HELP! My game won't open

pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
I started an 8 hour gig but as soon as I started tapping on things my game froze, so I restarted my phone (it happens sometimes). But when I tried opening the game again I got a screen that says "downloading resources"- this pops up sometimes when I open the game but it lasts for like 2 seconds.

I have an android phone and haven't been able to find that much info on what this means.
I'm assuming the problem is my phone since it won't even open the game. There is a timer that shows 60 minutes left to "download resources", but it keeps restarting after like 2 minutes. It's been 12 hours and i haven't been able to play.
I've never backed up/saved my game and I'm worried I'll have to start all over. I cleared the cache, restarted my phone a million times, but didn't clear data and really don't want to uninstall the app. I really hope it's a temporary glitch and i can wait it out.

Has anyone else had this problem before?
Prev1

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Do not uninstall KKH. That would be the most important thing, you do not want to risk it.

Are your storage full? Maybe clear out some unimportant apps, and see if it helps. Are you able to open other games or is it just KKH that won't load. Check also that you have a stable internet connection and try again.

I didn't have this exact issue, but I did have one time where the loading went to 338% or something. It was supposed to load at 100% but it didn't and I waited like what 15 mins? It still didn't load, and the loading percentage even reset. It was just temporary, I was able to play after a few hours. I hope yours is just a temporary thing too.
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. Has the situation changed at all? Being an Android, you can go to your Application Manager (in Settings on my Samsung) Go to the Game's settings, be careful to stay away from the Clear Data button. That will dump your game, and as Nai said, DO NOT Uninstall the game. You can tap the Clear Cache. then get out of settings, shut everything down, open up and try again. Then another trick I've used when I'm not loading or it's not connecting, go to the app store, and go KKH Game, and there's an Open button try opening the game from there. Try these and let us know? We need to get you up and running for the weekend. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Thanks for your replies! I only have 3 other games and they all open normally. I also deleted a photo app, which made more room. After clearing the cache, I've also restarted my phone tons of times and tried opening the app from Google Play, but nothing has changed. It's been almost 24 hours! :( I really don't want to miss the weekend event!
    Ok, let me poke around and see if I can find any answers, and I'll be back. But before I go, 1st thing customer care would say if make sure you are on a strong wifi signal. You have room. And you have downloaded the latest version of the game.
    And, what is the device?

Oh, and you should track down your Hollywood ID Number. SInce you can't open the game, someone said you can find it in the google play info. I don't recall exactly where they said it was, but you should look around and see if you can locate it. If you have to contact customrer care, they can't do anything without that number. I'll be back. And, we'll be needing you in the event thread soon. PizzaParty for lunch.
    132856285_87a15b1a0d_z.jpg

You want to deliver them or should I? :):):)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm connected to my home wifi so the connection is great. The phone is an at&t samsung galaxy exhilarate, android version 4.0.4. I'll look around for my account number. Thanks for your help! Pizza is my favorite!! Fingers crossed I'll be around for the weekend event or I'll be so bummed.
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    I'm connected to my home wifi so the connection is great. The phone is an at&t samsung galaxy exhilarate, android version 4.0.4. I'll look around for my account number. Thanks for your help! Pizza is my favorite!! Fingers crossed I'll be around for the weekend event or I'll be so bummed.

Hey umm .. Try to update your android .. I know almost everything about every brands cell phones ..
    If u dont know how to do it ..
    Got to Settings/About Phone *its always the last thing in ur settings* /Update thing and then check for updates ..
    I know that KKH is version of android 2.3 and up but check it ..
    If this not work I'll search and try to help you before the update .. :)
    Truffle, I've never loved you more. You know everything I don't. as in tech stuff.

Oh, and Pizza Party, I apologize, in your opening post you explained you did all that stuff, but they've been busting up my cement floor in my garage since 7, and I'm very slow today. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I thought I had written my KKH id# before, but i can't find it anywhere!
    Thanks for the suggestions, but nothing has made a difference :( This phone is a bit older so it's about as up to date as it can be, but I still check for updates and nothing is available for it.
    I don't know what the problem is. I have a good wifi connection, enough room, and everything else is fine. Maybe there is a corrupt file or something? But everything was working just fine so I don't know what could have happened.
    I don't think I could even start over at this point- I started playing the game last July shortly after it was released :(
    Which page/ screen were you able to get to before crashing? Are you able to take a screenshot and post it here. Maybe that would help troubleshoot the problem.

Let's hope it isn't because the device is old and can no longer handle the game. This happens to other games too, people who were using an iPad 1 or old devices started crashing after newer updates and the only solution was get a new device. Thing is, KKH doesn't have cloud save so even if the issue here is with your device, it's difficult to safely transfer over to your new device.

Do you happen to have your game logged onto Facebook?
    PM to add
    The last thing I did right before it froze was tap on the blue convo star of a contact at the beginning of a gig. When it didn't unfreeze on its own, I restarted my phone and haven't been able to open it since then because it's stuck on that Android "downloading resources" screen that keeps starting over. I've never had any issues after recent updates so IDK at this point. I don't have a facebook. Can you save you game if you link them?

I've collected so many cool things from the events and I'm probably going to lose all my progress :(:(:(:(
    I have an android too, but I've tried starting the game a few times and I don't see any word that says "downloading resources", so I'm trying to understand at which loading page are you stuck at. Is it the one with Kim on the cover?

On my android, I only see 2 screens before I get into game, this is the first.
    OkDFUe6l.png

And this is the one with Kim on the cover, and the page says "loading"

CFsoG3Q.png

I hope you don't lose all your progress....... :(
    PM to add
    Hi Naimonster, yes, it's the first screen you posted! (I can't take screenshots on my phone- forgot to mention that) It's totally normal for that first screen to pop up for like 3 seconds when I first open the game, but right now it says it'll be done "downloading resources" in 60 minutes and it keeps resetting after 3 minutes. That's why I don't know if it's the game, my phone or both. Something went wrong while I was playing I guess. I already wrote to tech support but it could be 7 years before they finally reply
    I think it could be a device problem if you're stuck on the first screenshot.

Did you manage to get your Hollywood ID? Support can help you only if you provide them your Hollywood ID so they can check if anything is wrong with your game. But let's hope they know what kind of problem this is without the ID :)
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I think it could be a device problem if you're stuck on the first screenshot.

Did you manage to get your Hollywood ID? Support can help you only if you provide them your Hollywood ID so they can check if anything is wrong with your game. But let's hope they know what kind of problem this is without the ID :)
    Downloading recourses shows when u download and start the game for the first time ,, and this is so strange ..
    I have .. idea .. I mean because u are on android maybe this could be the reason ,

Okay a long time ago I downloaded Clean Master *Its only for android* and it cleans all of my game data *OBB*
    And maybe ur OBB file is missing and u need to find OBB file and put it on the right place ..
    But before you do something like that go to File Manager *or whatever was called on Samsung the place where all the folders like system* ,, search for Android folder *usually is in ur internal storage.. or if u moved ur game into the SD card is in ur Sd card place ..
    After u go on ur Android folder go to OBB folder and then search for this folder *com.glu.stardomkim* and if u have a file there is something wrong with ur game and I cant help u ..BUT IF U DONT HAVE I'LL TELL U FROM WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT :)
    You're great truffle! Let's hope this helps pizzaparty to play the weekend event.

Weird thing is, she was in the middle of playing her game when it happened.
    PM to add
    Okay I went to sdcard/android/obb and i see the KKH folder you said to look for and it only has one file that's like "main.*gibberish*" and ends with "obb.tmp." Is that a bad thing?
    When I go to android/data there's another KKH folder with 3 other folders: cache, files, and files.gwallet (also found a file with every recording of kim's voice- weird)

Is the first folder corrupted or something? The phone gives me the option to move it to another location so I can switch it to android/data/KKH. I do NOT want to move it without getting second opinions though since IDK what I'm doing.
    I don't know anything about how this stuff, so IDK where to go from here. Maybe a misplaced folder is the problem? Thanks for bringing this up, trufflebutter. Also, thanks to everyone else who has tried to help!!
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Okay I went to sdcard/android/obb and i see the KKH folder you said to look for and it only has one file that's like "main.*gibberish*" and ends with "obb.tmp." Is that a bad thing?
    When I go to android/data there's another KKH folder with 3 other folders: cache, files, and files.gwallet (also found a file with every recording of kim's voice- weird)

Is the first folder corrupted or something? The phone gives me the option to move it to another location so I can switch it to android/data/KKH. I do NOT want to move it without getting second opinions though since IDK what I'm doing.
    I don't know anything about how this stuff, so IDK where to go from here. Maybe a misplaced folder is the problem? Thanks for bringing this up, trufflebutter. Also, thanks to everyone else who has tried to help!!
    Okay ur game is in ur SD card right?? Can u took a screenshoot .. This weekend event is 3 days
    Pizza, were you able to track down your Hollywood ID#? You'll need it if we can hook you up with some help. If this doesn't work I'd like to have Plan B ready, so I asked Glu to take a look at this thread and see what we can do for you. Hang in there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @trufflebutter it says it's on the sd card....but there's no sd card in my phone. This is just an extra/old phone I have in case mine ever breaks so I play the game when I'm connected to wifi. Also, I can't take screenshots on this phone because it's older I guess. What else should I look for?

@koko I've been unable to find any info on google play or anywhere else

:(
    Ok, I'll dig that up, I'm trying to hook a couple of people up, and if I can find where someone said it was, I'll be right back, I'll keep looking. Just be super careful not to delete or restart your game. If you're uncomfortable, leave it. I wish we knew if it was game or device related. anyway, let me go look for that info. I have a blinking red light on my laptop, and let me tell you, I am not in the mood for anymore trouble around here. be back soon
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Pizza, ok, I tracked down that post about the id, or maybe not, What I found was talking about the fb game. and I went all through google play, and then it hit me....if you purchased any stars, that receipt will have either your id number, or it will have the transaction. And that may be able to retrieve your hollywood number
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Guess what Pizza. Now I can't open either. I'm going to try a different device. I went downstairs, where the connection is hard sometimes, and now we suffer together. I have no time for this. Wah Wah Wah

May be my messenger? Let me sign out of that. I signed into it, and then then game wouldn't come on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wow. Ok, I tracked down any other thing running that might have messed up. I remember messenger it was yahoo messenger. I deleted messenger, (said a little prayer, I'm Irish) and I'm up.

Android
    Samsung S4
    (not going into settings right now to check OS,)

I had tried everything I suggested to you. I think I got this for a reason...to help better? Try and think if any of this infor helps.

PizzaP, it was everything you described. Like Deja Vu. (don't discount the prayer part, If you don't observe then good thoughts attrack good things. )

My fingers are soooooooooooooooooo crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    OMG I bought a pack of Kstars once a few months ago so I looked through my email but I must have deleted it awhile ago!!! The purchase still shows up in google play but it doesn't say anything about an account number. We're talking about the account number for KKH, right?
    And I'm so sorry your game is mess up now too! This sucks. Looks like I'm going to miss the weekend event :/
    Ok, but, your receipt shows transaction number and I'm thinking they can see what game got that transaction? It's worth a shot.

Go back up and read. I told you how I fixed my game!!!!

I was having messenger issues on my laptop, which reminded me I signed into messenger from my phone down in the basement. And then the game wouldn't load for me. So I deleted the messenger, boom, got my game back.

So, think back to any other apps that you could have been running that may have acted funky? Who would have thought messenger? And serious about I said a little prayer.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hi pizzaparty. Sorry you are having this trouble.
    We think your device might have had trouble downloading some event files, and now they might not be loading properly.
    Please try these steps to fix it:

Step 1: Open your file manager app (or try the free app "OI File Manager" if you don't have one)
    Step 2: Find the folder labelled “Android” located on the SD card
    Step 3: Inside you should find a folder labelled “obb”
    Step 4: Inside that will be a folder called “com.glu.stardomkim”. Hold down on this folder with your finger until the options appear.
    Step 5: Delete the “com.glu.stardomkim”folder. When you launch the game next time it will automatically create a new one. Deleting this folder should not cause any data loss, but do not delete anything else.
    Step 6: Launch the app. You should see a screen like the black "Downloading Resources" one posted her earlier. The game is redownloading a new OBB into the new folder it created. Please ensure that you maintain a strong online connection during this download

The game should run normally again after those steps.
    I went through all those steps and it still didn't work :( I still see the same "downloading resources" screen. I restarted my phone and tried again. I can see another KKH folder was created in the OBB file.
    Also, I got a random notification from KKH "Your favorite items are back. Play now!" I wish.
    Is my game forever doomed?!??

Koko, the only things I regularly use on this phone are KKH, Snapchat, and instagram so idk if those might have caused something. I haven't downloaded updates for other other apps in awhile. Glad to hear your game is up and running again! Also, I deleted the the email/receipt I got after I bought the star pack and even though it shows up in the Google Play purchase history, it doesn't show any info. How dumb is that?! There is no transaction number or anything. All I can show is a screenshot to show I bought something
    Once I saw Glu's advice, I figured mine was just a similar looking situation. But that didn't work. Argh. Ok, If anything has different sign in credentials it might be a fluke-ish kind of thing, but that's what frazzled mine. Anything you can uninstall like that (Snap or instagram)without losing anything, I'd probably uninstall just to see if I could get the game to load. But careful not to delete anything urgent....like the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I deleted those apps and uninstalled updates for random apps I can't get rid of, but that didn't work either :( uuugghhh