Options

FB friend not appearing

Twylyght MystTwylyght Myst Registered Users 130 Posts
Hi all!

I have recently start playing KKH through facebook itself (not on an Ipad, Tablet, phone, etc) and I know for a fact I have friends that play through facebook as well however none of them are showing up under my contacts list. I can click on invite friends and when I type their name in it will not pull them up as a contact....

How do I go about getting them as contacts so that I can invite them to projects etc??
Game Center: Twylyght Myst
Britney Spears: 86D94L7R

Daily KKH, K&K, & BS:AD player

Gordon Ramsey Dash player

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I don't play the FB platform, and there's very little in KK:H Faqs about Facebook Platform games. When did you invite them, because it does take a while for them to show up. Can you ask your friends to try and invite you? You should try posting a new thread in Gifting and Friends, like FB Platform - I can't add friends. Make sure it says FB Platform. Ask seasoned FB Platform players for advice on how to invite friends and add contacts. And, we'll keep this open in case someone sees it here. Ordinarily I'd merge duplicate threads, but in this instance, since FB has limited support, we'll give it a shot. Good luck Twylygt Myst. Let's try and fix this for you. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Twylyght MystTwylyght Myst Registered Users 130 Posts
    Thanks Koko!! I didn't add them, they are already players... I could have sworn I read some where in the technical faq's that if they were players already they should automatically show up as contacts... It's weird because not all of my friends show when I try to invite people... I'm not that far in that I can try and restart the game and see if that helps lol

Sorry about the duplicate post :o
    Game Center: Twylyght Myst
    Britney Spears: 86D94L7R

Daily KKH, K&K, & BS:AD player

Gordon Ramsey Dash player
  • Options
    No prob. I just thought that FB users would have more helpful advice, maybe some have been through it. And, that is a very popular subforum, I thought we'd get more coverage. You can contact customer care, but asking players might be faster, and sometimes it might be more effective as far as playing with others.

And no worries about double post for this, it was my suggestion I thought. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Hey Trish. You should have been in my game as soon as you started playing on the Facebook we're friends on. But I was wondering... the Facebook account you play on, is it the same one that you have linked for your other character? The one you play on iPad? Or is it 2 different characters? Hopefully I'm making sense lol.

Lemme try to explain what I'm trying to say here lol. I can't play with you if you're playing on iPad obviously. If you're using your Facebook account for both characters (I don't even know if that's possible), the iPad and the Facebook game, that might be the problem. I don't know. Just throwing an idea out there. Other than that, I have no freakin' clue! Hahaha!!

Still a small darn world to run into you here girl!! We need to get into each other's game!! :)
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    I could have sworn I read some where in the technical faq's that if they were players already they should automatically show up as contacts...

Actually it says that on one of the loading screens of the game too haha!
  • Options
    Oh, I had a whole thing written, then I said, wait. Twylight's on FB, playing, Rose is Kindle. Only people playing on FB can connect with other people playing on FB. The Kindle Platform will only play with other Kindle Platform players. Facebook Platform players can only connect with other Facebook Platform players.

FB the social media helps you connects iwth your FB social media friends, ONLY if you are both on the same platform.

So Twylight is trying to play with other people who play on the FaceBook Platform. They can be Facebook Social Media friends, but unless you're both playing on the same platform, you won't see them. You are in your own universe. Same for all the other platform.

Twylight, at this point, I think you need a definitive answer, and that would mean a ticket to customer care. Explain the situation and make it clear you're on the FB Platform, trying to connect with other FB Platform friends. (I say make it clear because you don't want the answer to comeback, 'you can only connect with players on your platform'. I've already told you that and it didn't take a week for that answer). Please come back and let us know how you make out. Then we'll have the answer maybe, when another FB Platform player can't connect with their FB Platform Friends.

Rose, if you start a FB Platform game, you guys can play together. Hmmm?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh, I had a whole thing written, then I said, wait. Twylight's on FB, playing, Rose is Kindle. Only people playing on FB can connect with other people playing on FB. The Kindle Platform will only play with other Kindle Platform players. Facebook Platform players can only connect with other Facebook Platform players.

FB the social media helps you connects iwth your FB social media friends, ONLY if you are both on the same platform.

So Twylight is trying to play with other people who play on the FaceBook Platform. They can be Facebook Social Media friends, but unless you're both playing on the same platform, you won't see them. You are in your own universe. Same for all the other platform.

Twylight, at this point, I think you need a definitive answer, and that would mean a ticket to customer care. Explain the situation and make it clear you're on the FB Platform, trying to connect with other FB Platform friends. (I say make it clear because you don't want the answer to comeback, 'you can only connect with players on your platform'. I've already told you that and it didn't take a week for that answer). Please come back and let us know how you make out. Then we'll have the answer maybe, when another FB Platform player can't connect with their FB Platform Friends.

Rose, if you start a FB Platform game, you guys can play together. Hmmm?

No Koko. I CAN play with Facebook players. ;)

Edit: to expand on that, I can play with Facebook players because that's the only way I can add friends. So regardless of if they play on Kindle or Facebook, they should be in my game. ;)
  • Options
    Rose, I took this from the FAQs for the game https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=social&f=i-play-on-facebook-why-can-t-i-see-facebook-friends-playing-on-other-platforms-in-my-contact-list

I play on Facebook. Why can’t I see Facebook friends playing on other platforms in my contact list?

The game only shows contacts across the same platform. Although your friends playing on iOS or Android are signed-in to Facebook via the game, they will not appear your contact list because they are not playing the game on Facebook itself.

Back to me, (what's with this font?) So, if you are seeing other platform players because they're on Facebook, even Glu doesn't know about it. This is the same thing we keep going round and round every so often. Am I just not understanding what you're saying?

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, I don't know. But I'm telling you I can play with players who play on Facebook lol. I can also play with SOME Android players, but not all. It's just weird....

I'm thinking it's a Kindle thing. Because I only add people through Facebook (meaning no Game Center or Google+). If they already played the game they were automatically in my game when I started.