Options

Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Ah, I'm a little behind, and yes, that could mean I a little A$$, I have been called stubborn as a mule, but, the week has absolutely gotten away from me, and So here starts our Bare Bones Event thread. When it all gets sorted out, I'll come back with banners and videos and nice things to say about our host this weekend.

But in the meantime....this post is what all our posts looked like before Images came into our lives. I remember coming her and reading and posting, and when I saw an opening, (not knowing how they felt about graphics and stuff) I timidly put up a small appropriate image. and watched. Hmmmm, no complaints. Another image sprang up. And before we knew it, the place became full of imagery, music, fantasy and more.

So, until I get us organized, enjoy the thread. Post, have fun, and tomorrow, well before the Teaser that never comes anymore...(Darn it, another for the WTHWYThinkin'? thread of the future) before that, we'll have everything here that we need.

Just coz we're not set up doesn't mean you should show up empty handed. Place could use a paint of coat, heck, it could use a potted plant or something.

See ya tomorrow. ;) Oh, and the 5 Months to Christmas was just an observation not necessarily the theme or finished title. (Can't wait to see what happens here over night. lol)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456719

Comments

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I cannot wait for this weekend event! I wonder if it'll Involve Jonathan. I'll try my best to post some pics, was going to post a gif but I don't know how..
    ok8jp.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker
    OMG IT WORKED YAAAAAY Anyway this is meh doll getting her groove on!
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    My birthday is on the 24th, so Glu better have some presents for moi to win. I hope it's not a VIP event because then I'll cry internally.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    Oooh! I want to try!
    ok9za.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker

I have a strange feeling that this event will be VIP related, if not that party for sure. I'm really not interested in Jonathan at all. Though it's highly likely it will be his event. It could the next couple of weekends could be his, however since it's the beginning of a fresh update I think it will be Jonathan.
  • Options
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Oooh! I want to try!
    ok9za.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker
    Ooh, get it girl! Lol, anyway I agree with it having Jonathan involved. Also what happens on a VIP event? I haven't done one before
  • Options
    VIP events are for people to spend K-Stars in exchange for items.
    For example, the black Chanel quilted bag was part of a VIP event. I think you needed to spend 25 K-Stars to get it.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    VIP events are for people to spend K-Stars in exchange for items.
    For example, the black Chanel quilted bag was part of a VIP event. I think you needed to spend 25 K-Stars to get it.
    Oh okay thanks and yeah that would suck... I'm saving up my k stars.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    While I'm impressed you ladies figured out how to create a gif, y'all look like you're beating the stuffing out of yourself. Ouch!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    While I'm impressed you ladies figured out how to create a gif, yall look like you're beating the **** out of yourself. Ouch!
    Lol! Dang it maybe I should have made it slower XD. O.O I just watch 33videos for k-stars yay me!
  • Options
    Lol, I wanted to be fast to smooth out the animation, though I might have made it a bit too fast. I've been grinding all day with kstar videos.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Lol, I wanted to be fast to smooth out the animation, though I might have made it a bit too fast. I've been grinding all day with kstar videos.

I don't have any free opportunities to earn k stars. There were videos when I first joined but , after I bought a bundle of K stars, I never had another free opportunity. :-(

I edited my gif post because apparently c r a p is a bad word according to Glu. I Changed **** to stuffing. LOL
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I don't have any free opportunities to earn k stars. There were videos when I first joined but , after I bought a bundle of K stars, I never had another free opportunity. :-(

I edited my gif post because apparently c r a p is a bad word according to Glu. I Changed **** to stuffing. LOL
    Lol! I'm saying it out loud 2:10am in the morning over here in the morning and I can't help but laugh. :D
  • Options
    Oh okay thanks and yeah that would suck... I'm saving up my k stars.

I really have the feeling it'll be a K-Star event. I hope not because I am saving up too.
  • Options

I remember deleting an old save game to start off with a new one. It had the option to get free kstars at the beginning, but the game doesn't. Weird.
  • Options
    Good Night to all, these k-stars videos are making me get fatigued. See ya in the mornin'
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I can watch videos for K-stars, but only ever five or six at a time. After that it says there aren't any videos available.

I really hope Glu makes the parties go back to like they were before they made it harder.... the last party event was absolute hell. Literally impossible to complete without paying for energy or earning a load of bonus stars from the gift boxes. You should be able to complete a 3 hour party with full energy.
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I want more hair, more new eyes, and lips, makeup, ect. ! that's all I care about. I could care less about E list celebs & their franchise fees that we end up paying for through event gift boxes that cost a gazillion Kstars to open. I hope it's Kourtney's turn this event. I'm seriously tired of the influx of E list celebs in the game. Give us new weaves, shoes, makeup, and clothes or leave.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    I cannot wait for this weekend event! I wonder if it'll Involve Jonathan. I'll try my best to post some pics, was going to post a gif but I don't know how..
    ok8jp.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker
    OMG IT WORKED YAAAAAY Anyway this is meh doll getting her groove on!

Danielle, if you made your doll dance, there is a post you need to see. Hang on I'll grab it.
    Well, we started it last week, and here it is, another "Weekend hurry up day" and it's done. Settle in turn up your speakers and enjoy the show.

You would have made a wonderful dancer. Maybe we'll do another when I have absolutely nothing to do. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Lol! Dang it maybe I should have made it slower XD. O.O I just watch 33videos for k-stars yay me!

You watched 33 videos in a row for K-stars? On an iPad? Jealous. I get 6 per day on my iPhone and 1 or 2 videos (if I'm lucky) + 2 or 3 click through to K-mart or Sears websites for stars on my Kindle.

I hope this weekend is not a spend-your-kstars event. Trying to get the hair and dress gift boxes last weekend depleted me... (and I didn't get those items either!). Crying here.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I can watch videos for K-stars, but only ever five or six at a time. After that it says there aren't any videos available.

I can usually watch 5 or 6 videos a day under video offers but have you clicked on "other offers"? There are usually videos to watch for 1 kstar there too. I was able to watch 20 videos yesterday under that.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I always can't believe how fast time flies, its another weekend event. I thought it was just yesterday I was grumbling about not getting the hair from the gift box.
    PM to add
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I reinstalled my game because I missed playing. I was wondering what's in my daily gift box and then was like oh yeah I don't have the game anymore :D I guess I've got really used to playing it. I think I'll still play it for now but just lower my expectations - it's a game set up to maximise income from players and it is what it is.

Anyway not to be negative happy weekend guys :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Kmbaby3 wrote: »

I can usually watch 5 or 6 videos a day under video offers but have you clicked on "other offers"? There are usually videos to watch for 1 kstar there too. I was able to watch 20 videos yesterday under that.

You may have just changed my life.. at least on my iPhone. Thank you so much!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Danielle, if you made your doll dance, there is a post you need to see. Hang on I'll grab it.

You would have made a wonderful dancer. Maybe we'll do another when I have absolutely nothing to do. lol.
    Yessss! Count me in Koko!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I reinstalled my game because I missed playing. I was wondering what's in my daily gift box and then was like oh yeah I don't have the game anymore :D I guess I've got really used to playing it. I think I'll still play it for now but just lower my expectations - it's a game set up to maximise income from players and it is what it is.

Anyway not to be negative happy weekend guys :)

I'll pretend you never left, so don't leave again ok Lucy! (I bet you actually missed us and not the game :p) We'll all have fun this weekend, if it isn't the game that's fun, it'll be fun here for sure :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    Ok, who's ready for the Header and Hostess? Should I put it here, or in the first post? Ladies? Gentlemen? Your opinions? What? You want it here? Right Here Right Now? ok.
    So Happy Birthday Nebula! Please be our Birthday Hostess? Let's throw a great weekend party, Happy Birthday Nebula Party, and a good old fashioned Blow Out.

Happy Birthday Nebula Macaron!

If you need any help just holler, I think Noona's Out of the Box™ Catering at it's finest is closed this weekend.
    But we'll bring in some, won't be as classy as Noona's, but....What are your favorite Drinks and Food? The bar will open soon...
    in the meantime...
    PartyPartyPartyParty
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Woohoo! Go Nebula!
  • Options
    You watched 33 videos in a row for K-stars? On an iPad? Jealous. I get 6 per day on my iPhone and 1 or 2 videos (if I'm lucky) + 2 or 3 click through to K-mart or Sears websites for stars on my Kindle.

I hope this weekend is not a spend-your-kstars event. Trying to get the hair and dress gift boxes last weekend depleted me... (and I didn't get those items either!). Crying here.
    I'm not sure it's because of this but I tapped on something expensive in the wardrobe. Like the 120kstar wedding dress but of course I didn't have enough so from that point I just kept on clicking free stars over and over again, it stopped once, but then I clicked it again and it continued working.
    Edit: But it'a not working for me currently but oh well...
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I'll pretend you never left, so don't leave again ok Lucy! (I bet you actually missed us and not the game :p) We'll all have fun this weekend, if it isn't the game that's fun, it'll be fun here for sure :)

:D Thanks Nai

Happy Birthday Nebula! xo

image_zpssd2wrvp3.jpg
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I miss the teasers. So much.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Happy Birthday Nebula!!!

graphics-happy-birthday-207001_zpszbr1ymc2.gif
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉