Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Ali: I didn't know that. Is it optional at least?

Lucy: Lol.

Val: Speaking of lost fans...I've been meaning to ask: Why is it I keep LOSING fans, every time I log in, and Willow keeps gloating and gloating, even though I have been making sure I get 5 stars every gig??
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    OK IDK if this was said before but what in the world?!?! Why did Glu raise the asking price for a wedding dress from 7k to over 9k??
    I saved up 7k jus for the dress...when I saw that out of the 5 or so dresses you can choose from only 2 were in kash, it was listed for 9k..no offense but those were my least fav ones...It's frustrating that I haveto buy a dress so I can get married. Why can't I wear one of the other ones..

I agree with what Angie said. I am also on the verge of giving up this game, while I love it, it is also really hard on my real life duties. I really only keep it because of everyone here, and that on the off chance they add one of the suggestions here...
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I read and agree with so many of these posts. I tend to be vocal. AND............... I do have news from Glu this morning. They're here in the threads daily, assessing and fixing glitches, and keeping up with whats going on in the community. Here is what I heard, regarding all the changes and so much displeasure in the changes.

They wrote:

"Thanks again to everyone for letting us know. We don't view constructive criticism as bad, they just mean that we need to work harder to make the game better for all players. We appreciate all the constructive feedback that you guys are sending through the Hookah Den and other threads and we do pay attention to them daily.
    We will note the recent feedback and continue to make step-by-step adjustments for each version, update, and event so that the game is fun for all and sustainable overall. "

Now this is me again, So, 4 months ago I never thought we'd see babies. I laughed. OMG, I'm not laughing now. Glu went from no game to Best Game Ever in a short time. This is like nothing ever before. Our thirst and desire for more outfits, more places, more things to do, More people. Better systems in adding and removing people, more eye colors, more movement. What did I miss? We want more of everything. So, while they're working on that, some questionable choices were made. If anything the game has shown is that things change, I'd like to believe they can change again, to something more pleasant. It's a game. Games aren't played if they're not fun. I still have faith in the game, and I'm not cashing out quite yet.

(I even hate to say this, I know shoes will be thrown in my general direction) but I'm only stocked with one gift card, for one game. Sigh. Suppose this is a special everything is on sale week? If I don't have funding, ugh. So, I'm going to hit the store, get a couple of cards, JUST IN CASE. Am I enjoying the tasks? Not at all. But, I enjoy the clothes changing aspect, the 'rocking' of the baby, pictures, but most of all I enjoy you guys.) I'm outta here for a while, but I wanted to let you know what Glu passed on to me. So, everyone smile pretty, and wave nicely. They're here, and I believe they're listening. You'd have to be deaf to not hear the frustration and all about the diminished rewards, VIPs, and general unhappiness.

Any thoughts about what the event could possibly be about? Any chatter of new people or something in the game? How can I get ready to start a thread without a clue. Hmmmmmmm.. Ok got it. Thanks guys. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Ok thanks for telling us Koko :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Ok, I didn't go anywhere, no stores today. I am brainstorming this week's event thread, and I feel like a concert promotor who doesn't know if the headliner is coming. I never have a good strategy. I got up way too early on 'Dating weekend' and thought one hour dates would pay off better than long ones (like parties and maybe gigs) so I ended up one date standing npcs. So stoopid. Plus, I tapped my own other android game, long story short....I have to pay about 100 stars between them and then, all I can do is date so lit looks like I'll be marrying my twins together again. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Well, if it's gonna be gigs, that's a tough one to get people pumped up for... But you know, Zoyechka might be on to something. We've all been glum lately-- colon cleanses for everyone this weekend! And she should probably host that particular shindig. :p
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Now Luz, we have a real special Thread planned and I don't think any colone cleanses will be available. . No, I don't have a clu. But why should this be different. All will be explained when I open the even thread. Perhaps we should have a pool to see............ah......you'll just have to wait. As usual, I'm missing all my notes. , maybe the Babies ate them. i don't know how she does it, But Apple P managed to 'step in a raise' Z's beautiful little Stephan. She's decided to use his middle name till he's old enough to decide if he wants to be Cass or Cash. And I hear she's circling round the helipad for TabletDoll's home. But TabletDoll is serving a lunch to the paparazzi on the tarmac right now, so I don't see that happening.

ohhh. gather round for a quickly disappearing fun fact

Ahh pwhoop. You missed it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Noooo! I missed the fun fact! That's not fun!

Pm me the fun fact. Does it involve gratuitous filth? Luxurious indecency? Butts?

• Options
    Wait. So you're calling a little boy who looks like this abc4579d-64b5-4730-8f20-7b46034b3819_zps332ryj8j.jpg Stephan?

And to think I had a moment of guilt that my baby girl looked so one-sidedly like her mom! No worries there, after all! Now the only worry is angry husbands... At least those husbands don't hang out here, much!

• Options
    Not me Luz. AppleP. Little SamiJ's mom. uh, we're in the wrong thread. lol. I'm moving us over to Babys or something. hang on. And I'll tell you about mystery post on the way.

Ok it's here. And lets never speak of that fun fact again.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?135713-Baby-and-me-%28Also-the-Delivery-room%29/page13
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    I completely agree with all of you. I haven't played since Monday (I anticipate my divorce and breakup from the sidepiece), but I started the comeback quest so at least I won't lose fans when I decide to go back. For now... I need a break.

Agreed. After last weekend, the only thing I've done is go on a 1hr date at Oak so the hubs doesn't divorce me everyday. I don't even really want to play right now. Holding out and hoping changes for the better really are made.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I recently submitted a ticket for my issue with the ad button and this was Glu's reply.

"We're sorry to hear that you’re having problems with the free offers, but thank you for the report! Your feedback is vital to help improve the game. This information will be passed on to the appropriate vendor for investigation."

=__________="" That helped. I feel like they never even bothered to even look into my game. This is what I get for paying.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster, perhaps each one of us who is having video/star issues should right. If they see alllllllllllllllllllll our complaints, then it might be more effective. If they have to hand off all this info.....let the volume of complaints about this issue pass through their hands. (Among my many incarnations one was a telephone collector. I learned early to remain polite, but make the person standing between me and success want to ge me out of their hair. So. I have an issue on 2 devices. I've got videos again....but after I watch them I'm not getting my star. Maybe once a week the game tosses me a star just to give false hope. Then it laughs at me as I watch 4 more videos with no star. I'm sorry Naimonster. I've been putting this out of my mind, but maybe we should each report it when it doesn't work.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I was buying furniture for Mell's room, then I realized that after purchases a certain emptiness, then I realized that when making those purchases didn't get golden stars/hearts.

Seriously 30k on a crib and any rise of professional/romantic point.:mad:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes everyone affected should file a ticket. I was about to let it slip, because I thought "What could be done?". But no, we have to let them know this is an equally important issue they need to fix. I've been seeing people continuously mention this problem since I joined this forum and yet after months, still not solved. You're right, they need to know the amount of people who face this issue, maybe they don't. So everyone go file a ticket if you are a victim of the disappearing act of "Watch video for Kstars".
    PM to add
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    I've got videos again....but after I watch them I'm not getting my star. Maybe once a week the game tosses me a star just to give false hope. Then it laughs at me as I watch 4 more videos with no star. I'm sorry Naimonster. I've been putting this out of my mind, but maybe we should each report it when it doesn't work.

I have this problem too! I said something about it, and just got the answer from gluadmin in the FAQ board that I have reached some kind of limit. 1 star maybe a month? That is not a limit, it's a problem. Meanwhile, my husband's device gets oodles of free stars, at least compared to a couple a month.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    I've never even tried the video thing to get a star. I really should, sometime. I wish they made it more accessible from the main screen.

My fans are STILL dwindling, I went from about # 33 in the time just before the latest update to now being about # 43, I go up a peg, down a peg, and I'm throwing parties AND getting 5 stars in events. What in the world do I need to do?? I don't want to become a B lister again. That will make me want to hurl my tablet out of the window...I've put too much $$ into this game to just delete it, so it's just frustrating, a helpless feeling.

I don't really find helpless frustration entertaining :(

I think I'm gonna start a Sugar & Spice thread so we can all drop a tid bit of 'what we liked today' in and go read it to cheer up...and so can the Glu team if they need to...(read it and cheer up.)

I know Glu works hard and has a lot on its plate. I just want to WANT to keep playing.

Nai that's awful...I know I sent you at least a few things. I have had the same happen in the past. When I first got friends some of them were sending 3, 4 things a day. I don't know if the game doesn't like too many things sent at once or what, but, half the time I'd go to get the item and nothing was there, no "!" nothing.

Frankly I think the gifting aspect of the game is not only a cementing for a lot of people, holding them to playing the game, and bonding socially with other players, BUT it is also a potentially larger $$ stream for Glu...AND right now personally the only fun I am having in the game...

I think they really should work on making gifting a major focus and aspect of the game. NOT obligation-wise and NOT part of game play but a super fun OPTION, very user friendly, very STABLE, and some way to know it was sent and received. I have posted a lot of suggestions about ways to possibly improve gifting, in the Suggestions thread, over the past months. I think a visually pleasing 'gift center' or some empty gift boxes that friends can fill would be really fun.

Koko - you always make all of the events a blast. Like so many keep saying, the community is one reason we are still playing and you are the focus and the leader of this community :)

If I wanted to say anything else I forgot, I wore myself out typing...Lol. Oh yeah - thanks Glu for letting us vent, and I hope it all is helpful. Companies sometimes pay a lot for this type of focused feedback. So thanks for taking this all in the spirit it was intended. :)
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    Agreed. After last weekend, the only thing I've done is go on a 1hr date at Oak so the hubs doesn't divorce me everyday. I don't even really want to play right now. Holding out and hoping changes for the better really are made.

I came in to check on what the event was this weekend... aaand I'm not buying any kstars so I'm going to continue being offline... I feel like I'm being hustled.
  • Options
    I wish I had an inkling it would be a shopping event. I just gifted a ton of people this week and could've easily made the entire prize list.

I bought 3 mystery boxes because I had hoped to quit trying if I got something good. On the 3rd box I got a gown. The other two were energy and money.
  • Options
    TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts
    I really wish that there was more to look forward to when you level up Just got to level 35 with the weekend event and only got photo booths with Kim's new clothes ... Quite disappointing 😞 no new clothes or anything else for me besides the usual level up bonus
    GC: TTemb
  • Options
    What? That's awful. And level 34 had what? One new thing? I'm level 33, and unless more things appear when you reach 34, it looks very slim. One dress?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Okay so now they have the Kstars for videos offer but after playing 3 videos, I get no Kstar. What's up, Glu?
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Hi Carolyn. Welcome to the forum. I really can't see much of a joke about your post, so maybe you're serious, so I'll answer you seriously. If you were joking, then ha-ha, good one!

To defend Kim Kardashian, she's probably never seen this thread and has no idea that anything hookah has been mentioned on this forum. The hookah den thread was started merely because I found a cool-looking picture of one while I looked at pictures of smoker's lounges. And I was only looking at those because many of us were mad and wanted a place to vent our frustrations with KKH gameplay. Smoking with anger and smoking with tobacco made some kind of association in my mind at that moment. Plus the furnishings of Al Narah were pretty, so I linked it here. I'm fully responsible for it, and I'm just some random player of the game.

Sooooo... The hookah element isn't part of the KKH game, it's a player-added thread. It's completely unrelated to the game developer or Kim. It's only here because they allowed the game players to do something silly. No scandal possible.

And you should keep in mind that basically 99.99999999% of what goes on in this forum is created by the other players. Their words and views have basically nothing to do with the developer or Kim, who only police us if we're obscene or cruel to each other.

Many of us are possibly Christians, and many aren't. This forum isn't limited to any area of the world or any demographic. We haven't dealt with religion at all because we wanted to include, not discourage, camaraderie and fun interactions. Religious talk can be divisive, to say the least.

This place can be kind of racy and ridiculous. It may not be that much fun for you if you can't recognize the satire and deliberate absurdity here. But if you're able to laugh a bit, welcome.

• Options
    Carolyn - this is a fan forum, so, the Kardashians had nothing to do with naming this thread. A hookah pipe is tobacco though...

There are 'hookah bars' throughout L.A. and they are very popular but trust me, all they serve is tobacco - and not the wacky kind.

__

Back to the game...Once again I got 5 stars on everything only to log in the next day and watch my fan level plummet from # 37 to # 42.

So the next gig I got 3 stars and called it a day...
  • Options
    I came in to complain, and saw Caroline criticizing the naming of this thread. I am a practicing Roman Catholic. I was going to complain about it costing 30Energy to fill one Star during a no friend allowed 8 hour gig. Then I did math (you know how hard that is for me, no more appendix avail for removal) 4x30 =120 but it turned out that it took 10 hours to earn energy for an 8 hour gig. It was freaking eloquent. But I was in the wrong thread, so I cut and came here to paste, and found this craziness. So I went to wikipedia to copy the reference for Hookah Den, and lost my oh so eloquent rant. So I'll worry about that later. Now, Hi Carolyn, here's what wikipedia has to say about Hookah Dens the way we are using it here.

Hookah lounges are mostly found in college towns and urban areas and are regarded by some as a novel and chic way to socialize and embrace multiculturalism. Some people of Middle Eastern or South Asian extraction consider them a continuation of their own cultural traditions. A hookah and a variety of tobacco products are on display in a Harvard Square store window in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. Often, hookah lounges are owned and operated by people from the Arab world, origin and or other regions where use of the hookah is a centuries-old tradition. Many hookah lounges incorporate such elements as Islamic decor and Arabic music or Indian music.
    Hookah lounges do not typically have liquor licenses but instead derive the bulk of their revenue from sales of coffee, tea, soft drinks and snack foods. Almost all offer Turkish coffee. Some hookah lounges have well-equipped kitchens and are more akin to bistros. In the broadest sense, any restaurant or nightclub can be considered a hookah lounge if it offers patrons hookahs, shisha and a comfortable place to smoke. Some offer Middle Eastern cuisine menu items.
    Due to several state anti-tobacco laws, many Hookah Bars have made the transition from smoking traditional shisha to smoking herbal shisha because it contains no tobacco, or nicotine and is legal indoors in areas specific to the prohibition of tobacco smoking. Herbs do produce tar when they burn.

So Carolyn, you posted in 2014 for gifts, and have never been back to participate in the community until now? And you came in and criticized us for starting a thread and calling it a Hookah Lounge? I have to be honest, I'm questioning your motives.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Anyway, lets drill down into this RateGate. Theoretically, you shouldn't have to leave a gig to go look for more energy. Most of us finish gigs much earlier than 8 hours, but in the shifting of how much our energy is worth as far as job completion......... Going in with the filled in bonus stars leaves 4. It took 30 energy to complete a star. The task was unbearably long and drawn out. So much so, that when I saw the little pop of the 4th star completely filling in, I looked. I had gone in with 40, ran out to the doctors, emptied another 40, sat down tapped for some energy, long story short, I had about an hour left when I got the 4th star pop, and then tap by tap to make sure I didn't spend more than I needed energywise, counted 28 when the phone rang. I wrote down 28 so I wouldn't forget. hung up the phone, forgot I was counting but on the second or third tap the 5th star filled and gig was over. 5 Stars x30= 150.
    4 Stars with bonus : 120

We earn energy at 12 per hour. so with the bonus.....it take 10 hours to earn the energy for an 8 hour gig. If you didn't have enough "Stuff" to merit the bonus, it would take 12+ hours to earn the energy for an 8 hour gig. And, I don't get this. 34 energy used to be enough to just about finish a 3 hour gig. I am so shocked with this fact that I feel like I just found the loaded dice. It's cheating. I buy my stars. I need the version of the game geared toward the legit players. I think they gave me the wrong one.

Ahhh, it was a better post the first time. But you see my point. Oh wait, that wasn't even the corker. Is anyone getting hit with a loss of fans and a tweet about no one seeing you and your date recently? 2 devices got this a few hours after 5 Star dates. So, this arbitrary loss of fan and psychological tweet is supposed to make us nervous and waste energy on another date in the same day? Or, if I don't date again out of panic, am I going to be broken up with now? So is dating upped also? I've never walked away from the games this early at night, and I've never shut down not caring how many stars my gigs have before. If I am penalized for doing a 5Star date or gig (yeah lackluster, not good enough.......we've all seen it happen if we don't take a VIP) ....if I'm punished for doing all 5 full stars.....what's the difference? Oh, it was only the Android games giving me the garbage about taking away fans a few hours after a 5Star date. The iPad hasn't tried it yet.

Omg, I turned the tablet back on, the first android I dated, got 5 stars and a good tweet, got a bad tweet and loss of fans a few hours later. So I dated a 2nd time today with 5 Stars with my Spouse. Got a good tweet. Just got called for a 3rd date in 10 hours. I declined. At this point, I don't care about finishing this gig either. I would check my third device to see if I was done, but Im afraid THAT one will call for another date. I'm beginning to agree with ticksss. Night everyone.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Glu, where is the tuxedo my husband married me in? And all we get out of the wedding was photo booth backgrounds? Really? And seriously.... How hard would it be if you all made NPCSs customizable? make our dolls and our experience on KKH truly CUSTOMIZABLE. Let us decide how our partners should look. The look & the feel should be integrated into the players preferences.

Please... Glu, I know you can do so much better than what you have here right now and we are all willing to support you. We spend so much of our time & money on this game that we do expect more.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Ahhh, it was a better post the first time. But you see my point. Oh wait, that wasn't even the corker. Is anyone getting hit with a loss of fans and a tweet about no one seeing you and your date recently? 2 devices got this a few hours after 5 Star dates. So, this arbitrary loss of fan and psychological tweet is supposed to make us nervous and waste energy on another date in the same day? Or, if I don't date again out of panic, am I going to be broken up with now? So is dating upped also? I've never walked away from the games this early at night, and I've never shut down not caring how many stars my gigs have before. If I am penalized for doing a 5Star date or gig (yeah lackluster, not good enough.......we've all seen it happen if we don't take a VIP) ....if I'm punished for doing all 5 full stars.....what's the difference? Oh, it was only the Android games giving me the garbage about taking away fans a few hours after a 5Star date. The iPad hasn't tried it yet.

Omg, I turned the tablet back on, the first android I dated, got 5 stars and a good tweet, got a bad tweet and loss of fans a few hours later. So I dated a 2nd time today with 5 Stars with my Spouse. Got a good tweet. Just got called for a 3rd date in 10 hours. I declined. At this point, I don't care about finishing this gig either. I would check my third device to see if I was done, but Im afraid THAT one will call for another date. I'm beginning to agree with ticksss. Night everyone.

I have lost fans and positions on the top couples list lately, this is super frustrating.

It was very difficult to reach the top 20 and now I can't stop falling, I go dating EVERY DAY, I don't understand why this happens.

You described very well the feeling I have about it.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ok, this is freakin ridiculous. The android who dated twice yesterday and got called for a third and I declined? Just turned that game back on. I left it Parked in Oak, incase this happened. SUre enough first thing to pop up is a bad tweet about us and loss of fans. But I was smart. I'm in Oak, I can just call him for a date. Ok, 8 hour date. I cancelled. and I guess I will try again in 20 minutes. But you know the minute I step out of oak to play, do a gig or something, my spouse who with me is number 16, will break up with me. I'm not spending all my energy on an 8 hour date. If the date time doesn't change. This game will stop being played. ANd if the other android does this to me over a 2 day period....it will stop being played. ANd finally, if the ipad starts this garbage. It will stop being played. and then I'm not playing anymore, because the game is holding me hostage and I can't leave the venue without being forced to pay ransom.

Hey, want to see a game die before your very eyes? I'll take my doll outside.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh no Koko, that sucks a lot!

This game is full of glitches and you are another victim, I don't understand why up to now Glu hasn't improved the dates and dumps system that's all ridiculous, I like to go to dating every day I'm used to it, but not everyone has this availability and the price to be paid in k stars for when we get dumped is a real punishment besides being outrageously expensive.

How about a walk in Tokyo to cheer you up?
    MJef6sp.jpg?1

Does someone realized that there is a bug in the nursery where the bird at the window go through the wall of the room?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!