Options

Need christmas advice! Please read?

TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
Ok. So my hubs just ordered him a new motorcycle seat for his Harley for his Christmas present. It was $400 bucks. So that means I'll have at least $400 for my Christmas pressie too!

I had been planning on asking for one of the new Kindle tablets, but..... I decided I want to get an IPad. That way I can play KKH with new ppl!!!:D But I've never had an IPad before, much less shopped for one. So.... this is where my friends here come in!!

What do I need to know? What do I want, like are there different types?? Help me out here please my friends?? :p

Thanks bunches! **smooches** <33
Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
Let's be friends!! :cool: :D

Comments

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I love my iPad mini because it fits in my purse so I can take it with me all the time.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I always thought about starting a new game on another Android device but I think that it would be too hectic for me to be playing two games everyday at once lol

And I can only imagine how busy I would be playing two different games for the weekend events.

Edit: Good luck with playing three different games. That will be a lot of game playing.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I like my iPad. I do have the iPad mini. I have a 64GB and there are over 200 apps and almost 1000 pictures and plenty of room. I had a full size iPad and sold it for the mini. The mini is easier to transport for me. You don't need the "newest" model. Mine is the last years model and I was able to get 64GB for the same price of the newest model 16GB. There isn't too many feature differences and they both run iOS9.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone who did respond, and not just read. :) (63 views :( , I thought this would have been a good place to ask, and I'd get some good advice. But sadly, I guess I was wrong. Yes, I understand there is an event going on, but the time was taken to read the post. Blah, whatever. ;) )

**Again, thanks for the great responses I did get! How big is the IPad mini? I don't want to play on anything as small as a cell phone. The Kindle I'm playing on now is an 8.9in. I wouldn't want to play on something smaller than that. I just like a bigger screen lol.

**So it really doesn't matter what "year or model" (whatever it is lol!) I get? They will all still get the same updates for the device and all apps?

I'm going to have to start "window shopping" and I might have more questions lol. Thanks!! <33
    I always thought about starting a new game on another Android device but I think that it would be too hectic for me to be playing two games everyday at once lol

And I can only imagine how busy I would be playing two different games for the weekend events.

Edit: Good luck with playing three different games. That will be a lot of game playing.

Haha Carol. I welcome the challenge!! It's not tooo hard to play 2 games right now. One reason being lately the guy's outfits in events didn't appeal to me, so I haven't fought too hard for them. I'm working a little harder this weekend though for the Halloween outfits!! But my next character will probably be another female. So that will get challenging!! ;)
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Haha Carol. I welcome the challenge!! It's not tooo hard to play 2 games right now. One reason being lately the guy's outfits in events didn't appeal to me, so I haven't fought too hard for them. I'm working a little harder this weekend though for the Halloween outfits!! But my next character will probably be another female. So that will get challenging!! ;)

I think that Koko can give you the best advice about playing three games on different devices. You will probably be the second person playing three dolls here on the forums.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'm using an iPad Air, love it but I want to change to the iPad Pro soon (I love big screens, I see all the details). Ok, price wise I can't advise you because I don't how much stuffs cost in your country, whether you're buying brand new from Apple or second hand. I see you mentioned $400, but definitely you can go over that amount, right! I mean, it's Christmas :p

I see you're using Kindle Fire HDX, it's slightly smaller than the iPad Air. So if you love the screen size of your Kindle and don't want any smaller or much bigger, iPad Air 2 (the better version of iPad Air) is the same size as the iPad Air would be suitable.

tablet-comparison-2013-42.jpg

And maybe if you want something smaller and easier to bring along everywhere, iPad Mini is great. My brother uses it and sometimes I use it too, it can fit into my smaller bags. I don't know why Poptart is in this comparison lol, maybe you can relate. Note, if you're getting iPad, I'd suggest to get the one with Retina display (higher resolution).

screen%20shot%202014-09-10%20at%208.54.57%20am.png

Also, if you don't mind big like me, iPad Pro is mega huge. Think of it like carrying a small laptop around. I don't mind, I'm always using the car to go around and I can just carry it in my hand like a laptop or leave it in the car. Btw, I always get the one with higher GB. They're good if you use a ton of apps and like to keep a ton of photos, they also sell better (in my country at least).

When I get my iPad Pro, I'm gonna transfer Xan over, and then maybe start a male account of my old iPad Air. So plus Jax (on Android), I'm also gonna have 3 games. I have my cousin who likes to play KKH too, so I think I am quite safe :p

Oh hey, when you get your new game, there's a lot of us to add on your iOS game! Yay!
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I'm using an iPad Air, love it but I want to change to the iPad Pro soon (I love big screens, I see all the details). Ok, price wise I can't advise you because I don't how much stuffs cost in your country, whether you're buying brand new from Apple or second hand. I see you mentioned $400, but definitely you can go over that amount, right! I mean, it's Christmas :p

I see you're using Kindle Fire HDX, it's slightly smaller than the iPad Air. So if you love the screen size of your Kindle and don't want any smaller or much bigger, iPad Air 2 (the better version of iPad Air) is the same size as the iPad Air would be suitable.

And maybe if you want something smaller and easier to bring along everywhere, iPad Mini is great. My brother uses it and sometimes I use it too, it can fit into my smaller bags. I don't know why Poptart is in this comparison lol, maybe you can relate. Note, if you're getting iPad, I'd suggest to get the one with Retina display (higher resolution).

Also, if you don't mind big like me, iPad Pro is mega huge. Think of it like carrying a small laptop around. I don't mind, I'm always using the car to go around and I can just carry it in my hand like a laptop or leave it in the car. Btw, I always get the one with higher GB. They're good if you use a ton of apps and like to keep a ton of photos, they also sell better (in my country at least).

When I get my iPad Pro, I'm gonna transfer Xan over, and then maybe start a male account of my old iPad Air. So plus Jax (on Android), I'm also gonna have 3 games. I have my cousin who likes to play KKH too, so I think I am quite safe :p

Oh hey, when you get your new game, there's a lot of us to add on your iOS game! Yay!
    omg Nai.. I just saw the video for iPad pro and I'm in love with it. What a delight it would be to actually play KKH on that. I have a first gen iPad and it's ok and I really like playing kkh on it but I was thinking of getting the new bigger kindle hd. But after reading up on the specs of iPad pro, my mind is set. Guess I gotta wait a little while longer till I save up the money for it.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I only have an old Kindle and an old iPad but I did find the iPad much better for games. The Kindle tended to overload and screen-stall a LOT.
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »

OMG Nai! That was an absolutely awesome post! Exactly what I was looking for when I made the thread. Thank you very much for that!!

Yes, I don't mind BIG. That's why I was gonna get one of the new Kindle tablets (about $300 bucks). I think it's slightly bigger than the IPad Air. I was looking at IPads over dinner out with my hunny, when I told him I changed my mind of what I wanted. The IPads are very pricy! And the bigger it is the pricier it is obviously. I'm not too worried about lots of space I don't think. I don't do music, and my pics are on my Windows tablet. I'd more than likely only use it for a few apps.

We'll be going shopping when he gets his Christmas bonus. And I did say at LEAST $400 hahaha! I usually get my way lol. But he thinks it's ridiculous to spend that much money on stuff like that. But then I say, "But honey, that's what I enjoy." (pouty face) HAHAHA!! We'll just have to see if it works this year lol!

Yes! I'm looking forward to playing with all the iOS'ers!! ;)
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    ^ agreed. plus if u read the amazon reviews on kindle fire hd was that people were complaining it freezes & lags when you play games on it. since thats what i was gonna use it primarily for, i think that made my decision easier. my ipad very rarely lags or freezes.

im sticking to apple when it comes to KKH.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Hmmm... I don't have any lagging or freezing on my Kindle Fire HDX at all. I love my Kindle. <333
  • Options
    So I decided on the IPad mini 2 with retina display. And I'm getting it today!! :):):) He gets his motorcycle seat early, so I get mine early too! HA! :D
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    So I decided on the IPad mini 2 with retina display. And I'm getting it today!! :):):) He gets his motorcycle seat early, so I get mine early too! HA! :D

Congrats! I used to play KKH on my iPad mini as well. But apparently they were both on the same gamecenter so it caused my phone game to lose progress and I had to delete it. Lesson learned there is to def use different gamecenters lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool: