Options

Can someone please tell me how to add YouTube videos to my post?

HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but could somebody please tell me how to add a YouTube video to my reply post? I've been trying to find the answer for hours, and it's driving me batty!
~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    On the toolbar, there's Insert Image, Insert Video. Click the one that says Insert Video and then you paste the video link and hit OK.

Or you could type this out, take note I replaced the "O" with "0".

[VIDE0]paste your link here[/VIDEO]
    PM to add
  • Options
    Tried both of those Nai, and nada... It would only come up with the link, no video :(
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    In your text box, you see a faint grey Font, and arrow down, Size, Arrow down, Arrow down. keep slowly moving your cursor to the right, you'll image over other choices, Smiley, Link, Unlink, insert image , and then.....Insert Video. tap that, a box pops up. insert the whole video link starting with the https:// then hit ok, and Voila....your video is in. Like this.

I'm a sucker for a tight guitar. And rockers never age, so.....how old would would Elliot Easton be now? Ewwwwww. Never Mind. Oh Justin................ lol
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's what I did before :( I'll try it again here and see how I go
  • Options
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFimXCaE7no[/video]

Dammit.....
  • Options

Thank you to all of you for your help, but a MASSIVE big thank you to DMV_Doll who helped me out over PM - Apparently the code needs more than what the video button gives me for some reason. Happy to post it if it helps, but in the meantime, here is a little present for you for helping me :)
  • Options
    DMV, any chance you can post your directions, in order to help the others who's buttons aren't working well.

See if you go into pm, you'll see all the options above the text box, but when they so nicely prettied up the forum for our game and changed the colors, the labels for the text boxes disappeared, but they're still there and functional.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    From what I've been able to work out, the insert video link is similar to the insert image link, where it would generally insert a video that you have uploaded like an image. The button gives you [vide0]linkhere[/vide0].

For some reason, I needed to classify it as a YouTube video in the brackets. So instead of having:

[vide0]http://youtu.be/XFimXCaE7no[/vide0] (which is what the insert video image gives you) I have to enter it as:
    [vide0=youtube;XFimXCaE7no][ur1]http://youtu.be/XFimXCaE7no[/ur1][/vide0]

(For the example, I have done what Nai did above and swapped the 'O' on video for '0', as well as the L in 'url' for a '1')

You can see YouTube in the start of the opening brackets, followed by the same ID link listed in the end of your pasted link, followed by it being identified as a URL.

Hope this helps anyone that the button doesn't work for
  • Options
    And to simplify, here is the example DMV sent me:

W9IrTLl.jpg
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    DMV, any chance you can post your directions, in order to help the others who's buttons aren't working well.

See if you go into pm, you'll see all the options above the text box, but when they so nicely prettied up the forum for our game and changed the colors, the labels for the text boxes disappeared, but they're still there and functional.

Hi Koko,

My apologies, I don't make my way to FAQ daily so I didn't see this post.

I saw Raven's post in the weekend event thread and wanted to see if I could help out. I'm sure there's a simpler way to post vids, but I wanted to share what works for me.

I pretty much post & PM from my mobile and in mobile view, so unfortunately I don't see the pretty options above the text box.

Glad I could help :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Andriod player
  • Options
    This is great. I didn't know why some people had trouble. Those darn invisible text option markings are ridiculous. I know I couldn't load you tube from my tablet. I'm going to try your explanation later from the tab and you may have solved that problem. lol. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    She's a very smart cookie, I would never have figured that out on my own!