what is your user name? I couldn't find a nebula in my friend list. I will check later what the situation is. If I was able to, (if it let me), then I would've sent something, yes.

My name in the game is Dolce.
    My GC name is euedolx.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I find myself particularly upset that Vats wanted that hair so much and campaigned so tirelessly for it, and he gave Glu his money like they want, and he spent a big pile of Kstars to get the reward, and it did him no good. He did everything right in order to get the prize, but he still lost. That really sucks. I think it hit home to me when I thought there might actually be a bathing suit in play for the guys, and had to realize that I could spend my large reserve of Kstars down to zero and still not get it at all. That's hateful. The gift boxes are set up miserably. Shameful.

Only if Vats cheated Glu could he actually have that hair right now. What the hell is that about?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Yes, it made me very sad to see as well. He is the all around nice guy, and did you see his accepting attitude when it was right there beyond his grasp? People are ready to rip the game a new one becuase they're only watching 4 videos a day instead of 6. Yet Vats, just played so honestly. Did you see all the boxes he bought? I've never done that many in quest of something, And there is nothing we can do because we can't gift it to him. The whole premise of the GiftBoxes has changed. After I saw that post of Vats, I just felt bad. And he wouldn't want us to feel bad, but the game can be so hurtful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It's certainly not a friendly feeling, that's for sure. Definite turn-off.

It's a ripoff, beyond the attaining of a legitimate player. Even if you had no control of yourself and your spending habits, and you spent hundreds of dollars buying multiple largest kstar packages, you very well might not get that hair. That's ugly.

Mind you, I like short hair on men. I don't want this hair for myself. But I really wanted to see it on Vats.

This gift box thing is predatory.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i never spend money on this game and if i could send Vats 20-30 bucks for stars i would. i felt terrible for him and you really gotta go some to make me feel bad about anything.

edit: actually i'm gonna edit that. i don't know how much i'll be posting from here on out. i don't like editing myself or holding my tongue but i shouldn't complain either. i've been trying to lay down the proverbial crack pipe for a few weeks but i think i'm out for real now. deuces
    no i don't have any chill
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i never spend money on this game and if i could send him 20-30 bucks for stars i would. i felt terrible for him and you really gotta go some to make me feel bad about anything.

they need to do away with the giftboxes or make them 5 stars a piece or something. it's beyond unfair to legit players.

I absolutely agree with you!!! they really need to slash the price on those gift boxes! Today after getting the 20k stars I decided to try my luck and luckily got awarded the same 40k stars and I STOPPED right there... Specially since in 2 of the boxes there was 4k, I would have been sooo annoyed if I would have gotten one of those. In my original box I got some white shoes.
    GC Minne622
    Reading what you write here guys, I'm very flattered that we have a community with such good people and that we're ready to support each other even we're from different places and at such a large distance. No hair would make me happier than you make. Whatever to the corporate side the game has taken I'm here for the people!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

Polka Dot -- I have received gifts from you. Thank you so much! It delights me. I have tried to send you gifts but it shows that you already have everything.

Holly ( KKH doll name = Dixie Dixon)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I've bought 3 and 4 '40-K star' boxes in the past and not gotten the prize I was after - one time it was all money or energy or K stars. (The prizes I won.)

I've made numerous suggestions about the gift boxes as well as the gifts for friends function and so far no changes.

I had thought maybe the 20 K star price of a week or so ago (whenever it was) would be the new price...no such luck.

This weekend, I got money in my mystery box, and didn't buy any more boxes at 40 K stars.

I think it's overpriced, those mystery or gift boxes; and I think the prizes should either be 40 K stars (i.e. another free try) or something good, wearable and unique. Not ordinary things from the wardrobe at that price either. It's not right that someone can spend way more than a given item is worth and still not receive it. (Reminds me a lot of the unpopular prize wheel mechanic in 'another game.')

As it stands there really is no incentive for people to buy those 40 K-star boxes but I guess the remaining way to be heard must be to simply not buy them. I'm not calling for a boycott. I'm talking about my own decision.

It's disheartening...I was sad to read that about Vats too.

I feel similarly but not as strongly, about the shoes this week; they are types I would love to have. (That yellow bikini is really cute, too.) But there is no way to get them. I will be lucky if I can even get two prizes by the time the event ends. I was sick yesterday, my computer has been crashing a lot which puts me behind in a lot of other things, and also this is a holiday weekend, other things to do.

And I almost had one event at 5 stars and slept past the job's end, because I was sick and exhausted. It shouldn't be this difficult. No one should have to stay up playing this just to try to finish an event, either. It's not that type of claw and compete game, it's a social game. I thought?

I have made various suggestions and I don't think they will be implemented so all I can say at this point is I am trying to hang in there. But the fun part is dwindling. I don't know who can win these events aside from people who do you know what to get unlimited stuff - unless once in a while someone splurges and buys tons of K stars, which I've done and so I'm not saying everyone who wins, 'avoids paying for the game.' But no one can afford to do that often and most can't do that at all. I shouldn't either.

Sorry I'm tired and ranty, it's all from a sense of disappointment. I really like the yellow bikini and the shoes, and that doggone sapphire ring eluded me again too. Lol

___ to answer a post ____

I don't have the name Dolce in my friend list and that's all I saw last time I was online, before my computer crashed...So that's what I looked for...Now I see the rest of the post...I do recall seeing the name euedolx though and will check next time to make sure if I gifted or couldn't gift.

___

Edited to add a post script: If Glu is worried about making the only prizes in the bought prize boxes be K stars or wearables, because their concern is that people will just try forever til they got what they wanted, i.e. won K stars to try again or got their prize, and that it would no longer be a gamble - then simply set a limit on how many times people can try in a given day! It would still be a game of chance in that they would not be outright buying a thing they chose, but taking a chance on getting that or something else. But everything in that box should be good. If people wanted to spend K stars on game money or energy - they would!

TL/DR = the K star boxes should either contain K stars for another try, or, a unique wearable. Limit the plays per day if Glu is concerned people would just try forever (thus making it no longer a game of chance.) That way would be a win/win - anyone agree?
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Polka Dot -- I have received gifts from you. Thank you so much! It delights me. I have tried to send you gifts but it shows that you already have everything.

Holly ( KKH doll name = Dixie Dixon)

Holly! Yes I sent you a bunch of stuff one at a time I think because you wore everything...I really liked to see that because then I knew you had received it. And I had some K stars at the time so it was fun :) (Edit: and btw you made stunning outfit combinations out of everything - that was fun to see, too.)

If I spend K stars and never see it (on their doll), or am not sure they got it, I'm usually afraid to send more, because I've been told by some they didn't get a thing which was sent...

You were really fun to send to and that's fine about the gifts back, I just had a bad day and it was more like, does this keep happening that either I'm not getting things, they're not getting things, or no one sends a thing? Lol

Now I understand that my wardrobe shows 'everything is purchased' which is odd because I have a lot of things still but at least now I can put my mind at ease as to why. Just another game glitch I guess?! It doesn't matter about the gift part as such, because I can't even wear what I already have...so it's not a biggie :)

Vats that was such a sweet thing to say. I hope Glu will give the guys their Brad Pitt hair, and make it easy and cheap to obtain ;)
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i never spend money on this game and if i could send Vats 20-30 bucks for stars i would. i felt terrible for him and you really gotta go some to make me feel bad about anything.

edit: actually i'm gonna edit that. i don't know how much i'll be posting from here on out. i don't like editing myself or holding my tongue but i shouldn't complain either. i've been trying to lay down the proverbial crack pipe for a few weeks but i think i'm out for real now. deuces

Awww I'll miss you Alkoholiks. You add another voice to the forum and it won't be the same if that is gone. I understand but you will be missed and I hope you will come back some day.

I think it is OK to rant here, Glu even said so...they are reading the topic etc. I know a good rant can be cathartic.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    PolkaDot, the items in our wardrobe with yellow borders, black background all cannot be gifted. Are those items what you don't have? Hoping you don't actually have a glitch there.
    PM to add
    Holly! Yes I sent you a bunch of stuff one at a time I think because you wore everything...I really liked to see that because then I knew you had received it. And I had some K stars at the time so it was fun :) (Edit: and btw you made stunning outfit combinations out of everything - that was fun to see, too.)

You were really fun to send to and that's fine about the gifts back, I just had a bad day and it was more like, does this keep happening that either I'm not getting things, they're not getting things, or no one sends a thing? Lol

Now I understand that my wardrobe shows 'everything is purchased' which is odd because I have a lot of things still but at least now I can put my mind at ease as to why. Just another game glitch I guess?! It doesn't matter about the gift part as such, because I can't even wear what I already have...so it's not a biggie )

I always try to build outfits around gifts that I receive, hoping that the Sender "sees" Dixie wearing them. I rarely receive gifts so I was very excited when you sent several.

You should complain to glu about not being able to receive gifts!

Holly (KKH character = Dixie Dixon)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I'm disappointed by this Anniversary celebration. I think the prizes we are trying to win should be more lavish. I also think 40K per mystery box chance is too expensive. I buy my K stars and feel KKH is very greedy about the K stars. Items cost too many K stars and K stars are way too difficult to earn.

I'm also disappointed by the VIP feature. Initially I was very excited and readily spent my energy to hang out with a VIP so that I could get their perk. However, I realized that despite having a VIP with me at 10 different events, I only received their perk twice. That's ridiculous. I stopped wasting my energy on VIPs.

Holly
    (KKH character = Dixie Dixon)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I am also here to voice my frustration with this event. I pay real money for my K-stars, and I feel like Glu is making this game go in a direction where it is becoming more and more impossible to achieve goals and finish events without wasting stars on extra energy, or on "mystery boxes" and their bonus points (that I never, ever pick correctly - I have wasted so much real money on those boxes only to get cash every time that I refuse to waste my stars anymore. No matter how awesome the box gifts are, like this week I really wanted those shoes.... but I refuse to waste the stars)

It's frustrating that I have paid Glu so much real money to support them and this game, because I feel like Glu sees us giving them money and instead of asking themselves "How can we make the game a more rewarding experience for them?" they're instead asking "How can we get them to spend even MORE money!" Our loyalty and commitment and honesty feels exploited.

I just wish they would throw us a bone every once in a while. Needing to reach 600 event stars to 'complete' an event is insane and virtually impossible. Why can't Glu make it 25 - 100 - 200 - 400?
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Lower the event requirements, glu, ugh.
    PM to add
    Nai: I didn't even know that they set it up so that some items cannot be gifted. I thought only hair and makeup (and now baby stuff) could not be gifted. Why would they put some things off limits for gifts? That makes no sense to me. I will check later and see if the only things I don't have yet have those borders, or not. thanks.

Holly: BTW you are "Holly Sisk" in my game. I really enjoyed seeing your doll in the outfits because it's like, first of all, hey, she got the gift and secondly, hey, she liked the gift...and then you paired it with things I wouldn't have thought of. Was very thoughtful of you actually.

The event...has me bummed. I am still short of the earrings...I don't know if it's worth grinding away my weekend just to get a pair of virtual earrings. Really Glu? Have you thought about the way you are doing this? Because I see no sense in it. Only people with unlimited K stars to buy endless energy could POSSIBLY finish this event.

So why dangle fab prizes before the rest of our noses, leaving us feel (insert negative emotion here)? It's going to backfire, I think.

The prevailing wisdom among most game developers seems to be that your initial players or 'early adopters' will leave after a certain point in time anyway. I dispute that. The game industry is still so young, especially mobile gaming, that no rule should be thought of yet as etched in stone. Make us stay! Treat us fairly.