General Complaints Thread

Comments

• surrjanesurrjane Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I want more clothing/shoes/jewelry/etc options for leveling up!! I'm on level 54, almost on level 55, and for a while now there has been barely anything new in my closet when I level up (ESPECIALLY for cash).
    A++ Lister (I can't convince myself to grind my way through the dating comeback). Level 82. Max Fans.
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Johana said:
    This makes me furious - suddenly leveling up when I already have 30 energy.  :#:#

@Johana that is one of my biggest peeves. We know they can make energy stack on top of existing energy. Why not also do it when we level?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited February 2018
    It frustates me that SYS event is happening so often, because every time other platforms are having SYS, Facebook gets no event. It has become one of the most common type of events. I know they are fun, and it's not even problem that you guys have it, I'm happy for you. I'm just frustated by the fact facebook has no event then, and it happens so often.
    It would only be fair that we get some other event on fb, when you have SYS. I know I sound like a broken record with this, but this is a vent thread lol :lol: and it really does my head in missing so many events. You had SYS previous weekend, and now again for weekday.. Not to mention that the items for the last SYS were the best we had in a while in the game and we on fb never got the chance to get them. We want SYS on facebook!! Or some other event while SYS is on on other platforms! For the same items! :smiley: pretty please!!! :heart:
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wonder why Glu has never done a compromise for Facebook players. I understand they say SYS can't work on Facebook (who knows why) but then why couldn't it be like a professional event instead and you get the same prizes?

I wonder why Glu has never done a compromise for Facebook players. I understand they say SYS can't work on Facebook (who knows why) but then why couldn't it be like a professional event instead and you get the same prizes?

Exactly! That's all we want haha! Just the chance to get them items. Thanks for understanding, @soundspretty! I doubt it's too hard to make happen as well, as it's not something new we are asking for. It's just running one of the other regular events...
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Well I don't know where else to post this and hopefully maybe someone will respond..idk. But there was an offer on kstar for about 200 kstar there was two of them along with another 84 kstar for another star. So it game 1 about 200 kstar and game 2 about 200 kstar and another 84 kstar. I was super excited so I decide to download both game and do one at a time. I finally finish one of the offer for about 200 kstar and it wasn't easy either. So I go back on my game nothing happen so I went onto kstar offer and realize there whole page change, and I panick a little and of course I was right. My offer are gone and there is no proof to show that Glu owe me about 200 kstar. I am really upset by this..

Edit update:
    So even tho I was upset not angry lol, that all my hard work was wasted it didn't change my mind to stop playing this game when my doll have so much to do. Later on I got back on because I still have a gig to finish and Glu gave me my 264 kstar so thank you Glu.

KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love a happy ending. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well I am back for another rant. This game is good but I just want it to give my doll a break!

1. First it was that Christmas story with the past, present and future where they blame my doll for causing a person success in life to fail. That I took the spotlight from them. I really didn't like that because my doll do everything it can to help people if it is an option. There a saying that say never blame someone for your action. In other word my doll shouldn't felt guilty because  someone didn't get a gig or got famous. There where many time people(Like willow) got my gig that my doll should of got but I had to push my doll to do other gigs to become successful and famous. So that person should of did the same instead of having the past, present and future making me feel guilty for not succedding in life. I can't help everyone.

2. So months go by and boom! Maria called me to meet in our office. When I got there she was getting mad and throwing a fit! All because I was suppose to be somewhere and I wasnt. This is not the first time she said this either. So she assist I get an assistant to help me. So I go meet this assistant (who seem like she will be no help) after meeting the assistant Simon called getting upset because I miss their meeting until I explain why. And throw another gig on me. I mean my poor doll never get a break.  Every time I finish one or two gigs I get five more, so it's not my doll fault if she miss something important if Maria and Simon wasn't double teaming and throwing five gigs my way.

Not to mention my doll just pop out a baby and I had no say so if I wanted to introduce my baby into the Hollywood industry. Then my husband ask for a second baby after I pop out the first one. All I am saying there should be a story line where my doll get a break from people expecting her to be prefect and do good. Just my little rant.
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    @Keia it's always interesting that we're rewarded when our dolls play the nice game and have to take the high road. Sometimes I just wanna tell a character to stuff it. I know it's just a game but I was absolutely peeved when we had to do the konnections storyline like we're on some trash show like the bachelor. No thank you
    @Keia it's always interesting that we're rewarded when our dolls play the nice game and have to take the high road. Sometimes I just wanna tell a character to stuff it. I know it's just a game but I was absolutely peeved when we had to do the konnections storyline like we're on some trash show like the bachelor. No thank you
    I just fell all my doll pain when she go through so much. Like you say even though it's a game I just want to strangle someone lol. Talking about konnection reminds me how the game knows that you are married but act like you are not. I hate that konnection  I wish they did an option to not to do it. 
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @Keia you can use the konnections for professional contacts only, that’s what I do. I haven’t tried the romantic feature because I’ve had my husband for over a year and don’t want to lose him. 
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I hope in the future, Glu could provide us more variety of choices to respond in the storylines and it could also lead to different results to the end of the stories. There were times, I was disappointed that the game forced my doll to take the high road, too. I know the game is created based on social norms in real life that we expect to behave in a certain way. But, it’s a game! I want to be able to say/ do whatever I want to say that I can’t say/ do in real life. That’s the point of playing the game, isn’t it? The STORIES feature is on the right track. I’m disappointed that Glu decided to discontinue it. I’m sure it has to do with the feature didn’t make enough profits for Glu. I really think it could work if Glu develops the STORIES better and add more exclusive items in each STORY. It doesn’t make sense to ask players to pay 25 KStars each chapter just for the story and no matter what answer you choose basically lead to the same result in the end. For example, “The Return of the Count”, I couldn’t choose to take the bribe, the game forced my doll to take the high road. What’s the point to allow players to redo the story but all leads to the same result? I’m pretty sure during the test period, most players only paid in the chapters that could earn the doctor’s outfit and the red gown. I would rather pay 75 KStars for a STORY and get a really nice exclusive item than spend over 700 KStars in a Kollection for a whole bunch of items I don’t want just to get one or two Items I want.☹️
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    edited March 2018
    I just had to look up this thread, it was buried. ,,,,,I opened the freaking game and called my spouse in for a date, boom I've got 49 energy and I level up. I want to shut down and crawl back into bed. This pistols me off more than the party stuff. It's my hard work. 75 times in almost 4 years...i've leveled up. let me have a whole tank. See you on thursday. Bye

. Ok well it got me soooooooooooooooo mad, and I knew my subscriptions end today. Yeah, gut reaction cancelled it. Then I grabbed another game....I was too late to cancel that one, or the ipad. I know I'lll calm down and resubscribe in a few days, but I just finish rationalizing in my head why glu has to keep the screws on for parties, and bam. Hit me in the face...you leveled up...no energy for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't think I have ever leveled up when I didn't already have a full bar, or close to a full bar, of energy. Or when you're tapping to location and accidentally tap something that gives you energy, like the pet I'm walking, and those energy points are just wasted.
    edited March 2018
    On a good note....Vats continues to try to get his game back. He knows we all miss him, the fact that when my Android froze a year ago....it froze in the freeze look from a year earlier, and a device prior as well. So, a game that never had that look on in the new devicegf.....froze in that look the device had never worn.....so that save was in there somewhere. I think that's why we still hold out hope. Maybe on Easter, like no game during lent for Vats. On Easter the bunny will put the game back up for him. Hey, it could happen........more good thoughts for r Vats please. He's keeping the faith and we should too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    I'm still salty about losing the 8th party guest/losing the opportunity to earn k-stars during this midweek event. I feel like people have been consistently expressing their frustration with party events forever and it's one of those things (like the 4000 kash giftbox) that just isn't going to change. To me it seems like everytime a party event comes up as a midweek event it's met with disappointment but it falls on deaf ears. I've already come to terms with the fact that I was just going to skip this midweek but then I had hope that maybe glu had finally listened to our feedback (i.e. given us an extra guest/an opportunity to earn k-stars during the midweek) and I was so glad to see that they had made improvements! But then that hope was taken away and I was left even more disappointed. sigh. 
    iOS player
    edited March 2018
    You know when you keep getting close to hitting number 1 on the celeb list and they just keep on updating the list and adding more fans to be earned? Well, it usually didn't use to bother me at all, as you are basically always in top 10, and it's just what they do (instead of adding comebacks, but that's another story :neutral: ), so I accepted it and it wouldn't bother me where on the list I am. But ever since they introduced trophies, I haven't been able to reach number one, and it started to do my head in. Then when I saw this earlier today, I was just beyond disappointed :disappointed:+215 places?? I mean, seriously, glu? That's a bit too much, isn't? :angry:

I mean, we keep on doing gigs and earning fans, but we keep getting knocked down the list by mechanical update of the list every day or two, and it's usually expanded by at least 10 millions. It's a bit disheartening. #addnewcomebacks!
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I was away from friday to sunday, and when I opened the game sunday afternoon, I got a call from my dolls SO asking for a date. I of course accepted, and clicked on to the next location (LAX) to go to NYC. Then, I got a call from the SO asking for 138 k-stars or a breakup?! Wth. I had JUST accepted a date and then got broken up with. That shouldn't be possible.
    hackers can burn in hell
    @daffodil That's happened to me before. I think regardless if you accept a date or not there's a timer and when it reaches the end that's when they try to break up with you. I think the timer is about 2 days? Then once you go on a date it resets. The only benefit of accepting a date when they call is you get a bit of a bonus at the end of the date, however the timer is the same whether you go on a date with them then or not. That's why I don't even bother going on a date until after I get the second call.
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    I still think it's crazy that after being at the max level with my husband for over 2 years I still have to go on daily dates with him so he won't break up with me. I might be wrong, but I remember someone mentioning that in one of the original stardom games you don't have to date after you reach the max level.

My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
    edited March 2018
    Oh @daffodil , this is why I suggest parking your Doll in a date venue at night. If anything happens and you can’t play for a while, if your game opens in a date venue, you don’t leave till you have done your date. Otherwise, o"nce you step outside, the breakup call will come. If you are safely inside a date place (Bel Air home would also work, the thing is to date before the breakup call comes, before you leave wherever you are.
    Personally, I tap out energy at Kardashian in Soho before shutting down for the night, then go next door and park in Oak. Next time I open my game....if i’ve Been away from the game I do the date, then go about the day happily playing. (@wish told me this, you can save a bunch of wasted energy turn it into cash. Before bedtime I start a 12 hour date at oak. Tap out all my extra energy and park in Oak) when I open I go right into Oak, tap out. Little more energy, and start playing. Now I can tap objects without wasting it because I accidentally tapped my pet in the jet or something. That is the secret to Riches in the Game, according to @wish. (show if hands if you remember her.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    edited April 2018
    whew lads, am i salty and sour about this dating development.

now idk what exactly transpired in that convo that was mentioned in the event thread, but there is one thing i agree with: the love guru comeback was a waste of time lmao. in the other two comebacks when you tap on the money maker or fashion guru actions, they do give you a nice payout. in love guru that doesn't work. i think i've used it like 5 times? and just... nah.
    the reason i decided to do that comeback was because i have never been good with dating events.
    i'm not good at saving up kash and the fact we can't choose the length for dates as well as having to go on dates every day or we risk breaking up is ridiculous to me.
    so one of the things that kinda made me cope with dating events was the wine option, because for example in one hour events you could wine yourself out of it for little, yet quick, payout. Let's say three 1h dates where the wine option was activated, that's 12 stars for 15 event points, bam first box scored. that really helped me, even if it was expensive. now i have to spend at least 12 stars and twice the amount of kash for 1h dates? what the f***.

it makes no sense to me they'd do this instead of like, finally letting us choose date length, or better then, reducing the cap of points to complete dating events. you sure can increase the cap for extended events, so i'm sure you can decrease it.

now i ain't saying this will make me stop playing, bc like, it won't lmao i'm too deep in this to ju$t $top (i mean i spent like 50 bucks like 2 years ago but they were MY 50 bucks), unless they stopped updating or i lost my progress then whatever, but it'll definitely deter me from participating in dating events and to an extent, deter me from voicing opinions on the game's features, because if they use my opinions to pull something like this, it comes off as a way of punishment, like saying "careful what you wish for because it can get worse".

edit: also, ALSO, if this is your way of making the love guru option useful, then change THAT instead of the w i n e.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I totally agree with you @egg. It's 23:25 pm in my time zone and I júst got to the squirrel. This is just down right outrageous.

I'm also too invested in the game to just stop playing but I just get aggravated when I play now. So that makes me play less. Which over time... 

So glu pay attention and just LISTEN for once in a while. #fixthewine !!!! 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    September said:

I totally agree with you @egg. It's 23:25 pm in my time zone and I júst got to the squirrel. This is just down right outrageous.

I'm also too invested in the game to just stop playing but I just get aggravated when I play now. So that makes me play less. Which over time... 

So glu pay attention and just LISTEN for once in a while. #fixthewine !!!! 

girl i haven't even reached half the points for the squirrel, at this point i'm just accepting defeat lmao.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Today I tapped the hourly workout session button in the LA Gym while the meter was at 19/20 and my energy bar was full :tired_face: and the +5 energy was wasted instead of extending my energy bar past the max, like how it does when getting energy from GB palettes. My own fault for tapping without looking closely, and I feel awfully stupid for it, especially when this weekend's event is so energy-intensive...

Is there any chance the Gym energy bonus could be changed to behave like the GB energy bonus when applied to a full energy bar? The same change we've been requesting for when leveling up after loading a new update and the max level is raised? I realize losing out on +5 seems piddly compared to losing out on +45ish, but in some circumstances every bit helps...
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    Just coming to join in on the #FixTheWine movement. Just absolutely no reason for Glu to do this except to screw their players over...I will not be making anymore purchases until/unless this is fixed....not cool Glu
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    The way Glu keeps making the game harder to play is really not a smart move. I like the game and I really hope Glu does well financially, so the game will continue to develop new contents.
    I will be honest, changing little things here and there to upset players doesn’t help at all!! —
    **refuse to add a bonus star for parties,
    **took away the 8th party guest (tech issue due to causing players game crashes .. sure 😒),
    Lesson learned, if you see something good, don’t post it on Glu forum!!
    **and now, changing the wine payouts. I also noticed that climbing the top couple list is so much harder. I used to be able to progress 8-10 spots during a dating weekend event if I date constantly (event mode). This event, it only moved up 1 spot. I don’t even bother to care.😔
    **Not to mention Glu ignored the petition to remove 4000Kash from the event gift boxes, instead, less Kash items we can buy and every Kash item is overpriced.
    It doesn’t even matter, even if Glu removed the Kash box, there would just be more event points/ energy boxes. 😡 How about replace 4K Kash boxes with some KStar priced items in the closet that players haven’t bought yet? There’s gotta be a happy medium?!

To be honest, if I were a new player, I would delete the game instantly. These changes not only upset long time players (some, including me, will definitely spend less $ on the game), they also won’t help attract and retain newer customers. A Game should be enjoyable, not a chore that we need to babysit. (That’s one of the reasons Kendall & Kylie’s game failed.)

I recently read an article that basically saying the celebrity games, including KKH, make a lot of $ but 71% of the profits go to the prepaid royalties —> celebrities. (Thanks to @klena for sharing the article with me.)
    Insert the article Here, if you are interested in reading:

To Kim Kardashian, Glu really does a good job on your game. If you happen to read this post (unlikely, I know), Please ... consider taking less profits ... buying a smaller island, maybe?! 😂 I really hope that Glu’s hard working, talented employees are getting paid well to make this game even better. Kim, if you do so, you will make a lot of people happy! 😉
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • vdriscoll1281vdriscoll1281 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    webra said:
    Johana said:
    This makes me furious - suddenly leveling up when I already have 30 energy.  :#:#

@Johana that is one of my biggest peeves. We know they can make energy stack on top of existing energy. Why not also do it when we level?
    One of my BIGGEST pet peeves!
    edited April 2018

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves!

Hi. Welcome To the forum. Be sure and introduce y9urself at out Introduce yourself thread here:
    https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5417630/introduce-yourselves-getting-to-know-you-no-add-requests-please/p13

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I’ve been playing and absolutely loving this game for almost three years, but with every update I feel worse and worse. I understand that Glu is a company wanting to make money but they are ruining the game for me. 
    The prices are going up, we get less cash items, it’s almost impossible to furnish the Bel Air home, the businesses don’t pay out more when the prices go up, the events are more difficult to finish. This mid-week event is the first one that I won’t finish even though I tried. I don’t want it to be too easy, but I hate games that make me feel like I HAVE to play as soon as my energy is full or pets are recharged. It makes it less fun for me. I’ve loved this game since I started playing, I’ve slent hundreds of dollars and always tried to defended it to people complaining. But this greedy-ness is making me frustrated. Just by looking at the kollections how some started out at 450 stars (in total) to be at least 600-700 to finish by now. 
    I hate that the game is going this direction, cause kkh has always been so special to me. :(