Options

Throwback Sale - October 2015

Comments

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You only get one item for 60 k stars. It's just like the Weekend Event 40 K star boxes, except they cost 50% more K stars. The upside is that there are no energy or Kash boxes. Every box contains an item from a previous weekend event.

If it would infuriate you to open a box and find sunglasses, you should seriously consider holding on to your K stars.

Ok thanks for the advice Holly. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be worth it to me to open up a throwback giftbox and only get one item and I don't have enough kstars to open up more. I would be upset if I'd get something that I wouldn't want to have. So I won't be participating for opening up a throwback giftbox then.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Also, going forward try your best to get all the earner items during weekend events. This way you'll have less undesirable things in comeback boxes and won't spend K Stars on previous "free" items.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I have a question about the throwback giftboxes. If I opened one gift box for 60 kstars will I get only 1 item or several items in total? I only have 101 kstars and I might open 1 giftbox since I don't have enough kstars to open up more. I want to know before I even to attempt to open it. I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point to open up a gift box. I didn't participate at the last throwback sale so I've been thinking about it before if I want to participate this time.

I was thinking the same. I know there's only one item but since I don't indulge very often with kstars on weekend events I thought I can open 1 box and win something I will not see maybe ever again lol. So I did and Xime won the 2015 earrings (I'm guessing it was a new year's eve event). They're really cute and in this world probably worth more than 60 kstars so my investment was worth it (in my eyes anyway). I'm glad I'm not really that big on halloween costums, that way I'm possitive I will win more Kstars for the hollidays. (Positive thinking lol).

Garrett has exactly 60 kstars so no throwback for him this time around.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I bought a whole palette. I couldn't stop once I saw the red gown from last Christmas that GluAdmin wore on New Years, I went in. Last time, I bought one, got the candy ring and was bitterly stung. This time, caution to the wind........8 boxes later. I have Z's Halloween costume. It's a St Patricks Day Christmas Thot.

StPatricksChristmas%20Thot_zps0ggypy2a.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Thank god, finally!!

f16b107d-d449-429e-8c8d-efebaca7c708_zpsar8soaov.png
    Stellan looks HAWT as a Firefighter.
    I better go take away Dixie's matches before she tries to lure Stellan to her home. ;-)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I've loved seeing everyone's boxes, although I own most of the items, I opened one box....I would have liked either of the Christmas dresses. The one I won isn't really my doll's style, but she's partying in it now.

A8kS3I6.jpg

Oh, please don't think the thot dress I mean red dress outfit Z got is what made her thot like. She comes by it naturally. Your doll must look lovely in it. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Here are the 9 outfits I opened today. I also opened the gorgeous Christmas hair and the St Patrick's hair plus a few of the accessories I used to style these outfits. I also used items from my existing wardrobe to style these looks.

EecJJaH.jpg
    6SGIvD3.jpg
    aZqpzGI.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Here are the 9 outfits I opened today. I also opened the gorgeous Christmas hair and the St Patrick's hair plus a few of the accessories I used to style these outfits. I also used items from my existing wardrobe to style these looks.

EecJJaH.jpg
    6SGIvD3.jpg
    aZqpzGI.jpg
    Awesome looks! I love the 2nd and 6th one. I can't remember seeing the braids in an event before.

Btw, when's doll did an event with you, I saw you wearing like 6 of those outfits 😂
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. I know there's only one item but since I don't indulge very often with kstars on weekend events I thought I can open 1 box and win something I will not see maybe ever again lol. So I did and Xime won the 2015 earrings (I'm guessing it was a new year's eve event). They're really cute and in this world probably worth more than 60 kstars so my investment was worth it (in my eyes anyway). I'm glad I'm not really that big on halloween costums, that way I'm possitive I will win more Kstars for the hollidays. (Positive thinking lol).

Garrett has exactly 60 kstars so no throwback for him this time around.

I'm not a big fan of costumes because I don't celebrate Halloween in real life but I always wanted my doll to dress for the holiday themed events lol.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts

EecJJaH.jpg
    6SGIvD3.jpg
    aZqpzGI.jpg

Dixie is beautiful, as always! I love your style Holly.
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • Options
    Awesome looks! I love the 2nd and 6th one. I can't remember seeing the braids in an event before.

Btw, when's doll did an event with you, I saw you wearing like 6 of those outfits ��

Hahaha... Dixie and your doll must have been working a gig together while I was creating these looks and capturing their image in the "photobooth." I bet you thought Dixie was rummaging through her closet like a wild woman.
    I'm one of those wacky players who looks at what my "friends" are wearing to make sure it is event-appropriate before I invite them to join Dixie at a gig. Of course sometimes a Doll starts in a bikini and suddenly turns up in a ballgown. LOL

The twin French braids are from Khloé's birthday weekend.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    My finger was getting itchy...wondering if I really should stop opening Throwback Boxes. i was dreading the sunglasses but the lure of the "what if?" is very powerful. I only had enough k stars to purchase two more Throwback boxes so I told myself that I would open two and, if they were great, I would buy more K stars. So, I opened one and got the gray pants I really really wanted. Then I paused... Should I really open another? I just had awesome luck, do I risk it? I finally decided to identify which box I would open but then close the board without opening it to see what my luck would have brought in that second box. What was it? Green sunglasses. I made the right choice!!!! Woo Hoo!

61jmvNG.jpg

Dixie is getting very excited about Halloween!
    6jmzJPA.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    So Catherine went overboard and got the two items she has longed coveted!
    39854372-8677-4F13-80E0-208097653C74_zps6naih5t1.jpg

5CB9F465-0AAB-4EB3-B1FA-D98D85E1299A_zpscedwevye.jpg

Unfortunately she was reallllllly ashamed at the number of K-stars she spent. It has had quite the effect on the poor thing.

E42ABEC5-9173-4E5A-BBA6-88F0E9C68A45_zpsxvj8hegk.jpg

223C3364-6227-4B38-90DD-11889D93A563_zpslildolq7.jpg

C5C34458-CA66-47B6-86FC-C579A2E03574_zpsv81q8oio.jpg
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I just want to say thanks for everyone for their lists and screencaps in this thread. I was really bummed about the timing of this throwback sale because I couldn't buy many K-stars, and I have been waiting for another throwback so I could win some of the pretty hairstyles I missed out on thanks to my atrocious luck with gift boxes, or some silver accessories. But from the looks of it the vast majority of the items offered are older ones I already have, and the ones I don't are ones I can do without (like antler hair lol) so I feel better about missing out! Hopefully the next throwback sale has more recent items, I'll spend big then.
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    You know what I want.... And if I get it, I will be SO HAPPY!!! (And I'll stop stalking your avatar)
    And I'm SO HAPPY you finally got your hair Holly!!! :D

Now, if only I can win that cute shorter hair all y'all have....
  • Options
    I just want to say thanks for everyone for their lists and screencaps in this thread. I was really bummed about the timing of this throwback sale because I couldn't buy many K-stars, and I have been waiting for another throwback so I could win some of the pretty hairstyles I missed out on thanks to my atrocious luck with gift boxes, or some silver accessories. But from the looks of it the vast majority of the items offered are older ones I already have, and the ones I don't are ones I can do without (like antler hair lol) so I feel better about missing out! Hopefully the next throwback sale has more recent items, I'll spend big then.

I'm glad you already own most of these items so you can save your K stars and your real life cash for another event down the road. The next Throwback sale should include more recent items and hopefully you'll open the bob & the silver accessories.

I'm using more fiscal responsibility this time and only purchased half the boxes. Thank goodness I got most of the stuff I wanted though I would have been happy if the only thing I got was THE HAIR. I am soooo happy with it! It's gorgeous!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options

Unfortunately she was reallllllly ashamed at the number of K-stars she spent. It has had quite the effect on the poor thing.

This is hilarious Cat. You have a great sense of humor.

I opened every single Throwback box at the first sale so I know exactly how you feel. While some of the stuff is dumb (I own a green boa and plastic Shamrock ring from the first sale), it's soooo exciting to get the items you've coveted. Your doll looks GORGEOUS in those two gowns.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    I really couldn't afford to buy stars but I'm pretty desperate to get back the items I lost when my game glitched in February. So I caved. Didn't get the Christmas hair (and can't afford more stars) but hey I got a few things I used to have so wee!

1paqlj.jpg
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    jahvannajahvanna Registered Users 31 Posts
    Is this just a one day thing...I hope not has I have not downloaded the new update has yet due to my wifi not working properly kmt
  • Options
    NixieNixie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 61 Posts
    When will the throwback sale ends? Will we have another throwback sale today?
    <3 Maee <3
    :) I play kimk daily on Android and i gift people if they ask me nicely if you wanted some gifts add me on my facebook :)
    :ohttps://www.facebook.com/maee.kkh?__nodl :o
    →_→ follow me on instagram if you had one @mae_.kkh.←_←
    (^-^) have a nice day dolls (^-^)
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Currently a little under 20 hours left Nixie!

And on a comical note I have this weird little glitch going on!
    F790A4EA-39EF-4662-8ACD-25012C0A890F_zpsgfvbpsm3.jpg
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    OMG this is just too funny!!!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Really loved how you styled it all, Holly!!

EecJJaH.jpg
    6SGIvD3.jpg
    aZqpzGI.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    jahvanna wrote: »
    Is this just a one day thing...I hope not has I have not downloaded the new update has yet due to my wifi not working properly kmt

Jahvanna
    - the Throwback Sale is running approximately 2 days. According to the countdown timer for the sale, it has just over 19 hours left which means it will end at 10pm EST.

Nixie - The Throwback Sale today includes the same items from yesterday. Hopefully there will be a "new" Throwback sale in the future. The first Throwback Sale was about 3 months ago. Glu doesn't hold these sales regularly.

Linda - Thanks! I have so much fun dressing my Doll. I'm very pleased with the boxes I opened (and hoping I have the restraint to stop while I'm ahead!)

Cat - I'm not a fan of the black tights and ruby heels but your glitch reminds me of when we used to wear socks with pumps. LOL
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Can someone please post a picture of your doll wearing this item?

7pBh7iM.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Hahaha... Dixie and your doll must have been working a gig together while I was creating these looks and capturing their image in the "photobooth." I bet you thought Dixie was rummaging through her closet like a wild woman.
    I'm one of those wacky players who looks at what my "friends" are wearing to make sure it is event-appropriate before I invite them to join Dixie at a gig. Of course sometimes a Doll starts in a bikini and suddenly turns up in a ballgown. LOL

The twin French braids are from Khloé's birthday weekend.
    Thank you. Too bad I didn't notice and get the braids back then 😁

Haha, not at all. Some days I tried on 4-5 outfits before school 😉
    Never thought about deciding if the other players are dressed for a special gig. My doll doesn't even dress for her own gigs.
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts

7pBh7iM.jpg

Here you go:

12074952_1706766146221777_3942296468183683418_n.jpg?oh=5810675df1b078dc63947e95a520c410&oe=56C6FB62
    iOS
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Wow, I didn't know the first throwback event was just three months ago Holly!

That gives me hope we'll be seeing another one in the near future haha!
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts

7pBh7iM.jpg
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Here you go:

12074952_1706766146221777_3942296468183683418_n.jpg?oh=5810675df1b078dc63947e95a520c410&oe=56C6FB62

I decided to try for one throwback item and got that dress. It's not my favorite, but at least, I got an outfit. I usually have bad luck and get the "junk" items.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    CatherineBay your story is hysterical! I read it late last and I wanted to respond, but was deliriously tired and who knows what I would have typed. I read it again this morning and it still has me ctfu
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player