General Complaints Thread

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Goooooooooooooood Morning!

pop-champagne_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

How'd everyone sleep? Up Up Up everybody. Mo Parties Mo rattles. Who's still grinding for the dress?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Still partying hard for that curtain/dress :'( Oh well, I started my 2nd comeback quest yesterday, at least I get to climb up real fast!! It's almost 3pm over here, so I wish yall a great afternoon !
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Yes - and one might say the same of the Calabasas house. I think some people bought it because of the easier parties there and now that has totally changed.

I realize the owners have a right to change what they want. But owner/customer is a symbiotic relationship.

I try to be fair. I do. If I offer complaints I offer reasons for it and if I offer constructive criticisms, I offer suggestions along with it (in the same thread or the suggestions thread.)

I like this game. I WANT it to succeed. I even have said I WANT TO spend money in it. (Edit: That should be 'want to continue to spend money' as I have already spent quite a fair amount...I'm happy to as long as it's fun and relaxing.)

My philosophy is always, in essence: I work, or I pay. If I have to both work AND pay, something is wrong.

I will work for free; I will work for pay; I will work in exchange for something. I won't work in exchange for nothing at all (not helping others and/or myself, not being paid, not getting anything in barter or exchange.) What I won't do is work, and pay, and still receive nothing.

Right now I'm working in this game, I'm paying (a lot) in this game, and in the case of events and jobs, I'm receiving really nothing.

About other games...I won't name any but there are games I hadn't picked up in months and months, nor had I wanted to. I'm revisiting those again just out of boredom during my downtime that I use for relaxation. That's not a good sign, Glu.

I also won't name any in this example but there are games in which they did not listen to customers and I predicted a downhill slide and it happened. I wasn't the only one and I didn't even say it publicly so I didn't jinx anything. There is another game I'm thinking of which is verrry popular which I believe KKH toppled when it came onto the market. But that game only lost its grip because it spent months or even into a year or more, not listening when its players said (in that other game), "WE HATE THAT PRIZE WHEEL." They said it 100 percent en masse for over a year before the game listened and many quit and its forum is now DOA.

Fellow players please do not take this the wrong way I like analogies and this happens to dovetail with a saying. (I'm not saying we are bugs.) The saying goes "Where there is one roach there are 100 more afraid to come out."

Well, where there is one unhappy customer who is venting their frustration (which is an attempt to stay involved), there are 100 (or more) afraid to come out and say so.

I thank Glu sincerely for allowing the Hookah Den because we NEED to vent, it's our attempts to get over the negative reactions and responses we feel. It's our attempt to stay plugged in while we hope for better.

If we didn't voice it, we'd still be feeling it, and we are a small sample of the customer base, I think. So it really worries me that Glu seems to confuse KKH with some of those ultra competitive goal oriented games.

This is a fun dressup game. It's a social game. We all want everyone else to do as well as we do and be as happy as we are.

I don't want to sound sexist, I'm not sexist. But I wonder if Glu wouldn't do well to hire more female gamers on their staff. The girlz game world and the boiz game world are different energies. Lots of guys play KKH too and I'm glad. But what my point is: It's a social game, it's a dressup game, it is NOT a crawl by your fingernails up a stone wall and kill or be killed, game.

Glu please...stop being so rough on us :(

And I tried to get up this morning and shake this off but I can't. I logged in, deciding to go for the first mystery box and no more. Then I got a surprise shower I had to complete. OK it gave rattles which was good but I didn't know that going into it. So that stressed me out, because it was like great, I have a lineup of jobs, I wanted to try to start a party first thing so I can at least have one shot at a gift, and now I have to do the shower instead. AND it didn't fill up the first gift box...

And no one was at the shower but Kim - no friends, no one but me and Kim. A shower of two people? And I got no gift at the end of it. :/

Sorry this rambles...I'm sooo disappointed though.
    dmRrD81.gif?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Well, I finished rent. Oh, I got a baby. Samantha Jade (the color of her eyes) Did you know you can change their names? ANyway I spent all morning playing with her, Then the games finished rents and can you believe every last one of them got the yellow diaper bag. Now I'm tempted to try for the hair. nah. Oh Dam it this game pulls you in. Go peak in Babies if you wanna see my little dumplin. Leave it to AppleP to stir up drama with an adoption
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Something just crossed my mind - what if...instead of the money or energy they offered a certain number of rattles/special weekend stars in one of the boxes?

So while you may not get the multiplier item, you'd still get something useful.
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts

Hi Nebula! Welcome. Add me, if you play on iOS (Apple); not otherwise please because those other friends do not get my gifts. (Or, add me but remind me you're on Android so I don't send any...Lol.) (Maybe I should make a suggestion in that topic that we can tell who's who via icons in our friend list in game.) And by the way - I'm impressed! You made it to #1 repeatedly while playing with no $$ influx or anything?! I have yet to make it anywhere near # 1. Even if I get 5 stars at the end of tasks, my fan rating seems to SLIP somehow. :/ Willow is always taunting me...wah.

Hi!! Yeah I play on iOS. My name's euedolx, added you!
    Yeah. I thought that parties didn't really give much fans or anything so I kinda let them be until I found out that's how people made it to number 1 faster.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Yes - and one might say the same of the Calabasas house. I think some people bought it because of the easier parties there and now that has totally changed.

I realize the owners have a right to change what they want. But owner/customer is a symbiotic relationship.

I try to be fair. I do. If I offer complaints I offer reasons for it and if I offer constructive criticisms, I offer suggestions along with it (in the same thread or the suggestions thread.)

I like this game. I WANT it to succeed. I even have said I WANT TO spend money in it. (Edit: That should be 'want to continue to spend money' as I have already spent quite a fair amount...I'm happy to as long as it's fun and relaxing.)

My philosophy is always, in essence: I work, or I pay. If I have to both work AND pay, something is wrong.

I will work for free; I will work for pay; I will work in exchange for something. I won't work in exchange for nothing at all (not helping others and/or myself, not being paid, not getting anything in barter or exchange.) What I won't do is work, and pay, and still receive nothing.

Right now I'm working in this game, I'm paying (a lot) in this game, and in the case of events and jobs, I'm receiving really nothing.

About other games...I won't name any but there are games I hadn't picked up in months and months, nor had I wanted to. I'm revisiting those again just out of boredom during my downtime that I use for relaxation. That's not a good sign, Glu.

I also won't name any in this example but there are games in which they did not listen to customers and I predicted a downhill slide and it happened. I wasn't the only one and I didn't even say it publicly so I didn't jinx anything. There is another game I'm thinking of which is verrry popular which I believe KKH toppled when it came onto the market. But that game only lost its grip because it spent months or even into a year or more, not listening when its players said (in that other game), "WE HATE THAT PRIZE WHEEL." They said it 100 percent en masse for over a year before the game listened and many quit and its forum is now DOA.

Fellow players please do not take this the wrong way I like analogies and this happens to dovetail with a saying. (I'm not saying we are bugs.) The saying goes "Where there is one roach there are 100 more afraid to come out."

Well, where there is one unhappy customer who is venting their frustration (which is an attempt to stay involved), there are 100 (or more) afraid to come out and say so.

I thank Glu sincerely for allowing the Hookah Den because we NEED to vent, it's our attempts to get over the negative reactions and responses we feel. It's our attempt to stay plugged in while we hope for better.

If we didn't voice it, we'd still be feeling it, and we are a small sample of the customer base, I think. So it really worries me that Glu seems to confuse KKH with some of those ultra competitive goal oriented games.

This is a fun dressup game. It's a social game. We all want everyone else to do as well as we do and be as happy as we are.

I don't want to sound sexist, I'm not sexist. But I wonder if Glu wouldn't do well to hire more female gamers on their staff. The girlz game world and the boiz game world are different energies. Lots of guys play KKH too and I'm glad. But what my point is: It's a social game, it's a dressup game, it is NOT a crawl by your fingernails up a stone wall and kill or be killed, game.

Glu please...stop being so rough on us :(

And I tried to get up this morning and shake this off but I can't. I logged in, deciding to go for the first mystery box and no more. Then I got a surprise shower I had to complete. OK it gave rattles which was good but I didn't know that going into it. So that stressed me out, because it was like great, I have a lineup of jobs, I wanted to try to start a party first thing so I can at least have one shot at a gift, and now I have to do the shower instead. AND it didn't fill up the first gift box...

And no one was at the shower but Kim - no friends, no one but me and Kim. A shower of two people? And I got no gift at the end of it. :/

Sorry this rambles...I'm sooo disappointed though.

You perfectly described my feelings (and I'm sure many others) towards the game rn. I just wish they could actually read this post and realize that they're losing a lot of support. They're working on new celebrity games now but those won't be supported by a ton of unhappy players of the Kim K Game.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Thank you so much, trevoractor! I worried that would be too long of a wall o' text for anybody to slog through. But I try to make each part that is in it, clear and to the point. It means a lot to see that I communicated and even more so that I validated others' feelings, because that is always important.

I'm still bummed about the updates but I tried to mitigate that by spending too much on gifting other people, although, that's no solution either and I for sure am not rich. I was just trying to chase the doldrums away that this whole thing had a grip on me with. It worked somewhat, and now I worry that I rewarded 'bad behavior' by spending on the game regardless of all else.

I didn't really want the yellow diaper bag either Koko and I was sort of taking a passive approach, but, someone else needed my tablet again so I lent it, I didn't much care anyway since I sort of felt like sending the whole game to the corner with a dunce hat on...But, today when I tried to play a bit I couldn't figure out where "the rents" thing was.

So why did they not yet add WHERE jobs are, to the reminder task bar...Isn't that kind of important? Lol

Val I think a prize box with event reward in it is a great idea.

Sooo end of story, I got nothing from this event at all. $4000 in the mystery box. That's it.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Has all the regular bubble above friends also changed (not only for parties).

Wow, I can't imagine this weekend's gig event. Already hard to begin with, and with the changes. Just wow.
    PM to add
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Exactly, Naimonster! That's why I'm thinking to give it up-- people have said that the refresh of bubbles from friends been changed in every scenario, not just parties. That would make the gigs event just about un-playable to me. To be fair, I haven't verified this myself, but it seemed so likely to be true.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

I will try once more to make sure. But demn, what the hell. The gigs event is gonna be so hardcore, and I have a life so no thank you Glu.
    PM to add
    Hi!! Yeah I play on iOS. My name's euedolx, added you!
    Yeah. I thought that parties didn't really give much fans or anything so I kinda let them be until I found out that's how people made it to number 1 faster.

I just looked through for any new friends and other than the ones who literally had everything already I sent something so watch your game :)

I never throw parties...maybe that's why my doll is so unpopular despite being A list. I thought it was all about working. I should have known better. Parties make people popular.

Thanks for the tip!

And because it's the Hookah Den I will add to the latest posts: Why did they simultaneously make jobs harder and also increase prize points required to win the prizes. :( Why would they want us to NOT get the prizes? Are they seeing if people are so obsessive they will just pay and pay and pay for the stars to complete it?
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Actually guys, i don´t have the same joy playing this game anymore because it become so hard to accomplish missions. So fun is gone. I have to work in real life, don´t want to do it in a game where i used to have fun.
    I am so so sorry that GLU made these terrible decisions.
    And now KimK is promoting hard the game on Instagram. She better tell team Glu to take it easy

I loved this game so much that i used to start mornings playing it, i still love it, so i hope Glu will listen to us.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
    Hi. I'm still sick at home today, so I decided to test out the speed of friends' bubbles recycling in a gig.

I'm doing the New Top Model finale gig <or New Hot Model, whatever> at the London Britannia. It's an eight-hour gig where you're walking the runway. I came back and checked it with 6 hours and 24 minutes left in the gig, and the "Walk the Runway Together" bubble over the friend's head had recharged, so that was good news. Maybe there's been a change to make recycling time random in the gigs, or maybe there hasn't, after all. This gig is encouraging, though.

Luz get well!

I tested out twice, it seems its been changed from 50 minutes to 60 minutes. What for, glu, what for.
    PM to add
    This game will be the end of me.

I call Simon, tell him I'm ready for the 8-hour gig, spend 40 energy bolts filling half the stars, I take a nap, come back to the game, and what do I see ?? Full 40 energy bolts and the gig never started!!

Of course 1st thought is "I must be crazy because I was certain I had started this gig" 2nd thought is "Well that must be a bug". So I do it all over again. Calling Simon, spending my bolts, napping, and then ? Same freaking thing : couple of hours later I've got all of my bolts and it's as if my gig never started

And then I realize I forgot to set my phone to "automatic update" so my game which wasn't the good version was basically crashing because of me. -____-

---
    #TeamCassio
    Oh Chanrin, I'm so sorry that happened. At least you figured it out. I'm not sure I would have been that quick to discover my error. Hope the rest of your game goes smoothly. When in doubt - check for an update! lol. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh Chanrin, I'm so sorry that happened. At least you figured it out. I'm not sure I would have been that quick to discover my error. Hope the rest of your game goes smoothly. When in doubt - check for an update! lol. :)

Haha yeah, that's the main lesson here I guess ^^

---
    #TeamCassio
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Wait for the twins appear is very frustrating Koko. Why does it take so much?

Minus 1 point to the game again.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I'm missing something here. Is there a quest involving twins, or is it something else? Maybe about Koko's twins?

• Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    Ok, koko recommended this thread, now is my chance to RANT.
    1) this game is ruining my REAL life. Gigs take too long to complete. I can't even go out anymore because when I come back I find out I lose fans and Ray tweets he hasn't seen me and my hubby in a while or I haven't been on in a while. (Right now it's 1am and I'm waiting for the energy bar to fill up so I can finish my date with my needy husband). I have to set alarms during the night to complete gigs or events, especially events. I mean I'm getting undereye circles for a stupid dress that's not even that pretty and I end up not even getting it because I sleep through the alarm and don't get points for finishing with 5 stars. Social life is no longer part of me because I feel like I sold my soul to this game. Can't even go out and have a breather without being bombarded with gigs. If I go 12 hrs without being on kkh once, Ray tweets and I lose fans. Does he want me to become unsociable?

2)I complete one gig, my hubby calls. Ive to go spend MY HARD EARNED MONEY on him while he does nothing but discriminate me and my outfits (I had to beg for gifts to get a fricking bonus point and compliments) why can't he pay, I buy the house, the cars, do everything while he sits around and waits for me to spend money on him and complains that I don't spend enough time with him. Couples don't have to go out and spend $640 every day. Buy a beer and watch TV for yourself, I'm tired. Why can't husbands take US out on dates? Feel like I'm the man and the woman in the relationship. Might as well date myself.

3) I feel like I'm not even getting the same gigs as everyone else? Someone mentioned a quest where Chad cheats on crystal, not sure if it's in my future quests but pfft I've 2 quests left and don't think it's coming any time soon. Some people are talking about Cassio quests too get the only one I got was the heart flower ball, didn't get the classio one or any others that involve him in a longgg time. Also I remember when kylie and Kendall were introduced I saw a screenshot of a quest on Instagram where Kyle and Kendall needed 50,000 and You had to choose which way to help them earn it in 3 days, but I never got that quest..? And there's this Ryan Starr dude, people claim they had quests with him since back in December, I only got the first quest with him yesterday?

4) I've had this "become no1" quest for like forever. People add me on Game Center every day and. Of course I accept, then some of them have the cheat so they're no1 or are always ahead of me therefore I can never get to the top. I can't even do the comeback quest because The last time I reached the top was when I had about 200k fans. And by the time I ALMOST reach the top, kkh is updated and more fans to earn are added. It's hopeless.

5) now, since update 3.0, we have to spend more energy to complete gigs. I actually posted s thread about this. Usually I completed 3hr gigs in less than 34energy bolts, now I've to spend about 45. In 8hr gigs I'd only get 1 and a half stars for 34 energy bolts. And I'm wasting precious time waiting to finish a stupid 8hr date (8hrs to do what? Feed the greedy needy never-satisfied husband of mine who keeps nagging at me as if he was neglected his whole life) because now I only get 1 full heart instead of 2 and a half for 8hr dates. Thank god we don't have 12 hr dated or I'd file for a divorce.
    Rant over. Probably more to come soon xD
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm missing something here. Is there a quest involving twins, or is it something else? Maybe about Koko's twins?

We Google+d each other yesterday. So now, Vats and I are waiting for each other to show, and he's waiting for the twins, the twins ....my androids are waiting to see Vats. THen watch out. we'll be all over the place.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    I hope the people who paid for the Calabasas house because it's a better party house aren't going to be too upset when they try the parties this weekend.
    Dot, I bought that house 2 days before the update. 2 days. Reason being was to make it easier for parties and to finish them faster. I was stoked when I heard about the party event, thinking I'll actually be able to win probably all of the prizes now with my 'great new' Calabasas mansion, only to find out about this huge change. I specifically bought that house for parties, if there wasn't any parties I wouldn't care about the houses. Believe me I was so frustrated, I didn't even get the hair! I stopped partying over-all and tried to focus on the rents event but Simon wouldn't even call me to finish them, then he wouldn't call me on the mom advice part (I still have it in my quest log because I've to finish other quests) so I was stuck waiting 12 hours then the event finished.
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

I have to be honest....except for one Spouse...who always says the sweetest things, I could be single forever. I'm sorry the game has changed like this. The generally consensus here is one of absolute confustion about why the game is getting harder. Were we enjoying ourselves too much? It's been a little quieter here today. You can read the general complaints in here, and know you are not alone. :)

Nice to meet you. There are some fun threads. Have you become a parent in the game? Nice thing is, the baby is not needy like a spouse. Very low maintenance. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    relationships have never been worth it to me. but if you want a kid and don't want to drop 140k stars you're kind of over a barrel.

the game sort of sucks now and if it weren't for my buddies on here i would have deleted it tbh
    no i don't have any chill
    (UGH. It's 160 Stars.) I have 1 1/2 more dates for my 'natural' kid. I'm just hoping that in the future, we can bring out kids more places than just the nursery. Have fun. Tomorrow morning will see how Karma the Game pays me back for picking the cutest babies from the orphanage, when it delivers my natural one. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    alkoholiks - yep. big ups to the community here.

Angie - I feel your rant. Sorry to hear you bought the Calabasas house right before the event. I'm bummed and at least I got one or two party events out of it. But I feel like that's sort of dirty pool.

The dates/husbands. OMG don't get me started...what - who - what - who designed those things? No one dates that way unless you want to end up on the true crime shows, as a stalker maniac.

"Spend more money/time/attention on meee, we just ended a date if you don't take me on another one we split up, really I'll leave youuuu...." and "No you can't tap on me for a gig, don't you remember, you neglected me for ten seconds and now it will cost you forty billion Kstars if you ever want to see me again."

Who would date someone like that? Why is this a good thing?

Like you said Angie why don't they ever spend money on the doll they are dating? Why does the doll have to find, wine, dine and spend more time? It never ends. And when the date isn't nagging, Ray is calling yet again...

The game has become a Tamagotchi :(
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Mini-rant. I spent the last week spending all my money on dates so I could have a baby without using K-stars. Finally finished and now they want 10 K stars just to take a photo booth pic with me holding my baby?! Grrr...
    iOS
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    The game has become a Tamagotchi :(

Haha you're so right :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I completely agree with all of you. I haven't played since Monday (I anticipate my divorce and breakup from the sidepiece), but I started the comeback quest so at least I won't lose fans when I decide to go back. For now... I need a break.