Weekend Event - 8/28/15 - Star Studded Summer Soiree~ Everybody is a Star

Comments

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I'm a fan of high waist shorts tooooo!! I think they make our legs extra longer than usual, in real life.

This time I'm hoping it's a VIP too, because I'm a miser and I held off spending any KStars for weeks and I really can't wait any longer.

Ben, they start at GMT+8 5pm for me.
    I'm not sure how I missed this post earlier, but yeah. I'm not a fan of the earner outfit so I think I'll wait for the next one.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I decided I couldn't let the weekend event end and only get 1 of the 7 exclusive items. (The earnable shoes) .... So I decided to open just one more giftbox and I got the yellow pants!
    image_zps69hktxzv.jpg

They're not something I could really ever see myself wearing but they're so different from anything else in the wardrobe so I just had to have them.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I like them Vats. really looks good on you. ;)

ETA: ooops sorry trev. my fingers are playing games with me. ever since I changed the ps on the itunes account to Keep AppleP out of it. Why else do you think she hasn't been parading herself around in her weekend stuff? lol.

Anyway, meant Trevor, types Vats. TY Luz.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I had bought myself the 19.99 k-star pack for the event, I spent it all on the gift boxes and every single one of them was a joke. I honestly wished I had screenshoted them to show you guys but I didn't because I was very mad. NOT ONE special item did I win from the event. It was all energy and cash! W T F! I won the the shoes through spending the k-stars but I'm done. I'm not even going to bother and get the rest. What a big blow. I wished I had bought myself something at least to make it up just in case I didn't win anything. But I usually win one or two items (sometimes all in one bat) but my luck has been suckish had I known ... sometimes you click on those "open another box" for way too long and don't realize until you got no k-stars left.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    So sorry Nat! That really s u c k s! I hate spending purchased kstars then getting nothing.

How about some surf and turf to cheer you up?

shutterstock_104391632.jpg

I also prepared a vegan dish just in case you're not a meat eater. ;)

terreaterre.jpeg?w=600&h=338
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Also, here's the dress I won from the VIP gift box.

AUTJMgh.jpg

It's pretty but a little disappointed I didn't get the event dress. It looks so great on you guys! Oh well. I don't think I'll buy any additional gift boxes. I did get the shoes from buying some pets.

Jesse is also really into his new man bun! He also won this "wonderful" plaid regular gift box shirt. Yay?

MePM1uJ.jpg

In love with the VIP shoes for the guys, though!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Beyoncé33 wrote: »
    How K-stars should we spend to get the legging in the VIP event ?

300 K-stars and (I read) 500 for the top.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Here's why those dang $4,000 Kash boxes backfire on Glu. We are all opening less boxes because we don't want to get burned by the $4,000 Kash box. I don't love the special event gift box purse and sunglasses but I really do like adding to my wardrobe. In the past, I've been spending the K stars to get all the event boxes even when I didn't love the item. Not any more. I would IF the contents were worth at least 40 k stars. All of us would be more inclined to open those boxes if the contents justified the cost.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Checking in to complain about these 6 hour weekend quests.......they take more energy bolts than a regular 8 hour gig! Arghh!@$%
    iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm happy that I earned the shoes but I hate the fact that I won that hideous hairstyle inside of weekend event gift box. I'm not going to use it on my doll.
    Uggghhh❗❗❗😐
    I'm not sure if it's worth 40 k-stars to open up a gift box. I really wanted the dress.😟
    Screenshot_2015_08_29_03_02_31_1.png

Screenshot_2015_08_29_03_03_36_1.png

image hosting services
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Here's why those dang $4,000 Kash boxes backfire on Glu. We are all opening less boxes because we don't want to get burned by the $4,000 Kash box. I don't love the special event gift box purse and sunglasses but I really do like adding to my wardrobe. In the past, I've been spending the K stars to get all the event boxes even when I didn't love the item. Not any more. I would IF the contents were worth at least 40 k stars. All of us would be more inclined to open those boxes if the contents justified the cost.

I know!! I have been very tempted. Not because I wanted any of the items particularly, just to get any of the other clothing items. But I just knew I was going to pick wrong and end up with the dang $4K boxes. So I haven't bought any. Glu needs to remove them!
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Checking in to complain about these 6 hour weekend quests.......they take more energy bolts than a regular 8 hour gig! Arghh!@$%

No joke! I had to fill my energy (34) 3 dang times to do a flippin' 6 hour photo shoot. That's ridiculous!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    On a bright note, my doll styled the black & gold colors perfectly with her new wardrobe.
    KKH_Screenshot_1440834017379.jpg
    screen capture
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Guys, do you know any item that cost no more no less than 15kstars? Like STRICTLY 15 k stars...?
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I really love the plush top, but I can't afford it :D I just got the shoes, but they're also pretty :)
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Guys, do you know any item that cost no more no less than 15kstars? Like STRICTLY 15 k stars...?

Wooden shelf unit in So Chic Hamptons, plants outside private jet - there's probably other things too :)

EDIT: and pink repaint on car
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Oh people you all look amazing in your new outfits! I think 500 stars for everything though it's s bit too much especially when you only have 60kstars :( maybe a tiny grey hair colour purchase to get the shoes and that's it! :D
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    maybe a tiny grey hair colour purchase to get the shoes and that's it! :D

There's grey hair color to buy? How? Where? ;)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

Morning Guys and Dolls. I bought my iguanas, got the shoes, I would have loved the dress, even though i went on my no earth tones rant, but after last week, I couldn't jump on the GBox ride this week. lol.

Grey hair? Where is their grey hair? Old person grey hair, or Kelly Osborne just before the purple Grey?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts

Right! I used to be an obsessive completist with this game, which was silly but I enjoyed. It was my private splurge.

The giftbox situation just leaves me feeling screwed-over, almost every single time. It's changed my approach drastically; I resent clicking on the giftbox palette, I buy as few giftboxes as humanly possible, and I haven't purchased Kstars in forever. <not since that two-for-one sale months back>. I don't think I'll ever buy more because this game angers me so regularly. My male game is basically out of Kstars, so I watch videos to get more when I remember, and I don't buy him anything generally.

Strange customer-relations approach. I actually wanted to waste my money on this ridiculous game. I would've done so for a very long time. I'm foolish.

Now I've turned my time and money largely towards expanding my monorail.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

I'm glad everyone is having a good weekend event-I didn't dare spen a k-star so I think I'm doing well. :P
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Good restraint, Danielle! I'd like to think that I would've closed the game and not looked back after spending my one allotted giftbox. Good for you.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    So sorry Nat! That really s u c k s! I hate spending purchased kstars then getting nothing.

How about some surf and turf to cheer you up?

shutterstock_104391632.jpg

I also prepared a vegan dish just in case you're not a meat eater. ;)

terreaterre.jpeg?w=600&h=338

Thanks, I'll take the surf and turf, that lobster tho!
    add me on GC; natbchula
    So it's super hard not to acknowledge the post above me but I'll try my best not to feed the troll :p

How is everyone doing? Nat, so glad you liked the surf n turf, hope you're feeling better!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Spent 10 bucks for the first time on the game for 105 kstars... I must have opened a total of 5 boxes and I still did not get the dress. .. I kinda feel like crying right now :(
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    I just leveled up to level 16 and so I got a gig called Kardash Shades? Does this benefit me towards the weekend event?
  • primadiamondsprimadiamonds Registered Users 36 Posts
    The only thing I really wanted out of all the new clothing was the gift box dress...which, of course, I didn't get.

I spent enough KStars to get the shoes and decided to call it quits...hopefully the next VIP event will be a little better.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

True...i didn't open any more gift boxes once I got the $4K

PhotoGrid_1440885058612_zpshjwfzdzy.jpg

I spent enough KStars to get the shoes and decided to call it quits...hopefully the next VIP event will be a little better.

I did the same
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I can't help myself seeing a monkey face in those gift box shoes :D
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey guys!

If it's something I leave here the information that there is nothing special at the end of the event special gigs. Simply nothing, not even a thank you!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Hey guys!

If it's something I leave here the information that there is nothing special at the end of the event's special gigs. Simply nothing not even a thank you!
    Why is Glu doing this, not even a simple reward such as k-stars to spend towards the event or just to have for our own use.