Baby Update is here - Official thread Open

Comments

• FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    You can only choose the gender if you adopt. If you conceive then its just random.

It's not random you can have a girl or a boy and you can change the gender whatever you want. I have both closets and hairstyles.
  • EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    A screencap showing the wardrobe as you can see you get both genders hair and it is the same with outfits

gIkeCnk.png
  • DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    It's not random you can have a girl or a boy and you can change the gender whatever you want. I have both closets and hairstyles.

How do you change it, does it come up anywhere? I'm still trying to decide whether to adopt or not :D
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
    You just tap the name of the baby and you can change the name to a boys name, the closet has both girls and boys outfits and hair to choose from
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    All of your babies are precious! So exciting. I think if I have one I'll do it naturally (with Jesse haha, bow chicka wow wow). I was maxed out like many of you but have to reach 12,000 now. Ehhh I might wait till I'm an A lister again so people will care. I'm almost C+ lister and Shae so does not have her priorities straight for a baby. Bought the Tokyo pad and dog instead! :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Danni wrote: »
    How do you change it, does it come up anywhere? I'm still trying to decide whether to adopt or not :D

Example: if you adopt a boy and after you want to change the gender because you want to have a girl you can't but if you have the baby with you partner you can change the gender all the times you want of course if you adopt maybe you can choose the aspect of your baby with your partner you can't.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Example: if you adopt a boy and after you want to change the gender because you want to have a girl you can't but if you have the baby with you partner you can change the gender all the times you want of course if you adopt maybe you can choose the aspect of your baby with your partner you can't.

I don't think the girl baby's get ALL of the boys clothes and hair (I have a boy and I have some girls stuff but not all of it)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Here's everything that is available to be purchased for a baby boy! (The stuff without a price tag is what I already bought because it cost k-cash instead of K-stars)
    image_zpsuifehyl3.jpg
    So you're telling me the girls have ALL of this in their closet?
    I don't think the girl baby's get ALL of the boys clothes and hair (I have a boy and I have some girls stuff but not all of it)

When you have the baby with you partner you have both closets.
    So you're telling me the girls have ALL of this in their closet?

Yeah I have all of this and the girls clothes too.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

Does it work that way?

From what I saw here having a baby with the spouse the baby inherits the traits of our doll, someone tried to change the look of the doll to see if the baby also changes?

Or he/she inherits the traits that we're wearing when you accept to have a baby?

And all kind of couples can have conceveid babys!!!!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Does it work that way?

From what I saw here having a baby with the spouse the baby inherits the traits of our doll, someone tried to change the look of the doll to see if the baby also changes?

Or he/she inherits the traits that we're wearing when you accept to have a baby?

I change my hair colour and the hair of the baby don't change.
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    You just tap the name of the baby and you can change the name to a boys name, the closet has both girls and boys outfits and hair to choose from
    But how does the game distinguish between boy and girl names? Vino is a girl's name, Robin can be either, Diya and Falah are names for boys, etc. Are the names for boys and girls pre-selected on the menu?
    When you have the baby with you partner you have both closets.
    Look at the post above where I showed all the boys clothes and tell me if you have all of that. You don't get to change the gender of ur child (girls have eyeliner and boys don't) but a lot of clothes are unisex and can be worn by both.
    I change my hair colour and the hair of the baby don't change.

But is he / she has the same hair / eye colors that you had when you have accepted it?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    RubyD wrote: »
    But how does the game distinguish between boy and girl names? Vino is a girl's name, Robin can be either, Diya and Falah are names for boys, etc. Are the names for boys and girls pre-selected on the menu?

Not sure but that is the only option that has given me thus far so I presumed that was how you changed it
    Look at the post above where I showed all the boys clothes and tell me if you have all of that. You don't get to change the gender of ur child (girls have eyeliner and boys don't) but a lot of clothes are unisex and can be worn by both.

I have my baby with my partner and I have all the clothes and hairstyles you post + all the clothes for the girls and hairstyles.
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    took the plunge with Jedi since his game is already jacked up. had to sport the matching mop.

image.jpg1_9.jpg
    no i don't have any chill
    I have my baby with my partner and I have all the clothes and hairstyles you post + all the clothes for the girls and hairstyles.
    I don't know then but I don't know why someone who got the baby for free would get more clothing options than someone who paid 160 stars for it.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Unrelated to babies (sorry!) I'm annoyed that the stupid crowdfunding gig is still showing up for me when I've already completed it. I guess I'm going to have to send a ticket or something, I thought the update would fix it. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Alkoholiks your baby is so frickin' cuuuute (and so are you!)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    anyone else having trouble with gamecenter. it keeps telling me to sign in but i'm already signed in!
    I don't know then but I don't know why someone who got the baby for free would get more clothing options than someone who paid 160 stars for it.

I think it's because you can chose the aspect of your baby. I know is stupid but well that's the supossed "Big 3.0.0 update".
  • ponylatteponylatte Registered Users 170 Posts
    i had the gc problem once and after that i clicked on gc itself and i was logged out for some reason, then i when to put in my passowrd and typed only one letter before i was signed back in!!
    Call me Pony ^_^
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    OK, my ovaries are officially doing cartwheels. This is the cutest thing ever!

Alkoholiks wrote: »
    took the plunge with Jedi since his game is already jacked up. had to sport the matching mop.

image.jpg1_9.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • ponylatteponylatte Registered Users 170 Posts
    i dont think there will be a baby event.. maybe a normal quest like when you first get married, people call you up to help u with the preparations. cause not everybody has a baby/can get one now. depends on where u r with the game i guess.
    Call me Pony ^_^
    lol thanks DMV!
    Oh man, I forgot to congratulate all new dads and moms. Congratulations guys!

I'm trying to understand how it all works before taking any decision. My bad!

Have you adopted or conceived Alkoholiks?

Eselle the only issue I had was when the Kim's video appeared my game crashed!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    @EternalLove: Thanks. I need to play the game. As soon as I saw the download and announcement from Kim in game, I shut it down to come to the Forum for info, lol. I figured you guys would prevent me from making any "wrong moves" that might cost me unnecessary expenditures of K-Stars.
  • ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    after the update, the 'pose for group pictures' action when you bring a friend to gigs now recharges after an hour. it used to be 50 mins -_-
  • LizDLizD Registered Users 17 Posts
    image.jpg1_zpsf3wd1mzi.jpg
    Her name is Nina and she was conceived, all of your pictures are soooooo cute so I decided to share mine with you