Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »

I do enjoy the voting part a lot and I like creating the outfits. But for some reason when I hit save outfit, it saves it into two slots. So it was a lot to learn in the game in one weekend.

?

That sounds like the Lookbook not the Voting contest. You don't see any "slots" after you submit an outfit to be voted on.

To Submit An Outfit
    On the voting screen, you will see a button between the two dolls that says CREATE LOOK. Click that.
    Then the usual wardrobe screen comes up so you dress your doll and then there is a round button the left that say SUBMIT. Click it.
    Then another screen pops up and you can CANCEL or SUBMIT (which submits the outfit you just created for the contest but you revert back to the previous outfit you were wearing in the game) or SAVE LOOK & SUBMIT (which submits look and you stay in that new outfit).
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    foxy lady! one of my favorite combos that i've seen so far.

And I LOST with that one.. ***?! Lol

I was so tired yesterday (it was work day in my country.. I hate working on Saturdays grrr) and I slept for 12 hours straight lol and now I have left only 15 hours and even if I win all combos I won't be able to get that Chanel bag :mad:
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

I was so tired yesterday (it was work day in my country.. I hate working on Saturdays grrr) and I slept for 12 hours straight lol and now I have left only 15 hours and even if I win all combos I won't be able to get that Chanel bag :mad:

Me too 😑
    These anonymous voters are haters lol
    I submitted two outfits and I lost. They're hating because they wish they had my doll's style.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I only have 229 points and I need 255 points for the purse. It's 6:24 am where I'm located. I'm staying up late just to submit another oufit.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts

BTW you can earn event points by doing the normal everyday gigs ... You have to invite someone though and when you click and compete the "pose for group photo" bubble you earn event votes Last one I got 7 So just carry one with the mundane tasks and you could reach full points! :)
    GC: TTemb
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I absolutely loved this event! Every outfit I submitted won, so I finished pretty early. Finally a type of event that doesn't wreck every nerve out of me :D
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey Polkadot! Nice to see you back :)
    PM to add
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Add me to the choir that's so glad to see you, PDot! This is great!

Okay, I have a super-petty criticism. This can't really effect a large proportion of KKH players, but I wish the male and female prizes coordinated/matched a little better. I feel like these two got dressed without being aware of each other, and now one of them ought to change.
    image.jpg1_zpsfpukgu6a.jpg

But I know they actually have matching toe nail polish, at least. Maybe I should have pursued those crazy open-toed boots for him last week, after all!

Also, are his sleeves too short, or is it just my imagination? Did he maybe not actually finish the event and just swipe a shorter dude's jacket?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    TTemb wrote: »
    BTW you can earn event points by doing the normal everyday gigs ... You have to invite someone though and when you click and compete the "pose for group photo" bubble you earn event votes Last one I got 7 So just carry one with the mundane tasks and you could reach full points! :)

I do my gigs but the max I got from "pose for group photo" buble was 5 ticks :( I'm trying hard right now, it's Sunday 3.30 pm here and I'm staying at home today, so I'll play till the end lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Haha OMG wolf if you see this I love you your competition entry is great
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I cannot believe I won with this look! I submitted so the other person would get the votes

PhotoGrid_1442151740509_zpstuerwtia.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    OK so I'm done! I tried and tried over again until I finally I made it. My doll is not gonna waste her time with these anonymous haters lol. They don't understand NYC fashion. In real life, New Yorkers are not dressed up in on this city luxury style 24/7 so I couldn't relate to this theme at all. I would say for everyday NYC look, it's pretty much a casual style clothing. It seemed unrealistic to me. There's even some celebrities that live in NYC because they could blend in as normal people and wouldn't be recognized on the street as in Hollywood. Well that's how NYC is. NYC is a busy city and no one will actually care if you're a celebrity or not. Everyone is minding their own business and it's not really a friendly city. I'm just keeping it real that's all.
    tmp_15467_Screenshot_2015_09_13_10_14_40_1844822.png
    host images
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    OK so I'm done! I tried and tried over again until I finally I made it. My doll is not gonna waste her time with these anonymous haters lol. They don't understand NYC fashion. In real life, New Yorkers are not dressed up in on this city luxury style 24/7 so I couldn't relate to this theme at all. I would say for everyday NYC look, it's pretty much a casual style clothing. It seemed unrealistic to me. There's even some celebrities that live in NYC because they could blend in as normal people and wouldn't be recognized on the street as in Hollywood. Well that's how NYC is. NYC is a busy city and no one will actually care if you're a celebrity or not. Everyone is minding their own business and it's not really a friendly city. I'm just keeping it real that's all.
    host images

Good for you!. I'm nowhere near NYC but I always loved that vibe of "chill" the city seems to have...like you can wear whatever your sense of style inspires. My guy it's been trying to get that vibe with his clothes too and so far the only two winner outfits were the ones with some sort of crazy color combination lol. The the others, more cassual and cool where not the public's choice...well, whatever! I think he looks pretty handsome.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    host images

Carol,

I'm sorry your so upset about the theme. You said you "can't relate" to the theme so why does that make other KKH players "anonymous haters"?

IDK about anyone else, but personally I've never been to New York and I live on the East Coast lol my only reference is what I've seen on TV.

edit:

L M A O
    I goggled "City Luxury style looks" and this popped up

kim-kardashian-kanye-west_zpstwpjgu9c.jpg[

Andriod player
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Good for you!. I'm nowhere near NYC but I always loved that vibe of "chill" the city seems to have...like you can wear whatever your sense of style inspires. My guy it's been trying to get that vibe with his clothes too and so far the only two winner outfits were the ones with some sort of crazy color combination lol. The the others, more cassual and cool where not the public's choice...well, whatever! I think he looks pretty handsome.
    Thank you. That's what I love about NYC. I love that you can actually wear casual clothing and still look stylish at the same time. I dressed up my doll like the way I would dress up in real life. I was so inspired by people's everyday NYC look. I won a few times and lost a few times. A lot of players went off topic with the NYC fashion look and they're the ones that are winning smh.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Carol,

I'm sorry your so upset about the theme. You said you "can't relate" to the theme so why does that make other KKH players "anonymous haters"?

IDK about anyone else, but personally I've never been to New York and I live on the East Coast lol my only reference is what I've seen on TV.
    I'm upset because the anonymous voters put thumbs down for the outfits that I dressed up my doll that I would normally dress up as. I chose casual clothing for my doll that still looked stylish and I used my inspiration from a everyday NYC look. I won and lost a few times though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Carol,

edit:

L M A O
    I goggled "City Luxury style looks" and this popped up

kim-kardashian-kanye-west_zpstwpjgu9c.jpg[
    Okay normal people on NYC would not dressed up like that. That's only if you're a celebrity, then you would dress up with this city luxury style looks since they're rich & famous. I dressed up my doll with a NYC street fashion look because that's where my inspiration came from.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I don't get it. Kim Kardashian dressed up in NYC street style before and it would have been cool if my doll's outfits didn't have a thumbs down for NYC inspired street style.
    tmp_15467_239d6744831bac73b8abebc9803ee76a583bdd.jpg
    image hosting over 2mb
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Okay normal people on NYC would not dressed up like that. That's only if you're a celebrity, then you would dress up with this city luxury style looks since they're rich & famous. I dressed up my doll with a NYC street fashion look because that's where my inspiration came from.

But you're supposed to be rich and famous in the game ^^
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    I guess themes are open to interpretation though right? As long as you liked your chosen looks that's cool. If this was a task on Project Runway I'm sure the contestants would come up with different takes. Then there's probably people like me who read the theme and then forgot about it :D plus not everyone is serious about fashion I guess and might just pick looks they think are fun, which is cool too :)
    Chanrin wrote: »
    But you're supposed to be rich and famous in the game ^^
    I couldn't relate to the city luxury style though because that's not where my inspiration came from. In NYC, I'm inspired by normal people dressed up in NYC street style. Not all celebs wants to be dolled up all of time. My doll should be dressed up as a normal person every once and a while.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

OMG the wardrobe freezing / crashing glitch is literally (well not really "literally but u know what I mean) driving me insane

4563884_zpsqw87asxi.gif

Andriod player
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    My first bra sighting on the KKH world...mmhh.

Screenshot_2015-09-13-12-47-55.png
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I guess themes are open to interpretation though right? As long as you liked your chosen looks that's cool. If this was a task on Project Runway I'm sure the contestants would come up with different takes. Then there's probably people like me who read the theme and then forgot about it :D plus not everyone is serious about fashion I guess and might just pick looks they think are fun, which is cool too :)
    You know, Lucy, you so sum up my thoughts on this event. I dropped by to post that I've lost more times than I've won with this event, but I am still enjoying it because it's audience-centered (players). We get to see what other players have chosen, and voting is *so* very hard because we are all just so creative! No K-Stars need be spent, no clock to beat, just relaxing fun, for me anyway, lol. I pick looks that are fun too. This type of event is the reason I began playing the game in the first place. I had fun dressing up my doll.

Please understand that a "thumbs down" from me for an outfit isn't a "thumbs down" at all. We vote "Thumbs up" for an outfit, right? I've never hit the 👎🏾 thumbs down icon. So no anonymous hating intended here :-)
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Jesse is 237/255. Finished all the Misty gigs and been grinding with the friend action on gigs so that's honestly where most of his ticks came from! I really like the platform of this weekend event, but yes pretty glitchy. And I guess being a girly Southern woman from the country means I know nothing of "city luxe" for men lol. I think I submitted six looks for Jesse and won 3...eh so half of them so I guess that is not bad.

I think it's so funny that the prizes for the guys are very country club and not city luxe at all! I'm pretty sure I've seen some guys in my area wearing a jacket like that.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Totally RubyD! :)
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I'm upset because the anonymous voters put thumbs down for the outfits that I dressed up my doll that I would normally dress up as. I chose casual clothing for my doll that still looked stylish and I used my inspiration from a everyday NYC look. I won and lost a few times though.

Hey, please don't get so worked up on it, you have to remember your interpretation of "City Luxury" is different than lets say mines or anyone else really. As long as you loved your outfits than nothin else matters.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts

IMO

I personally put my doll in my favorite looks, totally disregarding the theme... I'm not sure exactly how many I submitted but I didn't loose any per say, it just said time was up and got my points. I did win a couple as well.

But again if you're referring to the theme, it's "City LUXURY" not "City Casual" I lived in NYC many years ago, and I in fact did see a lot of extremely dressed up girls on a regular day walking casually in these heels and I would think to myself how in the world can they walk around in those heels lol of course I was jealous! But my tolerance for heels for more than 2hrs isn't the best ;)
    GC Minne622
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    When it comes to fashion.... It's my prerogative!

[video=youtube_share;5cDLZqe735k]http://youtu.be/5cDLZqe735k[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    The 2 on the left where outfits I submitted for my guy game... this event is actually the 2nd one I've actually completed since I play that on an old itouch lol
    And for the final look I decided to go with his usual long locks, I originally had him looking like Cassios better dressed brother ;)

IMG_1829_zps44368909.jpg
    GC Minne622