Options

Still Wondering: HOW do we Transfer our Games from one Android Device to a New One...

2Next

Comments

• Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Well hopefully you all commenting on this thread mentioned it in the survey under "what do you want to see in the game?"
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    bottom line is that it is cheaper for the company to have the save on your device then it is to keep them on servers. vastly cheaper! however doing this means the company has little to NO control over if the end user manipulates that save. Glu chose to go cheap and thus has earned a rep of having easy games to crack/hack. i don't think this was a problem for them until recently.

if you're gonna change your stance on piracy as a company don't do it mid stream. don't punish loyal paying customers of your best selling game by changing elements of saving on the backend while the game is still popular. it was their miscalcualtion and they should take the loss on all their current games...not the customers. change what is necessary for the new titles coming out.

i cringe to think what kind of disasters will arrive if/when they do switch to server side saves in the future games. from a tech standpoint they do a lot of dumb things that don't make much sense. look at the survey they wanted you to take that didn't work properly, like do you know how simple it is to code something like that correctly?

why would they DISABLE the ability for the os to cloud save? they developed their "anti-cheat" measures XXXXXXX different systems different ways to fix a problem.

this isn't a debate on cheating or their right to stop it. its about timing and not inconveniencing loyal customers. whatever was changed on the android side should be undone. thats my 2 pennies anyway

Thank you. You make so much sense.

ETA: But I had to edit some out. Hope you understand. *Waves hi and sits down.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Alks...ur 2 pennies are always worth so much more :D
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    BTW, DMV, I Love your avatar.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BTW, DMV, I Love your avatar.

Thanks Koko :)

Andriod player
  • Options
    Had to delete a post. No purpose in posting something in effect back in 2013, before KK:H was even out. Let's keep this thread relevant to the here and now.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have hope guys! :D

Glu previously had step-by-step instructions for transferring other Glu games to a new device for both Android and iOS users.

Though technology and requirements have changed....if Glu did it in the past for their other games, I'm certain they can and will do it for KKH in the near future.

*im still thinking positive! Fingers crossed

Andriod player
  • Options
    WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I have hope guys! :D

Glu previously had step-by-step instructions for transferring other Glu games to a new device for both Android and iOS users.

Though technology and requirements have changed....if Glu did it in the past for their other games, I'm certain they can and will do it for KKH in the near future.

*im still thinking positive! Fingers crossed

but will they?
    have they gotten back to you?
    is there a petition started yet?
  • Options
    Wish wrote: »
    but will they?
    have they gotten back to you?
    is there a petition started yet?

I think they will 👍 it may not be a perfect transfer, but I think (hope) they will and soon.

I haven't seen a petition yet.

To help things along... what are the top 2 things ( example: K stars, houses, wardrobe, level) that gives you major anxiety when u think about losing your current game.

For me its
    1. exclusive wardrobe items
    2. K Stars/ Kash purchased with real money

I would forfeit my level, houses and everything else to keep those 2 things

Andriod player
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I think they will  it may not be a perfect transfer, but I think (hope) they will and soon.

I haven't seen a petition yet.

To help things along... what are the top 2 things ( example: K stars, houses, wardrobe, level) that gives you major anxiety when u think about losing your current game.

For me its
    1. exclusive wardrobe items
    2. K Stars/ Kash purchased with real money

I would forfeit my level, houses and everything else to keep those 2 things

My primary concerns :

1. Exclusive wardrobe items
    2. My 43 energy. I've done all three comebacks. I won't do them again. And I refuse to return to 34 energy. If I lost that, I think I'd just be done with this game completely.

Don't care about anything else. Obviously I'd want all of my accumulated stars, but not as much as those two things.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I don't think we should have to forfeit anything when we change devices. While I understand why exclusive items, k stars, 43 energy level, etc are main priorities, the reality is that we should not have to lose anything when we change devices. I've spent innumerable hours and a lot of cold hard cash on this game. All of that should not be lost because Glu wants to go the cheap route and not provide server space to save our games. This position shows a complete lack of regard for their customers.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    thought i posted here the other day, idk there was a death in my family and i can't seem to keep my mind on any one paticular thing for too long but i'm hard pressed to think of a reason Glu can't or won't support cloud saving.

i swap my accounts around on my devices quite frequently. all the games(not just kkh) transfer fine. its 2015 and we are all playing on smart phones/tablets that have the capability to resolve this issue...so why not just let them and SUPPORT CLOUD SAVING!

^i said that last bit in my Donald Trump voice lol

honestly guys i wish i had an android device so i could try to find a way around this foolishness
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    thought i posted here the other day, idk there was a death in my family and i can't seem to keep my mind on any one paticular thing for too long but i'm hard pressed to think of a reason Glu can't or won't support cloud saving.

i swap my accounts around on my devices quite frequently. all the games(not just kkh) transfer fine. its 2015 and we are all playing on smart phones/tablets that have the capability to resolve this issue...so why not just let them and SUPPORT CLOUD SAVING!

^i said that last bit in my Donald Trump voice lol

honestly guys i wish i had an android device so i could try to find a way around this foolishness

I'm so sorry to hear it! I remember there was an illness a few months ago, and I'm sorry you've had to go through so much.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and not for the usual reason.

Hang in there, and check in here if you want people to flirt with you and try to be distracting!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    IvyBIvyB Registered Users 6 Posts
    I may be forced to get a new phone soon (my current phone's charger port is broken) and I'm worried about my game save. Even if I could continue to use the phone just as a wifi device (I haven't found that out yet), the phone itself may not be usable for long. Fingers crossed there will be a solution for us all. I might actually spend some money on this game if I could be guaranteed I could keep it for as long as I wanted!
    :)
    Please sign the petition to remove the $4000 KCash prize from the 40 KStar Event Gift Boxes HERE