Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    IMO

I personally put my doll in my favorite looks, totally disregarding the theme... I'm not sure exactly how many I submitted but I didn't loose any per say, it just said time was up and got my points. I did win a couple as well.

But again if you're referring to the theme, it's "City LUXURY" not "City Casual" I lived in NYC many years ago, and I in fact did see a lot of extremely dressed up girls on a regular day walking casually in these heels and I would think to myself how in the world can they walk around in those heels lol of course I was jealous! But my tolerance for heels for more than 2hrs isn't the best ;)
    Well you're probably referring to Manhattan then. I'm actually from the urban part from NYC which is Brooklyn,NY. And I've commuted to Manhattan several times. I don't live in a rich neighborhood especially where I'm located at. I just can't relate to the theme though. I've taken public transportation in NYC and I've haven't seen anyone dressed up like that. So casual style is my inspiration for everyday NYC street fashion look.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    When it comes to fashion.... It's my prerogative!

Holly u must be my sister from another mister lol

I luv this song and Bad A** Bobby Brown :D
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    IMO

I personally put my doll in my favorite looks, totally disregarding the theme... I'm not sure exactly how many I submitted but I didn't loose any per say, it just said time was up and got my points. I did win a couple as well.

Pretty much what I did too lol
    I also made sure not to wear the same repetitive looks or wardrobe items I had to vote on all day

Andriod player
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Well you're probably referring to Manhattan then. I'm actually from the urban part from NYC which is Brooklyn,NY. And I've commuted to Manhattan several times. I don't live in a rich neighborhood especially where I'm located at. I just can't relate to the theme though. I've taken public transportation in NYC and I've haven't seen anyone dressed up like that. So casual style is my inspiration for everyday NYC street fashion look.

Carol I think you're missing what I'm trying to say, having lived in NY when ppl say the city they are referring to Manhattan not the other boroughs. I, like yourself used to commute as well from Forest Hills/Queens.. And I did in fact see ppl dressed up. But again it was my personal experience. To be honest I also didn't live there that long, so I'm not sure how it is now.

The most important thing is you finally finished!! So I'm happy for you and everyone else, specially since everyone was confused at the beginning and I read some even paid to submit looks because they weren't sure how it went.
    So that's that

Happy Sunday beauties;)
    GC Minne622
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Pretty much what I did too lol
    I also made sure not to wear the same repetitive looks or wardrobe items I had to vote on all day

Me too!! I too love fashion and in another life I was probably a fashion designer, and like I believe you said earlier I don't like to over accessorize my doll. I think on some it looks great, but not for me.
    GC Minne622
    The 2 on the left where outfits I submitted for my guy game... this event is actually the 2nd one I've actually completed since I play that on an old itouch lol
    And for the final look I decided to go with his usual long locks, I originally had him looking like Cassios better dressed brother ;)

IMG_1829_zps44368909.jpg

I like all the looks Minne :D

Congrats on finishing doll

Andriod player
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Are we really arguing about the theme right now? How about we share the looks that we've submitted that have won, or praise each other for finishing the event?

Theres absolutely no point like you say to judge or compare looks because even the game doesnt do that.. I think it just lets you win the even points every 4 hour without grinding like crazy! Which is good, life changing and very consumer friendly!

I won this morning a violet kelly bag and i am so happy because i didnt loose any more by opening boxes. So if you wanna spend and get extraordinary things or cash you can but its a gamble, or you can win less extraordinary things without passing your life on it!

Kisses
    Are these shoes in the guys wardrobe? I've never seen them before

PhotoGrid_1442166529123_zpseryxpxor.jpg

Andriod player
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Are these shoes in the guys wardrobe? I've never seen them before

PhotoGrid_1442166529123_zpseryxpxor.jpg

they're the event shoes for this weekend

tumblr_nummo31jbT1qfvh9po1_1280_zpse1kqvww0.png

success!!! I ended up winning for a look I simply threw together this morning. I'm taking the lead made by the others here and dressing in the completed event look for voting in the hopes people will pick the other person
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Carol I think you're missing what I'm trying to say, having lived in NY when ppl say the city they are referring to Manhattan not the other boroughs. I, like yourself used to commute as well from Forest Hills/Queens.. And I did in fact see ppl dressed up. But again it was my personal experience. To be honest I also didn't live there that long, so I'm not sure how it is now.

The most important thing is you finally finished!! So I'm happy for you and everyone else, specially since everyone was confused at the beginning and I read some even paid to submit looks because they weren't sure how it went.
    So that's that

Happy Sunday beauties;)
    Well I am orginally born & raised in Brooklyn,NY. I know that not all the areas of Manhattan are filled with rich neighborhoods though. I know that some celebrities live in Manhattan. One of the celebrities that I can actually think of right now is Taylor Swift and Katie Holmes. Oh some celebrities that live in NYC take public transportation too. How cool is that! They want to live just like normal people too.
    I read somewhere that Hilary Duff moved to Brooklyn,NY.
    I'm happy that I finished the event but I was extremely annoyed because I submitted too many outfits so it take me quite a while to finish .
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no point like you say to judge or compare looks because even the game doesnt do that.. I think it just lets you win the even points every 4 hour without grinding like crazy! Which is good, life changing and very consumer friendly!

I am very confused at what you mean by this? I was trying to clear the air?

So do I! In my opinion, theres no judging for the look that we submit. We get event point at the end of the 4 hours juste like everyone else.
    I dont think that Carol should be sad if she thinks that she is not getting points, i think her case is explained by the glitch which made is close and reopen the game...
    So no worries! This game still stays cool and now a bit more consumer friendly as we dont have to grind for hours in 8 hour jobs:)
    Hope my answer is ok for you, as french is my first language it is always difficult to explain things in english
    Best
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

First time I read I was a little confused too. But read it like this, "Theres absolutely no point, like you say, to judge or compare looks". Punctuation helps! :)
    PM to add
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, and if I did I apologize.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    First time I read I was a little confused too. But read it like this, "Theres absolutely no point, like you say, to judge or compare looks". Punctuation helps! :)

Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Xoxo
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, and if I did I apologize.

Youre great no worries!
    All the looks I entered. I won all of them, which is crazy, my guy game lost half the time. I think the first two I entered I didn't even realize the theme, I just put my doll in outfits I loved. Ok which brings me to some suggestions for this type of event.
    M1kRqxz.jpg

Suggestions

1. Highlight the theme
    The theme isn't noticeable, I'm sure many people overlooked it. In the voting page, the words on the top says "show your style". If the event wants to emphasize on the theme, maybe put the theme name up there or in the middle where there is empty space, so that voters know what they should be voting for, as well as what looks to enter.

i6oOEf7.jpg

2. Incentive for voting
    If no one votes, results become unfair/ event won't work out. So, give incentives to people who vote. For e.g. each votes give cash, and a chance of getting event points (maybe KStars if Glu is feeling generous). Or, voting 10 times gives 1 event points, something along those lines.

3. Our competitor
    Let us see who we are pitted against, and how many thumbs up was received for us and our competitor. This way, we get to see our final look (because I definitely want to take screenshots of my doll on the pink carpet!), and we also know why we won/ lost.

4. Create Look
    As a few others have mentioned, instructions are very much needed. I managed to navigate myself through this event, but many people on this forum were very unsure, I cannot imagine the players who don't know about the forums. This page doesn't even have a "Create Look" button, only a "vote!" button.

J4GJ1Dn.png

Overall, I was excited before this event, during and now I'm still happy about it but it definitely has room for improvements. My first reaction was that there were no instructions, and that there were no benefits for voting, I enjoyed this event and want to see more of it so I gave some suggestions. Also, I'm sure Glu is aware of the glitches like nude women (wonder if there's nude man lol) and the voting glitch etc so there's no need for me to repeat.
    PM to add
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    All your ideas are good, Nai. One idea I had is that even when the 4 hrs are up, you can't submit a look until you've voted like 5 times. Then people HAVE to vote.
    You remind me of the babe...
    I wish that the votes wasn't anonymous because that me made nervous. This weekend event was a hit and a miss for me because I won for some looks and I lost for some looks. But the good thing is that I actually finished this event on time. I'm glad that I got the last item.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Ugh...these are the last 2 looks I submitted and they both won

I'm not submitting any more bcuz I don't want to take votes from other players who haven't finished the event yet.

PhotoGrid_1442170634375_zpswprk85mm.jpg

Andriod player
    So finally Carol Davida has finished the entire event. Yay❕❗
    Carol Davida struggled to finish the event because of the anonymous voters who were actually hating on her personal style. She was dressing up for the fall/winter clothing since it's time for that season to arrive in NYC. She was also inspired by the NYC street fashion style. She didn't want to be all dolled up for the city luxury theme because it wasn't relateable to her. She wanted to blend in with normal people since she dressed up casually for the theme. This weekend event was a hit and a miss for her. Carol Davida showed her anonymous haters how this event is done by completing the event with victory. The haters tried to stop her but on the end she succeed. She is wearing her shades to block the haters and she just brushed off the dirt of shoulders just like Jay-Z would say.
    tmp_12274_KKH_Screenshot_1442171769241844822266.jpg
    windows 7 screen shot
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Mklove wrote: »
    Youre great no worries!

Oh okay, I was just looking back and reading the posts and now I understand what you meant Lol
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Does anyone know if voting for others actually affected if you won or lost? Like, for example, when I voted HEAVILY because I found it fun, my outfits always won and I got more points. But when I was asleep or busy and submitting outfits without voting, my outfit didn't win and I got less points (even submitting the same outfits that won previously). Could just be a coincidence, but any time that I was active with voting I won many more points after the 4 hours were up.
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    pandamoo85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if voting for others actually affected if you won or lost? Like, for example, when I voted HEAVILY because I found it fun, my outfits always won and I got more points. But when I was asleep or busy and submitting outfits without voting, my outfit didn't win and I got less points (even submitting the same outfits that won previously). Could just be a coincidence, but any time that I was active with voting I won many more points after the 4 hours were up.

Hmm, there were a few times I entered and never voted because of sleep, but I still won. We don't actually know how the results work, that's why I suggested that we can see who our opponent is.
    PM to add
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    All of my looks won except for the first one- these are some of the winners
    fwu077.jpg2i9igrk.jpg1567bqu.jpg2mrcqdj.jpgm9wyv9.jpg2dllnqe.jpg

The Chanel bags are my favorite in case you can't tell!
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I submitted Jesse's last look and it lost but I was still able to finish. Whew!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I won all the items, but I can't wear any of them. Very cool.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    I won all the items, but I can't wear any of them. Very cool.

It's not showing up in your closet or something?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    It's not showing up in your closet or something?

No! My wardrobe freezes. :(
    Nai, I agree with you.

Personally, I would like to receive a notification (similar to energy full or gig is trending) when all the votes are in and I can submit another look.

Overall, I liked the event once I got my "sea legs" and knew this event was actually doable without opening gift boxes.

A player can submit up to 6 looks a day and if they "win" 4/6 voting rounds than the event can be completed without doing any gigs. Which is so refreshing.

However, if a player "loses" majority of the voting rounds, they'll have to complete gigs to progress and finish the event.

Congrats to everyone who has been able to finish so far and for those that haven't, there still a little bit of time left :D

10588i51065C9B6C55AB9F_zps27cbcjey.gif

Naimonster wrote: »
    All the looks I entered. I won all of them, which is crazy, my guy game lost half the time. I think the first two I entered I didn't even realize the theme, I just put my doll in outfits I loved. Ok which brings me to some suggestions for this type of event.
    M1kRqxz.jpg

Suggestions

1. Highlight the theme
    The theme isn't noticeable, I'm sure many people overlooked it. In the voting page, the words on the top says "show your style". If the event wants to emphasize on the theme, maybe put the theme name up there or in the middle where there is empty space, so that voters know what they should be voting for, as well as what looks to enter.

i6oOEf7.jpg

2. Incentive for voting
    If no one votes, results become unfair/ event won't work out. So, give incentives to people who vote. For e.g. each votes give cash, and a chance of getting event points (maybe KStars if Glu is feeling generous). Or, voting 10 times gives 1 event points, something along those lines.

3. Our competitor
    Let us see who we are pitted against, and how many thumbs up was received for us and our competitor. This way, we get to see our final look (because I definitely want to take screenshots of my doll on the pink carpet!), and we also know why we won/ lost.

4. Create Look
    As a few others have mentioned, instructions are very much needed. I managed to navigate myself through this event, but many people on this forum were very unsure, I cannot imagine the players who don't know about the forums. This page doesn't even have a "Create Look" button, only a "vote!" button.

J4GJ1Dn.png

Overall, I was excited before this event, during and now I'm still happy about it but it definitely has room for improvements. My first reaction was that there were no instructions, and that there were no benefits for voting, I enjoyed this event and want to see more of it so I gave some suggestions. Also, I'm sure Glu is aware of the glitches like nude women (wonder if there's nude man lol) and the voting glitch etc so there's no need for me to repeat.

Andriod player