General Complaints Thread

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I like the positive thoughts, Julesmo, maybe they are working on even better Throw back events?! (Okay, let's not get our hope way too high. :p) I just keep doing my reality show to win the new prizes. I almost pass Willow! WOOHOO!!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I like the positive thoughts, Julesmo, maybe they are working on even better Throw back events?! (Okay, let's not get our hope way too high. :p) I just keep doing my reality show to win the new prizes. I almost pass Willow! WOOHOO!!!

Yay! I am taking the time to raise the levels of my VIPs. I think the Cuba update will be pretty cool, so I'll just patiently (ok, ok, somewhat impatiently) wait...
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Maybe that's the point Nai, Glu wants players to check out the other games as well. Although that's not going to work with me, I have no intentions of starting any other games. If KKH remains on the "most boring" list then I can put my time to better use doing things in RL :)

I play BSAD daily though. I don't think they'll give up one for the other. I trust they're trying to change throwback events, hopefully for the better.

Ok my complain is, for 9 weeks of throwback event, the recent show your style event, I've not seen a single hairstyle. I've chased lots of hairstyles, but there are also lots of hairstyles (maybe 20-30?) that I've missed! Why am I not given a chance? What gives?
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I play BSAD daily though. I don't think they'll give up one for the other. I trust they're trying to change throwback events, hopefully for the better.

Ok my complain is, for 9 weeks of throwback event, the recent show your style event, I've not seen a single hairstyle. I've chased lots of hairstyles, but there are also lots of hairstyles (maybe 20-30?) that I've missed! Why am I not given a chance? What gives?

Hi Nai, I think there are a lot of "by chance" occasions in this game. Now even the "When do Throwback Events happen?" description from Glu looks like it's all by chance as well ("Throwback Events start at different times for different players"). I think we should stop saying what we like/want, stop saying that we want more hairstyles, we want more throwback events, then Glu won't make it harder for us. :p
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    3 weeks of withdrawal symptoms :(

I think I'll go play BSAD.

Ugh I feel the same! I was so ready to spend extra kstars to open an addition box on the throwbacks. I was way too excited to hopefully get 8 throwback items. I am on Android and never got that opportunity. The only time I was able to open an additional box they had to add the two black boxes which gave me nothing but cash or energy. Not cool glu. You're missing out on my money. I've been a little MIA on this game lately.

I'll meet you over on BSAD :)

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    Hi Nai, I think there are a lot of "by chance" occasions in this game. Now even the "When do Throwback Events happen?" description from Glu looks like it's all by chance as well ("Throwback Events start at different times for different players"). I think we should stop saying what we like/want, stop saying that we want more hairstyles, we want more throwback events, then Glu won't make it harder for us. :p

Since I only began playing this game about 2 months ago I would love access to some of the older hairstyles in a throwback box! That would be so cool and I agree they don't really give access to that! :)
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Not give up one for the other, but while we are waiting on the pending update for KKH I'm betting Glu hopes the players will be putting time in on the other games :)

• KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I just returned home from the hospital, hoping there would be *something* to do in game. Maybe we've been spoiled, but this is very dissapointing ='(
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Well Sugar if was that their intention they succeeded with me!

I never thought that KKH would be replaced from being my main game to become whatever it is now.

Seriously this game needs storylines storylines storylines!

I'm having so much fun doing progress at BSAD while I have all those quests, getting into the character was always the most important part of gaming for me!

I feel like my KKH game is just about maintain status today...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Yeah, game of chance. How about we say we want to spend more money, lol :p
    unique123 wrote: »
    Ugh I feel the same! I was so ready to spend extra kstars to open an addition box on the throwbacks. I was way too excited to hopefully get 8 throwback items. I am on Android and never got that opportunity. The only time I was able to open an additional box they had to add the two black boxes which gave me nothing but cash or energy. Not cool glu. You're missing out on my money. I've been a little MIA on this game lately.

I'll meet you over on BSAD :)

This is what I call breeding an addiction. They make us all go through withdrawal symptoms, then when they finally give us throwback events again, we'll all buy extra boxes to feed the addiction.

Yep let's go! :o
    SugarK wrote: »
    Not give up one for the other, but while we are waiting on the pending update for KKH I'm betting Glu hopes the players will be putting time in on the other games :)

Yes, the update, cannot wait for it! Maybe it'll come with throwback boxes. Actually, I'm worried what'll happen when the other games launch. Stable or unstable?
    PM to add
    Keem wrote: »
    I just returned home from the hospital, hoping there would be *something* to do in game. Maybe we've been spoiled, but this is very dissapointing ='(

Hey, hope nothing bad happened to you!
    PM to add
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hey, hope nothing bad happened to you!

Same here!

I'm quoting myself...whatever. Let's have our own TB guys!
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh that the clarifying 'note' from Glu is so confussing!. here's this song for you Glu!
    *goes up on the karaoke stage*

[video=youtube_share;Ug88HO2mg44]https://youtu.be/Ug88HO2mg44[/video]
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    There's a behavorial psychology theory called "Intermittent Reinforcement". I read a long time ago that video game developers often use psychology when designing their games. So I did some Googling and found some articles on this particular theory today. There are lots of articles on the Web about this theory...the one on Elephant Journal is very good. I think it may apply to what is going on with mid-week events and other things. So you may want to check it out. I dont want people yelling at me for posting this so I put it here LOL
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    re my last post. No..I am not a psychologist. .I do Not think Glu is narcissicistic.....just a very successful company. And I love this game and will not be walking away no matter what
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    It was an interesting article, Daleth. Certainly enlightening, and now I know to proceed with more caution the next time Glu has my heart singing... Thanks for sharing.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    All of these new little features when simple things like bringing back Maximilian Alucard, doing something with the Grand Sultan hotel, moving San Francisco to the California travel menu, and customizing NPC contacts have not been added yet; I honestly just want the midweek throwback boxes back so my doll can finally get the Holiday eyes. It is so annoying to win everything from an event except the one item you actually want.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    hoodstar9 wrote: »
    All of these new little features when simple things like bringing back Maximilian Alucard, doing something with the Grand Sultan hotel, moving San Francisco to the California travel menu, and customizing NPC contacts have not been added yet; I honestly just want the midweek throwback boxes back so my doll can finally get the Holiday eyes. It is so annoying to win everything from an event except the one item you actually want.

Re: the California menu, they'd have to remove the name "LAX" then since that is the airport in Los Angeles. I think that's why they kept SF separate.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Never let yourself be manipulated. Eyes open always, intelligence foremost.

This, if true, is just dirty.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    That's very good advice Isabeau. I just read it, I've said all along the game was acting like a douchey boyfriend. Loves you then treats you bad once they get into your pants. Like that old Nursery Rhyme about
    There was a girl, with a curl right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.

I'm not walking away. The amount of pleasure I get from the game outweighs the not so good.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    That's very good advice Isabeau. I just read it, I've said all along the game was acting like a douchey boyfriend. Loves you then treats you bad once they get into your pants. Like that old Nursery Rhyme about
    There was a girl, with a curl right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.

I'm not walking away. The amount of pleasure I get from the game outweighs the not so good.

Hey, dolly doll!

Ha, that's funny! Here'ssssss a loverly example of how messing around doesn't go over: A new NPC in my ice club this week--with a throwback handbag over her shoulder and wearing throwback shoes. Cue Andrew Dice Clay: OH!

Leave? God, no! I live for these minuscule little nuggets of fu*kery. (Sorry, couldn't think of another word in the moment.) It's too funny 'cause it's so transparent. I still haven't posted these three particular NPCs that show up in every single throwback event. They look so heinous not only can there be no mistaking them, but each with a look even a mother couldn't love. OH!

Last weekend's event gift box items: the nude-colored whatever it was over a black bodysuit? At one point the pic of my doll wearing it to, you know, encourage me to open boxes and boxes and boxes till the cows came home? Suddenly she was sporting the most bizarre red lace skirt over that thang!! What the what?! Ha! I screenshot that su*ker. OH!

EDIT: Thinking back, two VIPs back to back--July, beginning of the third quarter--was an unashamed grab at a strong beginning...which I did not take part in. Hey! They gave me no reason to. Remember Glu: One hand washes the other and both of them stuff the face. Whatchu gonna give me, sucka?? In fact, July is the first month in I don't now how long I didn't drop a few beans in the game altogether. Not loving the clothes--the styles, the basic, soooo basic monochrome nude, the clear shoes; last month's and this month's styles didn't take me to any happy place at all, but there was one weekend event in which an earnable was a dark green old-fashioned tie-front "midriff" top; I actually ended up styling it with some of my own things and I liked it pretty ok. Kim wholeheartedly embraces these things, of course, which we know why; but also they suit her. No, they're not the things we used to see on Kim, and we all want color and glam, and all kinds of gorgeous, but she's in a different place right now, and...but...I think--hope--we're seeing some kind of trying to meet in the middle right now, and omg, why oh why isn't Kourtney's white bag an earnable, sob cry sob!!!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Hey, dolly doll!

Ha, that's funny! Here'ssssss a loverly example of how messing around doesn't go over: A new NPC in my ice club this week--with a throwback handbag over her shoulder and wearing throwback shoes. Cue Andrew Dice Clay: OH!

Leave? God, no! I live for these minuscule little nuggets of fu*kery. (Sorry, couldn't think of another word in the moment.) It's too funny 'cause it's so transparent. I still haven't posted these three particular NPCs that show up in every single throwback event. They look so heinous not only can there be no mistaking them, but each with a look even a mother couldn't love. OH!

Last weekend's event gift box items: the nude-colored whatever it was over a black bodysuit? At one point the pic of my doll wearing it to, you know, encourage me to open boxes and boxes and boxes till the cows came home? Suddenly she was sporting the most bizarre red lace skirt over that thang!! What the what?! Ha! I screenshot that su*ker. OH!

EDIT: Thinking back, two VIPs back to back--July, beginning of the third quarter--was an unashamed grab at a strong beginning...which I did not take part in. Hey! They gave me no reason to. Remember Glu: One hand washes the other and both of them stuff the face. Whatchu gonna give me, sucka?? In fact, July is the first month in I don't now how long I didn't drop a few beans in the game altogether. Not loving the clothes--the styles, the basic, soooo basic monochrome nude, the clear shoes; last month's and this month's styles didn't take me to any happy place at all, but there was one weekend event in which an earnable was a dark green old-fashioned tie-front "midriff" top; I actually ended up styling it with some of my own things and I liked it pretty ok. Kim wholeheartedly embraces these things, of course, which we know why; but also they suit her. No, they're not the things we used to see on Kim, and we all want color and glam, and all kinds of gorgeous, but she's in a different place right now, and...but...I think--hope--we're seeing some kind of trying to meet in the middle right now, and omg, why oh why isn't Kourtney's white bag an earnable, sob cry sob!!!

Off topic, but can you post that top in the fashion thread. I just plainly don't remember it?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ponylatteponylatte Registered Users 170 Posts
    The ads are popping up every minute now. So annoying! :(
    Call me Pony ^_^
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    The bonus payout during events really doesn't make sense and it's a bit mean. I was getting a bonus of 16 until I got the earnable top, and now it's down to 15. :( I know it's not a huge jump, but why does this even exist? I feel like this has probably happened to me before in other ways (plus I've seen people talk about it recently) and I just haven't noticed it cause I wasn't paying attention. Mostly cause I wouldn't expect it to go down, not up! It's not like the hair needs to get harder to earn. Ugh.
    Buttiel wrote: »
    The bonus payout during events really doesn't make sense and it's a bit mean. I was getting a bonus of 16 until I got the earnable top, and now it's down to 15. :( I know it's not a huge jump, but why does this even exist? I feel like this has probably happened to me before in other ways (plus I've seen people talk about it recently) and I just haven't noticed it cause I wasn't paying attention. Mostly cause I wouldn't expect it to go down, not up! It's not like the hair needs to get harder to earn. Ugh.

Hmmm... don't know how many event items you have but I do notice the bonus points for event gigs and parties are different.
    Event gigs:
    When I had 3 event items (1 earnable, 2 GB), I got 25+16(bonus) for a event gig.
    When I got the earnable top, 4 event items total, I got 25+20(bonus)

3hr party's payout is lower, I think it's
    +3 for one event item
    +5 for two
    +? for three
    +10 for four
    Edit:
    +12 for five
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Hmmm... don't know how many event items you have but I do notice the bonus points for event gigs and party are different.
    Event gigs:
    When I had 3 event items (1 earnable, 2 GB), I got 25+16(bonus) for a event gig.
    When I got the earnable top, 4 event items total, I got 25+20(bonus)

3hr party's payout is lower, I think it's
    +3 for one event item
    +5 for two
    +? for three
    +10 for four

I have 4 GB items. With 4GB + the earnable necklace I got 16, with 4GB + earnable necklace + earnable top, I got 15. Both of those were just 3h parties in Calabasas. :/ (Although it's still good to see you do the math, cause I've definitely never paid that much attention to the system!)
    Buttiel wrote: »
    I have 4 GB items. With 4GB + the earnable necklace I got 16, with 4GB + earnable necklace + earnable top, I got 15. Both of those were just 3h parties in Calabasas. :/ (Although it's still good to see you do the math, cause I've definitely never paid that much attention to the system!)

Sorry, didn't help. Saw the number 16 and thought you were talking about the event gig bonus.
    I didn't get that many event items to allow the game to take away my bonus points. :p Well, as we discussed the reality show viewer number previously, everything could go backward in this game.
    Although I finished getting the earnable items already, I'm still debating if I should open a few more boxes for the white skirt. The chance of getting it will be so low though. :(
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Sorry, didn't help. Saw the number 16 and thought you were talking about the event gig bonus.
    I didn't get that many event items to allow the game to take away my bonus points. :p Well, as we discussed the reality show viewer number previously, everything could go backward in this game.
    Although I finished getting the earnable items already, I'm still debating if I should open a few more boxes for the white skirt. The chance of getting it will be so low though. :(

It's not the end of the world, I just had to let it out. I'm mostly mad that this mechanic exists (since other people have complained about it). It didn't hurt me much this time, but how many times has it? That's true though... I guess what really bothers me is that a lot of things are very vague. I feel like as a player I at least deserve to understand the system. And when it gets complicated like this and that weird reality show debacle, it feels like it's confusing on purpose.
    Go through your closet and see what you'd wear it with/if you'd wear it more than once in the first place? That tends to help me decide. I enjoy the skirt, but it was the last item I got and took quite a while.
    Off topic, but can you post that top in the fashion thread. I just plainly don't remember it?

Ummmm, not sure what you mean? I guess my digression just came out as one topic among many here--eep! I started out with the correct line of thought, but then meandered off-road a bit! Do you mean post a pic with the dark green top in the fashion thread? If so, I already have a pic or two saved that I can definitely photobucket into there. (Ohhhhh no, I made a verb out of "photobucket"--disastrous!) But yeah, just let me know and I'll add it ASAP! <3
    Well, this is probably gonna be this week's topic all over the forum anyway, because... really? Don't call it a Throwback Event. That's it. Don't use the same banner, don't use that megaphone, don't call it a Throwback event. Don't lie to us. It's literally, just from a logical point of view, more of a 'Black Box Event' than a 'Throwback Event'. You could call it a Gold Box event too -- but you wouldn't, because there's only one gold box and naming it after that would be dumb. It's not a TB Event anymore, so why call it that? Look, I'm glad the TB Boxes aren't gone, because I was worried they were. I'm glad to see them again. I'm glad, even if it's just one, because I understand that you need to redistribute old items at a slower pace -- even though I think 2-3 Boxes would be way more appropriate. (It would be like other events, with TB Boxes replacing the event items and the first earnable box being a lesser value one. Since the second Box requiring 150 points makes it a big jump, just taking out that first TB box would already make a huge difference.)
    If you'd just given us a 'Special Box Event' containing a TB Box, we'd probably react a little better. It's just the way you're doing it. It's rude and it's transparent. What are you gaining by this? What good does it do you? You're taking away the chances to gain throwback items -- that just means we don't get them. You're not selling them to us at outrageous prices. You're just deciding whether or not people have them, with zero gain or loss on your side. Well, except for the loss of people, like me, literally breaking my promise of never buying K-Stars in this game, because it felt like they had good value and I decided I wanted to buy extra TB Boxes. Because people love old items, and a lot of people on the forums were buying all the extra boxes they could, and that is a huge turnover. The option to buy extra boxes wasn't available at first, then it appeared randomly in a few games, so most people only had it what, 2 times? I know I had it for 1 or 2 events only. And I didn't have K-Stars. So I bought some, so I could buy extra boxes, and I never got to. And I was talking to other people and one or two of them were -- funnily enough -- in a similar position, where they were just about to start buying the extras and never got to. So now I got lucky, cause I spent my K-Stars on other things instead, and still have some leftover, and haven't had to buy any more. You had literally just added that option, and then immediately took the whole thing away. It's obvious that you were still experimenting, but the choices are just starting to be all over the place. And now it feels a lot like a test, where you're gonna compare all your statistics of this 1-Box-TB to that one 1-Box-TB and it makes people uncomfortable.

This got way longer than it was meant to be, but yeah. Don't call it a Throwback. It's not. That's just a blatant lie. The only way it's a Throwback is if you added a chance of TB items into black and gold boxes. I know the 4-Box-TBs are feasible either, I get that they don't work for the game in the long run. At least not unless they come in limited numbers/regular intervals (It's cool that the event types are kinda random and a surprise sometimes, but I personally would also like to have at least one predictable, reoccurring thing to count on. Give players a mix of the surprise and some stability, cause I think we're getting irritated with how confusing and all over the place a lot of your decisions with the game are). I have no qualms whatsoever with making changes to the concept because I think it's a completely reasonable thing to do. But the way you're doing it isn't right, and it's offensive to a lot of older players (which I am not, nor have I given Glu as much money and loyalty, so I really think it hurts others far more). The only rhyme and reason to your decisions seems to be that you're refusing to give us straight answers or even patterns, to keep us hooked. Because you know if you said 'no more TB events' people would leave, so you keep playing with our minds and not giving us the same TB thing twice, to keep us thinking and hoping and wondering about what it'll be next time. It's becoming clear that the point of this is to keep us guessing and avoid any solid answer, because some mix of confusion and the lack of knowledge stops us from making solid decisions ourselves.

When I saw people saying they weren't even gonna bother with the last box, I knew I'd be lying to myself if I said the same. I want the box. If there's the option to buy another, I probably will. But then I started playing this morning, and I realized I'd lost more excitement than I thought I had. I did like 3-4 reality shows and just... stopped. I'll still get the last box, but the drive really isn't there anymore. And the next time this sad excuse of a 'Throwback' Event returns, I really might not feel like it's worth it (In the first 3 weeks of actual TB, I got 3-4 pairs of shoes in my boxes each week. You may think a TB box is always a win, but to us it's not. And I'm not getting 600 event points a week for the next 3 months to finally get a good item in a TB Box).

(Also, I'm honestly not as upset as I make it out to be. I'm so happy to see a TB Box again and I'm glad to have a midweek. Doubt anyone will believe that because look at that wall of text... but I swear it's true. :p 'I'm not upset, I just love talking!' Plus I really just wanted to air my thoughts on this cause I know it'll be a hot topic. It's funny how much the name of the event changes the way it's perceived.)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Glu is trying to play us by adding 2 black boxes and 1 gold box and 1 throwback box.:mad: No Glu that's just messed up. And they have the nerve to call it a throwback event⁉

It's more of a like a 'box' event I shall say. Glu is being stingy and only wants us to earn 1 throwback box by grinding up to 600 points. I wanted more throwback clothing for my dolls (1 throwback box ain't just enough). That's just devious and a cruel thing to do to your loyal players.

This so-called throwback event is getting less & less exciting to me until today since it's been weeks when I took a break from grinding of the weekday events. I was really anticipating for a throwback event but this one just ain't cutting it for me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections