Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    LStar wrote: »
    When I was voting I saw someone who was already wearing the earner sunglasses. Is that even possible? I thought we didn't get points until the 4 hours was up.

I have 45 points
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Right? I try to vote for the more original and unique of the pairs (as long as it still looks good). So not many of these grey crop tops are getting my vote :P

I'm wondering if all of those grey tops are "bots" created by Glu. But I can't think of a reason for them to do that unless not enough real players have submitted looks yet. I just can't believe that so many players are choosing to wear that same top.
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    LStar wrote: »
    When I was voting I saw someone who was already wearing the earner sunglasses. Is that even possible? I thought we didn't get points until the 4 hours was up.
    W T F. That's so weird. I don't get how that's possible either.
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    Definitely something seems odd with these looks I'm voting for. I mean, colored jeans and a bra? Surely people can do better than that. I haven't come across any that were inspired, just so basic. Fashion disaster 90% of them
    Game Centre: +Lya+
    This update is gross i cant even change my outfit
    Lia wrote: »
    Definitely something seems odd with these looks I'm voting for. I mean, colored jeans and a bra? Surely people can do better than that. I haven't come across any that were inspired, just so basic. Fashion disaster 90% of them
    Can you post your look? I'd love to see the difference between what all of us managed to put together vs the hot messes I keep seeing when I'm voting!!!

Honestly some of these looks are so bad... lol
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    Well kindle still hasn't got the update so I have no idea what this weekend event it! So frustrated.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Well I just completed the fashion week pre-show at Oak and got 0 ticks. Lame.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    oh, ok. So we do fashion gigs and get points. This other stuff that makes no sense will not deter me from my work ethic. Tap till your fingers bleed.

Oh, and nice glitch with the wardrobe malfunction. Is Janet Jackson working this show or something?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    oh, ok. So we do fashion gigs and get points. This other stuff that makes no sense will not deter me from my work ethic. Tap till your fingers bleed.

Oh, and nice glitch with the wardrobe malfunction. Is Janet Jackson working this show or something?

Koko did u fix the wardrobe glitch with ur game
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Well kindle still hasn't got the update so I have no idea what this weekend event it! So frustrated.

Don't feel too bad; I have the event and I still have no idea what it is! I guess they were trying to address people's complaints about being bored or something, but this is terrible. Sit on your hands for four hours? This is obnoxious.

You should at least get credit for voting extra, or something...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

So, do fashion gigs actually gigs ticks? Koko, you've earned ticks? What gigs gave them?

I swear I've had some dolls come up twice in my voting
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    So, do fashion gigs actually gigs ticks? Koko, you've earned ticks? What gigs gave them?

I'm wondering if other people got them too... I got none from my Oak gig.
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    Can you post your look? I'd love to see the difference between what all of us managed to put together vs the hot messes I keep seeing when I'm voting!!!

Honestly some of these looks are so bad... lol

That's what I went with

B67CBCE3-7928-44B6-8BAF-206E294E1441_zpsoomybfco.jpg
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I don't get the event? Like what's the point? I dress up, submit a look, then wait 4 hours? I'm not liking the sound of that. But it is what it is. Good luck to everyone.
    Val_ wrote: »
    I swear I've had some dolls come up twice in my voting

I'm wondering if other people got them too... I got none from my Oak gig.

I just earned none from Muse NYSee gig, wheee I was supposed to model Mist's clothes but then someone meddled in...

Only got ticks from inviting my friend. This event is horrible. Just terrible.

LuzVarias wrote: »

I said earlier that cover features features appearances but u need to add friend from gc,, g+ or facebook
    I don't get the event? Like what's the point? I dress up, submit a look, then wait 4 hours? I'm not liking the sound of that. But it is what it is. Good luck to everyone.

Do gigs with your real game frienda and u get ticks dont waist ur time with voting
    I could not agree more Luz. Now what does create a look do? For the 20kstars? Does it submit another look or what? I mean just seeing it, makes sense but do I benefit from it?

Truffle butter-Oh okay thanks.
    Lia wrote: »
    That's what I went with

B67CBCE3-7928-44B6-8BAF-206E294E1441_zpsoomybfco.jpg
    You look great!! God I have serious hair envy.... me want it :( (It better be in a throwback box Glu!!!!!!) Love the shoes too. I wish dolls as fabulous as yours popped up for me to vote for, it would make voting a lot more fun and interesting! I'm getting bored of seeing the same ole basic *****es.
    Do gigs with your real game frienda and u get ticks dont waist ur time with voting
    Disagree. Voting isn't a waste of time, and I strongly encourage everyone who has the time does it. Even if it's only for a little bit. This is the spirit of the game. Voting is how we get 600 ticks. If no one votes, no one gets decent scores for their looks, and then no one finishes the event :/
    Sunglasses - 50
    Dress - 120
    Bag - 255
    U dont need 600 ticks..
    Just do gigs with ur friends :)
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I agree that this event seems dumb and unfair. Usually I can get at least the first 2 items in the weekend event without trying too hard, but in this I might not even get the first one if no one votes for me. Anyway, I'll just try to stay positive until the 4 hours are up.

Btw, here's the look I submitted
    image_zpsnozeke0c.jpg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Do we get rewarded with tickets after finishing the gigs?
    Do we get rewarded with tickets after finishing the gigs?

Nope but u get 9 when u invite friend
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Voting isn't a waste of time, and I strongly encourage everyone who has the time does it. Even if it's only for a little bit. This is the spirit of the game. Voting is how we get 600 ticks. If no one votes, no one gets decent scores for their looks, and then no one finishes the event :/

I agree.
    Sunglasses - 50
    Dress - 120
    Bag - 255
    U dont need 600 ticks..
    Just do gigs with ur friends :)

Thanks for the info.
    I did two gigs with my friends and got one point for each pose for the group photo with a friend. I have two event points now. So good luck with getting the prizes Kate lol :(
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Dolls listen u dont need 600 ticks to finish the event just 255
    Disagree. Voting isn't a waste of time, and I strongly encourage everyone who has the time does it. Even if it's only for a little bit. This is the spirit of the game. Voting is how we get 600 ticks. If no one votes, no one gets decent scores for their looks, and then no one finishes the event :/

Agree. And I think we should wait to see what we get after 4 hours before calling it unfair.... maybe you get 100 ticks? Who knows?

I actually like this gig, it's fun to dress up and now I don't just do it for myself lol
    I said earlier that cover features features appearances but u need to add friend from gc,, g+ or facebook

Okay, I'm being very dense today, but what are "cover features"? You mean if they say that they're offering you the cover of a magazine or something?

Now I don't even understand the people, on this forum anymore! What the hell is going on this weekend?

I regret starting my 6hr gig since school for me starts in like 20mins..
    Oh well--I'lll just wait to see the outcome of this event because I am very confused.