Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Dang, I'm not submitting anymore either because my complete event outfit won. I don't want to take away votes from people who have not completed it yet.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Ugh, it's wedding season here! Literally like every weekend there's a reception or anniversary :p I snagged the shorts anyway.

Agree there should be a notification like voting ends in 10 minutes. Also the results should include to whom we lost or won against, with the difference in votes.

The description says "Create your look and vote on other players' styles to win prizes during NY and Paris Fashion Weeks" in the store. So I guess we'll have a similar event soon. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    All of my looks won except for the first one- these are some of the winners!

I remember seeing the last three outfits that you have, and I voted for them! :D
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    even tho we only have events on the weekends typically I really wish that, since this is fashion *week* that GLU would do something like a flash item per day from the voting that was, only 30 or so checks to get and we could make another complete outfit.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Beyoncé33Beyoncé33 Registered Users 67 Posts
    So i finished this weekend event !! It's was simple and easy :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2015_09_13_22_21_51.png

Screenshot_2015_09_13_14_08_47.png

I have never seen this blue dress and these shoes in my dressing !:confused:

Screenshot_2015_09_12_20_54_28.png

Just as these gladiators worn by the girl to the right ??
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    natchula wrote: »
    I remember seeing the last three outfits that you have, and I voted for them! :D

Awesome! Thanks! I kept seeing outfits with a lot of the basic clothes from the beginning of the game- I wish I had been able to vote for the dressier ones
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Beyoncé33 wrote: »
    So i finished this weekend event !! It's was simple and easy :rolleyes:

I have never seen this blue dress in my dressing !:confused:

I'm glad you finished the event and earned all the items! I'm not a huge fan of the purse but I do like its size.

As for the blue dress, it is a regular item in the wardrobe. I don't recall which level or cost but I know it's not a special event item.

5tvHgyZ.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Thank you Holly for being an amazing host. Good night to all ;)
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I spy another new hairstyle coming soon :D

PhotoGrid_1442191172830_zpsl9bxrufl.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • littledollzlittledollz Registered Users 77 Posts
    OMG!! Love that new style, I think she's wearing the dress we won this weekend!! Thanks for posting it DMV Doll
    Christine
    IOS player 
    Start date- Aug '14
    A+++

• Beyoncé33Beyoncé33 Registered Users 67 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I'm glad you finished the event and earned all the items! I'm not a huge fan of the purse but I do like its size.

As for the blue dress, it is a regular item in the wardrobe. I don't recall which level or cost but I know it's not a special event item.

5tvHgyZ.jpg

Thank you Holly, you look always beautiful :)!!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm looking forward for the next weekend event. The NYC fashion week wasn't even relateable to me at all. I'll have to do research to see how fashion is at Milan and Paris since I have no clue what the fashion is like in those countries. I like to do my homework to have more knowledge before I know what I'll be getting myself into.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    No! My wardrobe freezes. :(

I have more trouble with the phone, than the larger tablet, but it still stinks. It will be fixed in the very next update. But I think we should get free Wardrobe Saves for the inconvenience, especially when we were trying to put together outfits.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, I'm worried. I just checked out my finished So Chic London, I spent over 100K$ decorating, (I know, happy event giddy head) I step out, Simon calls about the opening and says "Be careful, don't let things get out of hand. It's a brand new place" Is it going to get trashed and I have to replace everything? Someone tell me you've gone through it and I have nothing to worry about. Help. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, I'm worried. I just checked out my finished So Chic London, I spent over 100K$ decorating, (I know, happy event giddy head) I step out, Simon calls about the opening and says "Be careful, don't let things get out of hand. It's a brand new place" Is it going to get trashed and I have to replace everything? Someone tell me you've gone through it and I have nothing to worry about. Help. lol.

Yikes! That doesn't sound good. Maybe they'll have a storyline where the store isn't doing well and is losing money so our doll has to promote it more. They'll probably make us invite VIPs to gigs there.

P.s. $100K !?!??? Ouch
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Thank you Holly for being an amazing host. Good night to all ;)

Thank you! I appreciate it. I didn't feed y'all but atleast I brought the music. Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS

I unlocked So Chic London today too. But I won't be spending any money for decorations on my game since I don't have enough virtual cash. So Chic London will be the last place to decorate on my game. I have too many expenses on my game just like in real life lol. I'm gonna save up to buy more properties and decorations on my game. My doll is ready for the birth of her first child so she's prepared to start decorating the baby's nursery room. I'll have to admit that interior design is my weakness on this game lol.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I spy another new hairstyle coming soon :D
    Ooooohhhh.... That high bun with bangs could be a fun addition to our hairstyle options. I've also noticed a couple of ads with the Khloé hair in a solid color instead of ombré. I would like that a lot. (Thought not as much as the Wolf avatar hair...oh Glu!!! Listen to me! I might sell a kidney for that hair!"
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I unlocked So Chic London today too. But I won't be spending any money for decorations on my game since I don't have enough virtual cash. So Chic London will be the last place to decorate on my game. I have too many expenses on my game just like in real life lol. I'm gonna save up to buy more properties and decorations on my game. My doll is ready for the birth of her first child so she's prepared to start decorating the baby's nursery room. I'll have to admit that interior design is my weakness on this game lol.
    I think you're on the right track. It's better to buy properties and pets than to furnish So Chic.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm looking forward for the next weekend event. The NYC fashion week wasn't even relateable to me at all. I'll have to do research to see how fashion is at Milan and Paris since I have no clue what the fashion is like in those countries. I like to do my homework to have more knowledge before I know what I'll be getting myself into.

Well, do that research if it appeals to you, but since the other people who'll be playing the game probably won't be doing that research, it may not be a vital thing to do. I mean, you're really only creating outfits that have to appeal to the random people who play this game, not actual experts on New York City Luxury, or Parisian Luxury, or anything.

The people who voted in this event just chose things they liked, regardless of what the style goal was. Getting too caught up in what the official style goal was is probably not helpful. No matter what you know about Parisian or Milano fashion for the next event, Carol, people are still only going to vote for your outfits if it happens to please them in the moment they see it. Just please yourself with the outfits-- you're gonna win some, and gonna lose some. Everyone has such different taste, and you can't automatically please the random people who play this game by being an expert in high fashion if the rest of us aren't also appreciative experts in it too, right?

Just use the things you like, and keep playing, and you'll succeed like you did this time. You were done a long time ago! You did very well.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Thanks for making my first Hostessing experience memorable!

[video=youtube_share;l9BbUqHrWFI]http://youtu.be/l9BbUqHrWFI[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Yikes! That doesn't sound good. Maybe they'll have a storyline where the store isn't doing well and is losing money so our doll has to promote it more. They'll probably make us invite VIPs to gigs there.

P.s. $100K !?!??? Ouch

Well, the store fixtures are purple, and I saw Stars, Stars, and the nicest (purplest) stuff was mostly KCash. Since the store didn't cost anything, I had saved a lot when the 'event payout' was double cash, THe other 2 games do not have that at their disposal, but AppleP, you know. On the few things we want to buy for Stars, we're waiting till a vip weekend. But what could he have meant be carefull it doesn't get out of hand, or raucous, forgot the term. Oh, but it's gorg. so far. Oh, and we all know how useless K$ is anyway, they give it in so many giftboxes. (sarcasm about any value of those 4000K$ boxes) But that's always the way, AppleP comes first, and the Androids feel like ugly stepsisters in reverse Cinderella Land. AppleP is the B. heh heh
    we
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, do that research if it appeals to you, but since the other people who'll be playing the game probably won't be doing that research, it may not be a vital thing to do. I mean, you're really only creating outfits that have to appeal to the random people who play this game, not actual experts on New York City Luxury, or Parisian Luxury, or anything.

The people who voted in this event just chose things they liked, regardless of what the style goal was. Getting too caught up in what the official style goal was is probably not helpful. No matter what you know about Parisian or Milano fashion for the next event, Carol, people are still only going to vote for your outfits if it happens to please them in the moment they see it. Just please yourself with the outfits-- you're gonna win some, and gonna lose some. Everyone has such different taste, and you can't automatically please the random people who play this game by being an expert in high fashion if the rest of us aren't also appreciative experts in it too, right?

Just use the things you like, and keep playing, and you'll succeed like you did this time. You were done a long time ago! You did very well.
    I would rather do research to get some sort of inspiration for the next fashion week before I even start playing dress up on my doll again.
    I know what you're saying but I would rather stick to that particular theme then go off topic. I was voting for other players and I saw so many of them dressed up their dolls that had nothing to do with the theme. It was so ridiculous to me. I don't know I usually get mad at myself if I failed at something. In real life, I tend to be perfectionist at something that I'm usually good at. And I've learned that it isn't a bad thing at all from my former therapist.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Thanks for making my first Hostessing experience memorable!

[video=youtube_share;l9BbUqHrWFI]http://youtu.be/l9BbUqHrWFI[/video]

Holly you were awesome. Wonderful Hostess. You're the Bomb. Do we have time for another dance?
    I've invited next week's Host/Hostess just waiting to hear back now. But well orchestrated, or thrown together........the thread will come up, the event will happen, and, I wouldnt mind if they surprised us again this week with a new formula for the event.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Oh can you tell me which gig series unlocks London Chic, please. I don't think I have it.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    Mauve wrote: »
    Oh can you tell me which gig series unlocks London Chic, please. I don't think I have it.
    I think it's this one.
    tmp_12274_Screenshot_2015_09_13_16_06_41_1_11426.png
    image hosting over 2mb
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I think it was after the photoshoot for SoChic London, after someone tweeted something about my bathing suits falling apart, so sabotage is still going on. I'm really getting tired of the anonymous sniping. I'm not getting any joy from getting 5Stars and constantly being thwarted. From the Photoshoots, the auditions, now this. Enough is enough. Real Life is constantly kicking us in the privates, we don't need a game doing it too, when the whole gaming experience is to get into a different world really. Just my feeling.

ETA: Yes Carol's screenshot. I finished that, and got the phone call it was finished, go check it out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I would rather do research to get some sort of inspiration for the next fashion week before I even start playing dress up on my doll again.
    I know what you're saying but I would rather stick to that particular theme then go off topic. I was voting for other players and I saw so many of them dressed up their dolls that had nothing to do with the theme. It was so ridiculous to me. I don't know I usually get mad at myself if I failed at something. In real life, I tend to be perfectionist at something that I'm usually good at. And I've learned that it isn't a bad thing at all from my former therapist.

Hi Carol, I don't understand why you are so upset about other players not following and/or voting for a theme when you yourself admittedly didn't follow the theme.

Keep in mind you're an "anonymous voter" too lol. You had to vote and choose between two looks just like all the other KKH players who chose to participate in this event.

Researching the next theme may only lead to additional frustration if you don't receive the outcome expected (wins).

There could be players out there who you didn't vote for and possibly didn't win any rounds...that doesn't make you a hater and if they didn't vote for you they're not haters either.

We're all in this together :D

GroupHug_zpsfliytxgh.gif
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Hi Carol, I don't understand why you are so upset about other players not following and/or voting for a theme when you yourself admittedly didn't follow the theme.

Keep in mind you're an "anonymous voter" too lol. You had to vote and choose between two looks just like all the other KKH players who chose to participate in this event.

Researching the next theme may only lead to additional frustration if you don't receive the outcome expected (wins).

There could be players out there who you didn't vote for and possibly didn't win any rounds...that doesn't make you a hater and if they didn't vote for you they're not haters either.

We're all in this together :D

GroupHug_zpsfliytxgh.gif

well said, dmv_doll!

carol, don't forget to have fun and don't take things personally! remember everyone has different tastes, and while some people may see 'city luxury' as being similar to 'nyc street style,' others will have different views on what that means! it doesn't mean you are wrong and they are right, or that you are right and they are wrong. just differing opinions and tastes!
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    also belated <3<3<3s for ms. sisk for hosting such a fun thread this weekend! perfect song to close with as well.