Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
11/29/15- This info is updated, it is now POSSIBLE to transfer your game. Please read all the way through to the actual instruction, and personal experiences before you attempt this.

Regarding the questions about reinstalling and transferring games.

I grabbed these answers from the KK:Hollywood game FAQs. https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/

Regarding transfer -
https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=i-changed-devices-can-i-transfer-my-old-game-to-my-new-device

I changed devices. Can I transfer my old game to my new device?

The savegame for this title is saved on the device only; there are no server-side saves for the game, so it cannot be played on more than one device, or be transferred from one device to another. One needs to either continue play on the device to which the game was installed, or start anew on one's new device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regarding uninstall and reinstall of game: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=if-i-uninstall-will-i-lose-my-progress-1438382734
If I uninstall, will I lose my progress?

This game saves only to the local device, therefore uninstalling will delete your progress. Please do not try troubleshooting by re-installing, as there is no means of recovering the data if it has been erased.

Hope this clears up any old info that is no longer valid. If anything changes, the news will be widespread, and you'll hear about it here.

I closed the old "best way to save" thread, because it's obsolete, and putting this in it's place.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
๐Ÿ’œVats
๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456710

Comments

• zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    So does that mean it no longer backs up to iCloud?

Wow, good going Glu...
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Before we blame Glu, tbh I remember people saying it couldn't transfer and that was right after updates to the iOS and Android systems. I remember it because right after iOS, my android phone updated and it totally changed how my phone operated. Changed buttons on the darn phone, changed the skin, So Glu publicizing the fact that it can't save doesn't mean they caused it. Just my opinion.

It was an iOS update that stopped ifunbox from working, and that's how Apple games were saving and storing.
    Samsung also told me (I was complaining about the phone change) that the only thing the server saved now was music and pictures. I chalked it up to her being an idiot. I might have told her she was an idiot. I only remember I was mad about my bottom left button.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    I'm not sure about this one but I'll try to get more information .. Let's say u just bought new Android phone (just for android devices) and u have been playing KKH for years and u'll loose all ur game data ..
    Okay i know how "hackers" work and make mods which sometimes is really useful (i'm not talking about the cheat) .. They use "apk" (like Google play but with different signature) to install ur game and u dont have to install ur game through Google play and when the update release u need to search for a new "apk" file with the new version of the game to update and u never loose ur data just like when u update through Google play .. (this is just for example)
    But if this "hacker" take ur old phone and turn ur game (KKH) into "apk" and send u this apk to ur mail .. U will be able to install this "apk" to ur new phone and u'll have ur game data transferred ..
    If u didn't understand me I'll try to describe it in other way ..
    You should submit that to customer care and ask them. You dont want to find yourself shut out of events or worse because of any change in the structure. This is totally off the top of my head. and the last thing i want to do is give bad advice. if. You come back and share what they tell you, i have to be honest, i'm windering if when i get a new phone in a couple if months, my current phone can be used as a wireless device with no phone or messaging. (Tbh, i dont understand about "apk" so you're better equipped to ask about it. ). Now excuse me, i hear spam calling my name. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    apk's don't normally include individual user files.

as for the thread it is VERY misleading. to simply state that you can't transfer from one device to another is false. cloud saving is available and reliable if it is managed properly. obviously it's not something Glu wishes to support or troubleshoot but let's not pretend it doesn't exist.
    no i don't have any chill
    oh, ok, You know me. I am a sponge when it comes to trying to understand things. You have a special knack in dumbing it down for me. Could you try it again? TBH, so many people were saying it wasn't working for them, I thought Glu must be right. and as I said I was already freaking about what to do when it's time for a new phone. I simply pulled the info from the site, and wanted to be factual without inciting mass hysteria. I didn't mean to be misleading.
    But, I'm all ears.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    If someone using iOS continues to do routine iCloud backups, and to make sure that they haven't run out of space to save all of KKH, it will still work properly to set up a new device with that iCloud backup, including their KKH game.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Oh ok, I see. But to anyone with a tendency to hit wrong keys and things, well, it's a case of "Kids don't try this at home?" So the idiot with matches doesn't burn the house down because he couldn't see the screen well enough.

Truffle mentioned Android, but Samsung told me the file only saves on the device after they messed with the OS. Would that work for them as well?

And, before reading your succinct explanation, it occured to me that while in some cases it is possible, Glu meant it as a cautionary disclaimer to not expext it. Kind of like the Sweet talk from a spouse. Sometimes you get it, other games just don't. I get that. Hmmm?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'd think that the other operating systems would also have some kind of option to employ a virtual cloud backup, since some company would benefit from giving you a bit of free storage space and then charging you monthly for more space! Where there's a niche, there's a business! But I don't know the names of the respective cloud storage systems as I'm only iOS myself.

And since the iFunBox option died along with Apple's iOS update, it would make sense for Glu to want the description of it to disappear from this forum.

And since so many people have been confounded by using the iCloud to transfer their game, it makes sense that people who aren't super-comfortable with computers avoid the issue, or go to a Geeks desk somewhere to get some cloud training!

I'd think that the other operating systems would also have some kind of option to employ a virtual cloud backup, since some company would benefit from giving you a bit of free storage space and then charging you monthly for more space! Where there's a niche, there's a business! But I don't know the names of the respective cloud storage systems as I'm only iOS myself.

And since the iFunBox option died along with Apple's iOS update, it would make sense for Glu to want the description of it to disappear from this forum.

And since so many people have been confounded by using the iCloud to transfer their game, it makes sense that people who aren't super-comfortable with computers avoid the issue, or go to a Geeks desk somewhere to get some cloud training![/QUOTI wanted to know where their genius bar was. But I totally suggested some apple user go to the Apple Store, device in hand and see if they could get them to do it.

Alas, Samsung told me basically that the data wouldn't save, and they suggested that my game moved because it was before the Android update I was Complaining with a B about.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hmm. It's crazy to think of the other devices being unsupported by any system that can back them up for a price! Well, if other devices can't be protected that way, at least I finally have a reason to despise Apple's informational tyranny a little less. <Apple the tech company, not AppleP the harsh mistress. Her tyranny is appreciated by a certain someone.>

Um, now you know why the boots are so important. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    New boots, you say?

This weekend is looking up.
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    This is so sad to read!

I need technical assistance, my game is saved in the internal storage of my device and I'm running out of space, I need a memory card, but I'm afraid to install and lose my progress.

Is it safe to transfer my game to the card?

Can the next update be saved on the card rather than on the internal storage?
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
    I know Vats, I'm the same with my phone game. I think we're kicking around the possibility that Glu might not want us to depend on the ability, 2 months ago I talked someone through a transfer to a new device. It worked she was happy I was happy. THen the same advice a week or so later wasn't working for people.

I guess we'll be hearing from people who were or weren't successful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'll hold before do anything, because I need to prepare myself *sigh*

I won't start again, I just can't...
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    I used to transfer my game data with Es File Explorer *on android devices* and RAR but the truth is that Glu wants to make transfering impossible in order to start a new game and purchase more real money ..
    I don't know if that's the case Truffle.

I saw people restoring their purchases like 10 times! Even those who uninstalled the game.
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • YoventuraYoventura Registered Users 2 Posts
    Sucks being on Android.. And now I can't move my game on a new and faster phone.. Now I'm just gonna be on a sucky phone that is too slow.. :(
    And someone wrote a few posts up that it's still possible. At this point, i honestly don't know what to tell you. I think it's pretty clear that Glu is letting us know they don't encourage players to rely on it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But in one of the first posts in the KK:Hollywood FAQs https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ says not to uninstall, reinstall when there is a problem.

With so many people sayiing suddenly they can't recover their games, I think the best we can say is you may get it back from your back up server, you may not. ( I'm going to see if my phone can just be used like my wifi devices. No phone, but maybe I can still pull the data. I am looking to change phones in a couple of months so we're in the same boat.) How imminent is your new phone purchase? I'm hoping this gets addressed/answered. Stay tuned. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • YoventuraYoventura Registered Users 2 Posts
    And someone wrote a few posts up that it's still possible. At this point, i honestly don't know what to tell you. I think it's pretty clear that Glu is letting us know they don't encourage players to rely on it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But in one of the first posts in the KK:Hollywood FAQs https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ says not to uninstall, reinstall when there is a problem.

With so many people sayiing suddenly they can't recover their games, I think the best we can say is you may get it back from your back up server, you may not. ( I'm going to see if my phone can just be used like my wifi devices. No phone, but maybe I can still pull the data. I am looking to change phones in a couple of months so we're in the same boat.) How imminent is your new phone purchase? I'm hoping this gets addressed/answered. Stay tuned. :)

Okay, thanks for the update, I hope you can find a way.
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    I mentioned in the other thread options for android users. I don't see why google cloud should be any different then icloud.

From a tech standpoint this is an extreamly LAZY. The fact is you can transfer saves. smh
    no i don't have any chill
    Alk, I can only go by what I found in Faqs. And not everyone is as comfortable from a tech standpoint as you are. If your purpose here is to post your disagreement everytime I try to help, then why not post your suggestion to the person trying to transfer/uninstall or reinstall their game. I'll say again, I helped someone transfer an android game, then the July 1st update came out, and the same instructions did not work for someone else.

It's a krapshoot. Try it if you feel comfortable with the possibilty of losing your game. Of course, if you have no choice, read everything you can a hundred times till you know it in your head. Make yourself a little note of what your steps are, and then give it your best shot. But understand you may not get your game back, and Glu is warning everyone that it's not advised.

And I'm serious Alkoholiks, it would be much more productive to repost your instructions, or put together instructions, and post them when someone asks, and I've responded with the info I glean from GLu. This way they get both opinions, and can make their own choice. In fact, after you explained iOS a while ago, I went through step by step and translated it into Android speak. I'd do that again if you'd like. Deal?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • 1rkhachatryan1rkhachatryan Registered Users 133 Posts
    Hmm....I'm not sure about the uninstalling deletes your game thing. Awhile back I played this game, got to number 1 and then got bored and uninstalled it. A couple of months ago I installed it again and it brought me right back to where I was just with a lot less fans. I had to manually say I wanted to start a new game. I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5 right now.

I think, and I could be wrong. That if you log into the games with your google play account, it saves all your progress through that. For instance when you first install a game and log into it for the first time, it gives you the option to log into it with Google Play and then you see like a picture of you with a level and a exp bar which fills up whenever you have any achievements in game.

Anyways, this was just my case so I could be completely off but if someone with a new game wants to try, it could be a good experiment.
    Hey guys, you can call me Robert. I know how weird my username looks lol.
  • KelbornXKelbornX Registered Users 5 Posts
    Was just forced to upgrade my phone for work, and I am beyond ****ed that this game won't transfer data. What exactly broke with it? All of my other Android games transferred their data fine. Is it an issue with an Android update or an update to KKH? I haven't started up the app yet... just in case this gets fixed. Which since it's apparently been over a month already with no info from GLU... :mad:
    I mentioned in the other thread options for android users. I don't see why google cloud should be any different then icloud.

From a tech standpoint this is an extreamly LAZY. The fact is you can transfer saves. smh

What options for Android users? If you're talking about this thread, I don't see anything from you since this transfer issue seems to have started (early July).
  • IvyBIvyB Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hmm....I'm not sure about the uninstalling deletes your game thing. Awhile back I played this game, got to number 1 and then got bored and uninstalled it. A couple of months ago I installed it again and it brought me right back to where I was just with a lot less fans. I had to manually say I wanted to start a new game. I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5 right now.

I think, and I could be wrong. That if you log into the games with your google play account, it saves all your progress through that. For instance when you first install a game and log into it for the first time, it gives you the option to log into it with Google Play and then you see like a picture of you with a level and a exp bar which fills up whenever you have any achievements in game.

Anyways, this was just my case so I could be completely off but if someone with a new game wants to try, it could be a good experiment.

I'm not sure if this still works this way, but several times I've logged onto different android devices (that have never had any connection to each other, no swapping memory cards or downloading anything from a cloud service) with my google play ID, and loaded up the game to find my character just as she would be on my main device. (This only seems to work if there are no other google play IDs/KKH saves on the device, if someone else's game or google play ID is on there it doesn't work the same. Or maybe it can work and I just haven't figured out how yet. I've never bothered with it much). I've never actually played anything after checking to see if it worked, but when I get back on my main device it asks me which save I want to use and shows me how much money/energy each save has, so I know that loading it up just to see if it works doesn't break the game or anything like that. Or at least, it shouldn't.

I'm not sure if it still works like this, but maybe someone who doesn't have the game installed on an android device can try installing and logging in and seeing if their game comes up. It can't hurt to try.

ps this is my first post here, I've been waiting until I had something worthwhile to say and I think this might be. :)
    :)
    Please sign the petition to remove the $4000 KCash prize from the 40 KStar Event Gift Boxes HERE
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Glu customer care said it was the decision of Google to remove the cloud feature in April 2015. This is the reason why I never received a pop-up to choose from Device A or B and I lost my entire progress.

I guess Koko is right. The cloud is still there, but only for pictures and music.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I so wish I was wrong. And that OS update came right after the iOS update that did the same thing to Apple players. Why do companies do a good thing, and then orchestrate the good out of it?

Edited to Add: Hi and Welcome IvyB. You needn't wait for an opportunity. Jump over to General Discussion and pop in the lounge of despair (hookah lounge for complaints) or Apropos of Nuthin, a number of threads with no topic. Oh, and today Vat's has started a Dress like a VIP game thread. Anyway, very nice to meet you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Noooo, omg wait, what? Android games cannot be transferred over? Hell no, I'm getting a new phone soon!
    PM to add
    Ok, so am I. Now, depending on your phone, if you don't have to turn it in, you can keep it as simply another small wifi tab. You'll keep all your stuff except phone related. I'll prob 'try' to make the move with the game, but if not, I'm keeping my game on the Samsung as a wifi device. So, deep breaths, how soon are you doing this? My switch is 6 months away. lol, but I'm thinking ahead.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary