How You Style

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I liked this hair when I first earned it, but after that I never wore it because, I guess Jax looks weird.

kap9uxV.jpg

Nisha and Amy, thanks!! Love those hoops.

Koko, I'm also compelled by that reason so sometimes when I use the tan skin tone, I feel like I have to say that my doll used fake tan.

Vats, awesome!! That's a replica, except for the muscles :p

Zoye, cool, Asian, mixed of both?
    PM to add
  • xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    My doll never wore this hair and propably never will. But at least I tried...
    0DCEE7CD-A552-40F0-A773-1F49AC2EA6FD.jpg
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I don't have this hairstyle. Looks like a cauliflower to be very honest. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I never use this hair because I think it's shaped like a weird wig. It's a Shame because short curly hair can be cute.

732DD61D-8AC5-41F4-9825-7FE7D1FD8A53_zpszay5mywu.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Going for an "Austin Powers and the Spy who Shagged Me" Vibe lol

PhotoGrid_1446675407318_zpsdwojgv88.jpg

Side Note: I hate this hair
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Charli wrote: »
    I don't have this hairstyle. Looks like a cauliflower to be very honest. :p

nicki-minaj-green-splash.jpg
    PM to add
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    I think what makes this hairtyle so hard to like is the shape its just so odd and unflattering shape wise
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My doll hates this afro wig so she's not going outside like that in public lol
    She tried it on inside of her closet.

This is how I styled my doll with the afro wig. I mix & matched it and accessorized her wardrobe.

I never understood how come the afro wig looks so unnatural on this game.

Screenshot_2015_11_04_18_19_43_1_1.png
    free image host
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Nisha300 wrote: »
    I think what makes this hairtyle so hard to like is the shape its just so odd and unflattering shape wise

I agree. I never liked it and I never plan to use it on my doll. The afro wig should be used specifically for clowns Lmao
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    When I first saw the hair I really liked it. But after I tried it on my avi I realized something was just off about it. Idk maybe it's the shading? I styled it with a poofy jacket to distract from the awkwardness of the hair.
    image_zpskod2hdid.jpeg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    Is there a new item once a day or more then once?
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Nisha300 wrote: »
    Is there a new item once a day or more then once?

I believe Nai is posting once a day for now but I'm not sure. I imagine she'll just keep posting new themes as long as people keep submitting looks.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    See, now in order to pull off that look, my dolls would have to go so much darker than usual. And, I mentioned this before....is it considered in poor taste for me to adopt whatever coloring I'm drawn to? I'd hate to offend anyone. You aRe rocking it Zoë.

But it looks totally different on the npcs we see in the game with that hair and No Sense Of Style!
    lol I can imagine people would be dragging anybody for cultural appropriation if we were at LSA

But itsso chill here, albeit a little too G Rated but it's even fun to work around it. But yeah, my doll has been many been many colors, including Chinese. If Cailtin Jenner is transgendered, then my doll is definitely transracial. And unlike most LSAers, I'm not very PC & militant when it comes to how I dress up my doll.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    ....is it considered in poor taste for me to adopt whatever coloring I'm drawn to?

In my opinion, no it isn't. And I have seen people's pix online vs. their doll's pix and a LOT of people do that, in all imaginable skin color combos, have a different doll skin tone than human skin tone. I don't think it matters. It means for one thing that is your idea of beauty so to me it's a compliment/flattery if anything.

I know too from having been in a virtual community or virtual world or two in my long sojourn online that people also play different genders, ages, body types, anything one can think of. Because some people approach all of this as 'role play' imagination hobby.
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    I don't change Cat's race because for some odd reason I strive for realism which is probably stupid as this is just a game. I don't even really like changing her eye color and hair color. This also is why I have had only one spouse and don't date anyone else in the game. My doll doesn't wear the hair because it just looks odd on her to me. Sort of like how in real life I think Solange is stunning and I adore her hair but if I tried to make my hair look like hers I would look ridiculous. However like Carol Davida I think the hair looks more like a clown than like Solange's amazing hair. The shape is sort of off to me which is unfortunate because there are fairly limited options for a player who want to go for a natural hair (think that's the term?) look so it sucks that one option isn't as nice as it could be.

I do think it looks better with the two darkest skin colors so here is my ideal look for that hair. I chose a fun club outfit because I think the hair is meant to have a fun carefree vibe. I chose the gold because I think it looks amazing on dark skin. It really pops. I'm also currently loving how beautiful the dark skin/gold accent is ever since Vogue arrived in the mail with Lupita Nyong'o on the cover with a stunning photoshoot inside so I tried to match her complexion.
    http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/13338428/lupita-nyongo-fall-2015-couture-october-cover/

05CFFA98-40BD-4C9A-8BBA-A1088894BF89_zpsolkawwxd.jpg
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I don't change Cat's race because for some odd reason I strive for realism which is probably stupid as this is just a game. I don't even really like changing her eye color and hair color. This also is why I have had only one spouse and don't date anyone else in the game. My doll doesn't wear the hair because it just looks odd on her to me. Sort of like how in real life I think Solange is stunning and I adore her hair but if I tried to make my hair look like hers I would look ridiculous. However like Carol Davida I think the hair looks more like a clown than like Solange's amazing hair. The shape is sort of off to me which is unfortunate because there are fairly limited options for a player who want to go for a natural hair (think that's the term?) look so it sucks that one option isn't as nice as it could be.

I do think it looks better with the two darkest skin colors so here is my ideal look for that hair. I chose a fun club outfit because I think the hair is meant to have a fun carefree vibe. I chose the gold because I think it looks amazing on dark skin. It really pops. I'm also currently loving how beautiful the dark skin/gold accent is ever since Vogue arrived in the mail with Lupita Nyong'o on the cover with a stunning photoshoot inside so I tried to match her complexion.
    http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/13338428/lupita-nyongo-fall-2015-couture-october-cover/
    Gurl... Ur doll & Lupita are.....

ta30op.gif
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Here's AppleP. She decided to style it with the white hat and shoes, and accessories in turquoise.

ApplePBlue2Dress_zpse8crfe9f.jpg

Nai, this is great. Worth waiting for. ;)

I'm sorry if this is not allowed Nai. If it is Koko, please accept my apologies and delete it! Awesome thread Nai, wish I could take screenshots! :( I'll just have to enjoy the posts.

KOKO! I simply ADORE those shoes!!! Please tell me they are in the closet at some point and not from an event??
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    To me, those are my ruby slippers. They were an iOS only event. One of those "Kim's Picks' special purchases. I think it came with the dress with the cuffs.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

05CFFA98-40BD-4C9A-8BBA-A1088894BF89_zpsolkawwxd.jpg

I'm glad that you agreed with my statement Catherine. I'm just not happy about that hideous afro wig and I've transitioned to my natural hair texture in real life since I am dark skinned myself just like my doll's skin complexion. It would be appreciated if this game had added Solange's afro hairstyle. I think that it's absolutely ridiculous how much accessories that I had to use on my doll to make that afro wig compliment her wardrobe.

Lupita Nyong'o is my favorite actress too.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

How about...

Retro, and wild?

CPGv6hn.png

Reminiscent of Marlene Dietrich?

llGv1aD.png
    To me, those are my ruby slippers. They were an iOS only event. One of those "Kim's Picks' special purchases. I think it came with the dress with the cuffs.

Dang! They are a sweet pair of shoes! Adorbs!

I'm loving all of the pics. I'm just seeing a bunch of adorable pieces that I want and idk if they are in the closet at some point or not. I'm sitting at level 29, and just not leveling up fast enough haha!
  • goldenbeautysgoldenbeautys Registered Users 5 Posts
    334td8x.jpg
    Well now that I know how to post pics, I can join in as soon as Nai puts up the next objective. If I've got said outfit/hairstyle that is! ;):)
    I'm back and I brought out these requested items (Not sure if you guys want to be named so I will not). These items have a different texture/ material from our usual items so styling takes a bit of work and magic.

Have fun!

XeshINV.jpg
    PM to add
    I bought the swan purse to match this look, been wanting it anyway and it's a VIP event. This jumpsuit looks kinda vintage to me so I paired it with pearls and big diamond ring. I think the hairstyle is important for this jumpsuit.

6ft7r5y.jpg
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have to be honest, you're right about the hairstyle helping, and the bag works well. I'm off to my closet to see if I can get it to work with anything. LOL. And those pants for the guys? It looks like they've been changing an oilfilter on their car or something. Those pants look dirty.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Nai that's exactly the hair I would choose! And those pearls make this look actually wearable. Nice job.
    iOS
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I've never been fond of the hair Nai but it looks great on your doll.

Here's my take on the vintage jumpsuit:
    image.jpg
    I have my thinking cap on about this jumpsuit. It is so satin-y. I have never made up my mind how I feel about this jumpsuit. The hem is kind of high-water.

I like both of your styling choices.

Kateliciously where did you get that silver bracelet? I love it.
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I have my thinking cap on about this jumpsuit. It is so satin-y. I have never made up my mind how I feel about this jumpsuit. The hem is kind of high-water.

I like both of your styling choices.

Kateliciously where did you get that silver bracelet? I love it.
    Thank you. Yeah, sadly lots of stuff has to short arms and legs.

Emm...I have it in my closet. Eventhough there is no symbol next to it, it might be from an old event.
    image.jpg