General Complaints Thread

Comments

• JasminaJasmina Registered Users 46 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    This feels like a slap in the face from glu. the biggest complaint about the last update was the extreme increase in difficulty of completing parties and now they just went and made parties even harder. $#@%!

This is annoying me too! I'm only on my second party as I'm busy IRL and my energies aren't making that much difference. It would take absolutely forever for me to get the main prize!
    GC Name ~ Jasminadee
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I hope they make the ombré hair available later.
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    They really need to... To the point where it's no obligation... I'm not going to spend a dime on a event where I have grind harder than I ever did before. They can count on me not paying for k stars for a very long time. Whenever I just start to trust Glu again they always let me down..
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It is strange how they no longer care that the event gameplay absolutely sucks. I completed one party, just to see what it was like, and it sucked hardcore, so I'm done. I used to find it irresistable, grinding away despite the slowly increasing difficulty. But this is waaaaaaay too much. Who cares enough about a pretend wardrobe item to sacrifice their time and happiness over it? Finally, I don't even care, and I used to be obsessively completeist about KKH. But it's broken.

Yep, I used to love this game and like Glu, but they've absolutely turned that around over the last couple of weeks. I bought a large reserve of kstars during that weekend sale on them, but now I'm just slowly using them up. I even stupidly bought the ridiculous ombre hair/red dress package in a moronic burst of optimism. Oh well, stupid me! I will never buy more.

The short-term money-grab is a better financial move than the long-term cultivation of customers! Who would've thought. Maybe they're just cutting this game's throat and moving on to the other games.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I couldn't agree more with you guys, as if the previous update didn't make the party feature harder and they go in and make it even harder!?!

GLU DO YOU EVEN COME IN HERE AND READ WHAT WE ARE SAYING!?!?!?!?!

Why did they have to make a once fun game so hard!?! Because on my weekends I rather sit my **** on the couch and play KKH... Who wants to actually go out and ENJOY LIFE!?!
    This was for me, my little time off to relax so I am upset that they've gone and taken all the fun out. It's suppose to be fun about fashion and friends. I get that KimK life is probably stressful in real life, but please stop adding that stress to the game too! She's got her bank full of money, she can manage that stress. US here use this to distress!
    GC Minne622
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    It is strange how they no longer care that the event gameplay absolutely sucks. I completed one party, just to see what it was like, and it sucked hardcore, so I'm done. I used to find it irresistable, grinding away despite the slowly increasing difficulty. But this is waaaaaaay too much. Who cares enough about a pretend wardrobe item to sacrifice their time and happiness over it? Finally, I don't even care, and I used to be obsessively completeist about KKH. But it's broken.

Yep, I used to love this game and like Glu, but they've absolutely turned that around over the last couple of weeks. I bought a large reserve of kstars during that weekend sale on them, but now I'm just slowly using them up. I even stupidly bought the ridiculous ombre hair/red dress package in a moronic burst of optimism. Oh well, stupid me! I will never buy more.

The short-term money-grab is a better financial move than the long-term cultivation of customers! Who would've thought. Maybe they're just cutting this game's throat and moving on to the other games.

My exact thoughts!

Ever since I learnt about weekend events, I would never walk away without completing an event. NEVER. Even if it means slogging through my bed time. Because I know for a fact that after slogging for a gig event, the next VIP event will let me rest or the next dating event will be easier or the next party event will be enjoyable. But no longer. They took it away. They decided to godd@m make everything harder.

Is this still a game?

Where's the fun?
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I don't like to generalize, but it is obvious that every product has a target audience and based on what I have seen during this year playing KKH the public of the game is made up of women and more specifically I would define it as a "game for moms ".

The brand Kim Kardashian may have called the public's attention, but it isn't her fanbase that keeps the game today. Glu has added new celebrities to their list of games in order to expand the audience of the franchise, but they'll fail miserably by not keeping the captive audience.

I can speak properly about the Britney's fanbase for example which is made on a large scale by gay men in half of his 20 years and that in due course a number of facts are very disappointed with Britney career moves. They're not willing to buy her music because they think she has delivered a no quality material and only for profit, someone thinks they are caring for the game?

The answer is no, and from what I have read they are now hoping for the game to flop as for the rest of her career.

What Glu going to do with it? An audience that has nothing to do with the target audience of the franchise and who isn't willing to support the artist in question.

They need to keep the public they already have on hands and then try to expand the audience of the franchise, otherwise the franchise will die!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I won't take part in the week-end event either. Last "party" event was already hard but what the hell is this ? Khloe's gonna celebrate her birthday without me.

No regrets the dress ain't even that pretty
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    why why why

I got the giftbox necklace, and only +1 bonus star?!
    PM to add
  • shrimpshrimp Registered Users 41 Posts
    Sassi wrote: »
    I hope they make the ombré hair available later.

It's really cute in the brown but it's hilarious when you try to make it any other hair color. The ombre stays the same color so it's blonde to brown or blue to brown and looks so silly. I wish they updated the ombre to every hair color so it'd look normal.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    PhotoGrid_1435343991753_zps8bkoombg.jpg

The odds are not in our favor to complete this event. IMO Glu has set us up to fail, it’s nearly impossible to finish without opening gift boxes.

Lets do some fast math based on:
    • parties in the Calabasas house
    • 600 event stars needed
    • 64 hours and no gift box items.

3 hour parties = 17 Event stars
    (10 for a five star rating + 1 per guest)

To complete event we would need to throw 35 three hour parties
    (17 event stars x 35 parties = 595)

Maximum # of parties you can throw are 21
    (3 hour parties/64 event hours)

Leavening you at 357/600 when time is up.

8 hour parties = 25 Event stars
    (18 for a five star rating + 1 per guest)

To complete event we have to throw 24 eight hour parties
    (25 event stars x 24 parties = 600)

Max parties you can throw are 8
    (8 hour parties/64 event hours)

Leavening you at 200/600 event stars

Pile on the fact it now takes 53 energy to complete a 3 hour party, it takes 2 hours for the small talk buttons to reappear for each guest and you have event gigs to complete. EFFEN impossible

Granted there are other variables to increase the chance of completing the event such as, opening gift boxes until you have all the items and paying $9.99 for khloe’s bday pack. *Also, as the event progresses you earn 2 stars per guest, as well as, an increase number of event stars for each party.

IMO It appears Glu not only uses our suggestions, but they also use the tips we share to help each other in the game against us. Like no longer being able to complete 3 hour parties with full energy, best location to throw parties. Also in the past, during gig events we use to be able to throw parties and gain event stars, but not anymore. Now the game is harder and more expensive.

Remember we *itched about not being able to invite friends to event gigs?
    Thanks Glu for now allowing it, but it defeats the purpose when we have to use 5 energy to talk to Kylie

R U EFFEN kidding me?
    PhotoGrid_1435344105141_zpsmzzmaotf.jpg

GLU, the changes you've made do not affect the hackers bcuz they have unlimited everything. They affect your paying customers.

Personally, I've been dealing with this BS bcuz Ive spent a significant amount of money on this game and it's not easy to walk away and basically throw money away. But I can tell you one EFFEN thing, I'm not spending another dime. The forum mbrs voicing their dissatisfaction are the one contributing to the money you make. You should want to keep them happy.

Wake up GLU, these advertisements are all over social media. It's not hard to hack your game. I choose not to bcuz I think it's stealing, but now I feel like you're essentially ripping us off and stealing our fun gaming experience from us. The weekend event items should be attainable without opening gift boxes and playing 24 hours straight.

Screenshot_2015-06-26-12-36-26-1_zpsplqbebye.png

Fix this EFFEN s!*t
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I don't like to generalize, but it is obvious that every product has a target audience and based on what I have seen during this year playing KKH the public of the game is made up of women and more specifically I would define it as a "game for moms ".

The brand Kim Kardashian may have called the public's attention, but it isn't her fanbase that keeps the game today. Glu has added new celebrities to their list of games in order to expand the audience of the franchise, but they'll fail miserably by not keeping the captive audience.

I can speak properly about the Britney's fanbase for example which is made on a large scale by gay men in half of his 20 years and that in due course a number of facts are very disappointed with Britney career moves. They're not willing to buy her music because they think she has delivered a no quality material and only for profit, someone thinks they are caring for the game?

The answer is no, and from what I have read they are now hoping for the game to flop as for the rest of her career.

What Glu going to do with it? An audience that has nothing to do with the target audience of the franchise and who isn't willing to support the artist in question.

They need to keep the public they already have on hands and then try to expand the audience of the franchise, otherwise the franchise will die!

Actually Vats I am a stay at home mom of FIVE!!!! Hahaha and to be honest it isn't for stay at home mom IMO either. I'm constantly busy running around with my kids Choufer/chef/maid/teacher... And the list goes on and on. And some of the prices for things like today's special for Khloes bday is $9.99 USD, I can go to the store and get something super cute for my baby girl irl, not the game lol ;)
    And on weekend events.. My kids look towards me to plan something fun and out of the house, and as much as I admit being addicted to the game I'm not going to be pulling out my phone to catch up on stuff. I rather dedicate that time to them, I don't want to look back and say ohh mom didn't pay attention because she was playing her stupid game.
    Of course their are weekends that are pretty calm and relax and the boys (I have 4) are on their own game... So there I do have the time to do the weekend events. But now with so many effed up changes I don't think I want to even keep up. Just my opinion
    GC Minne622
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I've been out of town for a few days and just got back. I haven't done the update on my main acct but reading the threads are scary. I'm wondering if this is a good time for me to walk away. But hm how will I waste time now? Maybe I should just be a casual player. I just can't go ***** to the wall anymore, especially if Glu is going to make it more challenging than it already is. I feel like the only reason I want to hold on was because I was impulsive and spent real money on this game. The Katy perry game might be fun and maybe I'll try it. Just not sure what to think anymore...
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I totally agree with your sentiment DMV_Doll that's why I've started non hack cheating the game. I'm making the most of the oppurtunity before it stops working. I have played the game the way it's meant to be for a year and it's getting less and less playable without causing actual stress. Fix up glu it's getting too much.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »

Holly: BTW you are "Holly Sisk" in my game. I really enjoyed seeing your doll in the outfits because it's like, first of all, hey, she got the gift and secondly, hey, she liked the gift...and then you paired it with things I wouldn't have thought of. Was very thoughtful of you actually.

The event...has me bummed. I am still short of the earrings...I don't know if it's worth grinding away my weekend just to get a pair of virtual earrings. Really Glu? Have you thought about the way you are doing this? Because I see no sense in it. Only people with unlimited K stars to buy endless energy could POSSIBLY finish this event.

So why dangle fab prizes before the rest of our noses, leaving us feel (insert negative emotion here)? It's going to backfire, I think.
    ...Make us stay! Treat us fairly.

Polka -- Thanks for the compliment! I have fun creating each look -- heck, I played with Barbies until I was 13! LOL
    It's interesting to hear my KKH doll shows up as Holly Sisk. I changed her name when I started over on the fashion icon mission. Maybe the name glitch is why no one but you sends me gifts? Who knows...

I also totally understand your frustration with the weekend events. I have to be glued to my iPad in order to earn enough stars to get all 4 prizes. I have noticed that I earn a lot more stars on Sundays but I can't count on having enough free time to play that day. I truly believe that glu needs to rethink the way they run the weekend events. When you set up virtually impossible goals, most people won't even try.

My other pet peeve is the 40 star mystery boxes. I think it's very ****py that just $4,000 is one of the "prizes." IF there is a money prize, it should be a lot more money than that. I prefer that all gift boxes are clothes/hair/jewelry/shoes or 40K stars. I can accept the 50 energy box but the measly $4,000 is highway robbery. I pay for my K stars and glu should appreciate customers like us.

Holly (KKH character is either Dixie Dixon or Holly Sisk)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Khloe's Birthday Event

Yes, I paid the $9.99 for the Khloe red dress, ombré hair, gold earrings, and bonus K stars. I don't regret doing it BUT I do wish that glu did a better job designing the ombré hair. First of all, it's not really ombré as there is no gradual transition. The hair is just two colors. Secondly, the second color is blonde and the top is one of the existing hair colors. So, you could have pink or black or blonde or red or brown or blue "roots" and then long blonde curls. Glu should have done a true ombré AND it should be unique for each base color. As much money as Glu makes on KKH, they can afford better programmers.

Speaking of better programmers, I think we should be able to decide if a purse will be on the shoulder or in the hand. The huge birken bags and yellow diaper bag look ridiculous on the shoulder. They also need to do a better job on how earrings work with hairstyles. I also think there should be a stroller so we can take the baby out of the nursery. Why spend a fortune in K Stars on a baby, baby clothes, baby hairstyles, yet the baby never leaves the nursery? (And back to the earlier point on things costing too much money, why do the baby hairstyles cost up to 100 K stars???)

Holly
    (KKH Character name = Dixie Dixon or Holly Sisk)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I guess all I can or want to say at this point is, I think it would do a lot for community morale if the party event was put back to the way it was before.

I wonder if each time a new guest is added to the game, they have to be paid more and so the need to increase revenue results in harder events, trying to increase need to buy K stars? (The changes seemed to coincide with the addition of guest stars.) That is all I can think of. And I understand it - most companies have that sort of bottom-line pressure. But I don't want to speculate too much, just am wondering out of curiosity I guess, 'why.'

I guess the next thing will dovetail with my reply to Holly, Holly thank you I love your outlook. It's fun to play dressup whether real or virtually. I too had a lot of Barbies. My family was without much money when I was growing up. But one way they could spoil me was Barbies, Barbies, Barbies, and then the clothes, for every occasion. I also made my own paper dolls and comic books. I wrote little stories based on the names and histories I made up for my dolls.

I was a bit ahead of the generation that learned to do this by computer - but I can passively play along in games like this one :) It's an outlet for all of our creativity.

So I don't think it is a game for Moms (although I am not offended Vats I know what you meant it's OK), I think it's a game for anyone with a creative need - although I'd be interested in why each person finds (or found?) the game fun, but that's probably for another thread and another day.
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Actually Vats I am a stay at home mom of FIVE!!!! Hahaha and to be honest it isn't for stay at home mom IMO either. I'm constantly busy running around with my kids Choufer/chef/maid/teacher... And the list goes on and on. And some of the prices for things like today's special for Khloes bday is $9.99 USD, I can go to the store and get something super cute for my baby girl irl, not the game lol ;)
    And on weekend events.. My kids look towards me to plan something fun and out of the house, and as much as I admit being addicted to the game I'm not going to be pulling out my phone to catch up on stuff. I rather dedicate that time to them, I don't want to look back and say ohh mom didn't pay attention because she was playing her stupid game.
    Of course their are weekends that are pretty calm and relax and the boys (I have 4) are on their own game... So there I do have the time to do the weekend events. But now with so many effed up changes I don't think I want to even keep up. Just my opinion

Oh Minne you're not a mom you're a super mom! FIVE children this is amazing.

My mother is a house mother too and I admire and thank her for made such brave decision. Because I have worked for a time with children I developed this paternal instinct that makes me a real magnet of kids they love me.

I have to confess that I would love to have a family and be a home dad.

I hope you have understood that when I referred to the game as for moms I mean that isn't a game developed for kids recreation.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    It absolutely seems like Glu has taken our feedback on strategy from here and used it against us when it comes to parties and weekend events. Even though you used to be able to complete a 3 hour party with one bar of energy, it STILL took all weekend to complete a event. Now it is virtually impossible.

I am a player who has been playing since June of last year. I have never used a hack or cheat. And I have spent probably several hundred real dollars on the game total. I too used to love to finish all events to completion but now it is too much of a hassle. A few weeks ago I had my first event where I just had to give up and couldn't finish due to having a life other than tapping my phone 24 hours a day! Glu clearly doesn't care about people like me.
    iOS
    Right Ali,

Players come to forum for support, info and to share strategies. Not for Glu to take whats said and use it to make the more difficult.

IDK if Glu is trying compete with the top gross mobile game which makes 1 million a day or attempting to make the same amount of money they did last year.

What makes it worse is they probably could care less and won't change it back since they have 3 others celeb games that will be released soon.

AliBryant wrote: »
    It absolutely seems like Glu has taken our feedback on strategy from here and used it against us when it comes to parties and weekend events. Even though you used to be able to complete a 3 hour party with one bar of energy, it STILL took all weekend to complete a event. Now it is virtually impossible.

I am a player who has been playing since June of last year. I have never used a hack or cheat. And I have spent probably several hundred real dollars on the game total. I too used to love to finish all events to completion but now it is too much of a hassle. A few weeks ago I had my first event where I just had to give up and couldn't finish due to having a life other than tapping my phone 24 hours a day! Glu clearly doesn't care about people like me.

Andriod player
    This article came out on June 25th. Do you think Glu has to pay these designers and beauty brands for their "sponsorships"?

PhotoGrid_1435418168283_zps4u6safno.jpg

Andriod player
    Breaking News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gs29fZy.jpg?1

Unidentified man with a baby in his arms is opposite of Glu's office in San Francisco claiming the baby's purple eye color back.

He made the moderator of the KKH forum known as Kokokokonut his hostage, strangely the hostage seems to be excited with the situation look how she's fabulous in that red dress.

At the moment we still have no information or response to man's appeal by Glu.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    That's awesome, you vigilante! How could they resist your demands? I bet Baby will be returned with the violet eyes, and possibly she'll have long Brad-Pitt hair. <GluAdmin could be kinda sarcastic & snarky sometimes-- hopefully they're in there and will be sent to deal with you!>

How are you Luz?

I didn't have time to say that I'm sorry about your mother in law.

Did you watch Jurassic World? I like it, but Mad Max is my year favorite by far!

And please my baby keeps her hair, send that hair to me.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I'm actually doing very well. We felt so much invigorated by our date night last night-- I really loved Jurassic World. I've been a dinosaur fanatic since I was little, and my husband puts up with my fondness for monster movies. Yes, it had so many ludicrous plot devices that Michael Crichton was probably rolling over in his grave, but it was really fun! I haven't seen Mad Max yet, but we're going to a drive-in movie soon-- maybe that could be one of the double features we end up seeing!

Thanks for your kind words about my mother-in-law. My husband got annoyed with her last night because she's now trying to put us off, have us not see her at all during this vacation. She's tired now, and afraid of scaring the kids, though she doesn't look very different from usual. She says she'll see us next vacation; but she won't be any stronger in the future, so we may push her and then travel a few hours to her Long Island house. <also, while I'm there, I can stalk Koko again if that vigilante has released her already!>

Glad you had fun, this movie was very nostalgic for me. It reminded me when my father took me to see Jurassic Park 20 years ago.

Go watch Mad Max is incredible, I didn't see such an innovative film since Avatar.

Yeah your stalking will depend on Glu, I just updated something in my game, but don't realize what is it yet.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    The San Francisco location tappables also takes a much longer time to refresh. Same goes for the past 2 new locations, Tokyo and Milan. So, all new additions will be this way from now on huh. You guys were right, they've been sneaking up on us, taking all our tips and coming up with all sorts of shet to stop us.

You're only driving us away.

You'll see.
    PM to add
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Edited to say: If GLU really does read this and check what happens on the forum

Oh I had an idea..idk if I should put this in the Suggestions thread but here it is..

I miss when Gluadmin was here, it was fun and it felt like Glu was actually here and having fun with us..like they really cared about how we felt. Now that they aren't here..it feels lonely, I mean I am aware that Glu does read these forums, but it doesn't really feel like it since we can't actually "see" them.

I wish they would have either Gluadmin or another representative come back here, and hangout with everyone in the General Discussions thread. See them having fun and experiencing the game like we do. The company would feel more personal and involved in how we feel.

Also I wish they would offer incentives to us more often and not FB..we don't bash them out all the time, we are loyal, and give honest feedback. We also don't freely share hack files, and ways to bring down their sales..in fact we encourage their sales. Why don't they give us some contests to earn more Kstars, energy, Kash, or other things... I don't know maybe its just wishful thinking from a girl that has stars in her eyes, and wants to see the best.

I know that I did post this in the suggestions thread, but I did want to put it here since this is something that has been bothering me for a little while. If Glu really does listen like I truly want to believe (and I mean really listen not just selective hearing) then please do this and listen to your loyal players requests. I don't want to be the girl who has stars in her eyes hoping nor something better When it doesn't look like it will come. I am about done being a fool and Cheering For someone Who doesn't Seem to Care about how we feel.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I totally agree with you, noona.
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • shrimpshrimp Registered Users 41 Posts
    For all the people with the changing baby issue, it might be a good idea for Glu to add in a customizing eye/hair color feature for the babies. That way, they wouldn't have to fix everyone's individual baby issues.