Weekend Event 09/18/2015 - We don't need any teasers or clues...We have Fashion!

123457Next

Comments

• primadiamondsprimadiamonds Registered Users 36 Posts
    Mauve wrote: »
    YOU GUYS! I finally got the Jen and Mario quest! I took what? Like 3 months?! Finally I can get the hair. Not that I really need it though. I got the curly hair I wanted from an event, but I'm EXTREMELY thrilled on getting the quest!

So jealous! I still haven't gotten the quest.

HollySisk wrote: »
    Contact iTunes customer service. They are much easier to reach than Glu. Something must be wrong because the K stars should have appeared immediately.

Thanks for your help, Holly!
    Looks like I won't be getting those stars. iTunes issued me a refund, though, so at least I didn't waste any cash :P
    Lesson learned...this is why I don't ever pay real life money for virtual games!!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Really? You get a hairstyle? Which one? I want tooooo :(
    It's this hairstyle.
    tmp_12281_Screenshot_2015_09_10_13_42_05_1_1_127.png
    image upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

My doll loves her new gold bracelet with her dress.
    67mo9j.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I can't say for sure, but some people who did it after the quest first appeared didn't get the hair, so it might have been a timed thing. But, tbh, it looks so 80s roller Disco. When you either do or don't get the hair would you come back and let us know? (my fingers are crossed, I tease and call it roller disco now, but I wanted it as much as you do . :) It looks good in some cases
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I can't say for sure, but some people who did it after the quest first appeared didn't get the hair, so it might have been a timed thing. But, tbh, it looks so 80s roller Disco. When you either do or don't get the hair would you come back and let us know? (my fingers are crossed, I tease and call it roller disco now, but I wanted it as much as you do . :) It looks good in some cases

It's so funny how much we all covet new hairstyles...even the ones we will rarely use. I only use the hairstyle from the Jen & Mario quest when I'm dressing my doll for our 80s Dance Party.

IbVcgbm.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    It's so funny how much we all covet new hairstyles...even the ones we will rarely use. I only use the hairstyle from the Jen & Mario quest when I'm dressing my doll for our 80s Dance Party.

IbVcgbm.jpg

i love how dixie has eighties makeup on too. perfect. :o
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    It's this hairstyle.
    tmp_12281_Screenshot_2015_09_10_13_42_05_1_1_127.png
    image upload

I love that hairstyle in darker hair colors. Looks great on your doll Carol. I would've voted for that look in the Fashion Week event.

Holly I felt the same way about it in the blond. I vaguely remember this hair popping up as an offer on something. A while ago, right? (Or maybe I just saw it here in the past?? It all blurs together, this game. Lol) I saw it on my doll in a preview.

I thought it made my doll look like Little Bo Peep.

AD7PoC8.png

EtPTsbK.png

BM4RMdh.png

You've accessorised it about as good as it can go, for the blond. You have a knack for it, Holly. Your doll looks lovely in it.

Carol: I love that gold bracelet from last weekend's event. I bought a 40 K star box which got me the first prize, a mystery box. Then I was 15 stars short of the bracelet if memory serves, so I got a chair. I think it was in the San Francisco house? The bracelet is a bit 'different,' which is nice. Or is it called a cuff.
    Mauve wrote: »
    YOU GUYS! I finally got the Jen and Mario quest! I took what? Like 3 months?! Finally I can get the hair. Not that I really need it though. I got the curly hair I wanted from an event, but I'm EXTREMELY thrilled on getting the quest!

I just got it too. I am not getting any other jobs. Is this the last job until a new level is added? I am in level 30 now. I just finished Mario's job and I got the phone call for Jen but I do not get the option to do the job with Jen for 12 hours.

Until then it is just the agent calling with optional jobs over and over again. Is this going to be it? What do I get at the end of the Mario and Jen quest?

Mario is dreamy and Jen looks like Salma Hayek in the game. Different body type but otherwise, a clone.
    The 80s hair does look good with some outfits. I think someone paired it with capri pants and one of the strapless tube tops, and mentioned it looked like Sandy from Grease (Olivia NewtonJ and John Travolta) and now I can't get that out of my head. And to be honest, till I got the more casual softer natural looking frizz-do I wore the RollerDerby Do a lot.

It's amazing how we clamor for hair and makeup. Only one Android got the special eyes. I wish they'd have that available again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Right?. I remember I only got the lips but was crazy for the eyes...those lashes!. Sometimes I think I should save every K-Star I'm able to win for free and wait for christmas and expend it all. But I don't have that kind of will power. Every week I start with 6 or 7 and maybe I get to 40 for the next weekend event and then I see all those wonderful things and forget about my christmas wish lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I love that hairstyle in darker hair colors. Looks great on your doll Carol. I would've voted for that look in the Fashion Week event.

Holly I felt the same way about it in the blond. I vaguely remember this hair popping up as an offer on something. A while ago, right? (Or maybe I just saw it here in the past?? It all blurs together, this game. Lol) I saw it on my doll in a preview.

I thought it made my doll look like Little Bo Peep.

AD7PoC8.png

EtPTsbK.png

BM4RMdh.png

You've accessorised it about as good as it can go, for the blond. You have a knack for it, Holly. Your doll looks lovely in it.

Carol: I love that gold bracelet from last weekend's event. I bought a 40 K star box which got me the first prize, a mystery box. Then I was 15 stars short of the bracelet if memory serves, so I got a chair. I think it was in the San Francisco house? The bracelet is a bit 'different,' which is nice. Or is it called a cuff.
    Thanks Polka-dot. I thought so too. I love that hairstyle on my doll.

Oh ⓦⓞⓦ I noticed that on V.I.P weekend events I usually get something for the giftbox and then the second earn able item. That's all that I can afford lol. I'm not gonna spend the rest of my hard earned kstars on the entire V.I.P weekend event. I know that I will end up being broke afterwards.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Since I don't see Luz and Stellan, ok, It was Dress Day at Apple Ps. Here's the first one she bought.
    She felt like taking a chance, I let her have a gift box, and well, she couldn't wait to show off her white gown when she literally bumped in SassyV in Paris. Sassy looked impeccably styled as always.
    APampSassyV%201.jpeg

Nice seeing you in Paris KoKo lol you were stunning!
    Sassi is really casual these days, very busy between all those fashion shows.. And now with promoting So Chic London.. She goes around throwing clothes and messy bun lol ( read: it's long weekend in my country, it's National Holiday tomorrow, so I'm on mini vacation irl lol)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Nice seeing you in Paris KoKo lol you were stunning!
    Sassi is really casual these days, very busy between all those fashion shows.. And now with promoting So Chic London.. She goes around throwing clothes and messy bun lol ( read: it's long weekend in my country, it's National Holiday tomorrow, so I'm on mini vacation irl lol)

Oh Sassi puts the chic in casual chic. I usually hate the fur piece (and I love fur, faux et al) but you really kill in it. :) Don't think I missed the tonal distribution over 3 zones. THe collar, the purse and the boots. You should save the outfit.

Is anyone else trying that?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    The 80s hair does look good with some outfits. I think someone paired it with capri pants and one of the strapless tube tops, and mentioned it looked like Sandy from Grease (Olivia NewtonJ and John Travolta) and now I can't get that out of my head. And to be honest, till I got the more casual softer natural looking frizz-do I wore the RollerDerby Do a lot.

That was me! LOL

qqR3cRL.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Your doll does look like "Sandy" in the last part of "Grease." That was a big wow moment in the movie.

Well I did the Jen task and was quite surprised when my doll's hair changed right in the middle of the task. That was pretty cool.

So now I like the hair. Go figure.

VnvrlqA.png

Winning the dress just flipped the switch, and she started shopping. Started with a reasonable dress, 85Stars, but she loves to show thigh. She and Dot met at Tulip and caught up.
    APampDot.jpg

Was a lot of fun that day. London is the best. Tulip is one of my fave clubs. We were doing the monochromatic thing - black and white. Good times.
    Wow, I apologize for missing that last one. Sigh. My system is flawed I will perfect it I promise. But that one wasn't random.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary