Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

14567810Next

Comments

• DiamondaydreamerDiamondaydreamer Registered Users 6 Posts
    Thanks for all your help Koko! I tried to do the setup and got the dreaded kustomize screen : ( I tried to close and start again but it just kept coming back with the kustomize. I submitted a inquiry to glu but I don't think they can really do anything much to help. Without having my old device to work off of ( and who knows the manufacturer probably wiped the old phone while trying to fix it) it doesn't seem to want to work. My game had been deleted by accident once before in the past so I have already felt the pain of starting over. I don't know if I can start from the bottom a third time. My doll had gained so much: more than a few houses, almost every car, a loving husband and two kids. I love the game but I'm not sure I can start again.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    oh, and I read somewhere that in K&K if you change a facial feature it will trigger a save to the cloud . Good luck.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CclsCcls Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello, I've been playing for about two year and everything was running smoothly until 6.0 dropped, and since then I haven't been able to play. Every time I try to open the app, a gray screen with the words "Starting..." pops up and it gets stuck there. So now, I have no idea what I should do. As far as I know I shouldn't uninstall the app, but it seems unlikely the problem will be solved by itself. Any idea on what should I do?

I'm running a Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1.

Cheers
    Hi sorry you're having this issue. Your best bet is to contact customer care. If you can't enter your game, you can't submit it through the game, so you would need to submit a ticket using the Contact Us botton here. If you know your hollywood game number please include it in your ticket. Good luck, and I hope your issue is resoved shortly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • sadnertsadnert Registered Users 24 Posts
    Unfortunately, the methods do not work as described above. Again starting from scratch I can not. Very disappointing.
    I'm ver sorry sadnert. The instructions do work, I think the difference is without having the game on the old device, you basically get one chance to get it done. I've done way to many transfers than I'd like to count, but every time there is a knot in my stomach and I feel physically sick over it. And that's with a back up. However, the basic instructions have never changed, only a few details (connecting with FB rather than Google+ for androids etc) but the basic steps have been the same from my first forced transfer in Sept 2014, thorough my recent Samsung replacement device due to poor charging. iOS/Android then through now. The instructions very much do work, at least for iOS and Samsung. Oh, Polaroid transfers too, so both ends of the spectrum.

I looked at your other posts, you didnt post anything about having to transfer or what the circumstances were. If you've restarted and you find you have to transfer again, please consider posting first, just so we can try and talk you through it. It's always better when you're not out there by yourself. If you still have your old device, and want to try and reclaim that game, we could try and help. I'm sorry you lost your game. If you tell me the details, and still have the old device maybe we can try again?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • sadnertsadnert Registered Users 24 Posts
    This is not the old device. I wound up not killed virus and had to do a hard reset. So that the same device. It Xperia z2. Alas, from the following points of guidance from your links, I came back only to start the game, and I'm not ready to start it again.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm very disappointed in how unstable this game app is :(/:mad:. My poor device has very little storage space. I took a risk and installed my micros SD Memory card since yesterday and moved KKH and Kendall & Kylie game to get more internal storage space. When I rebooted my device, KKH icon disappeared from my home screen. I was so scared and thought to myself that my game was deleted for good. I'd figured out when I moved the app, my device uninstalled the game. I decided to download the game again and I'm silently & hoping praying for a miracle. The good news is that even though I've never created a Facebook account for my new game, it remembered my old saved game from level 21 on my gamer ID. The bad news is when I've checked my old screen shots to refresh my memory and my current game was on level 30. So mostly my new doll's event clothing are barely saved inside of her closet. She only has a few specialty wardrobe pieces inside of her dressing room. If my game had taken me back to level 1, I'd probably quit for good or maybe I would've created a male doll:rolleyes:. But I don't think that I'll give up though since this game has weekly throwback events & throwback sales. I'm just so saddened that my new doll won't get most of her old clothing back😭.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Oh Carol Welcome back. I invite you to every reality show, and I'm so happy to see you here. I'm sorry you lost some levels, but worse is the clothes. The game has been more reliable for saves of late. I remember we were just setting up fb accounts for the dolls, you FBd one, but not the other. I can't wait to talk to you in General Discussion. Welcome Welcome Welcome Back Doll.
    GlitterPon.gif
    These don't belong here, but on your return.....it's gotta be the Glitter Ponies.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks Koko for welcoming me back! It sucks that my device founded my old saved data but I'm gonna have to slowly rebuild my my doll's wardrobe back. (Sigh)
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Carol is back!! YAY! I see you every day in my game and I was hoping you would return!
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    So I had a pretty awful day. My phone screen froze and then decided not to turn on anymore. I had to order a new phone and what I'm most concerned about is my game progress. What is the success rate for an Android? I was logged into the Game Center so it should've saved but I'm SO worried that I will have to start over. I don't think I have the strength to :(
    I'm so sorry this happened. If you're Android, you mean you were saving to the google servers. Game Center was for iOS, and was discontinued with iOS 10. So, if you've been saving you have a good chance. The thing is to read, and understand you'll experience a panic if the screen comes up to start a new game. When that happens I usually tap the help button or anything to 'jostle' a pop up asking if you want to load from the cloud. Read, it should tell you what level the cloud save is, and if it is, then select it. Read here, and follow the instructions. Fingers crossed for you. Transferring has become a lot more reliable, but you just have to hope all your conditions are right. You obviously couldnt get the old device ready for transfer, but, if the save is there, and you follow the instructions for the new device, I think you have a good chance. Just read before you select any saves. You want to make sure it's how it was when you left the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    I'm so sorry this happened. If you're Android, you mean you were saving to the google servers. Game Center was for iOS, and was discontinued with iOS 10. So, if you've been saving you have a good chance. The thing is to read, and understand you'll experience a panic if the screen comes up to start a new game. When that happens I usually tap the help button or anything to 'jostle' a pop up asking if you want to load from the cloud. Read, it should tell you what level the cloud save is, and if it is, then select it. Read here, and follow the instructions. Fingers crossed for you. Transferring has become a lot more reliable, but you just have to hope all your conditions are right. You obviously couldnt get the old device ready for transfer, but, if the save is there, and you follow the instructions for the new device, I think you have a good chance. Just read before you select any saves. You want to make sure it's how it was when you left the game.

Thanks Koko, this is giving me anxiety!!! My new phone won't come until Wednesday and the only thing I'm really, really upset about is all the work I put into this game might be gone :(

What happens if the save comes up with the wrong level?
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    I am just curious regarding IOS to IOS transfers. I want to transfer my Kim K game from iPod to iPhone but I am curious would I have to backup my entire iPod to iCloud in order for the Kim K file to appear?
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
    If you are doing an iTunes reinstall I think yes, you can no longer pick and choose. But if you only download the kk:h game. That is all that would carry over. You should follow the instructions found in FAQs. Hope this helps a little, good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you Koko I will try and gave an update if it works.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
    read it until you're comfortable with it, and be sure and back up first. Consider itunes as well as the cloud. And....copy your old ID number right now, and when you get the game transfered, copy THAT ID number. Put the number in a safe place, email it to yourself, whatever you need, and not just in the device you game is in. :) Fingers crossed and doing a little "Transfer that game" dance. ;)

DancingPickles.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Will do! I've been trying to get back into Kim K for a while now and I figured it would be better to put it on my phone. :) Apple support told me the only way I could do it through ITunes would be to backup my IPod and restore a backup from my IPod to my Iphone if that makes any sense. :p
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
    I'm very disappointed in how unstable this game app is :(/:mad:. My poor device has very little storage space. I took a risk and installed my micros SD Memory card since yesterday and moved KKH and Kendall & Kylie game to get more internal storage space. When I rebooted my device, KKH icon disappeared from my home screen. I was so scared and thought to myself that my game was deleted for good. I'd figured out when I moved the app, my device uninstalled the game. I decided to download the game again and I'm silently & hoping praying for a miracle. The good news is that even though I've never created a Facebook account for my new game, it remembered my old saved game from level 21 on my gamer ID. The bad news is when I've checked my old screen shots to refresh my memory and my current game was on level 30. So mostly my new doll's event clothing are barely saved inside of her closet. She only has a few specialty wardrobe pieces inside of her dressing room. If my game had taken me back to level 1, I'd probably quit for good or maybe I would've created a male doll:rolleyes:. But I don't think that I'll give up though since this game has weekly throwback events & throwback sales. I'm just so saddened that my new doll won't get most of her old clothing back��.

OK so it's kinda strange why am I reposting myself for right?
    10wqpky.png

This info from glu is filled with so much bogus because I was able to move this game to my micro SD Memory card, but unfortunately my device deleted the app and then Google servers founded my old saved game and couldn't find my current old game. Oh well it's probably better than being taken back to the customization screen -_-.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Okay for some reason the Kim K game isn't showing up under documents and data. I've been playing the game for more than 10 minutes.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
    Hi. I don't know what you mean it isn't showing up under documents or data. To backup/restore from itunes, you open itunes, connect your device and gives you the choice to backup or restore from an existing save. you go to itunes on your desktop, connect your device and then manuever there from Account.

Is youor ipad set up with the same account info as your phone? I've only played on iPad, I don't know how the ipod backs up to the cloud, but if you're still having trouble, you can contact apple support again. I like to use the instant chat there, when they give me instructions, I can go back over and re-read to make sure I'm doing it right, and oftern they'll stay online with you if you ask to make sure your task gets done. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Koko,

Just an update: I got the pop-up to restore from ICloud but it backing up an empty game. So I am trying to play the game for a bit and see if that works. :)
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖