Help, My First Child Suffered a Stroke after I Adopted a Second Baby

Ben WijayaBen Wijaya Registered Users 36 Posts
Written below is step by step of what I did exactly after updating from 3.2.0 leading to the problem.

Detail%20Comparision%201_zpsmvsfcwrh.jpg

Pic. 1: On the left was how the first baby I adopted originally looked, and on the right was after the update.

Love%20and%20Hope%20Adoption%20Center%201_zpskluofngb.jpg

Pic. 2: After updating to 3.3.0 and opening the application, I went to the Love and Hope Adoption Center.

Upon entering the adoption center, I noticed immediately that the baby (see Pic. 1) my avatar was holding looked different (specifically its crossed eyes, crooked mouth and body angle), but did not think much of it at the time and put it down as a minor glitch in the graphics due to the update. The baby only appeared that way whenever I was at the adoption center, but not in the nursery and wardrobe (see Pic. 8 and Pic. 9).

Love%20and%20Hope%20Adoption%20Center%203_zpszapt0c1d.jpg

Pic. 3: After careful consideration and much thought, I adopted another baby with the same features.

Second%20Baby%20Nursery%201_zpsg9mxkz4j.jpg

Pic. 4: After naming the second baby, I decided to change the boys into matching outfits and hairstyles.

Second%20Baby%20Nursery%204_zpsjvrsf6q4.jpg

Pic. 5: This was the moment when I realized there was something wrong with the first baby (encircled).

Second%20Baby%20Nursery%207_zps0zdnuswm.jpg

Pic. 6: The baby on the left in the blue onesie which my avatar is holding was the child I just adopted.

Comments

• Ben WijayaBen Wijaya Registered Users 36 Posts
    Second%20Baby%20Nursery%206_zpsuc0uj2g6.jpg

Pic. 7: I tried switching the babies around with the nanny a couple of times, but it still looked the same.

Second%20Baby%20Wardrobe%201_zpsqdccxqey.jpg

Pic. 8: Its name was changed twice from 'Alexander' to 'Gavin' after I adopted the second baby.

Second%20Baby%20Adoption%20Center%201_zpsa9qxlzdi.jpg

Pic. 9: The first baby only looked normal when I was in the wardrobe (see Pic. 8) and adoption center.

Comparision%201_zpstyjw3zbf.jpg

Pic. 10: The baby in the yellow onesie was the first child and the other in the blue onesie was the second.

Comparision%201_zpsoinbd05e.gif

Pic. 11: I have layered both babies on top of one another to illustrate the differences between the two.

Glu%20Support_zpsusgvs9fe.jpg

Pic. 12: I have contacted Glu Support regarding this issue, but they were of little to no help at all.

From what I can gather, there are others who have also experienced the same glitch after the update. It happened to either their first or second baby they adopted, that or the albino nanny.
  • JennvanJennvan Registered Users 13 Posts
    I also received one of these strange babies. I think the nanny dropped it. I had the exact same situation, adopted two boys and the first one changed after I adopted the second one. I also had a glitch where the nurses at the adoption center and the nanny basically turned albino. It was all very creepy and I wasn't that far along so I reset my game. My new babies are ok but the nurses and nanny still have issues. I need to figure out how to post a picture so I can share all this strange stuff!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ben -So, even after your feed them, change them and play with them, the crying faces don't disappear? You will have to pursue this with Customer Care. try to be more explanatory of what happened. I would suggest you kept the boys in different outfits with different hair styles. Then when you write again to Customer Care, specify what is wrong with each baby. I'd say something like after I adopted Blue onesie, both his and diaper boy's faces were frozen in the crying face.

Also, be detailed. Tell them what they are looking for. Instead of circling a baby's head and saying "This is what happened" put into words what customer care is looking at. All of your screenshots don't tell the story you think it does. Customer care isn't going to take the time to figure it out (i'm asumming the crying face is the problem? I don't see anything else that jumps out at me, but you have to tell them exactly what is wrong, and what you need the outcome to be. (I have to be honest, I don't know if it's hair color, crying face, etc.)

If the August 16th is the last communication, they asked you to be specific. I really think that's what you need to do.
    Can you try and just put it into words, and once the words make it clear what happened, the pictures should illustrate that.

You posted you haven't been back to the nursery because you don't want to see that hideous child, which one is the hideous one? I'm not being flippant, if I can't figure out what you need them to do, neither can Customer Care.
    I hope they can fix the problem for you. If you'd like, try it here first, the explanation to customer care, and
    if you're comfortable with it, copy and send it back to them, or tweak it a little.

And then if you're doing screenshots, can you put the dates or sequence number.

Also was the first baby affected by an appearance change with the July 4th-ish update? if so, Customer Care sent out a few messages that to please be sure and have baby number 1 (if you now had two babies) in your arms during a specific week, otherwise the changes would be made to the wrong baby.

Does the above in purple apply to you? When was the baby change? (I'm wondering if you screencapped only crying faces to show they were unhappy? I think Customer Care is as confused as I was.) Let's try and figure this out.

Jeneen, how is the baby off? What would you tell Customer care. Forget the screenshots, Use words.

This is very frustrating.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will edit them later. Hopefully, Glu Support would be able to understand.
    I tried changing the clothes, took it back to the adoption center, switched babies with the nanny etc, and nothing help. I have a pic of mine that isn't crying. I am just trying to figure out how to post it. I wasn't that far along in my game so I restarted. I am much happier with only one child. I don't want a second until the nanny goes away!
    [IMG image.jpg

image.jpg [/IMG]
    Koko-

I think the babies in question look cross eyed, that is the main thing I noticed. The mouth seemed off too. IDK it's weird, I though I was just imagining things, I am glad someone else noticed too, but sorry that Bens baby is messed up.
    Jennvan, You post a screenshot with the attendants holding 2 babies. Did you adopt one of these? Which one? Then you show a different babies in the arms of dad. Did one of the other babies turn into the baby in daddy's arms? Then there is a 4th baby in your avatar. 4 babies, yet what's the connection? If screenshots aren't obvious, there need to be words explaining what you need.

But in both these cases, sorry this is happening, and I hope Customer Care can quickly sort through both your issues and fix the situations.
    :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Jennvan wrote: »
    Koko-

I think the babies in question look cross eyed, that is the main thing I noticed. The mouth seemed off too. IDK it's weird, I though I was just imagining things, I am glad someone else noticed too, but sorry that Bens baby is messed up.

For a moment there I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem.
    Thanks Jennvan, on my screen I would never notice crossed eyes, That's easily something to write and send to Glu. I'll brb

ETA: Ok, took both babies from Ben's pic with the stricken child circled in yellow.
    BlowupBabies_zpsdireyb9i.jpg
    I blew it up put both faces next to each other, and without being told baby in yellow was crosseyed, strange eyes not familiar with your family didn't pick it up. What do the babies look like in the photobooth? If the eyes and face are still deformed there, that would be a good picture to include. In screenshots, because there is a degree of animation, there may be 25 or more frames with awkward appearance as the face moves from one position to another. Anyway wanted to show you how to a non parental eye, the pictures alone were not descriptive.

Hope it resolves soon. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Jennvan, You post a screenshot with the attendants holding 2 babies. Did you adopt one of these? Which one? Then you show a different babies in the arms of dad. Did one of the other babies turn into the baby in daddy's arms? Then there is a 4th baby in your avatar. 4 babies, yet what's the connection? If screenshots aren't obvious, there need to be words explaining what you need.

But in both these cases, sorry this is happening, and I hope Customer Care can quickly sort through both your issues and fix the situations.
    :)

I have not sent anything to customer service, I was just posting the pic to show that my baby had the same issue as Bens. The other pic showed a glitch with the nurses, they are ghostly white, it didn't have anything to do with the babies. I had mentioned this when I commented on Bens original post. It's not a problem for me, it was just something I thought was weird.
    Oh, meant to suggest that both your and Ben's issues can only be fixed in Customer Care. I have had the nurses appear as pale and blonde as yours, to darkest skin and hair. Do your nurses always look like that?

But this whole thread is a perfect example of why Screenshots should be fully explained. 100 pair of eyes will see 100 different things.

In your original post, jenn you did mention the nurses. But then there were other posts, and when you posted the screenshots, there was no explanation so I thought I was looking at babies, not nurses. Not your fault, mine. But that's my whole real point. Idiot Proof your posts both here looking for help, and to customer care. Be so specific and clear that a blind man could follow along simply reading the text in braille.

I don't mean be condescending, but just assume that the other person really needs it explained to them. And I think that's primarily what I've been trying to convey all along here. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I'm confused in which baby is affected. May I suggest that when you send pictures to customer care that you make sure the baby that is affected is wearing the same thing for both pictures?
    Thanks Danielle. I think that was covered under the earlier suggestions for more efficient use of screenshots, and again under "e so specific and clear that a blind man could follow along simply reading the text in braille." Pictures are subjective, and sometimes confusing.

And tbh, I think right now Original Poster is probably sorry he ever opened the thread. So let's all back away from this until Ben comes back with results from Customer Care, or more people report current baby appearance issues.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Oh Oops, I skimmed through the posts so I did not see that, thanks for the heads up koko!
    I looked at what I had written yesterday with a fresh pair of eyes again this morning and I was just as confused as everyone else. Sometimes it takes another person to point out that I am still not on track. Thank you for the suggestions Koko and Danielle! I hope Jennvan's problem will be resolved soon too.